The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #461  
Old 04-05-2011, 11:37 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,457
True TrepStep but I feel like she is caught in the middle. She doesn't want to lead a public life but feels she has to get free publicity for Monaco. She is always clenching her fists and doesn't smile. Her personality totally changes when doing horse related activities. She looks so much more relaxed and happy. As for Andrea, he has mooned and grabbed his crotch for the paparazzi and I think he might have taken a swing at a photographer. Charlotte looks like a saint compared to him. I still like them all. They've done pretty good so far compared to some of the British Royals. I don't care how much money they have. I would rather have my freedom and privacy. I would go nuts.
__________________

  #462  
Old 04-06-2011, 09:35 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ..., United States
Posts: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
What I mean is, if you are an actor, a politician, an author, a sportsman you can say: I'll only answer questions about my work, nothing personal. But Charlotte has done nothing in life worth asking about (as 99'99 % of the world population, I'm not attacking her, she's just a normal girl).
I agree with everything you said, Trepstep, except this one. Charlotte is not a normal girl. At 23 a normal girl, as I am, as my friends are, knows what real life is. A normal girl works, and learn every day what real life is. A normal girl won't be interviewed but if she was, she would have a lot of thing to talk about.
As you said, Charlotte was just interviewed because she is a Grimaldi. She is very proud of her family: at Fenelon, she didn't talk to "common" people, because she considered herself as a far better one. I'm very sure of the one who told me that... And it wasn't because she wanted to keep her privacy: she didn't want to talk to them, that's all. There are a lot of things I know about her that disappointed me. Won't tell everything because it's not very interesting... But it seems that she is a spoiled child, very rude with people who don't belon to her social background.
I think she's a VERY beautiful young woman, that's why I'm here, and also because she's a Grimaldi. Even if she doesn't want to, she's only admired for this: her beauty, her family. She never did anything by herself - but she's very young, let's wait. (Even if at 23, lots of normal girls have already a job )

I conclude by saying that I don't want to criticise Charlotte, that's not my aim. I just wanted to share with you what I know about her, and I hope this won't lead to an argument.
__________________

  #463  
Old 04-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,499
People tend to cut Charlotte a lot of slack because she is beautiful and she is the daughter and grand daughter of two beloved Princesses...one who is a legend.

But I have never read or heard an interview or encounter with this young lady where she comes off as gracious(the exception was the one with her uncle Albert where he did most of the talking )

Can you imagine if one of the York princesses had told a journalist to "look it up on the Internet!"...or blown off a journalist with "yeah, yeah...it was great, okay?' or whatever it was she said? They would be crucified on this Forum and in the Press because they are not as pretty as Charlotte, and they have Fergie as their mother.

I am not saying Charlotte should get chatty and invite these "peasants" to tea! Far from it, she is right to keep her distance.

But how hard is it to smile and murmur something polite?

She is an immensely fortunate young woman. With the exception of losing her father when she was young she has led a charmed existence.

I don't think it would kill her to show a little graciousness and humility.

BTW LovelyKate..."Hello" magazine said the same thing about Charlotte as you did...that she is "rather uncomfortable with people outside of her Set". "Hello" gushes and fawns over Charlotte so the fact that they printed that says a lot!
  #464  
Old 04-06-2011, 11:47 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
People tend to cut Charlotte a lot of slack because she is beautiful and she is the daughter and grand daughter of two beloved Princesses...one who is a legend.

But I have never read or heard an interview or encounter with this young lady where she comes off as gracious(the exception was the one with her uncle Albert where he did most of the talking )

Can you imagine if one of the York princesses had told a journalist to "look it up on the Internet!"...or blown off a journalist with "yeah, yeah...it was great, okay?' or whatever it was she said? They would be crucified on this Forum and in the Press because they are not as pretty as Charlotte, and they have Fergie as their mother.

I am not saying Charlotte should get chatty and invite these "peasants" to tea! Far from it, she is right to keep her distance.

But how hard is it to smile and murmer something polite?

She is an immensely fortunate young woman. With the exception of losing her father when she was young she has led a charmed existence.

I don't think it would kill her to show a little graciousness and humility.

BTW LovelyKate..."Hello" magazine said the same thing about Charlotte as you did...that she is "rather uncomfortable with people outside of her Set". "Hello" gushes and fawns over Charlotte so the fact that they printed that says a lot!
I do not think she was unpolite. I saw the video, she was pursued at the street by the journalist, and she said "please it is enough now" or something similar. she was asked about the show and she replied in french "it was magnificent" neither yeaah, nor OK.
Why it is unpolite?
As regards the question for Alex, it was an effort to cut the question. Of course the journalist knew the name of her boyfriend, he asked it in order to turn the interview on a personnal field. She did not want to reply and she cut him. She is not allowed to have her personnal life for her?
As regards the York Princesses they are members of the BRF, and they live from this. They receive money from the British people and they have to be polite with them.
  #465  
Old 04-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Empress Merel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
I agree with everything you said, Trepstep, except this one. Charlotte is not a normal girl. At 23 a normal girl, as I am, as my friends are, knows what real life is. A normal girl works, and learn every day what real life is. A normal girl won't be interviewed but if she was, she would have a lot of thing to talk about.
As you said, Charlotte was just interviewed because she is a Grimaldi. She is very proud of her family: at Fenelon, she didn't talk to "common" people, because she considered herself as a far better one. I'm very sure of the one who told me that... And it wasn't because she wanted to keep her privacy: she didn't want to talk to them, that's all. There are a lot of things I know about her that disappointed me. Won't tell everything because it's not very interesting... But it seems that she is a spoiled child, very rude with people who don't belon to her social background.
I think she's a VERY beautiful young woman, that's why I'm here, and also because she's a Grimaldi. Even if she doesn't want to, she's only admired for this: her beauty, her family. She never did anything by herself - but she's very young, let's wait. (Even if at 23, lots of normal girls have already a job )

I conclude by saying that I don't want to criticise Charlotte, that's not my aim. I just wanted to share with you what I know about her, and I hope this won't lead to an argument.
That's a shame to hear. However, the same can be said for her friends. Let's not get me started on Eugenie Niarchos who's probably only main goal in life is to be a trendy
  #466  
Old 04-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ..., United States
Posts: 608
^ Don't forget that Eugenie is officially presented as a "jewell designer", because of her past work for Repossi!! And she refuses to be considered as a socialate... Too much hypocrisy!!
  #467  
Old 04-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,499
You can tell a lot about people by the types of friends they have.

And I have to agree...Eugenie Niarchos and the Dellal crew don't raise my hopes about Charlotte.

As for Andrea...it breaks my heart to read that he behaved with such vulgarity...I had NEVER heard that story before and I can't picture him doing that!

A very well respected society writer in New York wrote a few years ago that Caroline's children were "obnoxious jet-setters" and I couldn't understand why she would say such a thing...obviously she knew things I did not.

But I have to also say this...when the Casiraghi kids are required to carry out public duties they are magnificent, and a great asset to Monaco.

I suppose they feel they don't owe anyone more than that, which is fine I guess.
  #468  
Old 04-06-2011, 12:27 PM
Empress Merel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,656
You know, the Dellals don't even seem to be bad. Charlotte has a very succesful shoe company (everyone that matters has worn her shoes at one point) and Alex owns a gallery. Alice is a ''model.'' Make of it what you will.

Eugenie is just so laughable to me. Girl was only announced as a jewel designer to get the brand more into publicity. The real designers (you know, the ones who actually studied to become some sort of designer) did the work. Socialite remains socialite and I doubt ayone will ever see her as something more or less.

As for Charlotte, she's nothing more than a socialite with some very great background. When it comes to riding? That only costs money, with the results in the league she's been jumping in, you're not going to become rich.

My adivce: Go home and get you're priorities straight.
  #469  
Old 04-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,457
I think she doesn't talk to people because she is shy and has been raised to be wary of people she doesn't know. There are also security issues. There was a young starlet killed many years ago in LA by someone she sent a ThankYou letter to. We know there is a crazy person on YouTube who is obsessed with the Grimaldi family. The Casiraghis also had a kidnapping threat a few years ago.There are many problems celebrities have that "normal" people never consider. I have seen 2 statements by teachers of Charlotte and Andrea's at San Remy and they both said they were nice kids. The fact that they went to public schools most of their lifes says alot to me. As for not working, they have been working since birth. They are on display 24/7. I say we really don't know what they are like. You can't determine what someone's like meeting them for 2 seconds.
  #470  
Old 04-06-2011, 01:17 PM
titiromi's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris & Salon-De-Provence, France
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
What is "ouais"....a colloquialism for "yes?"
Yes it is
__________________
je suis Charlie

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire


My blog about Pauline
My channel about the Monaco princely family
  #471  
Old 04-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Nathalie Cox's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: in a corner of ..., Argentina
Posts: 2,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
True TrepStep but I feel like she is caught in the middle. She doesn't want to lead a public life but feels she has to get free publicity for Monaco. She is always clenching her fists and doesn't smile. Her personality totally changes when doing horse related activities. She looks so much more relaxed and happy. As for Andrea, he has mooned and grabbed his crotch for the paparazzi and I think he might have taken a swing at a photographer. Charlotte looks like a saint compared to him. I still like them all. They've done pretty good so far compared to some of the British Royals. I don't care how much money they have. I would rather have my freedom and privacy. I would go nuts.
When did that happen? :(
(sorry, maybe it's a little bit off topic because this thread is for Charlotte, not Andrea)
__________________
* * The eyes are the mirror of the soul* *
The Impossible is what the mind can not imagine ...
  #472  
Old 04-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: columbia, United States
Posts: 559
Hate to break it to you, but going to public schools doesn't make them better people. If anything it says more about Caroline than her children. I have to say I agree that Charlotte seems like a bit of a snob, and recent reports have led me to believe the same about Pierre. For the longest I've been trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, thinking her shy, reserved, possibly insecure, but then I thought about her friends (not the Dellals who actually seem to be well-grounded, the Niarchos and even Tatiana's folks) and the Stella McCartney show, as well as the interview she gave to American Vanity Fair (or Vogue? I can't remember).

The thing that annoys me is that she has nothing to be arrogant about. Everything that's interesting about her is inherited. Her mother, her grandmother, her wealth. It's nothing she's actually done. I could understand if she was striving to make a name for herself, and I guess she is with this show jumping, but she's nowhere near the level of talent to be prideful about anything.
  #473  
Old 04-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ..., United States
Posts: 608
^Pierre is a snob, too? I didn't know that. Can you explain this, please? :flower:
  #474  
Old 04-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Kastalia's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: -, Cyprus
Posts: 397
I agree with most of you on everything but I don't think she's shy.Shy people don't expose themselves at Vogue US.She doesn't have enough confidence to answer some questions but still need the press that why her ''interviews'' have just photos and some quotes.She gets the promotion and they sell out.Fair enough.If she was at Zara's or Valentine's (Pozzo di Borgo) level or if she had entered the very prestigious ENS she would probably talk more about herself.She'll probably never reach a really high level at horse riding and she never corrected anyone who wrote that she's a Sorbonne grad.Surprisingly though she sued Bunte for calling her party girl.Very convenient,huh?The 2000-2006 era was a real madness,press was following them everywhere but it seems that people are losing part of their interest in them.If she actually avoided ordinary students at Fenelon her failure must gave have been a slap for her.
__________________

  #475  
Old 04-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
I think she doesn't talk to people because she is shy and has been raised to be wary of people she doesn't know. There are also security issues. There was a young starlet killed many years ago in LA by someone she sent a ThankYou letter to. We know there is a crazy person on YouTube who is obsessed with the Grimaldi family. The Casiraghis also had a kidnapping threat a few years ago.There are many problems celebrities have that "normal" people never consider. I have seen 2 statements by teachers of Charlotte and Andrea's at San Remy and they both said they were nice kids. The fact that they went to public schools most of their lifes says alot to me. As for not working, they have been working since birth. They are on display 24/7. I say we really don't know what they are like. You can't determine what someone's like meeting them for 2 seconds.

I remember about the young starlet murdered by a "fan" who stalked her. Too, too sad.

I did not know about some wacko on Youtube, however! I wonder is that why Charlotte has a bodyguard?

Andrea and Pierre don't have one, I think.
  #476  
Old 04-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Vera Friedel's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Roma, Italy
Posts: 212
I don't blame Charlotte for being a " snob".......she basically lives in another world, far, far away from " normal" people. At 23, I had been working for already 5 years, and so many of my friends. Normal people have to earn their own living, be careful about spending, can't go on holiday whenever they want.........so I can see why she is uncomfortable outside the circle of her wealthy pals. It is normal. I could never expect someone like Charlotte being all nice and friendly with everyone.
Differences among social classes exist, and it would be too hypocritical to deny that.
Charlotte and her siblings are on top of the social ladder and I don't know why they should come across as " nice and friendly" to everyone............
They have been raised and they lead a life that is different from 99% of people.........so at each its own.
  #477  
Old 04-06-2011, 11:59 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ......, Argentina
Posts: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vera Friedel View Post
I don't blame Charlotte for being a " snob".......she basically lives in another world, far, far away from " normal" people. At 23, I had been working for already 5 years, and so many of my friends. Normal people have to earn their own living, be careful about spending, can't go on holiday whenever they want.........so I can see why she is uncomfortable outside the circle of her wealthy pals. It is normal. I could never expect someone like Charlotte being all nice and friendly with everyone.
Differences among social classes exist, and it would be too hypocritical to deny that.
Charlotte and her siblings are on top of the social ladder and I don't know why they should come across as " nice and friendly" to everyone............
They have been raised and they lead a life that is different from 99% of people.........so at each its own.

I don´t think that being rich is an excuse for being unpolite, if that´s what you mean. P Grace is an example that you can be the most beautiful woman in your time and still be humble. I never read a comment about her being arrogant or snob. I did read comments like that about Caroline, though. So, basically that comes with your temperament.
  #478  
Old 04-07-2011, 01:42 AM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vera Friedel View Post
I don't blame Charlotte for being a " snob".......she basically lives in another world, far, far away from " normal" people. At 23, I had been working for already 5 years, and so many of my friends. Normal people have to earn their own living, be careful about spending, can't go on holiday whenever they want.........so I can see why she is uncomfortable outside the circle of her wealthy pals. It is normal. I could never expect someone like Charlotte being all nice and friendly with everyone.
Differences among social classes exist, and it would be too hypocritical to deny that.
Charlotte and her siblings are on top of the social ladder and I don't know why they should come across as " nice and friendly" to everyone............
They have been raised and they lead a life that is different from 99% of people.........so at each its own.
I think I have to disagree. The late Diana Princess of Wales was born into one of the grandest families in Europe. She was descended from the Dukes of Marlborough and had ties to most of England's other great families as well.

But despite her many character flaws she was able to always reach people no matter what walk of life they were from. If anyone could have grown up as a snob it was Diana...born to wealth, privilege and beauty.

But she was no snob, and there are many other examples like her throughout history.

No one expects Charlotte necessarily to cultivate close friendships with people she has nothing in common with...why should she?

But in my opinion, the ability to maintain a sense of humility and grace and kindness to others of all walks of life is what makes a person a TRUE noble. It's a matter of character.

Charlotte and her siblings are young wealthy, healthy and beautiful...for now. They will not be that way forever, which makes them just the same ultimately as every other man, woman and child on the planet.

Only a fool believes they are "better" than another person based on something as ephemeral as wealth, beauty and status.
  #479  
Old 04-07-2011, 02:02 AM
Vanya Trubetskoy's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Evanston, United States
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I think I have to disagree. The late Diana Princess of Wales was born into one of the grandest families in Europe. She was descended from the Dukes of Marlborough and had ties to most of England's other great families as well.

But despite her many character flaws she was able to always reach people no matter what walk of life they were from. If anyone could have grown up as a snob it was Diana...born to wealth, privilege and beauty.

But she was no snob, and there are many other examples like her throughout history.

No one expects Charlotte necessarily to cultivate close friendships with people she has nothing in common with...why should she?

But in my opinion, the ability to maintain a sense of humility and grace and kindness to others of all walks of life is what makes a person a TRUE noble. It's a matter of character.

Charlotte and her siblings are young wealthy, healthy and beautiful...for now. They will not be that way forever, which makes them just the same ultimately as every other man, woman and child on the planet.

Only a fool believes they are "better" than another person based on something as ephemeral as wealth, beauty and status.
I agree. One doesn't get any sense of "Noblesse Oblige" from Charlotte, the way we did from Diana.
Don't get me wrong, i don't expect Charlotte to be the "next Diana", Diana was one of a kind.
But with her upbringing and backround, and the country she represents I do expect her to be polite in interviews, and at social events.
Being polite and cordial with people from all walks of life is a mark of true class.
But I feel like I'm missing something...did something happen at a Stella Mc. event? Not when she was walking to her car, but another time?
  #480  
Old 04-07-2011, 02:20 AM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,413
I have been reading all of your recent posts on the question of Charlotte (shy? rude? arrogant? deluded? socialite? blah blah blah) and it is all so fascinating and I don't even know where to begin, I have so many thoughts about it. But I am so fascinated by YOUR ideas about it. I really would LOVE to hear from you guys more directly. I know we can't solicit emails or whatever. That's not what I mean. I just want to say that if anyone has more to say on this topic, you will always find me eager to read your thoughts on it, via message or whatever. I'm currently publishing a FREE magazine about royalty and I am definitely doing OpEds and varying views about Charlotte's media image (good? bad? a little of both? whatever) would be most welcome. Thanks again for your thoughts.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pavlos and Marie-Chantal and Family current events 7: November 2010 - May 2016 iceflower Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family 501 05-23-2016 04:11 AM
Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik, Current Events 3: August 2010 - January 2013 iceflower Current Events Archive 485 01-24-2013 05:02 PM
King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, Current Events Part 20: March 2010 - May 2011 Her_Majesty Current Events Archive 493 05-04-2011 03:48 AM
Catherine Middleton Current Events 1: November 2010-April 29, 2011 Warren Current Events Archive 451 04-28-2011 08:00 PM
Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 53: May 2010 - February 2011 dazzling Current Events Archive 492 02-12-2011 05:40 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece infanta elena style kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel 2015 nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles prince philip princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess tatiana queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima gowns queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark stockholm succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:25 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises