The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 09:10 AM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic...this thread isn't about ANY Beatrice...its about Charlotte.

Old 12-15-2010, 02:27 PM
Courtier

Did anyone translate Charlotte's interview in Elle France?

Old 12-15-2010, 02:54 PM
Courtier

^ I translated the gist of it one page back . I don't think anyone has translated it word for word yet.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
Great post Iloveroyals. Yes, humility that's what Beatrice lacks of. She should learn from Charlotte, but only intelligent people can be humble.

I agree with you 10000000000000000 % about miss Borromeo.
Charlotte comes across as a great, down to earth and intelligent person in this interview.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:00 AM
Aristocracy

yes, she finally gets over with her reclusiveness, and you get the vibe that she's just a young, cool girl with a passion. I liked it.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:06 AM

Two Charlottes, holding rabbit, was on show 15-31 Oct 2010

In October, Charlotte was actually *in* an "Artist Launch" exhibition produced by 20 Hoxton Square PRojects. This was for artists whose work was being shown at the space for the first time. One of these artists was Clarisse d'Arcimoles. She is a French photographer and she did a piece showing two side-by-side images of Charlotte (childhood and modern juxtaposed) holding a rabbit. On my blog there is a thumbnail (cannot enlarge) of the portrait. However, if you follow the links on the entry (to 20 Hoxton Square Projects website) you can see it in its full size splendor.

The Casiraghi Fan Club Extras: Charlotte Casiraghi by Clarisse d'Arcimoles
Old 12-21-2010, 07:43 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
In October, Charlotte was actually *in* an "Artist Launch" exhibition produced by 20 Hoxton Square PRojects. This was for artists whose work was being shown at the space for the first time. One of these artists was Clarisse d'Arcimoles. She is a French photographer and she did a piece showing two side-by-side images of Charlotte (childhood and modern juxtaposed) holding a rabbit. On my blog there is a thumbnail (cannot enlarge) of the portrait. However, if you follow the links on the entry (to 20 Hoxton Square Projects website) you can see it in its full size splendor.

The Casiraghi Fan Club Extras: Charlotte Casiraghi by Clarisse d'Arcimoles
Aw,that's so sweet..
Old 12-21-2010, 10:03 AM
Courtier

Found this on TFS from the Elle article...love her idea of elegance!

Quote:
She also talks about her idea of elegance, "dressing for context", she says elegance is a form of respect, politeness, and discipline. Elegance is dressing for where and whom you will be with, not necessarily a matter of fashion. She says it is this idea of elegance she received from her family (her mother and grandmother).
Old 12-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

The two Charlotte's portrait is so cute! Clarisse did a good job with the other images too!
Old 12-21-2010, 12:29 PM
Courtier

That is such a cool image! Charlotte looks just as sweet now as she did then. And the rabbits are cute too!
Old 12-21-2010, 03:11 PM

I wonder who bought the Two Charlottes! And how much....? Think maybe Caroline brow beat Alex (Dellal) to say it was sold and then she got it?
Old 12-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Several posts from today have been moved to the following thread:

** Charlotte Casiraghi pictures part III **
Old 12-27-2010, 04:41 PM
Administrator

As Charlotte spends her winter/Christmas holidays together with her family,
the newest pics and posts discussing them have been moved to the family's
thread:

** Princess Caroline & Family Current Events Part 6 : Feb.2010 - **
Old 12-28-2010, 04:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAT74997 View Post
In a way I think she should be admired. For a girl who has grown up in the public eye and who's every move is scrutinized and photographed, she's shown remarkable poise and grace under pressure. Not to mention that although she likes to have fun like any girl her age, she's far from a hedonist as many other aristocrats who can have whatever they want whenever they want. I give credit and admire her. Her mother too, for having raised such a quiet girl who has stayed away from scandals and has a reputation that is beyond reproach. That is much more than many girls can say in this day and age especially a girl as beautiful as her who has probably had her fair share of suitors. Just my two cents.
I do agree with this one. I think it's reverse snobbery to be so dismissive of the accomplishments of people like Charlotte. The fact that she's an asset to her family than an embarrassment is a good thing to remember. Yes, the ones who come from nothing and do incredible things with their lives are always to be admired but sometimes, kids with privilege also struggle with issues and problems that we can only dream of. One thing's for sure--everyone has hadto deal with something in their lives and if you're still thriving by your mid-twenties, then good for you. I've read a book, I forgot the author or the complete title but it's about a fictional account (based on actual account) of an admissions officer from Princeton. In it she said it's great to read the essays of intellectually gifted kids from Asia and other third world countries but it is sometimes so much more heartbreaking to read the essays of kids from rich backgrounds because you always get the feeling that these kids feel like they don't deserve what they have and they carry a lot of guilt just for being privileged. I'm droning but I suppose I'm saying it's not fair to judge people based on background whether it be a financially cursed or blessed one. People should be judged on who they are now, and Charlotte is doing all right. Very stable, seems level-headed and passionate. Let's not expect her to trot off to third-world countries and implement socio-economic policies that could alleviate poverty...at this point at least.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
I do agree with this one. I think it's reverse snobbery to be so dismissive of the accomplishments of people like Charlotte. The fact that she's an asset to her family than an embarrassment is a good thing to remember. Yes, the ones who come from nothing and do incredible things with their lives are always to be admired but sometimes, kids with privilege also struggle with issues and problems that we can only dream of. One thing's for sure--everyone has hadto deal with something in their lives and if you're still thriving by your mid-twenties, then good for you. I've read a book, I forgot the author or the complete title but it's about a fictional account (based on actual account) of an admissions officer from Princeton. In it she said it's great to read the essays of intellectually gifted kids from Asia and other third world countries but it is sometimes so much more heartbreaking to read the essays of kids from rich backgrounds because you always get the feeling that these kids feel like they don't deserve what they have and they carry a lot of guilt just for being privileged. I'm droning but I suppose I'm saying it's not fair to judge people based on background whether it be a financially cursed or blessed one. People should be judged on who they are now, and Charlotte is doing all right. Very stable, seems level-headed and passionate. Let's not expect her to trot off to third-world countries and implement socio-economic policies that could alleviate poverty...at this point at least.
Thank you so much for your comments, I couldn't agree more.
Both of these posting put into words what I've wanted to say for some time now.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:55 PM
Gentry

Don't you guys find it interesting that there are hardly (if any) candid photos of Charlotte in London? We have seen these kind of photos from many other places, but not where she supposedly spends half of her time? Or is British law more strict with paparazzis?
Old 01-04-2011, 05:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by talula View Post
Don't you guys find it interesting that there are hardly (if any) candid photos of Charlotte in London? We have seen these kind of photos from many other places, but not where she supposedly spends half of her time? Or is British law more strict with paparazzis?

I do not think so, just that in England Paps are busy enough with the British Royal family!!
Old 01-04-2011, 05:38 AM
Aristocracy

lol! You're kidding aren't you?
I don't think there are any laws over here regarding Paparazzi. Everything goes.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:53 AM

^^Very true, yeah, the British paps have been so busy with Kate Middleton in recent years..... and like, that other Kate and Sienna Miller and Gavin/Gwen and Gwyneth/Chris and all those young flashes.... Bob Geldoff's daughters, Pixie and Peaches and the York princesses, and Lily Allen..... yeah, the London paps have their work cut out, for sure.

They probably would follow Charlotte more if they had a better handle on where she hangs out, but she isn't consistent enough (probably, what with scooting back over to Paris all the time_) and they don't have the time or incentive to take the time to figure her out. I guess they figure they have better money prospects to take the time for too many others.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Gentry

^ That makes sense. Yet, I just find it bizarre that we have candid photos of her in Rio and NYC. In both these cities - and continents for that matter - she is essentially an unknown (compared to Europe). So if the paps cross over an ocean, I'm assuming they would easily go to London. But maybe they really don't know where she stays once there.

Closed Thread