Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 35: November 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I will say it, then. Not working is very very good! ;-)Specially if you have the money needed to use all you free time doing thing you are passionate about.

I don't understand why all the socialites pretend to be working girl. All this "I work very hard designing jewelry" nonsense. It's as if they were ashamed of not needing to work.

I totally agree with Nathalie Cox. What's becoming annoying about Charlotte attitude is simply her constant fed-up faces, and leave me alone attitude. It's just ridicolous.

Her mother Caroline tries to protect her private life as strongly as she can, but she always put on a happy face at parties, events, etc... I guess she has a class, her daughter totally lacks.
What I get from the little we know about her, is that being spoiled and privileged as she is, she has grown to believe that she deserves the best and has to start everything from the top. And that's leading her to failure after failure.

1. She dropped university because she had to get to ENS at the first try or nothing (and surprise, her name and money weren't worth nothing there).

2. She's failing at journalism because instead of taking some journalism course and starting from the botto, she went directly to one of the main european papers and from there to editing her own magazine which (from an stricly journalistic point of view) was rubbish. Again, her name and money didn't magically infuse her with the experience of a seasoned journalist.

3. She's failing at horse riding because instead of following a sensible career (à la Valentine) she's decided she deserves to ride among the best professionals in the world. And again, money buys you the horses but doesn't give you experience or talent.

It looks as if she thinks that just because she has the money and the contacts she deserves to start from the top in every activity she undertakes. And that's simply ridiculous everyone has to start from the botton and learn step by step. But she seems to always want the best or nothing.

It's so hard to say, but aren't you glad that you were born a "normal/ordinary" :lol: person that understands what it means to earn something - a degree, money, respect, admiration. Life's not a given, just BECAUSE you're royal (or a celeb:cool:). Unfortunately, the entitlement attitude does follow (eye rolling or glares:bang: when the 'razzi takes pictues). But, running from thing to thing because no one has any expectations for her (and she hasn't sought :ermm: any) doesn't help, either - maybe some day, she'll pick a cause, a degree to follow through with and earn - finish SOMETHING (from beginning to end), and that earned feeling accomplishment will follow :).

Charlotte is only 24- she's got plenty of time to figure out what she wants in her life. I'm sure that once she's reached her Mom's age she'll have things going on her life. :flowers:

I cannot imagine how they spend so many hours a day. You get to a point you don´t know what to do.

Do you? Thanks to certain lucky circunstances I've found myself "unemployed with money" for 3 years and I've never been happier. Time rushes by and isn't enough for all the things I like to do.
I've never in my life reached a point were I didn't know what to do with my time, they are always too many things I want to do, and I feel sad for people who need to fill-up their time with a job because otherwise they get bored.
And if I were casiraghi-rich I'll have access to even more passionate things!
Actually, I'm going to have to get back to work in a few months and I don't know how I will survive.

Why not? Many rich people go to Oxford, Harvard. Some of them work hard and run their own businesses. Why not be a good lawyer, scientist, economist? I don´t mean the Casiraghis have to work, I stated clearly that they can choose, what I mean is they do not have passion for a profession. In that case they would work.
I cannot imagine how they spend so many hours a day. You get to a point you don´t know what to do.

I can see Andrea having a career in the UN, or succeeding his mama at Amade someday. I can see Pierre increasing his business activities. Charlotte is a little bit harder to figure out. She leaves herself more open, more vague. She does a little of this, a little of that. Jump horses, write an artist review, promote sustainable fashion, model for Gucci in Vogue. I think when she finds out what she likes more than anything else, she will know it and pursue it zealously. But for now, she is all over the place. And that's fine. I mean, I'm 33 and still all over the place. :D

IMHO, I think the only thing that she really craves for is ... some authethic, solid respect. Since she has pretty much everything else and she grew up looking up to such people like P. Caroline, she wants to be respected a great deal. But I think, since she never had to fight for anything, she hardly knows our dramas and dilemmas. Basically, she had never struggled. That's why I think it will be sort of rough for her to taste some real taste of victory. That's why she's messing around like that.

^You mean she wants to be admired like Princess Caroline? But she does not know how to achieve that kind of admirability? Because she hasn't ever had to work her way up from the bottom up? She's always on the top of everything. Write an article? Oh, go write for one of Britain's biggest newspapers and have a byline shared with an established journalist. That her was first piece, where she started. I can see your point. Need a horse trainer? Here, train with this former Olympian! Work in publishing? Oh, you can be Editor-at-Large for this hot new eco-magazine! Not exactly entry level. She doesn't know what it is to be at the entry level. :lol:

And that's only her fault.
Many many people with fortune and names like hers start at entry level because they know it's the only way to learn and not make a fool of oneself. If so many other rich and well connected kids have done it and she doesn't what's the reason?
They are more level headed? Their parents are more level headed and have showed them from an early age that the world won't fall at their feet just because they have money and a name?

And that's only her fault.
Many many people with fortune and names like hers start at entry level because they know it's the only way to learn and not make a fool of oneself. If so many other rich and well connected kids have done it and she doesn't what's the reason?
They are more level headed? Their parents are more level headed and have showed them from an early age that the world won't fall at their feet just because they have money and a name?

I agree - one name some may recognize is Donald Trump. He had high expectations for his children. His children from his first marriage all went to college and grad school - none have been arrested or in rehab; the two older ones are married, and all work in the family business - but, he insisted that they start at the bottom, get an education, and work their way up. His daughter Ivanka also has a successful jewelry line on the side....so, it can be done.

And the sad thing about Charlotte is that MAYBE she has the talent to go far. I mean, she got her "très bien" degree at the bac all by herself, in an exam where money or connections are totally worthless.

So, maybe she would had entered the ENS if she had tried once more.
Maybe she would be a great journalist if she bothered to be trained, and go to journalism school, and was willing to spend a couple of years at the bottom.
Maybe she has the talent and could be a great equestrian if she had the patience and the humility to ride horses and competitions that were right for her.
Nobody can be a master without having been previously an apprentice. It's common sense.

You can't be great without having been at the bottom first, I agree. But that's why you see so many lazy (per choice) ''rich kids'' living on mummy and daddy or getting into the family bussiness.

And the sad thing about Charlotte is that MAYBE she has the talent to go far. I mean, she got her "très bien" degree at the bac all by herself, in an exam where money or connections are totally worthless.

So, maybe she would had entered the ENS if she had tried once more.
Maybe she would be a great journalist if she bothered to be trained, and go to journalism school, and was willing to spend a couple of years at the bottom.
Maybe she has the talent and could be a great equestrian if she had the patience and the humility to ride horses and competitions that were right for her.
Nobody can be a master without having been previously an apprentice. It's common sense.
I agree. It's a pity that she wants to start everything from the top. Some times she makes me wonder if it's all right to have some admiration for her, after all her statements, the magazines issues, (the stuff about privacy being rejected in the court, her statements in Vogue about Alex) :ermm:

Just like her 'sister-in-law' Beatrice Borromeo. Had she started from the bottom, now she wouldn't have been booed by her own readers, as they are doing on her blog.:whistling:

Just like her 'sister-in-law' Beatrice Borromeo. Had she started from the bottom, now she wouldn't have been booed by her own readers, as they are doing on her blog.:whistling:
Which is her blog? I want to read that!:eek::D

With all respect, I don't understand why anyone admired her in the first place. I think she's gorgeous, I find her background interesting, and there was a time when she was doling out one great outfit after another (those days are long past sadly), but we never really knew anything about Charlotte until recently when she started opening up to the press. There was a time when I thought she was far more classy than her contemporaries but she is proving to be far more typical than I gave her credit for. That said, she is still young, God-willing she still has time to improve herself and find her calling, and she'll always be beautiful, so there's that.

About Pierre's girl, I've heard nothing but bad things concerning her journalist career. So I'm not surprised. I also found out she used to date one of my crushes so since I'm a little jealous of her right now, I probably better not sound off.

Last edited:
With all respect, I don't understand why anyone admired her in the first place. I think she's gorgeous, I find her background interesting, and there was a time when she was doling out one great outfit after another (those days are long past sadly), but we never really knew anything about Charlotte until recently when she started opening up to the press. There was a time when I thought she was far more classy than her contemporaries but she is proving to be far more typical than I gave her credit for. That said, she is still young, God-willing she still has time to improve herself and find her calling, and she'll always be beautiful, so there's that.

About Pierre's girl, I've heard nothing but bad things concerning her journalist career. So I'm not surprised. I also found out she used to date one of my crushes so since I'm a little jealous of her right now, I probably better not sound off.

I'm interested in their lives, I like everyone in Monaco (Casiraghi, Grimaldi...) but I don't admire them. I think that there will be many of people think as I do. ;)

Yes, admiration is not the word. Perhaps some people admire royals here. That is beyond me.

And Tosca, Beatrice is a brave journalist and writes abouts with politics, a corrupt government, among other topics. It is natural that people write some insults, although I read many praiseworthy comments there. I will post the blog in the right place.

Last edited:
Charlotte has been in training her whole life. She comes from three extremely successful families; the Grimaldis, Kellys and Casiraghis. They raise their kids to be leaders from birth and to associate themselves with the best mentors they can find. They don't become employees. They become company owners or self-employed. Pierre has been given his own company to start I am sure with much guidance from his Uncle Marco. Charlotte has associated herself with the Roziers, Jan Tops and Edwina Alexander for riding and the editor of Italian Vogue for publishing. They are smart and understand how to be successful. Why would they want to get advise from people who aren't? Their mentors profit from the association with them. It's a win-win for both sides.

I think she lost her "classy" demeanor when she started dating Alex, and hanging around w/that crowd.....remember that disgusting black hair dye period, and how thin she got?! Now, the constant sulking face.....

I think that she always had that poutty and sulking face! But i agree with some posts about her change and appearance. Of course, i also like watching the royal family and the trio, but i don't admire them!

I think that people who are worth admiration are others, not this crowd of uber privileged kids. They are born with a silver spoon and they never had to fight to gain something.
I admire people who worked their way out in life, scientists, doctors and so on.

Those royals are fun to look at, talking about their clothes, holidays, galas,romances, but as for admiration, no, I don't think they are worth any admiration.

I think that people who are worth admiration are others, not this crowd of uber privileged kids. They are born with a silver spoon and they never had to fight to gain something.
I admire people who worked their way out in life, scientists, doctors and so on.

Those royals are fun to look at, talking about their clothes, holidays, galas,romances, but as for admiration, no, I don't think they are worth any admiration.
Do agree with you,most of them are too pride of themselves and couldn't imagine what would happen if they fall down...

Charlotte has been in training her whole life. She comes from three extremely successful families; the Grimaldis, Kellys and Casiraghis. They raise their kids to be leaders from birth and to associate themselves with the best mentors they can find. They don't become employees. They become company owners or self-employed. Pierre has been given his own company to start I am sure with much guidance from his Uncle Marco. Charlotte has associated herself with the Roziers, Jan Tops and Edwina Alexander for riding and the editor of Italian Vogue for publishing. They are smart and understand how to be successful. Why would they want to get advise from people who aren't? Their mentors profit from the association with them. It's a win-win for both sides.

^ I completely agree with this. Why should they start from the bottom? Wouldn't we all do the same thing if we were in their place? They are privileged and I think they know that. What I like is they don't seem to rub it in other people's faces like some heiress types do.

Admiration wasn't the right word to use of my part, sorry. I don't know what word could i use, though. Maybe, she used to fascinate me. Now, she is just a socialite girl that doesn't want to be recognized as socialite, but does exactly the opposite so, she is clearly one.

I don't agree at all. Intelligent rich and privileged people usually have their kids starting at the bottom of their companies or friend's companies. Of course, in a couple of years they'll be haveng important and directing posts, it's not as if they have to rise step by step, but it is important to start at the bottom for everyone because it's they only way to learn. The Trumps have been named above, but Marta Ortega is another one. She started from the bottom and has worked in all the Zara divisions before taking on a managins post. And I have worked with people with much bigger names than casiraghi, who wanting to become a journalist at least took a one year journalism course before asking mamma's friends for a job.

And in Charlotte case it is very obvious. The girl may have access to anyone because she is rich, perfect, but the fact is that she's been a FAILURE in everything she tried to do.
She tried to enter de ENS and she failed.
She tried to become a journalist and the magazine she produced looked like a high school journal. No more issues to this date. Again, failure.
Now she wants to be a top equestrian and she is failing miserably again.

You may have the best mentors in the world. If you don't have the knowledge required to follow their teachings you won't learn.

Last edited:
You've got it backwards Trepstrep. The mentors have to have the knowledge to pass it on to the student. If the mentor is at the bottom they don't have the knowledge to pass on. You don't have to know how to clean a bathtub to own a hotel. You do need business knowledge. Charlotte said in the Italian interview she didn't want to be a journalist. She wants to be an editor and I don't think a commercial editor. More a relayer of information. The term she used was a think tank. She said she was only going to publish when she had something to say. Not on a regular basis. Charlotte hasn't been a failure at anything. She is learning and she is making money while she does it. What does she have to do to be a sucess in your eyes? Win a nobel prize or a gold medal? I think your expectations for a 24 year old are a tad unrealistic.

Again, I don't agree at all.
In order to be able to learn from someone with a very high level you already need a high level yourself.
I you want to learn music you don't pic Mozart as a teacher unless you already are a very proficient musician because otherwise you are wasting money and more importantly, time: you won't be able to appreciate all the subtilities he is able to teach you, his lessons will be lost on you.
To be a press editor you absolutely need to work as a reporter/writer for a while. Otherwise you won't have the techniques requiered and your product would be amateurish and childish. As Charlotte's interviews and magazijne had been.

I don't have big expectations for any 24 year old. It's Charlotte who has big expectations for herself. If she didn't have such ambitions she would only be an underachiever beacause at 24 she doesn't even have a university degreee (in france to complete a real degree you need 4 years). So, yes, she has achieved far less than many 24 year old.

But when you think about her big expectations for herself, you can't not see she is a failure.
If you try to get into the ENS and you don't even get an university degree you are a failure.
When you try to launch a magazine and talk about as if you were doing something important and you have sponsors and the media atention and you launch a product thats seems made by a teenager in school, you fail.
When you get the best horses, a renowed trainer, decide to ride among the elite because you can pay for it, and once and again ad again get eliminated and eve manage to destroy your best horse and make him not wanting to jump anymore (she did that with Tintero who at the start of the season was willing to jump through fire), you are a failure.

Lower expectations, less rush, and she could have fulfill any of her ambitions. Right now, she's not even got a vulgar and common university degree... at 24 years old.

Yes, admiration is not the word. Perhaps some people admire royals here. That is beyond me.

And Tosca, Beatrice is a brave journalist and writes abouts with politics, a corrupt government, among other topics. It is natural that people write some insults, although I read many praiseworthy comments there. I will post the blog in the right place.

Beatrice is just a 'protegé' with no talent for journalism. She got the job because of her family ties and connections. She received bad comments from her 'fans' this time. At last people are waking up! Bea should write about fashion like Charlotte does. Those are just spoiled brats who do not know how to spend their time. ;)

I totally agree with Nathalie Cox. What's becoming annoying about Charlotte attitude is simply her constant fed-up faces, and leave me alone attitude. It's just ridicolous

Paparazzi make lots of money off of her. The chase her. Perhaps her "fed-up- face" look is her exasperation with the constant attention given to her, as she does not court publicity the way publicists for starlets or not-starlets (Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian). I imagine that it is not fun to be hounded by the press every time she steps outside her apartment door. With the exception of the publication of her magazine, she doesn't do anything to make herself a "celebrity". The press and her heritage take care of that. She was born into a well-known noble family, is beautiful, is wealthy and for these facts, she is of paparazzi and forum-gossip interest. Why should she not want strangers to leave her alone? Her life is private. She can’t smile all of the time, I don’t. When she is not smiling at the press, she is not personally snubbing any one of us. As she grows older, the press interest in her intensifies and she is not doing anything to encourage it. I think that the press attention given to her is primarily because of her looks. She is beautiful and is the daughter and granddaughter of two very beautiful women. Princess Stephanie and her daughter Pauline are very pretty, but do not generate the same level of press frenzy attention.

Last edited:
Maybe not lower expectations 'per se', but smaller more realistic goals, so she can actually achieve them. I think the fascination with her was inherited as a result of the fascination with her mother even though she doesn't have the 'royal' title.

I agree partly. Some royals aren't to be admired.Like the Casiraghis. They are just kids. But there are royals who I admire very much! Like Prince Charles! And Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh! These royals have proved themselves by their intelligence and foresight. I'm sure we could name others. Like Princess Victoria of Sweden. I really admire her a lot. I think she can be held as a model for young women.

That said, so far off topic, I will agree that Charlotte has a long way to go in her life before she can be admired for anything. Maybe she won't ever be.

Fanofmonaco, I find your last post simply snobbish. No one learns how to be a boss without first having a boss. And there are many successful people besides the famous names you speak of. Success is in many forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom