The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 04-08-2010, 05:27 AM
azure's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: here and there, Greece
Posts: 1,049
Thank you a lot cdm!!
__________________

__________________
Life is to be explored
  #22  
Old 04-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Września, Poland
Posts: 144
I just can't stand how thin she is! didn't you notice it?I don't know why is that.Maybe it's becouse of her lifestyle?
__________________

__________________
  #23  
Old 04-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Empress Merel's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,209
She is friends with people who are known for their obsession with skinny. *coughs* Karl Lagerfeld....

Charlotte lacks curves in general.
__________________
  #24  
Old 04-08-2010, 03:31 PM
azure's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: here and there, Greece
Posts: 1,049
When she was younger, 15 years old or in the period between 2005 till 07 she had the perfect body!
__________________
Life is to be explored
  #25  
Old 04-08-2010, 04:20 PM
Horseygal's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 1,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
When she was younger, 15 years old or in the period between 2005 till 07 she had the perfect body!
UH - who doesn't as a teen have the perfect body....pre child birth!! Now, she has her mother's genes, so once she does have kids....unless she's totally lazy and over eats (not likely), she'll bounce back and look thin/healthy for life..... pre- and post-child birth....
__________________
  #26  
Old 04-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
She had a very nice body when she was with Felix aswell.
Well, she'll never have a really beautiful body because it doesn't run in the family. Both Caroline and Stéphanie have an ugly body shape: no hips, no breast, broad shoulders, and she has inherited it, but for a period, three or four years ago she was kind of curvy and womanly and healthily thin at the same time.
But then all the stupid rumors about her been pregnant started, because oh my god, she had a bit of a tummy... Lately she's always been unnaturally thin.
__________________
  #27  
Old 04-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Thecia's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere, Spain
Posts: 503
Well, Caroline has hips now that she's older (I think were I in a less kind mood I'd call it middle-aged spread) but she's never really been known for having a bombshell figure (I assume that's what you're referring to when you say "really beautiful body"). Neither was Grace. You can't blame her for having her mother's genes. Stephanie's got a nicer, more shapely figure since she had "the surgery" but it's still not great. It's still more "straight up and down" than having curves. But Empress is right, I don't think hanging around with Karl Lagerfeld does much for that family. He seems to be of the school of thought that women should be skinny no matter what. Which isn't the way it works. Men are supposed to be the skinny, flat, straight up and down ones, not women. I think in some way both Caroline and Charlotte have had it drilled into them that being shapely and curvy isn't right. Caroline was a little bit heavier before she got married but then Junot told her she was fat so she lost it all. And then there was Caroline seeing how depressed Grace got when she put on a few pounds during menopause (which, by the way, is natural). So I think it's been sublimated to her to always be thin. I don't like how thin both of them appear at times. Particularly Caroline - she has this thing where if she loses too much weight she looks bony (particularly around her legs and her chest). I'm not saying either of them are anorexic but I think there's a difference between keeping a healthy weight and being skinny at all costs.
__________________
  #28  
Old 04-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: columbia, United States
Posts: 554
Well, some women are naturally thin and curveless, so I don't know if any of us are "supposed" to have a certain type of figure. However, it's obvious that Charlotte is taking precautions to look this way. She looked her healthiest and most natural between 2005-2007 when she first started dating Alex, then she seemed to get bony skinny. I don't know what it is, but I'm reluctant to blame her crowd. Eugenie, Tatiana, Margherita all have very healthy-looking bodies. I do agree however that they all need to ditch Karl fast. His designs are WAY overrated and he just seems like such a sourpuss to be around. I mean, the man HATES everything. Food, children, fat people, Diane von Furstenburg (who hates her???), microwaves, I could go on...
__________________
  #29  
Old 04-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Surrey, United Kingdom
Posts: 82
I think charlotte is a bit naturally skinny, we have all seen pictures of her ever since she was a child, how slim she was, when she was a toddler and when she was in her teens: she was slim, so i don't really see what the big fuzz is all about, though I have to agree that maybe Karl Lagerfeld isn't a very good influence for the family, he seems so uptight and pretencious
__________________
  #30  
Old 04-09-2010, 05:45 AM
azure's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: here and there, Greece
Posts: 1,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseygal View Post
UH - who doesn't as a teen have the perfect body....pre child birth!! Now, she has her mother's genes, so once she does have kids....unless she's totally lazy and over eats (not likely), she'll bounce back and look thin/healthy for life..... pre- and post-child birth....
Unfortunately there are many fat kids in those ages. I mean they don't eat healthily and unfortunately don't follow a healthy diet.
I hope the same.

I think that she bcame very thin again when she started horse riding.
In between the 2005-2007 years, that (yes - i'll say it again) were my favourites 'cause she had a top body there,
Also those 3 years she hadn't taken part in any races and obviously she had stopped riding.
__________________
Life is to be explored
  #31  
Old 04-09-2010, 06:31 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by kells View Post
Well, some women are naturally thin and curveless.
Of course. Charlotte and Caroline are naturally curveless. But they are not naturally thin. Caroline has an age when it is natural to put on some weight (my mother always says: "There is an age when you have too choose between the face or the ass. I choose the face")
But Charlotte is 23. You can tell that she is not naturally thin because her face doesn't look good, her head is too big, her legs look like sticks, etc. She is more herself when she has a few more kilos, like she had when she went out with Felix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kells View Post
so I don't know if any of us are "supposed" to have a certain type of figure
Oh, I understood what Thecia meant. Of course we are not supposed to look a certain way because society tells us, but there is a natural truth and that's that most women are curvy (specially around the mediterranean) and most men are straight. I think that what she meant is that fashion tries to convince women that they should look straight (actually they produce fashion items like slim jeans than look better in thin shapeless bodies) while that's not normal or natural for most women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kells View Post
Eugenie, Tatiana, Margherita all have very healthy-looking bodies.
I don't really agree about that. Margherita does have a thin healthy body but she is not Charlotte pal. We've only seen them together at some fashion events.
Eugenie is extremelly thin and Tatiana, while she has a better body than Charlotte, is thiner than she should be for her body time. I mean, you look at her body and she is o.k. much better than Charlotte, but when you look at her face you see she is emaciated, it's too hollow and bony. So, naturally, she should have some more weight.
Beatrice Borromeo is different. She does have a natural thin body. And for a thin girl she is curvy. She looks healthy and her face looks beautiful because she looks the way her body is asking her to look.
__________________
  #32  
Old 04-09-2010, 06:34 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibeth77 View Post
I think charlotte is a bit naturally skinny, we have all seen pictures of her ever since she was a child, how slim she was, when she was a toddler and when she was in her teens:
As a rule every toddler, child, teenager in this world who doesn't eat tons of grease and pre-cooked food is thin. It doesn't mean this person is going to be thin as an adult. But children and teenagers are naturally thin because their bodies burn a lot of energy growing and playing.
Nowadays you see many plump children, even in countries were that wasn't normal 10 years ago, because their parents don't cook proper food for them and the kids sit the whole day in front of the tv or the computer, but the casiraghes growed up in a period were 99% of french children were still thin because they played in the street and ate home made food. I'm sure they had someone who cooked proper meals for them and we know they have always done a lot of exercise.
__________________
  #33  
Old 04-09-2010, 07:01 AM
Thecia's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere, Spain
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
Oh, I understood what Thecia meant. Of course we are not supposed to look a certain way because society tells us, but there is a natural truth and that's that most women are curvy (specially around the mediterranean) and most men are straight. I think that what she meant is that fashion tries to convince women that they should look straight (actually they produce fashion items like slim jeans than look better in thin shapeless bodies) while that's not normal or natural for most women.
That's exactly what I meant. I've grown up on the Mediterranean all my life - particularly in Spain - with beautiful, curvy women who were proud of their bodies. I know women come in all shapes and sizes but women naturally have curves that men don't. What I don't like is the fashion industry, spurred on by people like Karl, telling women that the only way to be acceptable is to be thin. Most of the men I know would far prefer a woman with curves than a women with bones and there are far more important things in life than your body image. I think that's something - not to put women from elsewhere down - that European women generally know very well is that confidence doesn't usually come from what you look like but how you feel. I'm not saying this is something that either Caroline or Charlotte lack (although we can comment on what we see in pictures) but I think Caroline seems to have issues of self worth. Not huge ones (I usually love how confident and regal she looks) but the fact that she's hardly ever been without a man says something about her IMO. Perhaps if she would take a little time to learn to love herself she wouldn't be so hung up on the way she looks. Looks don't last forever but the stuff you have inside of you - confidence, self worth and a love of self - lasts forever.
__________________
  #34  
Old 04-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Horseygal's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 1,174
"Looks don't last forever but the stuff you have inside of you - confidence, self worth and a love of self - lasts forever" - Thecia

You NAILED it Thecia!! Yes, miserable people like Karl Lagerfeld (who used to be chubby - look at older pics from the '80s) who drive the need for the size 0 model have an impact on SOME people. You can be a size 14 and be healthy - could you afford to lose some pounds, probably (depending on your height), but I cannot imagine having NO body fat or muscle is good for anyone.....Riding definitely is a great work out for the muscles (arms, abs, legs, butt), so if Charlotte rides the rest of her life (she's only in her 20s), she'll always be in shape, and bounce back quickly after child birth.....which is waaay off in the future, most likely!
__________________
  #35  
Old 04-09-2010, 10:13 AM
azure's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: here and there, Greece
Posts: 1,049
Beatrice Borromeo is the epitome of beauty in my humble opinion!
__________________
Life is to be explored
  #36  
Old 04-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: columbia, United States
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post


I don't really agree about that. Margherita does have a thin healthy body but she is not Charlotte pal. We've only seen them together at some fashion events.
Eugenie is extremelly thin and Tatiana, while she has a better body than Charlotte, is thiner than she should be for her body time. I mean, you look at her body and she is o.k. much better than Charlotte, but when you look at her face you see she is emaciated, it's too hollow and bony. So, naturally, she should have some more weight.
Beatrice Borromeo is different. She does have a natural thin body. And for a thin girl she is curvy. She looks healthy and her face looks beautiful because she looks the way her body is asking her to look.
Never once did I claim that Margherita and Charlotte are besty bestest galpals. I didn't even IMPLY it. I said "her crowd." Margherita is definitely in her crowd. Just because they've only been photographed together a handful of times means nothing. There is no doubt that Margherita and Char cross paths more than occasionally, considering Marg, Eugenie, and Tatiana are very close, plus Margherita has dated Ernst Junior for ages.

Secondly, Eugenie is many things---don't get me wrong, I'm not even that fond of the girl---but she is not "extremely thin". You make it sound like the girl is emaciated! She's what I would call naturally slender. If you look at her legs, quite unlike Charlotte's, they have a full shape to them. Case in point: Eugenie Niarchos - Page 46 - the Fashion Spot

I'm gonna assume that you mean Tatiana's weight is low for her height, which I wouldn't agree with either. How much exactly "should" she weigh? Because her weight looks just fine/normal to me. For her body type and for her height. Her face does not seem emaciated either. Seriously? I really need to see the pictures you're looking at, because I just don't see it at all. Tatiana Santo Domingo - Page 22 - the Fashion Spot
These are the most recent pics of her. What the heck are you talking about? Her face isn't thin and her cheeks aren't sunken in...so...

And for the record, I'm an avid supporter of women in the media reflecting realistic body types.
__________________
  #37  
Old 04-17-2010, 07:35 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
There is a new mention of Charlotte in this article:
Polly Morgan: death becomes her | Life & Style

The artist Polly Morgan is an up-and-coming star of the London art world, promoted by the likes of Damien Hirst. Alex Dellal bought one of her works, a coffin, which he ordered in small-size.

Quote:
And then there's the coffin, which neither of us has mentioned yet.

She has been reworking one to order for the artist and dealer Alex Dellal, who wanted it the same, only smaller. Smaller? I ask, horrified, like a child's coffin? 'I know,' says Polly. 'When it was finished, and Alex's girlfriend saw it, she said she didn't want it in their bedroom.' Alex's girlfriend, for the record, is Charlotte Casiraghi, Princess Grace of Monaco's granddaughter. 'I thought she was quite right. It looked like a child's coffin. What am I becoming, Cruella de Vil?' She sighs.
So I guess we now have confirmation that Alex and Charlotte live together.
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
  #38  
Old 04-17-2010, 08:04 PM
Nathalie Cox's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: in a corner of ..., Argentina
Posts: 2,702
Thanks CasiraghiTrio! Well spotted! So, we can say they live together
__________________
* * The eyes are the mirror of the soul* *
The Impossible is what the mind can not imagine ...
  #39  
Old 04-18-2010, 12:34 AM
Pixilated's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kailua, United States
Posts: 305
Well finally confirmation that they live together-puts my mind at ease , I had images of Charlotte living in some squat with that dingy Alice...
I think her weight loss is certainly due to Uncle Karl,she wears his designs so much and has to fit in the samples.Same with Caroline in the 80s,she got so thin.Although she does look quite toned now from all her riding.
__________________

viva l'amour!
  #40  
Old 04-19-2010, 05:23 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 25,902
Charlotte Casiraghi shopping before meeting up with her boyfriend
Alex Dellal and her brother Pierre Casiraghi for a dinner, April 18,
2010, Paris, France.


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** zimbio gallery **
__________________

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Beatrix, Current Events 5 (November 2008 - August 2010) Marengo Current Events Archive 397 08-03-2010 09:19 AM
Danish Royal Family, Current Events 2: March 2008 - April 2010 GlitteringTiaras Current Events Archive 371 04-24-2010 11:47 AM
Andrea Casiraghi Current Events Part 14: Sep.2008 - April 2010 Zonk Current Events Archive 481 04-04-2010 02:44 AM
Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 33: July 2009 - March 2010 Zonk Current Events Archive 481 03-19-2010 11:20 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince floris prince joachim prince laurent prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess elisabeth princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:35 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]