Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 33: July 2009 - March 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have always believed her to be be smart :). she looks shy, and i love her for it..i played the video again and again just to hear her voice.

ya realy nice but i heard her mothers english interview and shes more of softer voice i think. would love to hear them speak italian. :D

Her interview with Stella McCartney for Above was good. I found the questions a bit redundant but I liked the direction it took. I had to chuckle when she asked if it was OK to use a fur coat if it was owned by your grandmother. :D I'm sure she meant in general but also makes me wonder if she's debated about using her own grandma's fur coats and maybe feeling guilty about even considering it. :D:D

^ Haha I wondered that too. We have pictures of her in multiple fur coats so I don't know...:whistling: I suppose they could be faux fur. Who knows?

I liked the interview too, with Char and Stella. Cute question, but I doubt that Charlotte is going to completely stop with the fur. Besides, her two bffs were at an event recently wearing entire animals on their shoulders and it's not even cold yet. Well, maybe it was wherever they were.:whistling:

I liked the interview too, with Char and Stella. Cute question, but I doubt that Charlotte is going to completely stop with the fur. Besides, her two bffs were at an event recently wearing entire animals on their shoulders and it's not even cold yet. Well, maybe it was wherever they were.:whistling:

Exactly - her mother wears fur, we've seen both Char and Tatiana in fur, so I doubt that she'll stop buying it; she'll also inherit items from Princess Caroline (most likely inherited from Princess Grace), so the fur items will remain in the wardrobe for years to come.....

Her interview with Stella McCartney for Above was good. I found the questions a bit redundant but I liked the direction it took. I had to chuckle when she asked if it was OK to use a fur coat if it was owned by your grandmother. :D I'm sure she meant in general but also makes me wonder if she's debated about using her own grandma's fur coats and maybe feeling guilty about even considering it. :D:D

what website did you see that interview on?

Last edited:
Rdujour is a great site. The layout, maintenance, and content are all very engaging.

Going back a little to August and the charity gala in Valkenswaard, I took a picture of the picture on my phone and here is the result: http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/Chewster05/monaco/gctmiracleafricacharitygala.jpg
Left to right: ?, Princess Caroline, Edwina Alexander, Charlotte, Athina, and singer/UNICEF goodwill ambassador Khadja Nin

Source: My phone via www.globalchampionstour.com

athina onassis must be very tall.....maybe 180cm...:)

Wow Athina is super tall!!! I'd always thought she and Charlotte are the same height... Char and Caroline look great as always.

Princess Charlotte Casiraghi attends the prestigious Fences Horse auction organized by her former trainer, Michel Rozier. Charlotte is hoping to find a successor to her faithful horse, GI Joe. (September 6, 2009 - Photo by Bauer Griffin)

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/POh-N...Fences+auction

I wonder why she is looking for another horse.
I certainly hope not that is just because of the fails lately because then Charlotte is probably oblivious to the number 1 rule; ''when it goes wrong it's always the fault of the rider. Not the horse. He or she is never to blame.''

Or maybe there is no click together or too old or something. I hate such an attitude towards a horse, I really do.

Buy anyway, she's looking great. Love her top.

She looks beautiful! I certainly hope she's not replacing G.I. Joe. Then again, it could be that G is a young horse and she's looking for a more experienced one? Don't know. But she looks cute and I'm glad she's keeping up with her equestrian roots. I mean, it was alright but after a while it gets kind of boring just seeing her at fashion shows and parties and beaches and parties and fashion shows and parties and yachting.

G is not a young horse anymore, in fact. At least not this year with the KWPN since it was the turn to the E this spring.

Charlotte is a beautiful girl. I respect her and her hobby.
The more I see her photos, the more I like her.
Charlotte inherits her beauty from her mother and father.:heart:

Beautiful! I agree with queenofthelight, I respect her and her hobby.
There's no single bad picture of her. Great girl.

G is not a young horse anymore, in fact. At least not this year with the KWPN since it was the turn to the E this spring.

How old is GI Joe? Is he a stallion or gelding? If he's a stallion, that could be part of her troubles. She has never jumped with a stallion before. They are difficult to work with, right? GI Joe is majestic but he might be better for a more experienced rider like Thierry Rozier, who jumps with him also. I know Charlotte has a lot of experience, but she has that long hiatus when she didn't ride at all, so in a way she could be like starting anew.

^She is pointing @ something with her right hand, as if showing it as evidence for her point. She and that man next to her are having an engaging debate. :D

How old is GI Joe? Is he a stallion or gelding? If he's a stallion, that could be part of her troubles. She has never jumped with a stallion before. They are difficult to work with, right? GI Joe is majestic but he might be better for a more experienced rider like Thierry Rozier, who jumps with him also. I know Charlotte has a lot of experience, but she has that long hiatus when she didn't ride at all, so in a way she could be like starting anew.
GI Joe is a gelding. I think, I can't say it exactly because I'm not precisily up to date of the alphabetics. But I think the horses of the year G are nearing or already are at the age of 10 and older.
When you're not jumping professionally it also takes time for a young horse to jump 1.20. And she has started out with Gi Joe at that height so no, it's not a fresh horse anymore.

I think stallions are easier to work with than mares, for example. Stallions are more easy-going than mares. And if Gi Joe isn't producing newcomers it isn't a stallion anymore. It's just not of a use and only a risk when he is not approved by the ascociation. And if you look at his muscles and especially the neck you can see it's a gelding. Stallions have a bigger neck and are more muscles at the front- and the back

Princess Charlotte Casiraghi attends the prestigious Fences Horse auction organized by her former trainer, Michel Rozier. Charlotte is hoping to find a successor to her faithful horse, GI Joe. (September 6, 2009 - Photo by Bauer Griffin)

Beautiful and healthy Charlotte.

She eats strawberry pie, she drinks champagne, she is thin, healthy, and she follows a noble passion.

Bravo Charlotte!! Stefano would be sooo proud of you.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
GI Joe is a gelding. I think, I can't say it exactly because I'm not precisily up to date of the alphabetics. But I think the horses of the year G are nearing or already are at the age of 10 and older.
When you're not jumping professionally it also takes time for a young horse to jump 1.20. And she has started out with Gi Joe at that height so no, it's not a fresh horse anymore.

I think stallions are easier to work with than mares, for example. Stallions are more easy-going than mares. And if Gi Joe isn't producing newcomers it isn't a stallion anymore. It's just not of a use and only a risk when he is not approved by the ascociation. And if you look at his muscles and especially the neck you can see it's a gelding. Stallions have a bigger neck and are more muscles at the front- and the back

It is very interesting about the physical differences of stallions and geldings. I didn't know those things. I believe Char & GI Joe were jumping the 1m20 as far back as the Valencia event, right? One more question: What is the "year G"?

She looks great! I wonder why they say "former" trainer? It seems he's still her trainer in competition pictures - he's always there, walking the course w/her, etc.

The horse books like KWPN, Hannoveraan, Holsteiner and quite a lot more have a rule for newborn horses who's names all have to start with the same first letter. This year it was the turn to the 'I' for the KWPN. It's easier for potentional buyers and everybody knows which year the horse comes from.

Here you can see the difference between a gelding and a stallion;
Gelding; http://www.dressuurstal.be/images/2005/Mechelen_2005/zware-tour/4_Laurens_Van_Lieren_Hexagon%27s_Ollright_&_AKC_7251b.jpg
Stallion; http://www.dressage-news.com/wp-con...-GP-Edward-Gal-Moorlands-Totilas_JB_38271.jpg

Especially the difference of the necks are quite evident. And not to mention the presence both are holding. The gelding is more relaxed and trying less to impress while the black stallion is more out there. He still has those hormons to impress mares and geldings don't have that need anymore. That also depends on the time of the castration. Older horses who are getting castrated have that more than horses castrated at two. The same goes for the muscles. The younger they get castrated, the less evident muscles they get. They loose the thickness and muscle-work in their necks and at the front and back.

Now this are two dressage horses so they are also differently build horses. The difference between jumping gelding and stallions is just as evident.
Stallion; http://www.staleurocommerce.nl/uplo...EE/tblPaarden_174419BA09/3_overview-large.jpg
Gelding; http://static.bokt.nl/w/images/a/a8/Zoer_okidoki.jpg

She looks great! I wonder why they say "former" trainer? It seems he's still her trainer in competition pictures - he's always there, walking the course w/her, etc.

I thought Thierry was her trainer? Isn't Michel his brother...or his dad or something?

I thought Thierry was her trainer? Isn't Michel his brother...or his dad or something?

Thierry has a brother called Philippe, who trained Charlotte first, but after 2001, Thierry took over her training. Their dad, Marcel, owns the famous Bois le Roi equestrian centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom