Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 32: Dec.2008 - July 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah someone pointed that out on the TFS and according to a few people on TFS Charlotte and Valentine are in different ranks or leagues. They explain it better (I don't know anything about horses ) but Valentine is a A rank and Charlotte is lower like C or D right now. She used to compete way higher, but its been 4 years

Charlotte's results are not spectacular, but it is still awesome that she is going back to horse riding. It has been long break for her. She seemed relaxed during competition and looked almost like a teenager in some pics.:)

Only the amazingly talented with the best horses can return in the competition circuit like they used to.
It's good she is starting lower. Her horse will have to get used to compete too. It's not only Charlotte.

Only the amazingly talented with the best horses can return in the competition circuit like they used to.
It's good she is starting lower. Her horse will have to get used to compete too. It's not only Charlotte.

Is it the same horse she had before? When you take time out, it's always wise to start with the lower fences so neither rider nor horse gets hurt. Safety first in which case as posters discussed before, she needs to buy a new helmet.

It's a new horse yes.

Albert Zoer did the same when he broke his leg before the Olympics and could start again. Not starting in a big competition but a small competition in a riding school. Okidoki could use to the things around him again, Albert was able to test him out without pressure and they both got more rythm. And he was out for jst a few months.
If the combination between horse and rider is good she will be riding better results soon. it just doesn't come in an instance.

Thank God it's only a dog she's in love with....

Well, it has been years since she's competed or ridden regularly; she'll improve, as time goes on. I don't see Valentine's name anywhere - perhaps she didn't compete?

Charlotte was never a top rider. Valentine is in a completely different league.

Even when Charlotte was riding regularely she used to enter 1.10 or 1.20 competitions. I'm not sure if she even rode a 1.30 ever. That's amateur level. A good amateur level, but very far away from the top riders.
If you keep in mind that she has the means to have the best trainer and the best horses, well... it is kind of obvious that she is not specially talented.
I'm not saying she is bad, mind you, she is a good amateur, but nothing else. The only reason she competed in top level events like the Monaco Horsejumping is because grandpa introduced amateurish pony level competions so that his grand niece and friends could have some fun.
While Charlotte has been retired from the horse riding world the Roziers have been compiting all around with her old horses like Folka and they have been riding top level competitions with them and getting good results, which means that the horses were very good and they were been a little bit wasted with Charlotte.

Charlotte can't be compared with Valentine, and even less with the such as Athina Onassis, princess Anna, or Zara Phillips who really rides top level.

I'm not criticizing her, mind you. No one is under the obligation to be a brilliant horse rider!!! She is an interesting cultured young woman who happens lo like horse riding and who has a very good level for an amateur. Nothing wrong with it.

Charlotte was never a top rider. Valentine is in a completely different league.

Even when Charlotte was riding regularely she used to enter 1.10 or 1.20 competitions. I'm not sure if she even rode a 1.30 ever. That's amateur level. A good amateur level, but very far away from the top riders.
If you keep in mind that she has the means to have the best trainer and the best horses, well... it is kind of obvious that she is not specially talented.
I'm not saying she is bad, mind you, she is a good amateur, but nothing else. The only reason she competed in top level events like the Monaco Horsejumping is because grandpa introduced amateurish pony level competions so that his grand niece and friends could have some fun.
While Charlotte has been retired from the horse riding world the Roziers have been compiting all around with her old horses like Folka and they have been riding top level competitions with them and getting good results, which means that the horses were very good and they were been a little bit wasted with Charlotte.

Charlotte can't be compared with Valentine, and even less with the such as Athina Onassis, princess Anna, or Zara Phillips who really rides top level.

I'm not criticizing her, mind you. No one is under the obligation to be a brilliant horse rider!!! She is an interesting cultured young woman who happens lo like horse riding and who has a very good level for an amateur. Nothing wrong with it.

You are diplomatic and I agree with you. I will add that there are many young girls who move on with their lives and leave horses for a while. They may enjoy riding but also enjoy other things. As you said, she is a good amateur and that may be where she is happy. The joy of riding may be more important than the level. There are not many riders who can reach the top level. Both Athina and Zara have dedicated their lives to their sport and when you have all the money in the world that singular dedication is the difference between enjoying competing once in a while and going to the Olympics. If Charlotte enjoys riding and other things in life it is perfectly fine to remain in the amateur ranks. Sometimes it's more important to just enjoy it and have fun.

What were they thinking with those dresses?

I never saw a pic of her looking comfortable in heels. She would either slouch as if unsure of her balance or be pigeon-toed, like a child playing dress-up. Really weird to look at, as she possesses a beautiful face and then the eyes go down and see her struggling in the foot department.

I never saw a pic of her looking comfortable in heels. She would either slouch as if unsure of her balance or be pigeon-toed, like a child playing dress-up. Really weird to look at, as she possesses a beautiful face and then the eyes go down and see her struggling in the foot department.

LOL, i agree. I don't think she's one of those people like Charlotte Dellal, who says she wears heels everywhere and is absolutely comfortable in them. I think thats why Charlotte C always looks better in casual clothes, in her Chucks and jeans...she looks like she belongs in them.

Thanks for the pics, giov! It's funny to see Lapo Elkann act as a charlotte's bodyguard!:D

Lapo, Beatrice, Charlotte they seem to have grown a group that work well together, and all of them look very close to the Agnelli clan. I wouldn't mind seeing Charlotte and Lapo as a couple...;):)

Thanks for the pics, giov! It's funny to see Lapo Elkann act as a charlotte's bodyguard!:D

Lapo, Beatrice, Charlotte they seem to have grown a group that work well together, and all of them look very close to the Agnelli clan. I wouldn't mind seeing Charlotte and Lapo as a couple...;):)

Lapo certainly has experiance with all this. It was nice to see him help Charlotte out. My own personal opinion is that he's a bit old for her, not to mention his past drug/drinking habit. He is to his credit a very bright creative guy.

What were they thinking with those dresses?

I think that Charlie's dress isn't, actually, that bad and she looks young and fresh in it. Besides, she's not wearing that heavy make up she usually wears, wich makes her look quite soft and juvenile. Her heels are to high, though. :flowers:
Unfortunatelly, her friend's dress is quite strange, i must agree... :nonono:

She looks beautiful facially speaking, but she does seem awfully thin. Or maybe its because I've been looking at old pictures of her. I don't know about the dress, but I like the light make-up look she has been sporting since the Rose Ball this year.

I don't think she looks awfully thin, she looks normal to me.

Those shoes are hot! Nice dress too. I think this is the best she looked in a while!

Unfortunately they all smoke. Not good for the skin as well as the heart and lungs!:ermm:

Oh, please, enough of that! Yes the smoke. BIG DEAL. They smoke because smoking is normal. They are people. And they do normal things.

I don't think she looks awfully thin, she looks normal to me.

Those shoes are hot! Nice dress too. I think this is the best she looked in a while!

we don't agree at all! I find the dress veeeery ugly (of course this is subjective) and I also think that she looks way too thin.

you can easily tell when someone's lost too much weight because her head starts looking too big for her body! When you start looking like a chupa chups, you need to put on some weight. And her head certainly looks big in these last pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think her head always kinda looked that way, probably because of the hair style, because when she has her hair pulled back it looks normal, and also she would look more emaciated if she had lost too much weight, IMO.

BUT we do agree about smoking! I don't get what's the big deal either.

Okay...let's try to stay on topic.

Charlotte smokes. We don't need to get into a discussion on about the pros and/or cons of the habit.

Thank you.

Zonk
Monaco Moderator

Her profile is really beautiful!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom