The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #281  
Old 08-25-2010, 05:21 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ......, Argentina
Posts: 1,383
I have the impression she has not done a great deal with her life, and she´s already 24 years old. But, in her position, this is the easiest way. You are rich, you don´t have to make an effort to make a living, and she chose the laziest, more practical way. Why not the other way, why not make the effort and build a career? Because some people are born with ambition, in the best sense, some are not. The Casiraghi´s belong to the second group. None of them seems to stand out in anything the do. It is a pity.
I´m sure they have studied because of their mother´s advice. but to excel, you have to feel passion for what you do. Just think of most of the places were they are photographed: parties of course. They are not above the ordinary royalty members who go from holidays to parties and so on.
__________________

  #282  
Old 08-25-2010, 09:17 AM
sugarbaby318's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 581
Honestly I think that the "interviewer" really didn't get to interview Charlotte at all. It seems like the article was to promote Gucci's line with Charlotte and Charlotte had to answer a few questions because the lady asked them, but she was reluctant to talk about her personal life, which is understandable. Thus the flippant answers.

The article should have just been about Gucci's line and had pictures of Charlotte and then it wouldn't have seemed so weak. I know we all want an in-depth interview with Charlotte because she seems so mysterious, but I don't think we will ever get anything like that. She values her privacy too much. Just my opinion.
__________________

  #283  
Old 08-25-2010, 12:36 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
I have the impression she has not done a great deal with her life, and she´s already 24 years old. But, in her position, this is the easiest way. You are rich, you don´t have to make an effort to make a living, and she chose the laziest, more practical way. Why not the other way, why not make the effort and build a career? Because some people are born with ambition, in the best sense, some are not. The Casiraghi´s belong to the second group. None of them seems to stand out in anything the do. It is a pity.
I´m sure they have studied because of their mother´s advice. but to excel, you have to feel passion for what you do. Just think of most of the places were they are photographed: parties of course. They are not above the ordinary royalty members who go from holidays to parties and so on.
This post touches on something..... I agree, and disagree.... I think Pierre certainly fits your model: handed a private university edu, which he doesn't finish (though he came so close, and failed/repeated his exams almost the whole way through) and then handed majority shares of his father's company. But this not very "Casiraghi" because the Casiraghi family (Stefano's parents, siblings, and their children) are really in your first group! Marco and Rosalba and Daniele, and Afra, and Fernanda Jr and Marzia, and Gaia, etc. They are all workers, even though born to the manor, so to speak. And as you said, Caroline certainly was never a slacker. It is perhaps a wonder that Pierre didn't imbibe more of that spirit. And then, for Andrea.... well, I think he does what he does largely because of his mother. he talks about how she inspires him, motivates him. I think Charlotte has a desire to distinguish herself as a true "professional" of something, but she gives me the impression of not quite knowing how to do it! I wonder if she eventually gains a distaste for something when she is too publicized. They made a great splash for Ever Manifesto, which second issue is expected in November this year! I don't know....... sometimes, if something is too easy to gain, too easy to achieve, it means very little, it excites little passion or excitement. Maybe Pierre should have started in the mailroom, and Charlotte as a copy aide at ABOVE instead o "editor-at-large"!


Charlotte y amigas no Rio de Janeiro -- I think those pics from the beach were from yesterday. Today Charlotte must have done the vet check for Tintero at the equestrian center. She will be riding Tintero only for this event.
  #284  
Old 08-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,457
Charlotte has a job. Working for PA. She has to get approval before she does anything not related to Monaco. That limits what she can do.
  #285  
Old 08-25-2010, 05:53 PM
Thecia's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere, Spain
Posts: 503
...Working for PA doing what? When was this suggested and/or proven? (Though much on this board is circumstantial, I grant you )
I think we need to give them some time to define themselves. I think in the culture we exist in today, very few people know immediately who they are anymore - I think because the world isn't as clear cut as it used to be and because they are swamped with choices that didn't exist in their parents day. That's just my opinion. They could have done better but let's face it - they could have done worse too.
  #286  
Old 08-25-2010, 06:30 PM
Nathalie Cox's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: in a corner of ..., Argentina
Posts: 2,698
Well...i like Charlotte.
That being said, i start:
For me, she is a sociliate that doesn't want to be recognized as one, but she does nothing to stop it. She has a..."career" in horse jumping, she is starting, she says she wants to be a pro, but when i see pics of her, i see her laying on the beach, with friends. It's ok, you can do that, there's nothing wrong with it, but instead of wasting time in the beach, why doesn't she go pratice so she can be closer to become a pro?

Her socialite period, 2007-2008, marked her (i don't want to sound dramatic, but i think it's the true) for life. She will always be recognized as Princess Caroline's daughter, Grace Kelly's beautiful grandaughter. She really, REALLY has to work hard in whatever area she wants to be good at, so she will be Charlotte Casiraghi, professional horse rider, or Charlotte Casiraghi, professional journalist.

Again, this is my opinion, i'm nobody to tell Charlotte what to do with her life.
__________________
* * The eyes are the mirror of the soul* *
The Impossible is what the mind can not imagine ...
  #287  
Old 08-25-2010, 06:59 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Bouche d'Or View Post
True, besides being really sweet, charming and somewhat intelligent, there might be not so many things special about her. To me, she seems a bit too uptight about her background and stuff. For some reason, she doesn't want to admit to being just like other privileged socialites that she honestly is.

Sometimes I get the impression that her name, family and her face overwhelm her a bit, in a way that they create something she can't really live up to. So her way out of it, is somewhat isolating, keeping a low profile. That's how people start to fantasize like crazy about her, but here might not be this much there.
Honestly...how do we know that she is "really sweet and charming?" We only ever see her interact with her friends and family, and it is easy to be affectionate and carefree around people we care about.

I think it's normal to project certain things on people that we don't know...for example because someone is beautiful,people will also often assume that person is good, or has a great character...which unfortunately is not always the case.

Charlotte has beauty and lineage and intelligence...happy accidents of birth which she had NOTHING to do with. She is still very young and her character is forming...just like her mother at the same age.

I admired Princess Caroline for her beauty and style, just as I now admire her strength and courage through adversity, and her social conscience.

It may take a while before we can ascertain if Charlotte has anything truly worthwhile or admirable about her.
  #288  
Old 08-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
Well, one thing is certain about the Casiraghis. Considering their social background the 3 of them seem extraordinarily balanced people. They could be shallow, narcisistic, cold... but they seem very caring, and family anchored and warm people.
Not just because of what we see in their pictures.
Take Andrea. In his late teens early twenties he was probably the number one eligible bachelor in Europe. Rich, famous, handsome... He wasn't the best student in the world, maybe, but most people in his situation would had been dating wanabee models and spectacular actresses. He could have had amazingly beautiful women. But he settled down, in his early twenties with plain Tatiana. Who may be sweet and caring and love him very much but is not exactly beautiful. Most people in their early twenties aren't ready to settle down. I'm not sure it is even healthy to settle down so young. But for a 20 year old guy who could have has so many beautiful women as Andrea to pick Tatiana... well, that means something.

Pierre did pic a beautiful girl. But he could have had any number os shallow empty headed girls infatuated with his money and name. Instead he picked Beatrice: opinionated, sure of herself, intelligent, belligerant, with strong political opinions... that's not the choice of a shallow or stupid guy. That's the choice of someone with a strong personaly who likes his women as strong as he is.

And then, there is Charlotte. Felix was kind of cute, but also kind of bland. he wasn't exactly handsome. And Alex, well, people don't like him because he isn't an extrovert but come on, the guy is british! You surely don't expect huge public displays of afection from a british guy. And in any case he is far from handsome.. He's got like an eye looking to Alaska and another one to Meca. And he is interested in art an culture.

So, they probably aren't special or interesting, and they don't do anything worth talking to with their lives. But the casiraghis look to me like 3 very balanced people with good furnished heads and even a bit too serious for their age.
  #289  
Old 08-25-2010, 11:22 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecia View Post
They could have done better but let's face it - they could have done worse too.
Cool! C'est vrai. And the party has only begun!
  #290  
Old 08-26-2010, 07:08 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Cool! C'est vrai. And the party has only begun!
I think maybe part of the problem is that when an interview like this is seen, people start to think that this girl who we have seen pictures of for 24 years and who we feel we almost know, is actually nothing like what we had imagined.

We don't know this girl beyond being able to see her beautiful and this article isn't going to tell us anymore about her. However I think the fact that people are annoyed because she doesn't have the personality they have 'projected' on her is unfair. What exactly is she supposed to be like? Maybe she isn't that clever, or that funny, maybe she is petulant, rude, has a temper. We are definitely not the people to know.
  #291  
Old 08-26-2010, 07:56 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Baldwin, United States
Posts: 1
Charlotte is 24 years old. All of this talk about how she should be focused upon or engaged in some important endeavor is really a bit absurd. Most "regular" people don't even begin to come into their own until they are almost 30. People, in their 20's, are really still trying to figure out who they are. She's smart. She was diligent in school and she is a competitor. Those traits suggest that she simply requires more time and less scrutiny.

I can't imagine how difficult it might be to live my entire life, before a camera.
I grant that she has much privelege and financial capability, but people are people.

As for the photoshop pics, they are quite awful. Obviously her right hand was in place to entice her horse with treats. However, that photoshop job was amateur, at best.
  #292  
Old 08-26-2010, 08:02 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbiwa View Post
Charlotte is 24 years old. All of this talk about how she should be focused upon or engaged in some important endeavor is really a bit absurd. Most "regular" people don't even begin to come into their own until they are almost 30. People, in their 20's, are really still trying to figure out who they are. She's smart. She was diligent in school and she is a competitor. Those traits suggest that she simply requires more time and less scrutiny.

I can't imagine how difficult it might be to live my entire life, before a camera.
I grant that she has much privelege and financial capability, but people are people.
You are fully right. She has the chance to do what every people would like to do, TRY DIFFERENT THINKS! Let her do it.
  #293  
Old 08-26-2010, 08:36 AM
azure's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: in the world, Germany
Posts: 1,313
There are so many people who live in front of the camera but i have understood that when Char wants to be private she can totally be private. I can hardly remember a picture of her this year going on holidays, except for the latest ones. She was in Italy but no picture. And when she was on Pacha..ok. An easy view for the paps. I don't blame her either. We don't need to judge her and no one did here.
It is just a bit weird for me that she has plenty of time - i think - and wishes to become a pro, but she is not very good at riding. And don't start about the pause that she had cuz of her school. Riding isn't easy, i know, but she hasn't dedicated much time to it. If she badly wants to be a pro, she really give some time for it. (Oh.. i remember in her interview she gave a year ago with Albert, that she wasn't sure that she wants to be a pro. She just didn't know how she will continue with it in the future - if i remember correclty.How this opinion, about her wanting to be a pro, came suddenly to the surface?) Actually, i am not interested in what she does with her work life. I have better people to look and admire about there proffesions. And yes, she is still very young in order have found her destination. Of course i know people that are 24 and are achieving more things but this depends on the person. I watch her current events because i like her casual style. That's it
__________________
Life is to be explored
  #294  
Old 08-26-2010, 11:32 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: columbia, United States
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Honestly...how do we know that she is "really sweet and charming?" We only ever see her interact with her friends and family, and it is easy to be affectionate and carefree around people we care about.

I think it's normal to project certain things on people that we don't know...for example because someone is beautiful,people will also often assume that person is good, or has a great character...which unfortunately is not always the case.

Charlotte has beauty and lineage and intelligence...happy accidents of birth which she had NOTHING to do with. She is still very young and her character is forming...just like her mother at the same age.
THIS. Absolutely. There's nothing in her behavior to prove that she's any nicer than say Tatiana Santo Domingo, but who gets ragged on constantly and who gets the highest praises?
  #295  
Old 08-26-2010, 11:34 AM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,329
Its time to move on.
__________________
.

  #296  
Old 08-26-2010, 12:02 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,413
Sometimes Charlotte is rude.
Sometimes I am rude.
Sometimes she feels like crap.
Sometimes I feel like crap.
Sometimes she feels like smiling.
Sometimes I feel like smiling.

The point is, the lady has moods. Like me. Like.... I think most people.
A photograph is an instant forever frozen in time.
Frown. Smile. Glare. Middle distance. Sneer. Laugh. Kiss!

We cannot define anyone as "good person", "bad person," "petulant', whatever. These are labels, and labels are oversimplified, incomplete stories about people.

If she says something "rude" to a journalist, is she a rude person? No...... She's a person who said a rude thing. You ever said a rude thing in your life? If you say no, you're either in denial or you are lying.
  #297  
Old 08-26-2010, 06:10 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: London / Milano, United Kingdom
Posts: 32
"I have the impression she has not done a great deal with her life, and she´s already 24 years old."

What? That's the craziest thing I've ever read - give her a chance! Perhaps it's different in Argentina but pretty much everyone I know in Europe views their 20's as the time to have fun & figure out who they are & what they really want to do with their life - they have 50/60 years of being a proper adult ahead of them. Even my older Brothers friends who are in their late 20's early 30's are still bumming around the world trying to figure life out & what they want to do with it.

It's very easy to judge people; but only once you've walked a mile in their shoes. Sometimes when you have great wealth [or even just wealth] & every opportunity & option is open too you it can become incredibly overwhelming to the point where it paralyses you. I know so many people from high school in NYC & friends from here in London who are perfectly capable of achieving everything, went to good colleges yet choose to live off trust funds & it usually comes down to them having to many choices & they just can't figure what to do ... yeah, it's the easy option but it's their choice nonetheless.
  #298  
Old 08-26-2010, 06:17 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: columbia, United States
Posts: 559
It's like they say, "To who much is given, much is expected." I guess that's what it all boils downs to. We expect alot from her perhaps because she has alot of opportunities? I don't know. We'll all just have to see.

And just to clarify, I was commenting on the fact that Charlotte seems to get a free pass sometimes, and that it seems people attribute certain qualities to her based on her looks. I don't know the attitudes or personalities of Charlotte or Tatiana. I was just saying.
  #299  
Old 08-27-2010, 05:16 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ......, Argentina
Posts: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucianap View Post
"I have the impression she has not done a great deal with her life, and she´s already 24 years old."

What? That's the craziest thing I've ever read - give her a chance! Perhaps it's different in Argentina but pretty much everyone I know in Europe views their 20's as the time to have fun & figure out who they are & what they really want to do with their life - they have 50/60 years of being a proper adult ahead of them. Even my older Brothers friends who are in their late 20's early 30's are still bumming around the world trying to figure life out & what they want to do with it.
Of course, if your mom and dad can support you, you may have fun until you are 40, your brothers, Charlotte and everyone. Things are not diffrerent in Argentina, things are like this in REAL life. In real life, people have to make a career and get a job in their 20´s. And I doubt the Casiraghi´s know what it is. So, it´s my opinion, I will appreciate you don´t add expressions like "craziest" or similar, just because you don´t share them.

In fact, i am not expecting anything from the Casiraghi´s. They are not different from most royals, they live from what they have inherited.
  #300  
Old 08-27-2010, 08:36 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
Well, we shouldn't be unfair
There is nothing wrong on living on what you have inherited. Most of us would do the same if we had the chance (I know for certain I would).

What I find irritating is people living on inherited money and pretending to pass as normal working people or good profesionals. There is nothing wrong with not having a job if you don't need one. What's silly is trying to make excuses or pretend to be as good in any task as someone who devotes her life to it.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Beatrix, Current Events 5 (November 2008 - August 2010) Marengo Current Events Archive 397 08-03-2010 10:19 AM
Danish Royal Family, Current Events 2: March 2008 - April 2010 GlitteringTiaras Current Events Archive 371 04-24-2010 12:47 PM
Andrea Casiraghi Current Events Part 14: Sep.2008 - April 2010 Zonk Current Events Archive 481 04-04-2010 03:44 AM
Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 33: July 2009 - March 2010 Zonk Current Events Archive 481 03-19-2010 12:20 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece haakon kate middleton king abdullah ii king abdullah in australia king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander madeleine member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 sheikh hamdan bin mohammed state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:47 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises