The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Poor Charlotte :( but i'm sure she gave all her best! And i mean, c'mon, give her a break: She had pain in the back and an injury in her hand but she still went to compete. I'm proud of her

Old 07-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Commoner

Correio da Manhã translation

Hi people, my english is not really good, but i will try to translate this text to you: Vidas - Nacionais - Charlotte do Mónaco esteve em Portugal

please, forgive me about my mistakes.

"Charlotte Casiraghi (Caroline of Monaco’ daughter) and Athina Onassis, both of them amongst the most richest women in the world, has been yesterday at the Cascais hippodrome for the International Jumping, part of the ‘Global Champions Tour 2009’. Without additional security measures, Charlotte and Athina walk through the hippodrome, and, despect they haven’t posed to photographers, they don’t keep away the press. Barely Charlotte’s bodyguard ask to photographers some restrainment.
Returning to a country where she had vacations some time ago, Charlotte is distinguished by her beauty, sympathy and discretion, but probably will not miss this last journey. The Grace Kelly’s granddaughter was eliminated in the first round, and have injured her "back" after her horse refuse a jump."

Old 07-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Website of Global champions Tour
Global Champions Tour

Prix CSI2 Estoril includes Charlotte & GI Joe (a Holstein gelding, brown)
Old 07-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Serene Highness

oh well, I'm sorry Char is out - I'm sure she did her best.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Charlotte Casiraghi queixa se de dores nas costas e abandona prova no Estoril - Caras.pt

It's in portugueses, sorry:(
She did a warm up quite tense and was eliminated after two refusals from her horse Gi Joe. In that moment, Charlotte complained about her back. Out of competition, she was seen crying and being conforted by her coach and her bodyguard.
Thanks, Julliette! What does it say on the bottom about "Diana Polignac de Barros"? Is she the blonde girl walking with Char? The Polignac name is interesting. Could be her distant cousin?

That sucks about her back pain. Back pain is the worst. That would definitely cause anyone to have a bad performance. I'm glad we got to see her there, however. She looked adorable in her cap.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Diana Polignac de Barros was one of the riders in the same competition of Charlotte. It's said to be her cousin. There are some Polignac in the portuguese "high society". They're said to be distant cousins of Monaco royals. But I'm not sure how close they are. Perhaps they don't even know each other (Diana and Charlotte).
Old 07-11-2009, 10:55 AM

^Maybe they are acquainted but not close.

Thanks for explaining.

Aside, here is Charlotte's great-grandfather, a picture of him, on the peerage site:
thePeerage.com - Person Page 10128
Old 07-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Serene Highness

Is she riding for Stal Tops as the Dutch jumping rider Tops?
Old 07-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Courtier

Will Charlotte still be going Portrugal after being eliminated from the previous competition? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm not sure how the equestrian thing works...
Old 07-13-2009, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Please note: This is a thread about Charlotte Casiraghi's
current events, all posts discussing older pics and resemblances
with family members have been moved to the following thread:

Charlotte Casiraghi pictures part III
Old 07-13-2009, 04:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kells View Post
Will Charlotte still be going Portrugal after being eliminated from the previous competition? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm not sure how the equestrian thing works...
I think competitions are independent from each other. When you enter a competition doesn't matter if you were eliminated or not in the previous one. (Perhaps someone can explain it better).
Competition in Portugal is already finished, and acording to her interview, she will be Brazil at the end of this month.

BTW, here are some more pics from Portugal.Sorry for being small
http://www.olycom.it/news_offertaArg...=4&idoff=81063
Old 07-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Serene Highness

Interesting - does Prince Albert usually accompany Princess Caro on vacation (PACHA III)?
Old 07-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Courtier

^ I'm not sure about "usually", since I'm a new fan, but I know that he has done so before in the past. There are adorable pictures of him taping Andrea, Charlotte, and Pierre when they are kids on Pacha.

And thank you, juliette!
Old 07-13-2009, 11:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Diana Polignac is indeed her distant cousin, if I'm not mistaken Princess Caroline attended Diana's mother's wedding back in 1977.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:49 AM
Serene Highness

Julliette, this are pictures of caroline, albert, charlene, pierre, beatrice on the yacht, right?
Because you are writing "here are some more pics from Portugal."
Old 07-14-2009, 10:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
Julliette, this are pictures of caroline, albert, charlene, pierre, beatrice on the yacht, right?
Because you are writing "here are some more pics from Portugal."

Oh you're right. I'm sorry. I posted the wrong link (I've already posted this one in the family thread).

This is the link with pics from Portugal
interTOPICS internationale Presseagentur GmbH
Old 07-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Serene Highness

Haha!!
It's ok
Old 07-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

A slideshow still from Portugal
Charlotte Casiraghi Problema nas costas condiciona prova em Cascais - Caras.pt
Old 07-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Gentry

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseygal View Post
Interesting - does Prince Albert usually accompany Princess Caro on vacation (PACHA III)?
It has been tradition that the Princely family makes a trip to St Tropez once in summer with their yatch. I have followed them since their childhood and a series of photos could be found this place as the special destination. It is surprising to me that they are doing this in July not in August when Monaco will have the public holiday season.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Serene Highness

And another pictures from Portugal...

Charlotte Casiraghi Horse Competition Portugal | RDuJour