The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 09:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Bouche d'Or View Post
Well, her entire schedule makes her 'busy' in order keep her preoccupied with something, anything. Since she's convinced she's not like other socialites, heiresses that she hangs out with, she tries to be perceived as the one with a 'job', workout body, focus on her face. Everytime I see her she seems to have 'Life's been so bad to me!'. IMHO, her horseriding career is a flop. So if anyone is going to tell me she has solid work ethic...

The thing is that she might feel a bit obliged to the whole legacy and her mother's faith in her, and since she's said that she's superbsmart and hardworking, she tries her best...

If I were her, I would not even bother with that. Whole world knows how ridiculously lucky and loaded she is, so why bother? You won the lottery Charlotte, have fun. Seems you're not born to do anything else, learn to live with a zest. That's my advice.

That's what life is. Right now, there's a harsh blizzard outside of my window. And I see frostbitten welders working like crazy since 7. That's a job. And afterwards, they don't have this look on their faces.
Gotta say i agree!

Old 11-29-2010, 09:07 AM
Aristocracy

Grace Kelly was a TOP actress, it's even more difficult then because you have to hold that position by working hard and hard if you want to keep being number 1.
I read in one of her autobiography that she used to wake up at 5 am when she was shooting a movie, hours and hours of preparation, memorizing the scripts............
No, it is not an easy job.
That's why Grace was the only one in her family who actually had a job, before becoming a princess.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

^Yes, unfortunately, actors aren't recognized as they should for their work. Being an actor is not easy at all. It requires a lot of mental and physical preparation for the role, but hardly anyone takes an actor's job seriously. It's a pity.
Grace was a nice actress, she wasn't wow "the greatest actress of the decade" but she had a very nice acting. What counts, is that she did work. And when she became a Princess, she still worked. Her and Rainier made a tremendous effort to put Monaco on the map.
Charlotte, on the other hand, hasn't achieved anything yet. She is quite young, 24 years old, but, she hasn't found her motivation in life, and i hardly doubt the horses are what will full her life.
We can't compare her to other "common" people her age, because she was born privileged, so she pretty much can do what ever she wants, is different.
What it bothers me is that attitude of "i'm so tired of my life, nobody understands me, i don't like all this at all" when it's sort of clear that she actually enjoys this. Why would she go to fashion events if she doesn't like it? Why would she go to public events?
Her face always show this kind of "leave me alone" but she has to deal with it, because she choose to appear in public.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
^Yes, unfortunately, actors aren't recognized as they should for their work. Being an actor is not easy at all. It requires a lot of mental and physical preparation for the role, but hardly anyone takes an actor's job seriously. It's a pity.
Grace was a nice actress, she wasn't wow "the greatest actress of the decade" but she had a very nice acting. What counts, is that she did work. And when she became a Princess, she still worked. Her and Rainier made a tremendous effort to put Monaco on the map.
Charlotte, on the other hand, hasn't achieved anything yet. She is quite young, 24 years old, but, she hasn't found her motivation in life, and i hardly doubt the horses are what will full her life.
We can't compare her to other "common" people her age, because she was born privileged, so she pretty much can do what ever she wants, is different.
What it bothers me is that attitude of "i'm so tired of my life, nobody understands me, i don't like all this at all" when it's sort of clear that she actually enjoys this. Why would she go to fashion events if she doesn't like it? Why would she go to public events?
Her face always show this kind of "leave me alone" but she has to deal with it, because she choose to appear in public.
I do say that in"Grace Era" the work of actors was much more harder and natural than nowadays.So,it was nearly a theatre play,Grace passed a good theatre school.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Aristocracy

Of course we cannot compare Charlotte Casiraghi's life to the " normal people" of her same age.
She is uber privileged, she belongs to a very limited category of people, the so called " happy few". That's why I am not surprised of her lack of a serious job/career...
She 's mocking around, she's enjoying life, parties, fashion shows, movie premieres..it's all OK, because she is Charlotte Casiraghi.
Maybe she'll become more active with charity works when she gets older, more involved with humanitary trips like her mother, who knows?
Really I am not saying that not working is good, but when you are worth gazillions, you don't need it.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Serene Highness

I agree with many, in that, because Charlotte was born a photogenic beauty into a royal family, it gives her priviledges that even celebrities don't enjoy - aside from access to important world leaders, she's able to be the face of Chanel or Gucci, and her fans will help the profits of those companies because they will buy what she's wearing - she gets free clothing and accessories, access to social events, and the companies benefit from her endorsement. She doesn't need to be paid (like celebs), and it wouldn't be in the best interest of a fashion house to burn bridges with various royal houses, since they are always in need of haute cotour for events. In her personal life, she seems to be in a holding pattern between university and real life - while I think she's enjoying dating, I don't believe Alex is "the one," but who knows. I do believe that she'll continue to find causes to support (including those chosen for her by the Palace); I don't see her getting lost amidst drugs and alcohol and falling into rehab. She has her equestrian pursuits, she's close to her family; she'll be fine....
Old 11-29-2010, 11:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vera Friedel View Post
Really I am not saying that not working is good, but when you are worth gazillions, you don't need it.
Well I will say it, then. Not working is very very good! ;-)Specially if you have the money needed to use all you free time doing thing you are passionate about.

I don't understand why all the socialites pretend to be working girl. All this "I work very hard designing jewelry" nonsense. It's as if they were ashamed of not needing to work.

I totally agree with Nathalie Cox. What's becoming annoying about Charlotte attitude is simply her constant fed-up faces, and leave me alone attitude. It's just ridicolous.

Her mother Caroline tries to protect her private life as strongly as she can, but she always put on a happy face at parties, events, etc... I guess she has a class, her daughter totally lacks.
What I get from the little we know about her, is that being spoiled and privileged as she is, she has grown to believe that she deserves the best and has to start everything from the top. And that's leading her to failure after failure.

1. She dropped university because she had to get to ENS at the first try or nothing (and surprise, her name and money weren't worth nothing there).

2. She's failing at journalism because instead of taking some journalism course and starting from the botto, she went directly to one of the main european papers and from there to editing her own magazine which (from an stricly journalistic point of view) was rubbish. Again, her name and money didn't magically infuse her with the experience of a seasoned journalist.

3. She's failing at horse riding because instead of following a sensible career (ā la Valentine) she's decided she deserves to ride among the best professionals in the world. And again, money buys you the horses but doesn't give you experience or talent.

It looks as if she thinks that just because she has the money and the contacts she deserves to start from the top in every activity she undertakes. And that's simply ridiculous everyone has to start from the botton and learn step by step. But she seems to always want the best or nothing.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:08 PM
Aristocracy

LOL Trepstep, you know what?
I ALSO think that not having to work is really good But it did not seem politically correct to say it ; )
Old 11-29-2010, 02:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vera Friedel View Post
I do not want to be an hypocrite, I do not blame Charlotte for not having a job. What job could she do, by the way?
An office one?
Secretary? Lawyer? Real Estate agent? Come on.........
She is lucky to live off her wealth ,and she does well.

Why not? Many rich people go to Oxford, Harvard. Some of them work hard and run their own businesses. Why not be a good lawyer, scientist, economist? I donīt mean the Casiraghis have to work, I stated clearly that they can choose, what I mean is they do not have passion for a profession. In that case they would work.
I cannot imagine how they spend so many hours a day. You get to a point you donīt know what to do.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:33 PM
Aristocracy

Rosana, pienso que deberiamos preguntarlo a los Casiraghis, si se aburren haciendo nada
Old 11-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
Well I will say it, then. Not working is very very good! ;-)Specially if you have the money needed to use all you free time doing thing you are passionate about.

I don't understand why all the socialites pretend to be working girl. All this "I work very hard designing jewelry" nonsense. It's as if they were ashamed of not needing to work.

I totally agree with Nathalie Cox. What's becoming annoying about Charlotte attitude is simply her constant fed-up faces, and leave me alone attitude. It's just ridicolous.

Her mother Caroline tries to protect her private life as strongly as she can, but she always put on a happy face at parties, events, etc... I guess she has a class, her daughter totally lacks.
What I get from the little we know about her, is that being spoiled and privileged as she is, she has grown to believe that she deserves the best and has to start everything from the top. And that's leading her to failure after failure.

1. She dropped university because she had to get to ENS at the first try or nothing (and surprise, her name and money weren't worth nothing there).

2. She's failing at journalism because instead of taking some journalism course and starting from the botto, she went directly to one of the main european papers and from there to editing her own magazine which (from an stricly journalistic point of view) was rubbish. Again, her name and money didn't magically infuse her with the experience of a seasoned journalist.

3. She's failing at horse riding because instead of following a sensible career (ā la Valentine) she's decided she deserves to ride among the best professionals in the world. And again, money buys you the horses but doesn't give you experience or talent.

It looks as if she thinks that just because she has the money and the contacts she deserves to start from the top in every activity she undertakes. And that's simply ridiculous everyone has to start from the botton and learn step by step. But she seems to always want the best or nothing.
It's so hard to say, but aren't you glad that you were born a "normal/ordinary" person that understands what it means to earn something - a degree, money, respect, admiration. Life's not a given, just BECAUSE you're royal (or a celeb). Unfortunately, the entitlement attitude does follow (eye rolling or glares when the 'razzi takes pictues). But, running from thing to thing because no one has any expectations for her (and she hasn't sought any) doesn't help, either - maybe some day, she'll pick a cause, a degree to follow through with and earn - finish SOMETHING (from beginning to end), and that earned feeling accomplishment will follow .
Old 11-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charlotte is only 24- she's got plenty of time to figure out what she wants in her life. I'm sure that once she's reached her Mom's age she'll have things going on her life.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
I cannot imagine how they spend so many hours a day. You get to a point you donīt know what to do.
Do you? Thanks to certain lucky circunstances I've found myself "unemployed with money" for 3 years and I've never been happier. Time rushes by and isn't enough for all the things I like to do.
I've never in my life reached a point were I didn't know what to do with my time, they are always too many things I want to do, and I feel sad for people who need to fill-up their time with a job because otherwise they get bored.
And if I were casiraghi-rich I'll have access to even more passionate things!
Actually, I'm going to have to get back to work in a few months and I don't know how I will survive.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
Why not? Many rich people go to Oxford, Harvard. Some of them work hard and run their own businesses. Why not be a good lawyer, scientist, economist? I donīt mean the Casiraghis have to work, I stated clearly that they can choose, what I mean is they do not have passion for a profession. In that case they would work.
I can see Andrea having a career in the UN, or succeeding his mama at Amade someday. I can see Pierre increasing his business activities. Charlotte is a little bit harder to figure out. She leaves herself more open, more vague. She does a little of this, a little of that. Jump horses, write an artist review, promote sustainable fashion, model for Gucci in Vogue. I think when she finds out what she likes more than anything else, she will know it and pursue it zealously. But for now, she is all over the place. And that's fine. I mean, I'm 33 and still all over the place.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:03 AM
Aristocracy

IMHO, I think the only thing that she really craves for is ... some authethic, solid respect. Since she has pretty much everything else and she grew up looking up to such people like P. Caroline, she wants to be respected a great deal. But I think, since she never had to fight for anything, she hardly knows our dramas and dilemmas. Basically, she had never struggled. That's why I think it will be sort of rough for her to taste some real taste of victory. That's why she's messing around like that.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:56 AM

^You mean she wants to be admired like Princess Caroline? But she does not know how to achieve that kind of admirability? Because she hasn't ever had to work her way up from the bottom up? She's always on the top of everything. Write an article? Oh, go write for one of Britain's biggest newspapers and have a byline shared with an established journalist. That her was first piece, where she started. I can see your point. Need a horse trainer? Here, train with this former Olympian! Work in publishing? Oh, you can be Editor-at-Large for this hot new eco-magazine! Not exactly entry level. She doesn't know what it is to be at the entry level.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:54 AM
Courtier

And that's only her fault.
Many many people with fortune and names like hers start at entry level because they know it's the only way to learn and not make a fool of oneself. If so many other rich and well connected kids have done it and she doesn't what's the reason?
They are more level headed? Their parents are more level headed and have showed them from an early age that the world won't fall at their feet just because they have money and a name?
Old 12-01-2010, 09:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
And that's only her fault.
Many many people with fortune and names like hers start at entry level because they know it's the only way to learn and not make a fool of oneself. If so many other rich and well connected kids have done it and she doesn't what's the reason?
They are more level headed? Their parents are more level headed and have showed them from an early age that the world won't fall at their feet just because they have money and a name?
I agree - one name some may recognize is Donald Trump. He had high expectations for his children. His children from his first marriage all went to college and grad school - none have been arrested or in rehab; the two older ones are married, and all work in the family business - but, he insisted that they start at the bottom, get an education, and work their way up. His daughter Ivanka also has a successful jewelry line on the side....so, it can be done.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Courtier

And the sad thing about Charlotte is that MAYBE she has the talent to go far. I mean, she got her "trčs bien" degree at the bac all by herself, in an exam where money or connections are totally worthless.

So, maybe she would had entered the ENS if she had tried once more.
Maybe she would be a great journalist if she bothered to be trained, and go to journalism school, and was willing to spend a couple of years at the bottom.
Maybe she has the talent and could be a great equestrian if she had the patience and the humility to ride horses and competitions that were right for her.
Nobody can be a master without having been previously an apprentice. It's common sense.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Royal Highness

You can't be great without having been at the bottom first, I agree. But that's why you see so many lazy (per choice) ''rich kids'' living on mummy and daddy or getting into the family bussiness.

Closed Thread