The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 09:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
THAT is how I feel. I'm more on your track than any other that has been put forward in response to the Vogue interview. It was put toward the back of the magazine. It's purpose was to show Charlotte in Gucci riding clothes. It wasn't even to promote Ever Manifesto. It's purpose is to make her fit the image of glamour as a Monegasque and as a granddaughter of Grace, etc. So these are the themes of the article: her beauty, her being granddaughter of Grace, her being the new equestrian muse of Gucci. They weren't too interested in talking about sustainability and ethics in fashion -- although those things are great, and they squeeze that in because it gives her another cool point. But they weren't going to ask about her dead father, or her dead grandmother, and it's anyone's guess if she would have talked about that anyway. She did it for Gucci. Period.

I like her comment on Alex and the internet. It was honest, like someone else said. It was maybe a bit rude, but it was an honest response. "a sigh" and "you can look it up" or something.

I was also interested in the answer she gave about where she lives. "It's so so hard...." living out of designer luggage, etc.

My impression of her is not changed. I like her as well as ever. She is human.
Well, seen it from that angle, i guess you are right. She is a sweet girl after all (i can remember being shy in her television interview of last year) it just that that response, shocked me a little.
But again, you are right, it was for fashion, Gucci, and not anything else. She must be sad that anyone can actually find a lot of info about her boyfriend on the net.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
^^ Because it is a waste of opportunity and they make her come off as a girl with rich and famous parents who got it all handed out which is not the case. Please, Halle Berry is on the cover and why is she relevant to us? Because she broke up with her baby father and she is now a single parent? That is a waste of paper. But US Vogue has been dissapointing with celebs for many years. Vogue Paris all the way.
I MUCH prefer Paris Vogue...US Vogue seems to stick some starlet on it's cover every month(Halle Berry, Gwyneth Paltrow) and I simply couldn't care less about these women.

Paris Vogue is much more cosmopolitan and glamorous.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:16 AM
Royal Highness

I would assume Charlotte did the article/photos because she has to do a certain amount of press for her Gucci deal. Her response to the boyfriend question was spot on IMO. Why should she be defined by who she's dating? What revelance does it have on the topic at hand (ie her riding and her deal with Gucci)? If I were editor, I'd flip Charlotte and Halle Berry - give Char the cover and a longer interview and give Halle 2-3 pages at the back of the magazine. Char's story had much more fashion relevance than Halle's, but then Anna was probably trying to score points with the critics who claim there's never any black people in Vogue.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:47 AM
Serene Highness

The question about her boyfriend was silly, cheap gossip. You can not call, this an interview, of course. It was probably a couple of questions while making the pictures. But the answer was rude. After all, not everything you find on internet is true, so why send the interviewer to look up on internet. She could have just said a few lines.

Actually, what would you ask Charlotte? Are there really interesting questions to ask her? Only a couple come to my mind.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I MUCH prefer Paris Vogue...US Vogue seems to stick some starlet on it's cover every month(Halle Berry, Gwyneth Paltrow) and I simply couldn't care less about these women.

Paris Vogue is much more cosmopolitan and glamorous.
Rumor has it that Blake Lively will be on the cover for the third time. That says enough about the quality of US Vogue.

Carine put an actress on the cover this month too but that is Marion Cotillard. Talented beyond belief, interesting and super nice. Anna had Marion on her cover too, but US shot her by Mario Testino and Paris by Mert Alas and Marcus Pignot. That's the difference and that's why Paris is always better. They make every shot a work of art.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
they make her come off as a girl with rich and famous parents who got it all handed out .

Well, that's what she is. A girl with rich and famous parents who got it all handed out. Otherwise, a girl who didn't even finished her 4 year college education and has no training or education whatsoever as a journalist would never have the chances she had.
And witouth her mother's name a rider of her level would never ride such horse, never have a Gucci sponsorship and neve be on Vogue.
That's what interesting about her, and the only things that make her special: her money and her mother.
She's done nothing with her life worth talking about (I'm not criticizing her, 99'9% of people have done nothing worth talking about in the presse at 24 years old).
Her riding? For God's sake sh'es not Zara Phillips! She's just an average amateur like thousands of other people in France. She's not specially skilled and she'll never be a pro. The only reason she's in Vogue with her horses is, well, that she is a girl with rich and famous parents and that's made her cut a deal with Gucci much better riders than her would never get. (still, not critizing, but really, her riding career has not interest at all because she doesn't have one)

Her one issue magazine? Well, the girl wrote a couple of bad articles (from a journalistic point of view) and an very bad interview, and they went to press because being the daughter of rich and famous parents she had the money the contacts and media coverage. It was nearly a year ago. Most students write amateurish magazines like that while in college.

The fact is, her life is not interesting for anyone who is not already fascinated by her because of her beauty, her money or her family. Of course, the article focussed on the things that make her special what makes her interesting for the general public. Her amateurish 1 number magazine and her amateurish sportmanship don't make her special in any way. Most 24 year olds do similar things.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:16 AM
Serene Highness

As I understand it, in the US, models are more costly, so many editors moved toward actresses. US audience is different - some of the younger audience that enjoys Vogue want to see actresses/celebrities, rather than supermodels...I like both French and US Vogue - it's like reading 2 different magazines.....
Old 08-24-2010, 10:07 AM
Courtier

I have to say...I'd rather see Halle Berry on the cover than some scary thin model sucking in her cheeks, although Wintour probably wouldn't mind that either were she given the chance to do it... And Carine has been on my crap list ever since that stunt she pulled with the model in black face, but I digress.

As to why I find the article uninteresting--pretty much because it told me nothing I didn't already know and because it makes her seem like every other heirress out there. Perhaps that's true. Perhaps she isn't all that distinguishable from Niarchos, Santo-Domingo, or Missoni at the core of it all, but she is substantially more interesting on paper--IMO--than those other girls. For one thing, she's got a famous grandmother. Would it have been too hard for them to ask her one question about Grace Kelly? She regularly competes in jumping, sure alot of rich girls do, but if you have a passion for something, trust me, it will translate. And Gucci is tied to her equestrian hobbies, isn't it? So that would be something to ask her about, what is it about jumping that she loves so much. Yeah, eventing's dangerous but anybody involved in equestrian sport could have told me that.

Don't get me wrong, I see the opposite viewpoint, as well. It was little more than a photo op and if its purpose was to make us see how good she looked in equestrian gear, well done I suppose. Over and out.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Heres the thing...in the United States fashion magazines sell with actress/celebrities/music stars on the cover than actual models. Its been that way for a while now.

So while I am sure everyone on this forum would have loved to see Charlotte on the cover, the US masses would be like who is this person and despite being the famed September issue, it might have been a low seller. And its all about the money folks! Anna Wintour knows that people will buy the magazine with Halle Berry on the cover or any supermodel rather than Charlotte.

And I agree that it might have been prudent to ask Charlotte a question about her family at least as it relates to the fashion style icon of both her mother and grandmother. A question such as this....Both your late grandmother and mother are well known as fashion style icons. What is your style OR do you think that your grandmother's style has played a role in your mother life and has your mother's style has played a role in the way you dress or something like that.

And frankly I would have been annoyed that the reporter did no research prior to talking to me. I mean, Charlotte probably didn't want to focus on her love life but could you do a little research! Is that what it has come down to now....no fact checkers and people don't research their topics?

Old 08-24-2010, 10:54 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Heres the thing...in the United States fashion magazines sell with actress/celebrities/music stars on the cover than actual models. Its been that way for a while now.

So while I am sure everyone on this forum would have loved to see Charlotte on the cover, the US masses would be like who is this person and despite being the famed September issue, it might have been a low seller. And its all about the money folks! Anna Wintour knows that people will buy the magazine with Halle Berry on the cover or any supermodel rather than Charlotte.

And I agree that it might have been prudent to ask Charlotte a question about her family at least as it relates to the fashion style icon of both her mother and grandmother. A question such as this....Both your late grandmother and mother are well known as fashion style icons. What is your style OR do you think that your grandmother's style has played a role in your mother life and has your mother's style has played a role in the way you dress or something like that.

And frankly I would have been annoyed that the reporter did no research prior to talking to me. I mean, Charlotte probably didn't want to focus on her love life but could you do a little research! Is that what it has come down to now....no fact checkers and people don't research their topics?
Well said Zonk...couldn't agree more.....
Old 08-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Courtier

I'm thinking the author did do research. The question "Alex who?" was probably an attempt to draw her out on her private life. It didn't work but the author probably included as a representation of what they felt was Charlotte's character. Someone who doesn't really pay attention to names, who's as normal as possible. Just my opinion.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseygal View Post
As I understand it, in the US, models are more costly, so many editors moved toward actresses. US audience is different - some of the younger audience that enjoys Vogue want to see actresses/celebrities, rather than supermodels...I like both French and US Vogue - it's like reading 2 different magazines.....
Yep. Two completely different magazines, indeed. As different as their EICs!
Old 08-24-2010, 01:56 PM
Aristocracy

Charlotte in Rio

Hey there! Does anybody have pictures from Charlotte in Rio? They just came out. The ones I've seen were taken on the 23rd when she was at the beach. I'd be really thankful if someone posted those: LONG------------.-------------------.---------------------------------★ CHARLOTTE -casiraghi----.------------[171] COURS - pomeline's blog - °• Charlotte Casiraghi - Skyrock.com

Thanks in advance! :)
Old 08-24-2010, 04:57 PM
Serene Highness

Nice pictures - is that Tatiana w/her, too (not sure who the other woman is)?
Old 08-24-2010, 06:02 PM

^I Think the lady in (very nice) black bikini is Alexia Niedzielski. The other girl looks so familiar but I can't think of her name. They are interesting pics. Is the guy trying to get them to donate for or buy something?
Old 08-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Courtier

^ Idk. It almost looks like he has jewelry that they are looking at. Wonder if they bought any?
Old 08-24-2010, 11:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Rumor has it that Blake Lively will be on the cover for the third time. That says enough about the quality of US Vogue.

Carine put an actress on the cover this month too but that is Marion Cotillard. Talented beyond belief, interesting and super nice. Anna had Marion on her cover too, but US shot her by Mario Testino and Paris by Mert Alas and Marcus Pignot. That's the difference and that's why Paris is always better. They make every shot a work of art.
I wouldn't know who Blake Lively was if my life depended on it. And Halle Berry is undeniably beautiful, but I don't care about her, her child, or her child's father, either.

US Vogue is simply a waste of money, IMO.

However, I do agree with the poster who said there are only a limited number of things to talk to Charlotte about...beyond her extraordinary beauty and her lineage, she appears to be very much like the group of young people she hangs out with...not really that "special" after all.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:25 PM

BTW, the two friends with Charlotte are Alexia Niedzielski (black bikini) as I guessed above, and the other one is Luana Duchemin.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
However, I do agree with the poster who said there are only a limited number of things to talk to Charlotte about...beyond her extraordinary beauty and her lineage, she appears to be very much like the group of young people she hangs out with...not really that "special" after all.
True, besides being really sweet, charming and somewhat intelligent, there might be not so many things special about her. To me, she seems a bit too uptight about her background and stuff. For some reason, she doesn't want to admit to being just like other privileged socialites that she honestly is.

Sometimes I get the impression that her name, family and her face overwhelm her a bit, in a way that they create something she can't really live up to. So her way out of it, is somewhat isolating, keeping a low profile. That's how people start to fantasize like crazy about her, but here might not be this much there.

Closed Thread