The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 08:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals View Post
What does she see in the guy ? He looks like Dustin Hoffman in "The Graduate". But obviously Dustin Hoffman was perceived as cute both by his girlfriend and Mrs Robinson. Some of us just miss what it is.
I was thinking of the same thing... he was really "off" in that picture...we were presented with beautiful pictures of charlotte attending this, attending that and then suddenly Alex appered with that look....anyway, charlotte looks good

Old 10-15-2009, 02:07 AM
Courtier

Charlotte looks quite beautiful there, but the outfit is a definite no. Or maybe it's just me, but I don't like the jean skirt with tights look at all. Fro the waist up, good.

And seriously, Alex seems to be a nice guy, he's got to be in some capacity as she's still with him and she doesn't strike me as one of those who would stay in an unfulfilling or abusive relationship. I can't believe the main objection to him is physical.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:54 AM
Courtier

It's funny how everybody talks about how Charlotte is so much more than a pretty face, and how intelligent she is, and how she has so many interests, blah, blah, blah...
... and then these same people can't stop critizing Alex because he is not as handsome as they though he should be. Apparently pretty people should only go out with pretty people, no matter how atractive, intelligent and interesting they find someone else. If this someone else is slightly less beautiful than the "pretty person" the relationship should stop.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:20 AM
Courtier

THANK YOU! If there's one thing good I can safely say about the Casiraghis, since I don't know them, but they do not seem like shallow people. They do not go out with the model or Hollywood types, they follow their heart and date who they love, whether these people are considered classically attractive to the majority or not.

I think I can understand the wariness surrounding the relationship in the beginning, because when they first started dating he forever looked bored and almost smug. But they're still together and almost three years and countless events and candids later, the comments remain the same. He's so ugly, she should be dating someone hotter and more on her level, ugh what does she see in him? We don't have to know. Let's just hope that she's happy, as very few people seem genuinely happy in their relationships these days.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
It's funny how everybody talks about how Charlotte is so much more than a pretty face, and how intelligent she is, and how she has so many interests, blah, blah, blah...
... and then these same people can't stop critizing Alex because he is not as handsome as they though he should be. Apparently pretty people should only go out with pretty people, no matter how atractive, intelligent and interesting they find someone else. If this someone else is slightly less beautiful than the "pretty person" the relationship should stop.
I do not think that people critisize Alex because of his natural appearance. They critizise him because they think (and pesonnally I agree also) that the way he dresses and his posture do not fit neither to the style of the events he is attending nor to Charlotte herself. When they enter together in an event, they give the impression that they are attending TWO different events. a classy high society for her, and a football or basket ball final... for him. THIS is the matter and not his eyes or his nose.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:51 AM
Serene Highness

I don't care for Alex's arrogant attitude (his sister, too) - like many, I don't find him attractive, but it's his attitude that makes him less appealing
Old 10-15-2009, 12:21 PM
Royal Highness

I don't know what's with Alex that just puts me off.
He seems so lazy and smug. It's his whole way of presenting himself that doesn't make me go crazy about him. He comes across as one of those rich kids who don't give a damn and do nothing. I can be totally wrong, but that's the way he comes across.

And I do have to say, his sister Alice isn't really helping either.
I just can't help but think that Charlotte can do better. (Felix)
Old 10-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Courtier

OKay, I realized my post came off a little harsh and condescending. I'm sorry.

And I totally understand about Alice. Some things which can not be talked aobut on here were not long ago brought to my attention about her and um... yeah, I'm glad she and Charlotte don't hang out as much. I guess it just seems that most people dislike him because he's not classically handsome and that just annoys me a little. The same attitude is shown toward Tatiana, although not as often.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Okay, it's time to move on...please let's get back to the topic
of this thread : Charlotte's current events. For further discussions
like these, we also have the "Andrea, Pierre, Charlotte and Friends"
thread! Thanks for your understanding!

Iceflower
Monaco Forum Moderator
Old 10-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charlotte at Frieze Art Fair, with Alex, October 16th
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/919...12077350F5265A
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/919...F041143E10509A
Old 10-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
Natalie, the photos are great!
I thought Alex was taller than he is, also should take into account Charlotte's heels.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:12 PM
Royal Highness

The shoes are awesome. But the top is boring. With the black blazer and a black shirt it's nothing exciting but very Charlotte.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Courtier

Those heels are awesome! I guess Alex is about 5'10, 5'11, and if Char is 5'7, those heels have to be 4 inches or more! Wow! And ouch...
Old 10-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Royal Highness

The heels she wore to Stella McCartney show are also quite the killer heels. I can already feel my feet.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Courtier

Well, he is wearing a suit here. And Charlotte is the one wearing jeans.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
They look like the "odd couple".
Old 10-16-2009, 08:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

^Haha, I know. I like her heels. But, as it makes her taller than him...I don't know, I don't like when the woman is taller than the man.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanaz View Post
They look like the "odd couple".
Ditto - they look mismatched, like acquaintances that the photographer asked to stand together for the picture...as if they don't know each other that well; Alex shows more emotion with his sister than his own girlfriend! Look back at 90 percent of the pictures of them....he appears to be "not that into her".....
Old 10-17-2009, 01:19 AM
Nobility

Charlotte looks healthier here-good to see. I don't think the Casiraghis or Alex are "shallow"..indulged is a more appropriate term.They have all been in university at some point,which is definitely a plus.

viva l'amour!
Old 10-17-2009, 05:54 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kells View Post
Those heels are awesome! I guess Alex is about 5'10, 5'11, and if Char is 5'7, those heels have to be 4 inches or more! Wow! And ouch...
No way - more like Alex is 5'7 at the most and Char is about 5'4 or 5'5. Since I saw pictures of Albert next to Michelle Obama we have to re-adjust our guessings of their heights. They appear taller than they are and the women are mostly in heels.

Closed Thread