The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 06:53 AM
Serene Highness

There are two videos of Charlotte with Eugenie and Alexia Niedzielski at Etam Fashion Show of Natalia Vodianova. She is from 3:39 ..
!
and here she's from 2:34..

Here she is at Stella McCarthney Show in 2010..

I have also found a picture of Charlotte at the 2008 Monte Carlo Rose Ball..
That was her outfit.. http://i45.tinypic.com/2usa0bt.jpg
we haven't seen the whole dress without the jacket i think..
There is a picture although it is a bit small !
http://i47.tinypic.com/2cpsutl.jpg

Old 05-24-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecia View Post
Meh, I had a vague moment. I have bad energy today. Nevermind, not important. I also noticed that I missed the "Charlotte" off "Olympia". What an airhead I'm turning into!
It's very confusing. "Charlotte Olympia" has to be "Charlotte Olympia" because, as Charlotte, she is confused with Casiraghi, and as Olympia, one thinks of Miss Scarry. I think if Casiraghi marries Alex Dellal, it will be super confusing. Can you imagine? Charlotte dellal? Which one?!
I can only hope that Charlotte Casiraghi would keep her name or do a double surname.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:03 AM
Courtier

I thought that too! I hope she realises just how confusing it is and just has a double surname. Or makes Charlotte Dellal (makes ) change her name to "Charlotte O. Dellal". I don't know - something to distinguish the two!
Old 05-25-2010, 08:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecia View Post
Oh... my... gawd, it actually is isn't it? I knew they recycled clothes but this! Pretty cool though - 32 years and the dress is still in good nick.
AMAZING!!!! Of course these dresses are very expensive, and consequently of very high quality tissues, but 32 years!!

On the other side. I have dresses worn from my mom, decades ago, and i use them for Carnaval. They are nice but you can see that theu are old, but of course our dresses are not expensive as those belonging to Caroline.
It makes sense.
Bravo Charlotte, good sense.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Royal Highness

Couture is timeless.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Serene Highness

Caroline wore that dress in 1978 for a party at Maxim's in Paris around the time of her wedding and for the 1978 Red Cross Ball
Old 05-26-2010, 11:00 AM

I'm sorry if someone already said..... the fantastic vintage couture floral dress, worn by Caro in 70s, and by Char at last year's Mandelli wedding..... who is the designer, please? And is it actual HC, or is it just RTW? If it is HC then we have our answer for why it is in perfect condition!! HC truly will last for ages. It's the highest quality handmade clothing.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
I'm sorry if someone already said..... the fantastic vintage couture floral dress, worn by Caro in 70s, and by Char at last year's Mandelli wedding..... who is the designer, please? And is it actual HC, or is it just RTW? If it is HC then we have our answer for why it is in perfect condition!! HC truly will last for ages. It's the highest quality handmade clothing.
At this time, Caroline (as also Princess Grace) was quite exclusively dressed by Dior (Marc Bohan), who did also her wedding dress with Junod and also her outfit for civil wedding with Stefano. So I strongly suppose that this dress was Dior, and of course Haute Couture.

When House Dior had some fighting with Marc Bohan and Marc Bohan left Dior (1989), Caroline stopped completely any purchase from Dior. After this time we saw her more and more wearing Chanel.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:38 PM

Yeah, she went to Chanel because of Karl, who became their designer around the mid-80s, right? And that's how she became such a good friend of Ines, who was Karl's top model. And as for Bohan, Stephanie was his student for a time, but then she got tired of fashion designing and went to Hollywood to try to be an actress, and met Rob Lowe!!

It must be so much fun for Char to have fantasy time in her mother's closets. I remember reading that Caroline, when she is depressed or confused, likes to go into the place in the palace where all of Grace's couture dresses are kept and try them on, and it makes her feel close to Grace.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Yeah, she went to Chanel because of Karl, who became their designer around the mid-80s, right? And that's how she became such a good friend of Ines, who was Karl's top model. And as for Bohan, Stephanie was his student for a time, but then she got tired of fashion designing and went to Hollywood to try to be an actress, and met Rob Lowe!!

It must be so much fun for Char to have fantasy time in her mother's closets. I remember reading that Caroline, when she is depressed or confused, likes to go into the place in the palace where all of Grace's couture dresses are kept and try them on, and it makes her feel close to Grace.
I heard that too - it does sound very heart warming. Just that simplicity of a daughter trying on her mother's clothes, even years after she's gone, in an effort to be close to her. It just makes me love Caroline more. And I'm sure Charlotte has a great deal of fun in her mother's wardrobe - after all, think of all the haute couture she's worn over the years!
Old 05-27-2010, 03:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

I wonder how P. Stephanie feels about this habit... After all P. Grace was her mother too, and if it were me, i klnow i'd feel, if not jealous, at least a little bit abused...
Old 05-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
I wonder how P. Stephanie feels about this habit... After all P. Grace was her mother too, and if it were me, i klnow i'd feel, if not jealous, at least a little bit abused...
Who says Stephanie didn't do it too? I wouldn't feel jealous. People deal with grief in different ways. Stephanie says she still "talks" to Grace. So Caroline feels close to Grace by trying on her dresses, Stephanie feels close to her by "talking" to her.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:38 PM

I agree, Thecia. The sisters will have their own personal ways to feel close to their mother's spirit and they have unique memories too. Stephanie will have her different ways to remember. I honestly don't understand the jealousy thing. Jealous of......? I don't understand that. I'm genuinely perplexed. I don't have a sister, but still, I can't imagine how jealousy is factor.If it was true that Steph was jealous, it wouldn't, imo, be of rational foundation, because, as Thecia says, what stops Stephanie from doing it too?
Old 05-28-2010, 05:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
But I do not think that Caroline forbids Stephanie to do the same, if she wanted to

Pcs Grace was mother for both!!!
Old 06-06-2010, 12:09 AM
Courtier

These two dresses that Charlotte wore to the Dellal wedding look vintage - does anyone have pictures of Princess Caroline wearing these dresses?

http://i50.tinypic.com/503yvc.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/b4ey5u.jpg
Old 06-06-2010, 12:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
These two dresses that Charlotte wore to the Dellal wedding look vintage - does anyone have pictures of Princess Caroline wearing these dresses?

http://i50.tinypic.com/503yvc.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/b4ey5u.jpg
The first photo of Charlotte with Vanina Mandelli is from Vanina's wedding. But this one, from the civil ceremony, looks vintage-ish but in more of a modern way. According to our Empress Merel, Caroline wore the second in '78. I don't know if she has a pic though.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:32 AM

The yellow one (from Mandelli wedding) looks like something Caroline might have worn in the 80s.... The one from the Dellal wedding looks like something vintage too. I love the one from the dellal wedding... I can't answer the mystery, though. I am so impressed by Charlotte's 'look' in the pics from the Dellal wedding. Whenever I see her with that family, it's so cool because she seems so much integrated in their groove. They seem to really love her, and she them. I used to have doubts about her 'future' with Alex. Lately, I am coming to feel that they may have a serious 'future'. Some people on the forums had initials fears about Alex being like Junot, but I think I might safely assure you he seems as unlike Junot as it's possible to be. I think he has genuine feelings for Charlotte. He's not a user. At least, that is my impression.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:36 AM
Courtier

That yellow one does look like something I've seen Caroline wear before but I can't remember when or where I saw it. But it doesn't look exactly the same. Caroline's worn that many outfits over the years, it's hard to tell. I do agree with you about Charlotte and Alex and Charlotte and the Dellals. She seems like part of their family already. Looks like Charlotte chose well.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by agogo View Post

THIS dress is magnificent. Does anyone have anothe picture???
Old 06-07-2010, 07:11 AM
Royal Highness

No, it's still the only one available.

Closed Thread