The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Charlotte is the one on the right, yes. We really deserve better pics, don't we?
That guessing game can get demanding

Old 03-10-2011, 11:37 AM
Aristocracy

Very sunny day in Paris !
I hope that we'll get better pics soon.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Aristocracy

These pictures are quite stingy. Hope we get better ones!
Old 03-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Aristocracy

Does anyone know if the Grimaldis, and the Casi trio, are invited for William and Kate's wedding?
Old 03-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Serene Highness

Maybe only Albert and Charlene will go there, like in the swedish wedding.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:19 AM
Aristocracy

Oh! I was kind of hoping I'd see Caro
Old 03-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by palomasie View Post
Oh! I was kind of hoping I'd see Caro

Oh, i think it will hardly happen Palomaise. First of all, P. Caroline is not an official representative figure of the principality ( at least, not anymore, now that Ms. Wittstock is H.S.H.'s fiancée ); second, she's separated from her husband, wich leaves her in a very difficult position where diplomatic arrangements and official events are concerned. Finally, as to the Casiraghi Trio... why should they be invited? They have no official duties in the principality, they are just second row figures ( remember they're Casiraghi, not Grimaldi ), and last, but not least, they're not anyway related to the bride and groom. So i guess, we'll have to content ourselves with Ms. Wittstock's attendance...
Old 03-13-2011, 03:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
Oh, i think it will hardly happen Palomaise. First of all, P. Caroline is not an official representative figure of the principality ( at least, not anymore, now that Ms. Wittstock is H.S.H.'s fiancée ); second, she's separated from her husband, wich leaves her in a very difficult position where diplomatic arrangements and official events are concerned. Finally, as to the Casiraghi Trio... why should they be invited? They have no official duties in the principality, they are just second row figures ( remember they're Casiraghi, not Grimaldi ), and last, but not least, they're not anyway related to the bride and groom. So i guess, we'll have to content ourselves with Ms. Wittstock's attendance...
Indeed, you're right. But I thought we might see Charlotte. I mean, Alex's father, if I'm not mistaken, is said to have connections with the British royal family. So I thought we'd see her there, perhaps. But I think you're right. We'll have to be content with Charlene.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Royal Highness

I can't wait for Albert and Charlene's wedding. I'm sure both Caroline and Charlotte will wear something Chanel or Valentino or whatever designer house they choose. The British wedding will be much more tame. I mean, it's Glamour vs. Proprierty. Which to pick?
Old 03-13-2011, 04:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
I can't wait for Albert and Charlene's wedding. I'm sure both Caroline and Charlotte will wear something Chanel or Valentino or whatever designer house they choose. The British wedding will be much more tame. I mean, it's Glamour vs. Proprierty. Which to pick?
I have the feeling they'll go with the latter. Btw, does anyone know whom Kate's getting the dress from? It was said it'd be Westwood but she denied that.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:42 PM
Aristocracy

If I could choose a prince to marry , between William and Albert, I would definitely pick Albert.
Monaco is glamour,fashion,the sun of French riviera............ it appeals me so much more than the dull British monarchy!
Old 03-13-2011, 06:43 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vera Friedel View Post
If I could choose a prince to marry , between William and Albert, I would definitely pick Albert.
Monaco is glamour,fashion,the sun of French riviera............ it appeals me so much more than the dull British monarchy!

Vera, I agree, in Monaco you have more room to misbehave. With your sisters-in-law paving the way, the public is most likely to tolerate pics of you dancing the night away or dressing sexily. In England, the media will crucify you immediately. And the Monegasques can be depended on to defend you regardless of your antics (in Monaco, at least).

Albert also is wealthier than the Queen herself. The Grimaldis can spend their wealth without the public being too critical of their lifestyle because of their tax-free status vs in England where the Royal Family's spending habits and lifestyle are always seen in the light of the political and economic climate.

And also, with Albert, I think you are more likely to have more good-looking kids. Beauty is all relative, but I think I'm not alone in saying that the Grimaldis are perhaps the most good-looking royal family.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Oh dear Vera, but the man aged so ungracefully, the man grew so bold ( ok, P. william will grow bold to ), he became the dullest, grayest, uninteresting male specimen of the european monarchy ( once again, ok, apart from princes Charles and Andrew ). He's the absolute opposite of that glamorous Monaco you dream of. At least, William still keeps his freshness...
Old 03-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic.

Posts about the fashions of Charlotte and Caroline, the British monarchy, etc are off topic and will be deleted without notice.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I completely 100% agree! There seems to be more personal freedom, and unlimited amounts of $$ to boot!

The Riviera is beautiful beautiful beautiful!
Old 03-14-2011, 07:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerehh View Post
She has always been thin. When she stopped jumping, she gain weight.

14*15*16*17*18*19*20*21*22*23*24

Charlotte looks healthy, she not looks sick.
Lord, what happened to her breasts?? She looks as flat as a ten year old in that photo....!
Old 03-14-2011, 07:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I don't get the impression that the relationship with Alex is causing stress & pressure. He appears quite well integrated into the family from the many holiday pics we see. They seem to be a settled couple - I'm not sure where the impression he is not supportive comes from. Charlotte can often be found at fashion shows/mixing with designers etc, & it is a world that is full of young women who are size 0, so I am not surprised that she has gradually assimilated a similar "look".
BINGO!! Charlotte's freaky thinness coincides with her hanging out in Paris and London with runway models like Kate Moss. She might be subconsciously trying to "keep up" with these women and their fashionable but ghastly concentration camp look.

It's quite a shame because Charlotte is more beautiful than ANY of them...she should not try to emulate that look!
Old 03-14-2011, 09:02 PM
Serene Highness

Ii think it's her riding and jogging. She went from sitting at a desk all day to doing athletics all day.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
Ii think it's her riding and jogging. She went from sitting at a desk all day to doing athletics all day.
I think that's it too. Plus Charlotte said it herself in an interview that she's always been too much of a perfectionist, so I'm pretty sure she's quite dedicated and puts a lot of effort into it. And as far as I know Charlotte's always been surrounded by those kind of people. Even when she was a lot younger. She was always a bit exposed due to her condition. She's a grown woman now and possibly a lot more mature than she was a few years back. I personally tend to agree with Fan of Monaco.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:14 PM
Majesty

All I know for sure is that I look at photos of Charlotte now and she seems to lack a certain youthful freshness. I remember photos of her when Rainier was alive when she would appear on the balcony of the Palace with her brothers, and again as recently as Prince Albert's installation Mass. She seemed not only young and beautiful, but happy.

I know that you can perhaps put it down to the fact that she is maturing into young womanhood but even Caroline at the height of her club crawling with Junot never appeared jaded, imo.

Charlotte, I am very sad to say, does indeed seem bored and jaded and for me it appears to coincide with the arrival in her life of Alex and his crowd.

I very much hope I am wrong. She has the right to select her own friends and the type of life style that makes HER happy.

Closed Thread