The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanya Trubetskoy View Post
In the Vogue interview she was asked about Alex, she said something like "you can look him up on the internet." If you ask me she came across rather surly.
Anyway, the blog Pomeline.Skyrock has the interview. You have to go back a few months. It's in french, but you can use google translate.
The remark sort of came off as surly to me as well, but maybe it is a privacy issue which is perfectly understandable.

He never discusses her in interviews, either.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Serene Highness

My guess is that they had a previous agreement to only talk about horses and the journalist broke the agreement. That's when Charlotte made her reply and ended the interview. She was sending a message that she won't be manipulated by the press.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:57 PM
Courtier

NEW PICS!!!!

Charlotte at Nice airport today!!

the Fashion Spot - View Single Post - Charlotte Casiraghi

Thanks to RoseMary from the Fashion Spot.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:11 PM
Serene Highness

I love this hair color on her!
Old 03-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Courtier

She's very beautiful on these pics! I'm sure she wore this jacket + the scarf at a horse competition last year. I remember having seen her in this jacket with Athina. But I don't have time to look for the pic...
She seems to wear some make-up, don't you think so?
I really wonder in which country she has been... Maybe in England to give some precious fashion advice to Kate for the wedding?
Old 03-29-2011, 04:49 PM
Royal Highness

Then Charlotte should just send in Karl immediately for the rescue. Kaiser Karl will know what to do.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:57 PM
Courtier

Maybe Karl doesn't know what to do with her.................. She's really lovely, I'm not very nice with her: shame on me!!
Old 03-30-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
She's very beautiful on these pics! I'm sure she wore this jacket + the scarf at a horse competition last year. I remember having seen her in this jacket with Athina. But I don't have time to look for the pic...
She seems to wear some make-up, don't you think so?
I really wonder in which country she has been... Maybe in England to give some precious fashion advice to Kate for the wedding?
HI Lovelykate I think this is the picture
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Old 04-02-2011, 07:09 PM
Courtier

^That's exactly the picture I was talking about, thank you very much so88!! It's seems that's the same colour, but not the same shape. So it's not the same jacket! Charlotte must have entire ROOMS full of clothes!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
My guess is that they had a previous agreement to only talk about horses and the journalist broke the agreement. That's when Charlotte made her reply and ended the interview. She was sending a message that she won't be manipulated by the press.
I understand that Charlotte knows better than to let herself be manipulated by the press. It's a very wise positioning in my opinion, but now that she's more grown I think she could say a few nice words once in a while because she kind of comes across as being rude and arrogant sometimes.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:07 AM
Courtier

I totally agree with you Palomasie. I will add that according to me, Charlotte loves interest, we saw it in some pictures, or videos. There is one exemple that I want to talk about. It's a video of Charlotte in Ibiza with Alex and friends (Dellals, I think).
Old 04-05-2011, 06:16 AM
Courtier

Oh my God, my post is not complete!
I just said that in this video, at 1.34, Charlotte stared at paparazzis, touching her hair in a very unnatural way. She seemed to enjoy being filmed: she could have turned her head, but didn't. That's why I agree with Palomasie: she could say a few nice words, as you say, because she's not totally a victim of medias. I even think that she loves being the center of interest. So, after having watched this video, having seen some pictures of her, I think that she has to stop behaving like this (remember her when she left Stella Mc Cartney fashion show). As far as I'm concenred, I think that she's a bit ridiculous when she acts like this. She can't pose for paparazzis and then complaining. Even if I think that it must be difficult to be followed by paparazzis all the time. But I still consider that there are more difficult ways of living than this one.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Serene Highness

People misinterpreted the Stella McCartney thing from her tone of voice. She was actually very nice. She said," Please, do you want to ask me a question? The cameraman said," A word. What did you think?" and she replied "It's great!." I couldn't understand her bodyguard, but the first thing he said was "please". The bodyguard told her, in English," keep moving", and she replied, "allright". I know she will make mistakes because she hasn't talked to the press much, but we also don't know what she has been instructed to do by her mother. I think it's fair to say that PC hates the press.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
People misinterpreted the Stella McCartney thing from her tone of voice. She was actually very nice. She said," Please, do you want to ask me a question? The cameraman said," A word. What did you think?" and she replied "It's great!." I couldn't understand her bodyguard, but the first thing he said was "please". The bodyguard told her, in English," keep moving", and she replied, "allright". I know she will make mistakes because she hasn't talked to the press much, but we also don't know what she has been instructed to do by her mother. I think it's fair to say that PC hates the press.
Really??? She wasn't nice at all, I like her but the bodyguard said "s'il vous plaît ça suffit" ( Please stop it ) and then she said "ouais ouais, c'est bon, ça suffit". Then the man asked her " Un petit mot sur le défilé", and she answered as if it was a so big deal " C'était magnifique voilà" "C'était beau hein?"

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire

My blog about Pauline
My channel about the Monaco princely family
Old 04-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Serene Highness

I think she handles being photographed (preferably from afar, it seems) to being approached and asked to comment. Being part of a planned interview (like the recent Global Champions Tour interview w/Prince Albert) seems easier - more w/in her control; on the street, being run down by the media when you're not sure what they're going to ask must be nerve-wracking....
Old 04-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by titiromi View Post
Really??? She wasn't nice at all, I like her but the bodyguard said "s'il vous plaît ça suffit" ( Please stop it ) and then she said "ouais ouais, c'est bon, ça suffit". Then the man asked her " Un petit mot sur le défilé", and she answered as if it was a so big deal " C'était magnifique voilà" "C'était beau hein?"

What is "ouais"....a colloquialism for "yes?"
Old 04-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Serene Highness

Titirromi if you are French I will defer to your interpretation but it didn't sound like that at all to me. It is difficult to understand. Usually she ignores people who try to interview her so I would be surprised if she stopped to insult someone on tv. She's been pretty smart in dealing with the press so far.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Are you sure we're talking about the same video? In the video I'm talking about - at Stella Mc Cartney fashion show - she was very rude, it wasn't very nice from her to talk to people as if there were dogs... I would NEVER accept that someone use the same tone with me, everyone deserves some respect! And even more when you take part to a public event. She's beautiful, her family is so glamourous, but we have to recognize that at some moments, she is very hypocrite with medias: complaining or posing, she has to chose!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Majesty

I could be wrong, but I have been getting "rude vibes" from little Miss Charlotte for a few years now.

It's perfectly understandable to be shy/tired/impatient...but she ALWAYS seems to be that way when she is outside her rather rarified social circle.

The most gracious of the Casiraghi kids appears to be Andrea, from what I have seen and read.

Oh, well...it humanizes Charlotte in a way. Just because she is perfect on the outside does not mean she has to be that way on the inside as well.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Courtier

I agree with those who said she was very rude at the Stella Mcartney show.
Her "c'était magnifique, voilà" was disdainful and disparaging. She didn't utter the words but her tone implied clearly a "ok, I threw you a bone, now shut the **** up and leave me alone, you stupid".

I can perfectly understand how having paparazzi hunting you in your personal life must be tiring and why she seems upset when they are chasing her around when she is having lunch or shopping with friends.

But on that occasion she was a public event, sitting front row, as a public personality, and the people asking her about the show weren't exactly paparazzi. The press is invited and welcome at such events. The least she could do is stop, smile and say something gracious about the public show she had been invited. She sounded really stupid.

On the other hand, she didn't seem so rude to me in the Vogue interview. I read it simply as a "no need to tell you the name of my boyfriends. My live is so public that sadly you can find everything on google" Also, the journalist didn't say how she said it, was she annoyed, smiling? That same sentence can be rude or cute depentind on how it was uttered.

And even if she was rude, as FanofMonaco said, she probably had an agreement not to talk about her private life and the jounralist broke it, but the truth is that these interviews she's been giving away are kind of tricky.
She is obviously doing it because they are part of the Gucci deal and she is probably obliged by her contract, but at the same time it is weird because people who accept to do interviews under the condition that there should be no questions about their personal life usually are people who have acheived something in life and so the journalist has something to ask about.

What I mean is, if you are an actor, a politician, an author, a sportsman you can say: I'll only answer questions about my work, nothing personal. But Charlotte has done nothing in life worth asking about (as 99'99 % of the world population, I'm not attacking her, she's just a normal girl).
All the questions a journalist can ask her will be lame an uninteresting. How were your school years? what do you like to do in your free time? did you learn many things from your family? how much do you enjoy your show-jumping hobby?
Her answers wouldn't have any interests whatsoever if it weren't because of who her family is. We are not interested in her achievements because they are nothing out of the ordinary, and the only reason she is interviewed is because people are curious about her personal stuff from her.

Closed Thread