The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 02:51 PM

^^Well I have to say that hes wearing black jeans, so he just put on a blazer and a tie, actually.

Old 07-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Nobility

It's funny how many people want someone else for Charlotte. There must be something to Alex that has caught Princess Charlotte's attention. It's totally up to the two of them and I only wish them the best. That dress with the flowers was lovely. Charlotte is very pretty and nice to follow here. Good looks run in the family. I bet she can be a good actress like Grace. She'd be a shoe in. Lucky Charlotte.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s View Post
Who knows and maybe this dress will be H&M's most sold item of the week...and it will be sold out... It's nice to see she wears non designer stuff.
I seriously doubt it. How many people will see these pictures? Charlotte isn't famous in the UK. She's a society girl who is someone's daughter, and someone's granddaughter. kate Middleton wears a topshop dress; sold out in 2 days.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejoelmadden View Post
i love charlotte's flowers dress in uma's party

Arki and Uma are so much older than Char and Alex....why on earth would they invite ppl that are so young to their engagement party?!?!
Old 07-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Gentry

Hi People!...There is one new pic of Char in isifa, with the light blue dress...Can anybody post it here, please!...Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashion now View Post
Arki and Uma are so much older than Char and Alex....why on earth would they invite ppl that are so young to their engagement party?!?!

Age has nothing to do when it comes to invite someone to your party........
Old 07-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Serene Highness

Glistening Seas

Could it be that if their families have close ties --that it would be enough for them to want the presence of Charlotte and her beau's. ?
Old 07-07-2008, 01:54 AM

Well, Elle Macpherson was always a good friend of Caroline & family, and through Elle, they were close to Arpad too, so from that standpoint, it makes sense that Charlotte at least would be invited. I'm only surprised more of the Casiraghi-Hanover family didn't also attend.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:57 AM

Hello!! this is my first time that i write here.I am a fun of charlotte casiraghi because for me she is very beautiful and i am very interested in monaco royalty.Last week i saw pierre casiraghi near my univerisity and i think that i usually see charlotte in public events but i would like to see some photos of her during her private life( for example while she does shopping or anithig else)...but it is also possible that i havent' seen all her photos.....

Ps.i am sorry for my english....
Old 07-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Commoner

Quote:
you'd think he could muster up the energy to put on some khakis.:erm
This is Europe. Men thankfully don't wear Khakis - He owns a cutting edge gallery in a cutting edge part of town in the most cutting edge city in the world - he can't be running around in a pair of Gap khakis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashion now View Post
Don't be so ridiculous. Haven't you heard the term - 'Family Friend'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glistening Seas View Post
Could it be that if their families have close ties --that it would be enough for them to want the presence of Charlotte and her beau's. ?
I'm sure Andrea & Guy were there also. Guy Dellal - well known London businessman ... Arki Busson - well known London businessman - They run in the same circles.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Gallery from Olycom.
Charlotte and Alex outside the Nice Airport, June 20 2008.
Olycom - News
Old 07-08-2008, 09:43 AM
Courtier
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucianap View Post
you'd think he could muster up the energy to put on some khakis.:ermm

This is Europe. Men thankfully don't wear Khakis - He owns a cutting edge gallery in a cutting edge part of town in the most cutting edge city in the world - he can't be running around in a pair of Gap khakis.

It is ironic that the people at the cutting edge of the visual arts have to wear the most banal uniform of jeans, (T)-shirt and sneakers to be considered cool by their peers. Yes, some artists (in the broad sense of the word) have a signature style, the "man in black" Johnny Cash, the French writer and media darling Bernard Henry Levy with his jeans and clean, pressed, white open-collar shirt, or they carry off the jean T-shirt uniform with the flair and eclat of a Tom Ford. To me, Alex looks like an adolescent in a case of arrested development who is too timid , sloppy or unsure of himself (or uninventive) to carry over his so-called interest in the visual arts by taking sartorial risks. He could take lessons from, at random, a Johnny Depp, a Brad Pitt, or look in the direction of Latin Americans and Asians to work on an individual style that would reflect a visual maturity that should be part of his profession. If what you say is true, it is a sad commentary on the European male that that sort of trite conformity is the ticket to approval. From my own experience with gallery openings in France or parties including guests from the artistic professions, some young men do wear interesting clothes that offset their dates's outfits very nicely. Contrary to what you suggest, young couples matching their efforts for attractiveness are cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieSofie View Post
I absolutely love the dress Charlotte wore to Uma Thurman's engagement party, but I hate the one she wore to the 'Obsessed by You' exhibition. I just have never liked women wearing light blue. The color has always seemed childish to me.
Your comment on women wearing light blue intrigued me and I looked up the blue dresses in the "Royal Ladies in Blue" thread. I must agree with you. The only light blue dress I liked (loved) was the one worn by Diana (post #7 by mims111). Otherwise, whether blond or brunette, and even with blue eyes, you need another shade to pull it off : a bit of turquoise, or any darker blue. The ice blue worn by Princess Diana was a real winner though. But of course it was an evening gown, and maybe that makes a difference too.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Royal Highness

I agree Iceflower. For the first time in months, Charlotte wears something fresh, simple and elegant that brings out her youth, instaed of that heavy look she always wear: much black, much mini-dresses, much red on her lips. After all, she's just a girl not a middle aged lady nor a vamp...
Old 07-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Serene Highness

Red face Glistening Seas

h-m-m-m here i politely beg to differ. I a-d-o-r-e light blue. The color always manages to make the person wearing it look refreshed, alive, cool in spite of heat of day, and comfortable. One equal to looking at the sky on a clear day over the ocean when you absolutely lose sight of the horizon. Ok, okay so that's a bit etheral analysis, but you get the pic!?!

Even if only wearing an leisurely outfit to the beach on a sweltering day wearing pale blue or any pale color 'exudes' an aura of just fresh from the shower refreshment, that says look at me i am not sweltering and i can conquer the world because i am calm cool and collected. hmm well, you get the point! hee.

In general especially with their complexions the blues and all those "icy" colors are marvelous.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Really? Could have fooled me. The last time I was in Europe, and yes it was recent, I saw a lot of men wearing Khaki's in the most "cutting edge part of town in the most cutting edge city in the world"... many of them looking like members of V13... newly jumped in.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
Really? Could have fooled me. The last time I was in Europe, and yes it was recent, I saw a lot of men wearing Khaki's in the most "cutting edge part of town in the most cutting edge city in the world"... many of them looking like members of V13... newly jumped in.
Not his type. Gap Khaki's would be oh so bland and, dare I say it, a wee bit twee. Anyway I can't remember, the last time, I saw a bloke in Khaki.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Fascinating.

Perhaps I was simply lucky that week whereupon this particular group of European men decided to wear Khaki's looking like Chuey or a Mongol biker named Speedy.

MOVING ON:

Charlotte looked lovely at Uma Thurman's engagement party.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Gallery from Olycom.
Charlotte and Alex outside the Nice Airport, June 20 2008.
Olycom - News
Why isn't anybody else commenting on how cool Charlotte looks here? The smoking's uncool but that whole look deserves a two thumbs up. Her style during formal events isn't always something I understand and approve but I've always, always, liked her choices in casual wear. This ensemble is a new favorite, I think.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:49 AM
Nobility

i love her jacket :) it's brownish/orange? what colour is that?
Old 07-09-2008, 02:12 AM
Courtier

Something between tan and russet? Trust me not. Nice, classic color for a leather(ish) jacket though.

Closed Thread

Tags
casiraghi, charlotte, events, monaco, news, pictures