The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 01:37 AM
Nobility

I have to say though that the skinny jeans are not flattering to her. They make her legs look shorter than they actually are. Caroline and Stephanie, because they have the long and lean Kelly legs, carry such style well.

Charlotte looks much better in the bootcut jeans style. I am aware that the skinny jeans are the in thing right now, but comparing her "jeans look" now and in past years when she favored the bootcut, I prefer her wearing the latter. She looks taller and with longer legs in this style.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by royrrules View Post
I have to say though that the skinny jeans are not flattering to her. They make her legs look shorter than they actually are. Caroline and Stephanie, because they have the long and lean Kelly legs, carry such style well.

Charlotte looks much better in the bootcut jeans style. I am aware that the skinny jeans are the in thing right now, but comparing her "jeans look" now and in past years when she favored the bootcut, I prefer her wearing the latter. She looks taller and with longer legs in this style.
You may be quite right, I hadn't even really noticed the difference. However I have a question. It seems to be the consensus that Charlotte and Caroline are the same height. Does it mean then that Charlotte's torso is proportionally longer than her mother's ? Has anybody noticed that ?

Old 07-09-2008, 02:28 PM

She has style but not the elegance of her mother
Old 07-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
Perhaps I was simply lucky that week whereupon this particular group of European men decided to wear Khaki's looking like Chuey or a Mongol biker named Speedy.
Who on earth are they? Seriously the only two, I have ever really seen, in Khaki's are Princes William and Harry (during official interviews), and they are seriously a stuffy look. I don't know where your blokes were coming from.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
Fascinating.

Perhaps I was simply lucky that week whereupon this particular group of European men decided to wear Khaki's looking like Chuey or a Mongol biker named Speedy.

MOVING ON:

Charlotte looked lovely at Uma Thurman's engagement party.

Well, of all my years living in London, Milan & New York I've never seen any Europeans in khakis - only Americans & usually they're really badly fitted & too long on the legs.

"It is ironic that the people at the cutting edge of the visual arts have to wear the most banal uniform of jeans, (T)-shirt and sneakers to be considered cool by their peers"

I'm not saying he dresses 'cutting edge' - absolutely far from it - especially in London where anything goes & it's extremely avant-garde ... I was just saying that he can't be running around in khakis looking like an American guy in his fifties - no doubt with some tassled loafers - ugh! - you have got to be kidding me!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals View Post
You may be quite right, I hadn't even really noticed the difference. However I have a question. It seems to be the consensus that Charlotte and Caroline are the same height. Does it mean then that Charlotte's torso is proportionally longer than her mother's ? Has anybody noticed that ?

I think Princess Caroline is about 5'8''...I don't think Charlotte is that tall even though it seems that way because she wears heels so much.

In any case, Caroline's legs are definitely longer than Charlotte's. Despite all Charlotte's megawatt facial beauty she seems to have inherited Rainier's rather short legs.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Nobility

yeah well, long legs short legs.. a beauty is a beauty, right? :)
Old 07-09-2008, 09:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
I think Princess Caroline is about 5'8''...I don't think Charlotte is that tall even though it seems that way because she wears heels so much.

In any case, Caroline's legs are definitely longer than Charlotte's. Despite all Charlotte's megawatt facial beauty she seems to have inherited Rainier's rather short legs.
I also notice that although she has been wearing heels and platforms, Charlotte doesn't seem at ease in them. She appears to be a little hunched and in shots where she is walking, her posture appears that of someone tiptoeing. Caroline and Stephanie on the other hand look so comfy in those heels.

A case in point is the pics of the Valentino party last year. She was wearing really high heels which made her look far taller than her mom. But she did not seem comfortable at all. She seemed to be fighting for balance in those pics.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:55 AM
Courtier

Anytime people run into Charlotte at an event on TFS they comment that she is taller in person, like 5'7 at least. And she does indeed look taller than her boyfriend if she has heels on, so he can't be that big either...
Old 07-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroraDaniel View Post
yeah well, long legs short legs.. a beauty is a beauty, right? :)
Right! Liz Taylor in her prime was considered the world's most beautiful woman and she had short legs!
Old 07-11-2008, 02:12 AM
Aristocracy

Love the jacket, denim, tops combo. So casual, yet hip, but not too hip.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:00 AM

Hello!!! Do u have any news about charlotte? I mean if she is in monaco or n london...Sometimes ago i red an article about charlotte that started to work for an important english magazines.....do u know if is she still working for it?
I saw the olycom's gallery...GREAT...SHE IS VERY BEAUTIFUL THERe... she is very casual... but at the same time she wear sometimes that makes the difference in this photo i thinh that the jacket is very cool!!
Old 07-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Please note that this is the thread for Charlotte's Current Events and not the fashion thread.

I know its tempting to discuss her clothes at actual events, but the proper forum is here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/charlotte-s-fashion-style-6289.html .

Thank you!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:01 PM

I think Charlotte is now just the girlfriend of a gallery owner and common socialite. Boring.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Nobility

^ and she should be? and I would say it's more like gallery owner is boyfriend of Charlotte Casiraghi.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Aristocracy

Well exactly, gallery owner is the boyfriend of Charlotte Casiraghi, and they are both socialites. Was Charlotte expected to be anything different? She's doing well for herself to be seen as that, and not just a eurotrash party girl (ala Nicarhos etc).

Famous people's children are always given emmense coverage as well, children. She's grown up now, and she has a famous mother, uncle, aunt, and an icon for a grandmother, but she herself s just a society daughter with, albeit, a lot of money. London is the best place for someone in her shoes. The place is ladden with society girls, who often create very successful careers for themselves (journos, fashion etc)
Old 07-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Nobility

is she still doing the journalist job? Has she written anything new?
Old 07-13-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Gallery from Olycom.
Charlotte and Alex outside the Nice Airport, June 20 2008.
Olycom - News
Ah, I feel bad when I see Charlotte smoking. I just got back from Germany and Italy, and - and I am not trying to insult anyone here who is from Europe - but I saw so many attractive European women, physically fit, beautifully dressed, but their skin, because of excessive tanning and smoking, made them seem so much older than their actual age. We can also see this in Caroline and Stephanie's faces. One of our guides in Germany was only 37, but he was deeply tanned and already had grooves/lines on his face from way too much sunning.

I don't want to see Charlotte's lovely skin ruined.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydura0717 View Post
is she still doing the journalist job? Has she written anything new?

I've never seen anything that she has actually written. I thought she was just an intern, fetching coffee, etc.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:53 AM

Perhaps Charlotte can visit the local hospital and see first hand the effects of smoking and passive smoking in particular.

Charlotte, PLEASE GIVE UP SMOKING.

It is a quite easy when you put your mind to it, i did 20 years ago and i can honestly say that its true the air is sweeter on the other side.

Tags
casiraghi, charlotte, events, monaco, news, pictures