Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 34: March 2010 - November 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently she does have an ed in US Vogue! So exciting. I cannot wait to see the other pictures! :D

Amazing pic!!!!!!!!!...Thanks!...Sorry people, what do u mean with an "ed"???
Thanks!=)

^ It means editorial. Basically a photo spread in the magazine. I guess she agreed to do it since Mario Testino was shooting it. Honestly, I can hardly believe she posed for any magazine!

Wow! I can't wait to see it! She really is her mom's clone!

^ Wow! She looks amazing. Thanks!

This is what was posted on the US Vogue September 2010 Issue thread at TFS:

Riding High | Ph. Mario Testino | Fashion Editor: Phyliss Posnick | Star : Princess Charlotte of Monaco

I wonder if that means there are more photos? Or even an interview? I would be completely shocked if she did an interview. Especially for a US magazine, but I guess you never know. I'll try to buy the issue soon and check it out!

And of course they called her "Princess" Charlotte...

I am sure if she does make a comment, it will be brief - not a full-fledged interview. Since Tatiana's sister-in-law works for Vogue, and with Mario Testino shooting, I'm sure it will be tastefully done

I am surprised that US Vogue scooped Italian Vogue. Charlotte seemed to be buddy buddy with the Italian editor.

That one picture puts to rest any doubts as to whether Monaco still has any glamour.

Riding High | Ph. Mario Testino | Fashion Editor: Phyliss Posnick | Star : Princess Charlotte of Monaco

I wonder if that means there are more photos? Or even an interview? I would be completely shocked if she did an interview. Especially for a US magazine, but I guess you never know. I'll try to buy the issue soon and check it out!

Leave it to a US magazine...at least they don't refer to her uncle as "King Albert II of Monaco"...there's one wedding planning site that refers to him as that. :facepalm: I'll have to find the US Vouge.....

An awesome HQ photo of Charlotte thanks to modevogue at the Fashion Spot
Imageshack - vogueus091008.jpg
she is absolutely amazing.
Stunning photo!

She puts EVERY young Hollywood starlet I can think of to shame...every last one of them!

I personally love it when she is called "Princess" because that is what she is...she is the daughter, grand-daughter and great grand daughter of Princes and Princesses even though she does not officially use the title.

I agree ,but I also think it's cool that she is a royal rebel.

I'm sorry but I can't agree with any of you. That Vogue photo is absolutely hideous. She looks like a creature from the Avatar movie. So much photoshop! She doesn't need it.

Her face doesn't look like a real person face and her body! She's naturally slim but they've cut out such a big piece of her hip that she scarcely looks human. For god's sake her left hand is wider than her waist and her face looks like an alien's.

Ugly pic IMHO.

Edit: I just had a new look at the pic and it's so clumsily done! If you look carefuly you can see that they have erased with photoshop the right side of her hip, but then at the wrist heigh they've forgotten to keep on erasing and her thigh looks abruptly wider. Ha, ha, ha! Her right thigh is much wider than her hip!
Awful photoshop job and awful mentality behind it! Charlotte is naturaly very thin, I can¡t understand why that stupid Mario Testino though he needed to deform her shape to make her fashionable. If I was Charlotte I would sue him.

I'm sorry but I can't agree with any of you. That Vogue photo is absolutely hideous. She looks like a creature from the Avatar movie. So much photoshop! She doesn't need it.

Her face doesn't look like a real person face and her body! She's naturally slim but they've cut out such a big piece of her hip that she scarcely looks human. For god's sake her left hand is wider than her waist and her face looks like an alien's.

Ugly pic IMHO.

Edit: I just had a new look at the pic and it's so clumsily done! If you look carefuly you can see that they have erased with photoshop the right side of her hip, but then at the wrist heigh they've forgotten to keep on erasing and her thigh looks abruptly wider. Ha, ha, ha! Her right thigh is much wider than her hip!
Awful photoshop job and awful mentality behing it! Charlotte is naturaly very thin, I can¡t understand why that stupid Mario Testino though he needed to deform her shape to make her fashionable. If I was Charlotte I would sue him.
I absolutely agree with you. It's really bad how fashion magazines nowadays make their subject look worse than when they are captured in candids. For shame.:sad:

Ugly pic IMHO.

Awful photoshop job and awful mentality behind it! Charlotte is naturaly very thin, I can¡t understand why that stupid Mario Testino though he needed to deform her shape to make her fashionable. If I was Charlotte I would sue him.
I totally agree with you Trepstep, I looked at her left hand again and it looks deformed:ohmy: - like she has got arthritis or something - how could a professional photoprapher let this happen to a photo of Charlotte that was for publishing in an up market magazine!!!:furious:

I noticed the hip thing too. I thought it was just because her body was turned at the waist. I also noticed that her shoulders are bigger than her hips, which is not usually the case. I agree that Charlotte does not need to be photoshopped. Remember Hola did the same thing with Andrea and Tatiana. Too much technology.

I'm not sure about the hands. It could just be an optical illusion. Her left hand is spread out and about 6 inches closer to the camera. Her right hand is scrunched up holding a treat that Tintero is very interested in. IT could just be a depth perception thing. That looks like a tough picture to take. White clothing and a grey horse. Working with an animal.

Right. I am wondering what did she say when she saw the result.. The only nice thing i can see in the picture is the horse!
I am always skeptic about a new photoshoot becasue i know what i'm going to see.

I only like this one, which is actually not so fake.

I was wondering why nobody had noticed the Photoshop thing. That great big lump in her thigh was dead give away. :whistling: I was going to say something but I didn't want to rain on anyone's parade. ;) I think they've taken off a bit of her hand but not much. There was probably a bump there which they didn't like. They've played around with her eyes and the mouth a bit but not too much, I don't think. The cat's eye thing is very much the trend du jour at the moment. The photo looks good in the wallpaper I made though. :ROFLMAO: (Joke)
I'd also like to say that Ralph Lauren are one of the worst when it comes to photoshopping their models. I find their print ad models generally have that unbelievably thin look about them. :ermm:

Ugly pic IMHO.

I honestly didn't notice her body, I was only looking at her face and at the magnificent horse, beautiful.

I have a lot of respect for MT, he has done breathtaking studies of Zara Phillips and the late Diana, Princess of Wales...but if he is stupid or blind enough to believe that the already too thin Charlotte needed to be even thinner, I don't know what to think of him any more. :ermm:

I am surprised that US Vogue scooped Italian Vogue. Charlotte seemed to be buddy buddy with the Italian editor.

Well, September issue, US Vogue, with Testino and Posnick. Who could resist? Although to be frank, I'm not a fan of Testino. She looks beautiful but she has lots of other photos where she looks better. Maybe she'll do another editorial with Grace Coddington and Leibovitz. I'm hoping anyway. For now I'm just happy there's something else, aside from the usual, to look forward to in Vogue. :flowers:

If you can be into the september issue of US Vogue, you don't just let the oppurtunity down.

Stunning! It looks like a professional photoshoot! Thanks so much for the pic!
That's because it is. It's shot by Mario Testino who almost always shots the covers for US Vogue and for Lancome.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Yes, i realized that after i posted my comment. I saw it on TFS too.
Btw the photoshoop thing...as i said she does look stunning, but as usual, they have to do something on the photo, in order to make it appear more "professional" or something.
Anyway, i only want to see the rest of the ed...full of photoshop too, that's for sure. Just as they did with Andrea in that Hola interview.

My US Vogue Scans:
Image - TinyPic - Kostenlose Bild- und Videospeicherung und gemeinsame Nutzung von Fotos
Image - TinyPic - Kostenlose Bild- und Videospeicherung und gemeinsame Nutzung von Fotos
http://de.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=jv5cag&s=4

I wasn't sure whether to put these here or in the current events thread, so mods feel free to move them! The article is ok, nothing we didn't already know, but Charlotte actually gives a few quotes. I wish they had focused a little less on her looks and more on her magazine or horse riding though. At least the other pictures are more natural looking.

The US Vogue photos are stunning, as is the one posted here of her with her horse. I didn't notice any photoshopping, but if it had been done I would think Anna Wintour & her staff would be responsible for it, not Mairo Testino. AW has final editorial control. (Watch The September Issue if you get a chance). I was quite surprised she did an interview/fashion shoot, but as someone else said, it's US Vogue & Anna Wintour - you don't really turn them down! (Honestly I only bought the magazine because Charlotte was in it and the photos were so stunning!) The article talked about her lineage, her eco-fashion magazine and her riding/clothing sponsored by Gucci. They also mentioned Zara Phillips and Charlotte is quoted talking about how dangerous Zara's sport is verses Charlotte's, which was quite surprising. No mention of Zara's fashion line thru whomever though. I would've thought there would be some polite etiquette that says you don't bash each other or their sport though.

They could have, but I was surprised they even did a feature on her to begin with. She's certainly not their usual type! There's also a one page article by Prince Charles about "upcylcing" when it comes to clothes. So much of the issue was focused on plugging 'Fashion's Night Out', a Vogue sponsored evening of retail whatever when certain stores are open late and have special going-ons. It's meant to help revitalize the retail industry in this economy and get people to shop again, but one blog review of it called it 'Fashion's Free-for-all' since he didn't see anybody with a shopping bag in hand, only drunk people getting drunker and partaking of the freebies. It also pointed out that the figures from last year's FNO were never released, leading one to believe it wasn't very successful, despite claims that it was.

They don't bash. Charlotte doesn't bash on eventing either. Fact is that eventing is incredibly dangerous. It's not a personal thing.

The article annoys me. I wish they asked her some more rather than just the simple facts.

Thank you for the scans sugarbaby318.The article is indeed quite boring but she's only 24 and she gave an interview last year and now this, so let's hope that from now on we will hear from her more often.

They don't bash. Charlotte doesn't bash on eventing either. Fact is that eventing is incredibly dangerous. It's not a personal thing.

The article annoys me. I wish they asked her some more rather than just the simple facts.

Yeah, it kind of sucks. Honestly, even though I usually love Testino's work, I am not crazy about this images of Charlotte. She doesn't look like Charlotte to me! She looks like some waxed on version of herself, totally strange! :ohmy:
I think Vicki should have talked a lot more about the Gucci thing and Ever Manifesto, and it would be better but...... some things were pretty interesting. The more Charlotte puts herself out there for us to "know" is the more we can see how sweet and unpretentious she really is. For someone who has all this Gucci and gets to go around the world jumping horses, and doesn't even have pressure to be "great" at it, she seems to be remarkably unpretentious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom