The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 11:40 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pupo View Post
Alex's father's side is Persian but Jewish, not Muslim. In any case, i agree-Char looks best in color, and I think she's too smart to get married so young.
I may like Alex a little bit more now that I know that he's of Jewish descent. No, no! Although he is of Jewish descent from his father's side, and I happen to be Jewish, he still seems stuck up to me. I don't think he's using Charlotte for publicity. -- I don't know, maybe he's not big on emotions? Still, I rather see Char with someone else.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieSofie View Post
I may like Alex a little bit more now that I know that he's of Jewish descent. No, no! Although he is of Jewish descent from his father's side, and I happen to be Jewish, he still seems stuck up to me. I don't think he's using Charlotte for publicity. -- I don't know, maybe he's not big on emotions? Still, I rather see Char with someone else.
But if he's Jewish on the paternal side, does it count? I thought it only counts as technically Jewish if it's on the maternal line.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:24 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
But if he's Jewish on the paternal side, does it count? I thought it only counts as technically Jewish if it's on the maternal line.
It depends on what kind of Jewish person you talk to. To Orthodox Jews a child is only Jewish if the mother is Jewish. To some Reform Jews a child with lets say, a Christian mother and a Jewish father would only be considered Jewish if he/she were raised within the religion. I don't consider Alex Jewish, but I do acknowledge he has/had Jewish relatives.

I've been wondering, not about Alex Dellal and Charlotte, but if/when Andrea, Charlotte and Pierre decide to settle down. Would it be -- I'm not sure what word to use-- controversial? Would it be controversial if they married one outside of the Roman Catholic world, or even outside of Christianity? Are they even permitted to marry let's say a member of the Jewish or Muslim community?
Old 07-01-2008, 03:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I've been wondering, not about Alex Dellal and Charlotte, but if/when Andrea, Charlotte and Pierre decide to settle down. Would it be -- I'm not sure what word to use-- controversial? Would it be controversial if they married one outside of the Roman Catholic world, or even outside of Christianity? Are they even permitted to marry let's say a member of the Jewish or Muslim community?
I think it would be controversial, using your words, only in case one of them will be Prince of Monaco, because the Princely family of Monaco has always been Catholic.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:26 AM
Aristocracy

New pictures of Charlotte and Alex from 30.06.

Gallery
Old 07-01-2008, 08:33 AM
Nobility

^ thanks. She looks great, yellow suits her very well.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Hummm...I'm not sure if I like the outfit or not. Yellow is a nice colour as well as te dress. But her breast...she needs a bra.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Hummm...she needs a bra.
I guess she needs to eat a little more instead: you can see her breastbone through her skin.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
Neither is Charlotte, in the UK. Princess Caroline is probably a name recognised by many people, but hardly anyone would know who Charlotte is (if they don't read hello).
She may not be world famous but she has enough status to be featured regularly on American television, at least when it comes to "IT" Girls and Royalty. Not to mention a variety of tabloids...she's just a bit more quiet but as far as Alex's dating history, she tops out as being the most beautiful girl he has been with thus far.

If she really wanted to be famous on another level, she could be. She could easily go to Hollywood, get on the cover of any magazine she wanted, get a fashoin campaign. It would not be hard...I have no doubt she has at least thought about the possibilities
Old 07-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
If she really wanted to be famous on another level, she could be. She could easily go to Hollywood, get on the cover of any magazine she wanted, get a fashoin campaign. It would not be hard...I have no doubt she has at least thought about the possibilities
Well that would be one way to completely annoy her mother. Charlotte is a royal/society daughter, who may one day be the sister of the Prince Monaco. Running off to Hollywood, or doing a fashion campaign is one way to enhance the 'trash' reputation that family already have. Her mother would literally spit up kittens. If Charlotte has a career, it will be one which is entirely appropiate, mark my words. I wouldn't cross Caroline, and a bet when it comes done to it, her children won't either.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Courtier

Oh I doubt she'll end up picking up where her grandmother left off in H-wood but I think she has probably toyed with the fact that she could. I would think she is well aware of her fame and beauty...and from different things I've read she has been approached by Hollywood studios and magazines to do covers.

Quote:
Her mother would literally spit up kittens.
This line had me cracking up!
Old 07-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Serene Highness

Smile Glistening Seas

kittens?! H-m-m-m never heard thaaat one before tee hee! It's probably entirely possible that if she or her family wanted exclusivity to a brand they would probably get it on just beauty alone.
But, the problem is then they would become "advertising" property instead of just being themselves. Besides, everything they use(as far as toiletries beauty etc) is public knowledge so just the public knowledge of the companies they use in their daily lives is selling point enough for the manufacturers.
So, really tieing themsleves into a contract probably wouldn't be something they would probably consider the "smart way to go". don't you think?
Also, when some of those celebrities agree to advertise with a company; it means every time the celebrity goes out anywheres they "have" to use the product(s) they are in contract with. Which is fine for the h-wood crowd. But it couldn't possibly be "fun" for the royal family to be stuck into being the "walking billboard" scenario.
Most of us have heard where companies get pretty upset with those h-wood startlets that are contracted to wear their products and the starlet waltzes out of the house without their product on or wears another manufacturers products, then the startlet can face lawsuits.
Wearing all manufacturer's products when one wants to is too much fun to have to be stuck wearing only one item(s) all the time; making life a rather limited existence. Especially since they don't need the money.

(well thaat was long winded whew!!)
Old 07-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Gentry

Yeah I will agree on two things: she needs a bra and to eat. Those earlier photos were deceiving I just thought her weight was adjusting and her belly was going to the breasts. The dress isn't flattering it makes her look like she has a pooch belly. I don't think she's ever really thought of Hollywood seriously. She seems to shy and irritated with cameras so I don't think she would like the spot light. If she did ads I think it would be great if she did something Italian. I want something sophisticated and sexy, but not Chanel. Although, with as much as she wears she might as well get paid and swag.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:25 PM
Gentry

You know that line of spitting up kittens was great, I had a visual. Are you trying to say something about Caroline? Hehe she is probably nice. Thanks for the Jumping pics. I don't see all the fuss about the blue dress, I thought it was fabulous. I also thought it was sweet and cool that she is so close to her little sister.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:44 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Hummm...I'm not sure if I like the outfit or not. Yellow is a nice colour as well as te dress. But her breast...she needs a bra.
I agree. The color looks very good on her, but she does need a bra. I'm so-so on the dress. Maybe if it didn't have all that extra fabric in the middle area.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:44 AM
Serene Highness

Oh I'm always so jealous when those Grimaldi/Casiraghi/von Hannover summer pictures come out :)
I would love to trade lives with them, only for one summer!

As for the dress: I like Charlotte more in tighter fitting clothes, she looks a bit pregnant to me in this dress.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:51 AM
Commoner

yes,i do agree she needs a bra and eat.haha
anyway,i wonder if alex ever went to work or else.because he is always around with charlotte
Old 07-02-2008, 05:57 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuchessCharlotte View Post
¿Se repite la historia? :: Nobleza :: esmas.com

this is a spanish article about Charlotte and Alexander, comparing them to Caroline and Junot. It says Alex it's just like Junot, but younger. They say Alex think he is a very important person and that likes to do whatever he wants, from partying to be a playboy and date different 'it' girls like Charlotte, Elizabeth Jagger or Leah Wood. They say Alex is the typical millionaire boy that party hard, drink and smoke. They're talking about Charlotte and Alex's vacation in Ibiza, where paparazzi caught them eating fast food in the airport and while Charlotte kissed and hugged him, Alex didn't care, and didn't stopped eating and sucked his dirty fingers. They're wondering if Charlotte will end up having the same sad past that Caroline had with Junot or if Alex will be more serious about everything.

i dont mean to be "mean",but just wait and see how long will they last?
i still prefer felix than alex.although i dont have any right to choose
Old 07-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well...speaking about Hollywood...There are new pics at isifa of Charlotte arriving at Uma Thurman engagement party in London.
Could someone please enlarge them??
Old 07-02-2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
It depends on what kind of Jewish person you talk to. To Orthodox Jews a child is only Jewish if the mother is Jewish. To some Reform Jews a child with lets say, a Christian mother and a Jewish father would only be considered Jewish if he/she were raised within the religion. I don't consider Alex Jewish, but I do acknowledge he has/had Jewish relatives.

I agree with Giov. I think it would not be "controversial" for the Casiraghis, UNLESS in the case of Andrea IF he is one day Prince of Monaco. But this is doubtful, especially because Albert seems likely to make his relationship with Charlene official. So I think it unlikely to matter what kind of cultural/ethnic/whatever identities the Casiraghis marry into. I mean, look at Princess Caroline's third marriage, outside the Roman Catholic church, and the Casiraghis don't even have her kind of official status. But in any case, it looks like Andrea might marry a Catholic girl anyway, for I believe Tatiana is Catholic, and ........ well, I don't think Charlotte will marry Alex Dellal, but hypothetically speaking, if she does, isn't he Catholic on his mother's side?

Closed Thread

Tags
casiraghi, charlotte, events, monaco, news, pictures