Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 35: November 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not turn this into a debate about the pro's and cons of smoking. I am sure there are plenty of other places where such a discussion can be held. This isn't one of them.

Zonk
Monaco Forums Moderator

I do think she's yawning! Nice and simple her outfit!

Because natural adult human teeth aren't bright?
Or maybe because she keeps them natural instead of going throught some ridiculous whitening process that would makes her teeth look freakishly bright?

With shiny white hollywood teeth Charlotte would look as absurd as if she suddenly acquired a set of round plastic boobs!

So much for individual freedom! Luckily Venice is in Europe.

My teeth are quite white and bright...and I have never done a thing to them beyond routine cleaning.

Sorry but soft grey is NOT a "natural" tooth color. I hate artificially whitened teeth, but they are no less attractive than grey teeth.

Both are nasty looking, especially on a young woman. :eek:

You are quite correct about "individual freedom". People are as free to nourish and care for their bodies as they are to deliberately destroy them.

Last edited:
I know I'm in the minority, but Alex seems like a really cool laid back guy, in a nice way.

They look like a great couple.

I totally agree with you. These pics are very cute (1 - 2), he's so in love with her! They are really nice together. :flowers:

^ I love those pics Lovelykate. Alex seems so proud of Charlotte, which is nice to see. I'm glad that she has supportive people around her (her mom, and of course her brothers included).

^They seem to be very close to each other, this family is full of love! Alex is very nice, I like that he loves Charlotte so much that he can't stop taking pics of her during her competitions. Love, love, loooove!!! :lol:

LovelyKate, your pictures are one in a million - great!!! ( i saw some in your flickr page)

Very important information!!
There is an interview of Charlotte, by Stephane Bern, in Madame le Figaro (published on june, 17st).
There are some extracts on PurePeople.com and here is my personal translation. All my apologizes for the mistakes! :flowers:
About horse-riding: always the same blabla about respect, etc. Nothing new. She talks about Tintero, her favourite horse.
About litterature and culture: "Even if I spend most of my time horse riding, books are still important for me and keep on accompaning me every day."
About her image of socialite, as she is seen in medias: "Even when you are lucky at the beginning, you can't stand there. You have to fight every day, to give the best of yourself and to help the other ones."

Purepeople says that Charlottes aims taking part to the Olympic Games of 2012. I hope this is a mistake, she's not ready at all! The interview was made by Stephane Bern, who is very close to the Grimaldi family. I consider this more as a "promotionnal" interview, but I'm always happy to read Charlotte's words!

EDITT: On Madame Figaro's cover, we can read; "Charlotte Casiraghi exclusive interview", followed by a quote from Charlotte's speech: "My mother is an exmple for me."

Last edited:
I'd like to read the interview...thanks ahead to anyone in the mood to translate it. :) I like Alex now than before. He seems like a very discrete boyfriend who doesn't aim to be known as Charlotte's chaperon in social events. He stays away from the lime light but so far no making faces at the paparazzi. He has his own world but supports her enough to be there for her in competitions. No nasty rumours about him, no photos of him with other girls...so hope they last. :D

I do not like Alex, like most of all us, BUT i say if Charlotte stays with him now 3 years, she should find good thinks on him!

What have you against Alex ?
Is he "not good enough" for Charlotte?

What have you against Alex ?
Is he "not good enough" for Charlotte?

I have nothing concrete against him, I simply do not like his style. I'm not the only one, many of us in TRF do not like him. But I repeat, we might be very wrong. It is just a feeling! unexplainable.

Same here, fandescas2003...I find him extremely unattractive physically(maybe he reminds me of someone in my past that I knew and loathed!) and a bit of a boor in his manners and dress.

I remember his first year in the Principality(2006?) he was at the Grand Prix sitting in the Princely Box making out with Charlotte. A friend of hers-I think it was Athina Onassis-entered and walked over to speak to Charlotte, Charlotte rose and it looked like she was introducing him. He remained seated with the most insolent look on his face.

Then there are the early photos of him eating at McDonald's with Charlotte, licking his fingers in public as he ate...yuck...and the sloppy unkempt appearance no matter where he is...the "I am so cool and rich and above it all I cannot be bothered" aura.

Before all the "Alex is great" posters line up to give me a verbal punch in the nose, please understand that these are MY opinions and observations based on nothing except my viewing of photos and videos..and my personal taste...which of course is highly subjective.

Put frankly...the guy gives me bad vibes.

Last edited:
I doubt you'll receive any punching here, Moonmaiden. :lol:Alex is not at all popular and these past few posts are uncharacteristically kind. Personally, I don't feel one way or the other about him. I mean there is really not enough to know. If we are going by pictures then Charlotte herself can be deemed insolent qith all the snobbish faces she makes. Apparently alot of people get "bad vibes" from him though. I don't know. We'll have to see. Quick question though: if Charlotte goes to the Olympics do they have all that amateur level stuuff? Forgive me if this is stupid I dont know much about equestrian sport. I guess I'm asking if she will just be competing against other countries at a set advanced level?

Last edited:
Stephane Bern is right now on the TV show "le Grand Journal" (the show which made Caroline said "je déclare ouvert le petit journal de Cannes") and Ali Baddou asks him if Charlène has a sister like Pippa then he answers no but there is a girl that he interviewed that week for Madame Figaro: Charlotte. and he is really sweet toward her. He said that she is execptional, beautiful and intelligent. :flowers:

Last edited:
Stephane Bern is right now on the TV show "le Grand Journal" (the show which made Caroline said "je déclare ouvert le petit journal de Cannes") and Ali Baddou asks him if Charlène has a sister like Pippa then he answers no but there is a girl that he interviewed that week for Madame Figaro: Charlotte. and he is really sweet toward her. He said that she is execptional, beautiful and intelligent. :flowers:

How funny it seems to compare Pippa Middleton and Charlotte Casiraghi in the same paragraph! :lol::bang:

Long post alert! And likely off topic. :D

I didn't like Alex at first but as the member above me says, he and Charlotte kind of share similar expressions sometimes. Early photos of him make people react negatively towards him. But lately I've seen that he and Charlotte have similar...i don't know how i should put it but perhaps 'aura' or 'vibe' would be the closest words i can think of.

People sometimes complain about the Casiraghis acting like private citizens and not as representatives of the Principality and I'm not surprised by the sort of reaction people also sometimes have for the boyfriend and girlfriends of the trio. The Casiraghis have always been in that strange position of pseudo-royals-- semi-private citizens from whom people expect too much because of their privileged upbringing, good looks and fascinating bloodline. Add to that the fact that they could well inherit Monaco someday since the heir is childless (yet) and it makes for an uncomfortable position of 'are we it or are we not it?' Meanwhile the Casiraghis have chosen people from their own very close-knit circle of intensely rich, intensely private friends and now these kids are also in the lime light. I simply don't think the bf and gfs, especially in the beginning, automatically know how to deal with public attention. At any given day, some of us probably look indolent without knowing it, or lick our fingers while eating in public (I'm talking about boys, lol) but luckily we don't have cameras waiting to shoot and capture such moments and people reading all sorts of things into your gestures and facial expressions.

At any rate, I like Beatrice most which I think is because she translates so well in photos, Alex next then Tatiana. But Alex is the one I'd like to have a conversation with, among the three. His interviews are cool, his interests are accessible but intellectual enough and I like what he's done with 20 Hoxton Square. In a way, I get what Charlotte sees in the guy. So can she do better? Probably. But she can do worse too.

Why worse ? They are both "commoners".

In Charlotte's case, her mother saw to that !

Mum would probably not object to the owner of a London art gallery.

Continuing with the off topic (lol): Alex, while not very good looking (at least with the parameters of beauty of today) seems to be a very interesting young man. I've read two interviews of him, and the guy know his subject! He is very interesting to talk to.
Maybe Charlotte was more captured for that rather than his looks.

I didn't like Alex at first but as the member above me says, he and Charlotte kind of share similar expressions sometimes. Early photos of him make people react negatively towards him. But lately I've seen that he and Charlotte have similar...i don't know how i should put it but perhaps 'aura' or 'vibe' would be the closest words i can think of.

People sometimes complain about the Casiraghis acting like private citizens and not as representatives of the Principality and I'm not surprised by the sort of reaction people also sometimes have for the boyfriend and girlfriends of the trio. The Casiraghis have always been in that strange position of pseudo-royals-- semi-private citizens from whom people expect too much because of their privileged upbringing, good looks and fascinating bloodline. Add to that the fact that they could well inherit Monaco someday since the heir is childless (yet) and it makes for an uncomfortable position of 'are we it or are we not it?' Meanwhile the Casiraghis have chosen people from their own very close-knit circle of intensely rich, intensely private friends and now these kids are also in the lime light. I simply don't think the bf and gfs, especially in the beginning, automatically know how to deal with public attention. At any given day, some of us probably look indolent without knowing it, or lick our fingers while eating in public (I'm talking about boys, lol) but luckily we don't have cameras waiting to shoot and capture such moments and people reading all sorts of things into your gestures and facial expressions.

At any rate, I like Beatrice most which I think is because she translates so well in photos, Alex next then Tatiana. But Alex is the one I'd like to have a conversation with, among the three. His interviews are cool, his interests are accessible but intellectual enough and I like what he's done with 20 Hoxton Square. In a way, I get what Charlotte sees in the guy. So can she do better? Probably. But she can do worse too.

What a thoughtful post...well written. I think of all that young C-3 group the ones who impress me most are Andreas and Tatiana...even though they might not be a "couple" anymore.

I will never forget seeing photos in PdVue a few years ago when the two of them visited the Philippines on behalf of AMADE...they were in a filthy slum playing with little children who didn't know who they were but seemed captivated by these wealthy, beautiful glamorous foreigners.

Tatiana was cuddling a sick Filipino infant in her arms and gazing at the baby with such a look of tenderness and sadness that it made me cry too.

On a purely physical level I like Pierre and Beatrice...they are the most perfectly matched(in my opinion) of all the Casi kids and their mates.

They might be horrible behind closed doors though...who knows!:lol:

As for Alex, one of the basic rules of GOOD MANNERS for any man rich or poor is that you GET UP OUT OF YOUR SEAT when you are being introduced to a lady...you don't just sit there looking snotty and bored....it was just annoying to watch. I cannot imagine Pierre or Andrea doing something like that.

It left a very bad taste ever since.

Last edited:

I really like your post Moby! I agree with what you said.
Your right Alex and Charlotte do share the same expressions and vibe.
But Charlotte was not always like this, pre-Alex she was much different. I think she kinda adopted his expressions and "vibe". This happens with couples sometimes. I prefer the pre-Alex Charlotte.:flowers:
I never read any of his interviews, but I believe you that he knows his stuff.
I never thought Alex stupid, just poor manners for someone with his backround, and the company he keeps.

Last edited:
Vanya Trubetskoy, you have hit the nail on the head. The pre-Charlotte Alex seemed much different indeed.

She radiated not only charm, but a certain freshness in all the photos and vidoes of her that I saw that predated his appearance in her life. She seems to have taken on his "persona" and it is decidely unflattering, imo.

If she gets more and more sucked into London's art world, then she will take on their ways of living, their values and behaviour.

Time to close this thread, the new one can be found here!​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom