The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 08:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Bouche d'Or View Post
She has such a poor, little, rich girl attitude.
Well that is pretty much what she is. No offense to her, or anyone in that position, but she is a wealthy girl from a wealthy family who haven't had to earn their keep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
^And she generally has the same look: a mixture of boredom and annoyance, or one or the other. Discomfort. Which doesn't seem to be a self-esteem problem so much as it seems more like discontentedness with her life. I suspect she wants something out of her life that she isn't feeling. Which might explain her lack of follow through. She hasn't found her "thing". Or niche. I don't think equestrian sport will ultimately be her "thing." That is just a hobby for her. An expensive, time-consuming hobby, but still a hobby for her. By "thing," I mean that thing she will find that will somehow..... define her? Not define her wholly, because no thing can define a person by itself. But define some major part of her: like, "this is what I am about." Like her mother and AMADE. Or Albert and environmental activism. Or Stephanie and AIDS. I thought EVER Manifesto might be her thing, but that website is deactivated so I don't know if they will make new editions. It might have been scrapped.
She is only 24 and even if she doesn't do a paid job in her life if she chooses one or even a few charities to dedicate herself to. I'll be very impressed.

She is very Grace. Sometimes Caroline occasionally Stefano but lately all I see is Grace.

Old 11-25-2010, 02:27 AM

Have you guys seen this picture of Charlotte? Charlotte Casiraghi photographed by Mario Testino in Vogue

Old 11-25-2010, 05:17 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzara View Post
Have you guys seen this picture of Charlotte? Charlotte Casiraghi photographed by Mario Testino in Vogue
She is really beautiful and she definitely has her mother's mouth !
Old 11-25-2010, 05:26 AM
Gentry

Hi people!...Does Char have a violet bracelet?...I think it´s the one that brings lucky...The Brazilian´s one...Can anybody ID it, please or corfirm what I am saying!...Thanks in advanced!
She is awesome in all the pics, however, I do not see a happy expresion in her fave...it´s just an opinion!...
Old 11-25-2010, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Actually it's not. Unless I missed the dress but that dress Charlotte is wearing is not part of Valli's Resort collection.

She looks awesome though. She could've picked better shoes though.

Oh I was sure it was Valli's, maybe just not from that collection then or I could be mistaken then. Sorry
Old 11-25-2010, 06:46 AM
Courtier

Charlotte Casiraghi attending a charity auction at Shelter's 52 Weeks exhibition at 20 Hoxton Square in east London.24.11.10
http://i55.tinypic.com/xcitjk.jpg
http://tinypic.com/r/906nih/7
Old 11-25-2010, 08:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

So serious in the first pic!
It's like she has lost that something that used to make her special in her teens. Now she is a very very pretty young lady, but before she was gorgeous.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:
all i can say is pure class . its like when you dont even know who she is then you look at those two pics you will be simply amazed by her beauty.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:35 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
^And she generally has the same look: a mixture of boredom and annoyance, or one or the other. Discomfort. Which doesn't seem to be a self-esteem problem so much as it seems more like discontentedness with her life. I suspect she wants something out of her life that she isn't feeling. Which might explain her lack of follow through. She hasn't found her "thing". Or niche. I don't think equestrian sport will ultimately be her "thing." That is just a hobby for her. An expensive, time-consuming hobby, but still a hobby for her. By "thing," I mean that thing she will find that will somehow..... define her? Not define her wholly, because no thing can define a person by itself. But define some major part of her: like, "this is what I am about." Like her mother and AMADE. Or Albert and environmental activism. Or Stephanie and AIDS. I thought EVER Manifesto might be her thing, but that website is deactivated so I don't know if they will make new editions. It might have been scrapped.
Good point, Ct. I', not so sure she'll find that thing that she'll be fully happy with. She's not the headstrong girl, and everyone already had classified her as a 'mommy's girl', 'superbwhole package'. She's like a trophy for a guy. She craves the attention, she was lucky her mom is Caroline. She provided her with a proper attention, so she doesn't have self-esteem problems, but to me she seems a little insecure, especially when she's around cheery, relaxed people. Then, she's the's giving off that 'geez, i'm so annoyed with this whole thing' attitude. I think it's her way to make up for the lack of real strenght of character.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:06 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
So serious in the first pic!
It's like she has lost that something that used to make her special in her teens. Now she is a very very pretty young lady, but before she was gorgeous.
Yes. i agree with you. She had something special in those years. I liked her till 2006. In 2007 and now she has changed a lot.
Though, she is still very nice!
Old 11-25-2010, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Lets get back on topic.

The purpose of this thread isn't to analyze Charlotte's personality, her character or whether or not she has any issues. Unless someone has read a psychology profile on Charlotte or has actually met her to come up with these impressions, everything else is pretty much speculative.

Future and all posts that don't relate to Charlotte's Current Events will be deleted without notice.

Zonk
Monaco Forums Moderator

Old 11-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Exageratedly photoshopped pic. I don't like it at all. That's not Charlotte's face.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florencia View Post
Charlotte Casiraghi attending a charity auction at Shelter's 52 Weeks exhibition at 20 Hoxton Square in east London.24.11.10
http://i55.tinypic.com/xcitjk.jpg
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Beautiful pictures, but she sort of lacks of " sparkle" if you know what I mean.
Old 11-25-2010, 03:53 PM
Courtier

^she looks a little sad. wonder why? maybe it just wasnt her "day"
Old 11-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
Exageratedly photoshopped pic. I don't like it at all. That's not Charlotte's face.
Agreed. They made-up and air-brushed the life (and real body) out of her, she looks like a mannequin. But what else could we expect from VOGUE?
Old 11-26-2010, 05:24 AM
Courtier

Actually they made her look worse than a real life mannequin! The computer face is bad enough, but in the pic where she is standing by the horse her head is bigger than her torso and her shoulders wider than her hips. So scary!
Old 11-26-2010, 06:27 AM
Serene Highness

Testino is not even that great of a photographer. More a fan of Mikael Jansson, Mert & Marcus and Inez & Vinoodh. Testino makes pretty and boring portraits. That's all.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:33 AM
Aristocracy

^ Testino's more known for being the man about town, he's been in the business for a long time and knows pretty much everyone. He likes to shoot big time, elitey people.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:48 PM
Courtier

So, if the close-up with the "biggest fake eyes a living human being ever had" is stupid and the pic byTintero with the "hand bigger than waist, american footballer shoulders and cutted off flesh from hip" is downright laughable, what do you people think of that one:

http://i36.tinypic.com/jv5cag.jpg

Look at the nose, please! They've gifted her with Giorgio Armani's surgical nose.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
Actually they made her look worse than a real life mannequin! The computer face is bad enough, but in the pic where she is standing by the horse her head is bigger than her torso and her shoulders wider than her hips. So scary!
I know!!! The pictures in Vogue were awful. They made her look like .... not herself at all. She was, like you say perfectly, a mannequin, a caricature of her real self.

It's true, Empress, that Mario Testino is not *that* great. I mean, sometimes he is great. Like his photos of Diana, Princess of Wales in 1997 were great; those were actually,surprisingly natural, for Testino pictures. But he is a fashion photographer too, and they're photos are often manufactured to death, until a person is barely recognizable. As in Charlotte's case.

But it makes sense that Vogue got a fashion phototog to do this because it was for Gucci. It was all for Gucci. Paid for and done by/for Gucci. And fashion houses always prefer mannequins to real people.