The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 07:03 AM
Courtier
TRF Author

You hit the nail on the head, Moonmaiden23, although I am not sure I agree with you that her apparent sadness began with the arrival in her life of Alex and his crowd. To me, the essential difference between Charlotte and her mother is that Caroline always had spark, radiance and charisma, all qualities lacking in Charlotte. If there are scientists who measure beauty, it may be that Charlotte is the more beautiful, but I think human beings react to other human beings' attraction in a more holistic fashion, a certain warmth of energy forming a strong magnet. Charlotte, for whatever reason, does not radiate energy. The plus side is that she may convey more mystery. Unfortunately, I would tend to agree with you that she seems more jaded than mysterious.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:08 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals View Post
You hit the nail on the head, Moonmaiden23, although I am not sure I agree with you that her apparent sadness began with the arrival in her life of Alex and his crowd. To me, the essential difference between Charlotte and her mother is that Caroline always had spark, radiance and charisma, all qualities lacking in Charlotte. If there are scientists who measure beauty, it may be that Charlotte is the more beautiful, but I think human beings react to other human beings' attraction in a more holistic fashion, a certain warmth of energy forming a strong magnet. Charlotte, for whatever reason, does not radiate energy. The plus side is that she may convey more mystery. Unfortunately, I would tend to agree with you that she seems more jaded than mysterious.
We have no idea what she is like, or how warm she is, or how charismatic. We know nothing because beyond the odd interview (what 2?) and some photos we know nothing about her. Her mother was a public figure her entire life. People knew, or at least thought they knew her personality. Charlotte is little more than a photographic model. I don't know what you are supposed to tell about people from pictures.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:10 AM
Majesty

I don't think she necessarily appears sad...quite the opposite in fact. And it is true that one cannot tell someone's true nature from their photos.

But we can tell something about a person's character and personality from the company they keep and the type of activities they seem drawn to.

For example, at only age 21 Princess Caroline was the UN spokesperson for the Year Of The Child and I read somewhere that she had a hotline for young people in crisis in the Principality.

Other than fashion shows, parties, holidays and her horses I don't get a sense that Charlotte cares much about anything important, that is what I meant by "jaded".

And it's also why I got a chuckle out of the recent People Magazine article where someone was quoted as saying Charlotte "doesn't want to be a socialite".

Because when you think about it, that is EXACTLY what she is.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I don't think she necessarily appears sad...quite the opposite in fact. And it is true that one cannot tell someone's true nature from their photos.

But we can tell something about a person's character and personality from the company they keep and the type of activities they seem drawn to.

For example, at only age 21 Princess Caroline was the UN spokesperson for the Year Of The Child and I read somewhere that she had a hotline for young people in crisis in the Principality.

Other than fashion shows, parties, holidays and her horses I don't get a sense that Charlotte cares much about anything important, that is what a meant by "jaded".

And it's also why I got a chuckle out of the recent People Magazine article where someone was quoted as saying Charlotte "doesn't want to be a socialite".

Because when you think about it, that is EXACTLY what she is.
Moonmaiden, there are so many things of Charlotte and her brothers what we don't know or that isn't in the press, for example, in an interview with Marie-Claude Beaud, Director of The New National Museum of Monaco, she told that Charlotte was working with the project « On M. residency » (source: Marie-Claude Beaud, ou le musée en mouvement) or in the magazine "Vanity Fair" (I don't remember the month, but I do remember that in the cover was Grace Kelly),the article said that Charlotte has created a philosophy centre in Monaco.

But I do agree with iloveroyals that Caroline always had and has spark, but Charlotte not.

Sorry by my English, I hope you understand.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:20 PM
Majesty

rerehh..you are right...I DIDN'T know that about Charlotte. That is very impressive indeed, thanks for sharing it.

Your English is perfect, by the way!
Old 03-15-2011, 06:13 PM
Aristocracy

Caroline always seemed to me a very passionate woman, full of life,stubborn and restless, she gives off determination and grit, whereas her daughter, like you said, lacks to a certain extent of the very same qualities, at least from what we can see on pics.body language and everything.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:41 AM
Aristocracy

I agree with the above postings.
IMHO Pre Alex Charlotte did have that spark, she was a little more relaxed, spunky!
Charlotte and Caroline are very close, I miss the photos of them together. The tender mother/daughter.
I don't hate Alex......But one can only wonder if this a healthy relationship.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
We have no idea what she is like, or how warm she is, or how charismatic. We know nothing because beyond the odd interview (what 2?) and some photos we know nothing about her. Her mother was a public figure her entire life. People knew, or at least thought they knew her personality. Charlotte is little more than a photographic model. I don't know what you are supposed to tell about people from pictures.

Very true indeed. She seems quite a different person when away fron the press and with her family, laughing and enjoying their company, playing in an animated way with her sister. When she is on public display she is has a more serious demeanor, as her father did when he was on display in the public's eye, critical eye.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Courtier

Charlotte arriving at Nice Airport. I love her sweater!
Image Upper.com - View Gallery Photos
olycom
Old 03-25-2011, 11:35 AM
Commoner

nice finding sugarbaby318 . :-)

I wonder what magz she bought. Hola maybe?
Old 03-25-2011, 12:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Nice pics. I wonder where she is going now.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Courtier

^ I think fanofmonaco said she might be participating in a jumping competition this weekend.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejoelmadden View Post
nice finding sugarbaby318 . :-)

I wonder what magz she bought. Hola maybe?

Or maybe french magazines like Point de vue, Paris Match or VSD. I wonder hoe she feels when she's confronted with most of the crappy things, magazines tell about her and her family...
Old 03-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Courtier

I love her boots. Must. Have. Them. Can someone please ID? I would so appreciate it...
Old 03-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
Or maybe french magazines like Point de vue, Paris Match or VSD. I wonder hoe she feels when she's confronted with most of the crappy things, magazines tell about her and her family...
Well, she SUED Point de Vue in 2006 for publishing photos of her on vacation with her then new boyfriend Alex Dellal. So that should give you some idea.

But I saw a photo once of her, and she was reading Point de Vue and kind of smiling. So who knows with Charlotte?
Old 03-25-2011, 01:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe she likes to laugh or smile at thing paparazzi write about her or her family? That would be a good, uh, therapy for her.
Oh, and thanks sugarbaby for the response!
Old 03-25-2011, 06:56 PM
Courtier

Many pics showed Charlotte with "Gala", which doesn't contain many pictures taken by paparazzis. I saw pics of Charlotte with "voici", and I was a bit disappointed!! I don't read it, it's full of rumors, I don't like this kind of press, and I didn't imagine before seeing this picture that Charlotte could have read it!!
Old 03-25-2011, 07:08 PM
Serene Highness

Lovely outfit! I love her boots and sweater..and the jeans!
Old 03-26-2011, 07:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbaby318 View Post
Charlotte arriving at Nice Airport. I love her sweater!
Image Upper.com - View Gallery Photos
olycom

Gucci Luggage??
Old 03-26-2011, 12:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate

Gucci Luggage??
I believe you are correct!

Closed Thread