Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 34: March 2010 - November 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the fact that she told the journalist to see her boyfriend's name on the Internet a bit rude, I mean she seems to be sweet and unpretentious, yes, but I think resembles her mother there as well - a bit of a Disney Princess ... once upon a time, in a tiny principality of Monaco there lived a stunning girl named Charlotte, she had lots of beautiful horses but it's only Tintero that's her very favourite. Also she travels, speaks languages and has a boyfriend whose name you can google anytime, in case you don't know.

This thing really disappointed me since it's VOGUE. I mean, maybe it's not VF, but it's a bit renowned magazine. There's no wit, nothing interesting. Maybe she doesn't really have that much to say as some of you guys expect from her ..

Pictures are pretty IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
What does it mean "she stopped dead at seventenn and half" ???

Wow. That article was such a huge fail. Sorry, I'm late but my access to internet has been limited lately. Anybody who didn't know about her already would hardly be interested in her after reading that. Going on and on about how beautiful she is--which people can see and decide for themselves--then giving only ONE line to her magazine? Why didn't they ask her about that? Although her quip about Alex read a little rude, I can almost understand because I mean you CAN google Alex if you wanted to. But does it really matter who she's dating anyway? If anything deserved one line its that she's dating Alex Dellal son of blah blah millionaire, now back to more interesting topics...They could've asked her alot more about jumping too, like why she decided to get into it, asked her about previous horses, training, etc. I mean anything! I'm also a little shocked they didn't ask her about her grandmother. Has she watched any of her films? What does she think of them? That article was such a waste of time. Sorry, rant over.

That article was such a waste of time. Sorry, rant over.
No, your points are very well taken. These kind of articles are standards for most media, and they either sensationalize or bore people to tears with their fluff pieces, even when they have interesting subjects.

Charlotte gave a flip answer to a stupid question, to put it quite frankly. That's actually the most interesting thing in the interview where she's clearly saying in not so many words: why are you asking me obvious questions you can easily google yourself. Sure, it's a not a gracious answer, but it was an honest one because she's probably annoyed as she should be.

Here you have a girl who grew up immersed in culture and that's all this writer could come up with? In this case, she should have asked when is she marrying Prince William and be done with it.:eek:

Indeed. A journalist should do research before going in for an interview and asking these random questions.

I feel like this is the biggest waste of opportunity. The writer could have asked how it was when her father died, how it impacted her life and visions, or her vision on green fashion or her future plans. What she wants to do as a future job or how she will see her equestrian career in a few years. But all the writer could come up with was asking her about some exams, living in three different places (he/she could have gone deeper into that too) and her boyfriends last name.

Sure, Vogue cannot dedicate 10 pages to her nor will Charlotte give her whole life away, but I do believe that Charlotte was willing to answer some harder questions, they don't even have to reveal huge things. And ofcourse, Anna Wintour and Charlotte probably spoke about the content, but damn. The article is a huge fail and they could've pushed harder. You don't appear in US Vogue just to come off as lazy Euro blue blood. I don't think Charlotte stands for that either.

And I am not a fan of Testino's work with celebs. Models can give depth which 'regular' celebs cannot. I would have liked her to work Inez & Vinoodh, Mert & Marcus, Steven Meisel, Laura Sciacovelli or Mikael Jansson. Photographers who even make the most boring actresses look like they're interesting. Testino rarely does that for me.

I agree. I think these writers are so use to, and focus so much on the superficial aspect of famous people's lives, that when they have an opportunity to really do an informative piece, they are unable or forget what it's like to interact people that are intelligent and well adjusted.

Oh, man, it would have been great indeed to get her perspective on growing up without her dad, I forgot about that. Did she even ask her about fashion at all since it's that type of magazine? I skimmed through the interview I could not take it. I'm hoping she does a cover for madame figaro, and they will certainly know how to handle her, I don't know what the people at vogue were thinking.

Mario Testino is ok, although he did a great shoot with Gwyneth for vanity fair, many moons ago.

I agree w/many sentiments that the article was disappointing - and, the pictures...weird. I think they were trying to convey her as intelligent and witty - which, I would imagine she is, in a natural setting w/family and friends (not an unnatural interview situation which will include uncomfortable questions). I wish they had focused more on her "green" effort(s), as well as her work - the riding, always interesting to me, since I ride - may make her sound pretentious to those that don't (since it's associated w/the elite class, ususally). I don't think she's interviewed, at length, much, and came off unnatural - perhaps over time, she'll seem more natural.

Last edited:
I found the fact that she told the journalist to see her boyfriend's name on the Internet a bit rude, I mean she seems to be sweet and unpretentious, yes, but I think resembles her mother there as well - a bit of a Disney Princess ... once upon a time, in a tiny principality of Monaco there lived a stunning girl named Charlotte, she had lots of beautiful horses but it's only Tintero that's her very favourite. Also she travels, speaks languages and has a boyfriend whose name you can google anytime, in case you don't know.

This thing really disappointed me since it's VOGUE. I mean, maybe it's not VF, but it's a bit renowned magazine. There's no wit, nothing interesting. Maybe she doesn't really have that much to say as some of you guys expect from her ..

Pictures are pretty IMO.

Okay...why should the interviewer look up Mlle Casiraghi's significant other on the Net?? Is it such a big deal for her to say his name? Here in the US very few people know the Dellal name anyway.

Charlotte is obviously beautiful and accomplished, but she comes off a bit dull and humorless, at least in this article. :ermm:

I don't think that Charlotte agreed to give an interview. Only the pictures (because PA asked her to). The magazine tried to get some quotes out of her and she didn't cooperate. Her flip answer was her way of saying my private life is none of your business. The writing in that article was extremely weak for a magazine of that caliber.

She could arrange and make it clear to the journalist that she wants to talk Only for her riding passion and not touch her private life.

Okay, I'm going to ask because I'm confused - why is the article disappointing? I thought it did what it set out to do, which was to give a quick profile on Charlotte. It wasn't meant to be some expansive in-depth interview. Agreed, they could have gone into a little more detail but it would only really serve to reiterate the facts we all already knew, wouldn't it?

^^ Because it is a waste of opportunity and they make her come off as a girl with rich and famous parents who got it all handed out which is not the case. Please, Halle Berry is on the cover and why is she relevant to us? Because she broke up with her baby father and she is now a single parent? That is a waste of paper. But US Vogue has been dissapointing with celebs for many years. Vogue Paris all the way.

Still confused... why is it a waste of opportunity? Opportunity for what? :ermm:

I personally didn't like the article because it does not say essential things. They pointed out how beautiful Char is (like we're blind and we cannot decide what she is) and some similar epidermal and meaningless things. So much attention at her beauty makes me believe that only beautiful people deserve to be famous and have a part on such magazines. Since she was photographed with her riding outfit, i expected to read something about her riding passion and not her personal life. Of course, some things about her life where good to be mentioned, like her early years and how she got into this hobby but they didn't give muct attention to her riding. Both sides should have been better, i think, and should have arranged at about what she would be asked and where the interview(?) would lead. Char could clarify that she doesn't want anything about her relationship to be mentioned. By the way, that was just a tribute to Charlotte in general and not for her riding passion..Not an interview. I wish she had said more things and not just some splinter quotes and the rest of it was just a narration of the reporter.

But of course the article is superficial. What else did you expect from what amounts to a two page article with pictures? What did you expect them to cover? I think we're on different tracks here. I think the article was just a filler - a general interest piece. I don't think they ever meant to be particularly in depth about anything, from the outset. But I guess we just agree to diasgree. :flowers:

Then, i think that Char's choice wasn't that good: to give an "interview" there, if you take into consideration that she might have some other requests from magazines, too. (?):flowers:
But ok. It is also the type of the magazine.

Well, i agree with all of you that says that this was a major fail, and waste of paper. Charlotte was rude to say "you can google his name on the internet" but i don't know how to take it. Ironic, in the way that she might be thinking "don't make such stupids questions" at the time, or she really is that snob and not cooperating at all.
The only lines that they gave her shows her as a current rich girl who doesn't give a damn, and obviously don't want to be interviewed.
Or maybe the journalist sucks at his/her work and now i have a not so good impression of Charlotte because of his/her fault.

But of course the article is superficial. What else did you expect from what amounts to a two page article with pictures? What did you expect them to cover? I think we're on different tracks here. I think the article was just a filler - a general interest piece. I don't think they ever meant to be particularly in depth about anything, from the outset. But I guess we just agree to diasgree. :flowers:

THAT is how I feel. I'm more on your track than any other that has been put forward in response to the Vogue interview. It was put toward the back of the magazine. It's purpose was to show Charlotte in Gucci riding clothes. It wasn't even to promote Ever Manifesto. It's purpose is to make her fit the image of glamour as a Monegasque and as a granddaughter of Grace, etc. So these are the themes of the article: her beauty, her being granddaughter of Grace, her being the new equestrian muse of Gucci. They weren't too interested in talking about sustainability and ethics in fashion -- although those things are great, and they squeeze that in because it gives her another cool point. But they weren't going to ask about her dead father, or her dead grandmother, and it's anyone's guess if she would have talked about that anyway. She did it for Gucci. Period.

I like her comment on Alex and the internet. It was honest, like someone else said. It was maybe a bit rude, but it was an honest response. "a sigh" and "you can look it up" or something.

I was also interested in the answer she gave about where she lives. "It's so so hard...." living out of designer luggage, etc. :rolleyes:

My impression of her is not changed. I like her as well as ever. She is human.

Last edited:
THAT is how I feel. I'm more on your track than any other that has been put forward in response to the Vogue interview. It was put toward the back of the magazine. It's purpose was to show Charlotte in Gucci riding clothes. It wasn't even to promote Ever Manifesto. It's purpose is to make her fit the image of glamour as a Monegasque and as a granddaughter of Grace, etc. So these are the themes of the article: her beauty, her being granddaughter of Grace, her being the new equestrian muse of Gucci. They weren't too interested in talking about sustainability and ethics in fashion -- although those things are great, and they squeeze that in because it gives her another cool point. But they weren't going to ask about her dead father, or her dead grandmother, and it's anyone's guess if she would have talked about that anyway. She did it for Gucci. Period.

I like her comment on Alex and the internet. It was honest, like someone else said. It was maybe a bit rude, but it was an honest response. "a sigh" and "you can look it up" or something.

I was also interested in the answer she gave about where she lives. "It's so so hard...." living out of designer luggage, etc. :rolleyes:

My impression of her is not changed. I like her as well as ever. She is human.

Well, seen it from that angle, i guess you are right. She is a sweet girl after all (i can remember being shy in her television interview of last year) it just that that response, shocked me a little.
But again, you are right, it was for fashion, Gucci, and not anything else. She must be sad that anyone can actually find a lot of info about her boyfriend on the net.

^^ Because it is a waste of opportunity and they make her come off as a girl with rich and famous parents who got it all handed out which is not the case. Please, Halle Berry is on the cover and why is she relevant to us? Because she broke up with her baby father and she is now a single parent? That is a waste of paper. But US Vogue has been dissapointing with celebs for many years. Vogue Paris all the way.

I MUCH prefer Paris Vogue...US Vogue seems to stick some starlet on it's cover every month(Halle Berry, Gwyneth Paltrow) and I simply couldn't care less about these women.

Paris Vogue is much more cosmopolitan and glamorous.

I would assume Charlotte did the article/photos because she has to do a certain amount of press for her Gucci deal. Her response to the boyfriend question was spot on IMO. Why should she be defined by who she's dating? What revelance does it have on the topic at hand (ie her riding and her deal with Gucci)? If I were editor, I'd flip Charlotte and Halle Berry - give Char the cover and a longer interview and give Halle 2-3 pages at the back of the magazine. Char's story had much more fashion relevance than Halle's, but then Anna was probably trying to score points with the critics who claim there's never any black people in Vogue.

The question about her boyfriend was silly, cheap gossip. You can not call, this an interview, of course. It was probably a couple of questions while making the pictures. But the answer was rude. After all, not everything you find on internet is true, so why send the interviewer to look up on internet. She could have just said a few lines.

Actually, what would you ask Charlotte? Are there really interesting questions to ask her? Only a couple come to my mind.

I MUCH prefer Paris Vogue...US Vogue seems to stick some starlet on it's cover every month(Halle Berry, Gwyneth Paltrow) and I simply couldn't care less about these women.

Paris Vogue is much more cosmopolitan and glamorous.
Rumor has it that Blake Lively will be on the cover for the third time. That says enough about the quality of US Vogue. :whistling:

Carine put an actress on the cover this month too but that is Marion Cotillard. Talented beyond belief, interesting and super nice. Anna had Marion on her cover too, but US shot her by Mario Testino and Paris by Mert Alas and Marcus Pignot. That's the difference and that's why Paris is always better. They make every shot a work of art.

they make her come off as a girl with rich and famous parents who got it all handed out .

Well, that's what she is. A girl with rich and famous parents who got it all handed out. Otherwise, a girl who didn't even finished her 4 year college education and has no training or education whatsoever as a journalist would never have the chances she had.
And witouth her mother's name a rider of her level would never ride such horse, never have a Gucci sponsorship and neve be on Vogue.
That's what interesting about her, and the only things that make her special: her money and her mother.
She's done nothing with her life worth talking about (I'm not criticizing her, 99'9% of people have done nothing worth talking about in the presse at 24 years old).
Her riding? For God's sake sh'es not Zara Phillips! She's just an average amateur like thousands of other people in France. She's not specially skilled and she'll never be a pro. The only reason she's in Vogue with her horses is, well, that she is a girl with rich and famous parents and that's made her cut a deal with Gucci much better riders than her would never get. (still, not critizing, but really, her riding career has not interest at all because she doesn't have one)

Her one issue magazine? Well, the girl wrote a couple of bad articles (from a journalistic point of view) and an very bad interview, and they went to press because being the daughter of rich and famous parents she had the money the contacts and media coverage. It was nearly a year ago. Most students write amateurish magazines like that while in college.

The fact is, her life is not interesting for anyone who is not already fascinated by her because of her beauty, her money or her family. Of course, the article focussed on the things that make her special what makes her interesting for the general public. Her amateurish 1 number magazine and her amateurish sportmanship don't make her special in any way. Most 24 year olds do similar things.

As I understand it, in the US, models are more costly, so many editors moved toward actresses. US audience is different - some of the younger audience that enjoys Vogue want to see actresses/celebrities, rather than supermodels...I like both French and US Vogue - it's like reading 2 different magazines.....

I have to say...I'd rather see Halle Berry on the cover than some scary thin model sucking in her cheeks, although Wintour probably wouldn't mind that either were she given the chance to do it...:whistling: And Carine has been on my crap list ever since that stunt she pulled with the model in black face, but I digress.

As to why I find the article uninteresting--pretty much because it told me nothing I didn't already know and because it makes her seem like every other heirress out there. Perhaps that's true. Perhaps she isn't all that distinguishable from Niarchos, Santo-Domingo, or Missoni at the core of it all, but she is substantially more interesting on paper--IMO--than those other girls. For one thing, she's got a famous grandmother. Would it have been too hard for them to ask her one question about Grace Kelly? She regularly competes in jumping, sure alot of rich girls do, but if you have a passion for something, trust me, it will translate. And Gucci is tied to her equestrian hobbies, isn't it? So that would be something to ask her about, what is it about jumping that she loves so much. Yeah, eventing's dangerous but anybody involved in equestrian sport could have told me that.

Don't get me wrong, I see the opposite viewpoint, as well. It was little more than a photo op and if its purpose was to make us see how good she looked in equestrian gear, well done I suppose. Over and out. :cool:

Heres the thing...in the United States fashion magazines sell with actress/celebrities/music stars on the cover than actual models. Its been that way for a while now.

So while I am sure everyone on this forum would have loved to see Charlotte on the cover, the US masses would be like who is this person and despite being the famed September issue, it might have been a low seller. And its all about the money folks! Anna Wintour knows that people will buy the magazine with Halle Berry on the cover or any supermodel rather than Charlotte.

And I agree that it might have been prudent to ask Charlotte a question about her family at least as it relates to the fashion style icon of both her mother and grandmother. A question such as this....Both your late grandmother and mother are well known as fashion style icons. What is your style OR do you think that your grandmother's style has played a role in your mother life and has your mother's style has played a role in the way you dress or something like that.

And frankly I would have been annoyed that the reporter did no research prior to talking to me. I mean, Charlotte probably didn't want to focus on her love life but could you do a little research! Is that what it has come down to now....no fact checkers and people don't research their topics?

Last edited:
Heres the thing...in the United States fashion magazines sell with actress/celebrities/music stars on the cover than actual models. Its been that way for a while now.

So while I am sure everyone on this forum would have loved to see Charlotte on the cover, the US masses would be like who is this person and despite being the famed September issue, it might have been a low seller. And its all about the money folks! Anna Wintour knows that people will buy the magazine with Halle Berry on the cover or any supermodel rather than Charlotte.

And I agree that it might have been prudent to ask Charlotte a question about her family at least as it relates to the fashion style icon of both her mother and grandmother. A question such as this....Both your late grandmother and mother are well known as fashion style icons. What is your style OR do you think that your grandmother's style has played a role in your mother life and has your mother's style has played a role in the way you dress or something like that.

And frankly I would have been annoyed that the reporter did no research prior to talking to me. I mean, Charlotte probably didn't want to focus on her love life but could you do a little research! Is that what it has come down to now....no fact checkers and people don't research their topics?
Well said Zonk...couldn't agree more.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom