The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #161  
Old 06-10-2008, 05:45 PM
shappica's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Posts: 438
He's not that unattractive. I like his style, plus, he seems fun and cool. It's not all about dating pretty boys... And their relationship is lasting long enough, so she probably sees a great deal in him.
__________________

  #162  
Old 06-10-2008, 06:14 PM
tan_berry's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Posts: 250
I am afraid this guy is her Phillipe Junot. He had been dating celebrities´s offspring before Charlotte. Fame and publicity are important in his business.
__________________

__________________
We men build too many walls and not enough bridges. Sir Isaac Newton
  #163  
Old 06-10-2008, 06:22 PM
elizlovescrisro's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Orlando, United States
Posts: 33
That's true, but maybe he dates famous girls because they are in his circle. I think he is really ugly too, but Char seams like a smart, mature girl, and more reserved than her mom at the same age. Maybe he is more than we see in pictures, and maybe a great guy. But I guess Caro was also smart, and she ended up with Junot.

Anyways, she looks pretty, and I'm VERY happy she's not wearing black, even though she's still cute when she does, but she needs color!!!
Even though she's still gorgeous, she lost that special thing she had when she was younger, she just looked better.
And it's amazing how much she looks like Stefano.
  #164  
Old 06-10-2008, 06:33 PM
julliette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 2,290
Another pic of Charlotte from the same event
source: dfjones
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/5830/semttulouz5.png
  #165  
Old 06-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizlovescrisro View Post
Even though she's still gorgeous, she lost that special thing she had when she was younger, she just looked better.
And it's amazing how much she looks like Stefano.
She lost her 'Caroline ness'. Caroline has that Italian sultry look going, which made her more 'exotic' looking. However her look is common in Italy. Charlotte is all Kelly and Casiraghi now, and lacks the dark Grimaldi look that her mother has. She's definitely a rarer beauty than Caroline, which I think inherantly makes it more enticing. Everyday she gets less and less like Caroline though. I wonder what she will look like in ten years. She was all Grace and Caroline as a child; All Caroline as a teenager and now she is all Stefano and Grace, i think.
  #166  
Old 06-11-2008, 08:28 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
Posts: 4
I agree with eveyrone who said that Carlotte's dress is nice, but the shoes are awful. I don't thing Charlotte is dating alex because of his money. She is rich enough herself. Maybe this is "true love", who knows... Maybe HE is dating her because of her background
  #167  
Old 06-12-2008, 09:51 PM
Horseygal's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 1,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaritaRT View Post
I agree with eveyrone who said that Carlotte's dress is nice, but the shoes are awful. I don't thing Charlotte is dating alex because of his money. She is rich enough herself. Maybe this is "true love", who knows... Maybe HE is dating her because of her background
I agree w/your last statement - While Alex has money (his family does), I believe that dating a Princess gets him more clout, socially - before her, who heard of the guy? Was he really invited to all the events he now attends?
  #168  
Old 06-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Tosca's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Posts: 3,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaritaRT View Post
I agree with eveyrone who said that Carlotte's dress is nice, but the shoes are awful. I don't thing Charlotte is dating alex because of his money. She is rich enough herself. Maybe this is "true love", who knows... Maybe HE is dating her because of her background
In my parts there's an old adage that goes: " The more (money) they have, the more they want".

However I guess he's dating her for her social standing, as I don't see him to be much into her. Anyway they're young and have plenty of time to change their minds.
__________________
Let's go back to the old, and we'll have a progress! (Giuseppe Verdi)
  #169  
Old 06-13-2008, 12:56 PM
Elly C's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Worcester, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,306
I'm a little mystified as to why everyone appears to loathe Charlotte's boyfriend so much. I'm not aware he's behaved inappropriately since dating her, & both seem relaxed & happy in the relationship. Do we generally dislike someone because their looks aren't to our taste?
  #170  
Old 06-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Do we generally dislike someone because their looks aren't to our taste?
It would appear, in this instance, that the answer is yes.
  #171  
Old 06-13-2008, 03:07 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: odessa, Ukraine
Posts: 7
alex is just a spoilt little rich boy.everyone talks about his gallery as if he paid the multimillion pound price tag out of his own hard earned cash when the fact is his grandfather jack bought it for him.
  #172  
Old 06-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,499
I just have a very instinctive and primal bad feeling about him...not only do I not find him attractive but reading about his history of collecting famous trophy girlfriends left a sour taste.

I admit that my attitude is irrational and unfair, and obviously also none of my business. I am just being honest.
  #173  
Old 06-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 90
I think some of us are jerks, but usually we are able to say we told you so. I try not to judge by looks, but he looks dirty. Its certain mannerisms in photos and mainly because he dated ___ Jagger, that girl was nuts. I think a lot of people don't see him as good because he always has a drink with him. Since they started dating it also seems like Ms. Casiraghi has been drinking like a fish and hanging out with the wrong crowd. I'm sorry, but anyone who is closely related to Stavros (who is gorgeous, I saw him a few years ago) is probably not a good choice.

I think the other thing is yes he has money so do many of us. But that doesn't mean we don't go to school, yearn for more things in life such as Law School or Med School. The Queen of England may not be loved, but she is very smart on one thing: Have a function in life and Get A Job!
  #174  
Old 06-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Callaghan's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Champaign, United States
Posts: 21
Other than the fact that it is the fashion in THIS PARTICULAR ERA to diffuse jealous jibes about not "contributing to society" by doing something in the marketplace, WHY should it be better for these people to get "jobs"

If one finds something for which one feels a passion, sure, go ahead and work, by all means; if, however, you don't really need the money for survival and you aren't drawn to any one particular thing to the degree that you wish to pursue it as an occupation why should you?
Again, careerism has only become such an absolute requirement for social approval in the past...what...twenty-five years?

Not everyone has middle class needs or values nor should they be forced, at the risk of some society mob mentality and the pop opinion of the period to all follow the same paths.
Having something with which to occupy your mind and focus your desires is a fine thing, but that needn't be a "job" it could just be an enjoyable hobby.

And no, I don't subscribe to the insulting doctrine that everyone is going to tend toward vicious or negative habits unless their minds are taken up with performing some task for an outside entity; in fact people who DO subscribe to such a jaundiced view tell us a heck of a lot more about themselves and how they have been raised to view themselves and others than anything else.

I'm sure many of us have the inner resources to actually enjoy and use free time without resorting to crime or self destructive habits.
This is not to say that pursuing an outside career is bad, only that it is no more a one size fits all answer today as the idea that all women needed to marry and have children was the best idea 50 years ago.

As for Queen Elizabeth, this get a job stuff is every bit as much a 21st century sop to public opinion as was the virginity madness that Lady Diana was put through back in the '80s.
Let these women be themselves, and make your decisions from there. The lesson should have been learned.

For all that, Charlotte looks beautiful as always and I'm sure that given her background the things that attract her in a boyfriend are quite different from those that appeal to me (admittedly I'm 45). Still I'm really surprised that the realationship with Alex has lasted this long. I wonder if he would have made as much effort with another non-royal connected society girl.
  #175  
Old 06-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callaghan View Post
Other than the fact that it is the fashion in THIS PARTICULAR ERA to diffuse jealous jibes about not "contributing to society" by doing something in the marketplace, WHY should it be better for these people to get "jobs"

If one finds something for which one feels a passion, sure, go ahead and work, by all means; if, however, you don't really need the money for survival and you aren't drawn to any one particular thing to the degree that you wish to pursue it as an occupation why should you?
Again, careerism has only become such an absolute requirement for social approval in the past...what...twenty-five years?

Not everyone has middle class needs or values nor should they be forced, at the risk of some society mob mentality and the pop opinion of the period to all follow the same paths.
Having something with which to occupy your mind and focus your desires is a fine thing, but that needn't be a "job" it could just be an enjoyable hobby.

And no, I don't subscribe to the insulting doctrine that everyone is going to tend toward vicious or negative habits unless their minds are taken up with performing some task for an outside entity; in fact people who DO subscribe to such a jaundiced view tell us a heck of a lot more about themselves and how they have been raised to view themselves and others than anything else.

I'm sure many of us have the inner resources to actually enjoy and use free time without resorting to crime or self destructive habits.
This is not to say that pursuing an outside career is bad, only that it is no more a one size fits all answer today as the idea that all women needed to marry and have children was the best idea 50 years ago.

As for Queen Elizabeth, this get a job stuff is every bit as much a 21st century sop to public opinion as was the virginity madness that Lady Diana was put through back in the '80s.
Let these women be themselves, and make your decisions from there. The lesson should have been learned.

For all that, Charlotte looks beautiful as always and I'm sure that given her background the things that attract her in a boyfriend are quite different from those that appeal to me (admittedly I'm 45). Still I'm really surprised that the realationship with Alex has lasted this long. I wonder if he would have made as much effort with another non-royal connected society girl.

Good post and I couldn't agree more with the part about the obsession(particularly here in America) with getting a job or at least trying to get a job. I have said all along that if I was independently wealthy I would not feel compelled to work. I would however, feel compelled to expand my knowledge, my experience, my sense of the planet I inhabit and the people who inhabit it with me. There is nothing middle class about that at all, in my opinion.

Work for the sake of working is very highly over-rated!

But back to Alex...my problem with the dude is not that he doesn't have a gig. He obviously does, even though he doesn't need it. I think I posted above...he just rubs me the wrong way and appears...shallow..not to mention ugly but I digress! Your last paragraph pretty much sums it up...he discarded trophy girlfriends hand over fist until he stumbled upon Charlotte, the really big prize...whom he seems determined to hang onto.

There, I said it! And having said that I realize it's not ME that young Mr Dellal has to impress anyways.
  #176  
Old 06-14-2008, 10:32 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
Your last paragraph pretty much sums it up...he discarded trophy girlfriends hand over fist until he stumbled upon Charlotte, the really big prize...whom he seems determined to hang onto.

There, I said it! And having said that I realize it's not ME that young Mr Dellal has to impress anyways.
Lets be honest; all of us, at some stage run through boyfriends/girlfriends. Charlotte is no great big prize for Alex: she is a nobody in London Society, and a member of that rather 'euro trash' mini royal family. I am not saying I, in any way, agree with those sentiments, but that's the way it is. Alex looks do nothing for me either, but he could be lovely; we don't really know. He doesn't have to work, but he obviously has an interest in art and runs the gallery. He isn't pictured falling out of clubs, he has never, to my knowledge, embarassed himself in public.
  #177  
Old 06-14-2008, 11:57 AM
Elly C's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Worcester, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
Lets be honest; all of us, at some stage run through boyfriends/girlfriends. Charlotte is no great big prize for Alex: she is a nobody in London Society, and a member of that rather 'euro trash' mini royal family. I am not saying I, in any way, agree with those sentiments, but that's the way it is. Alex looks do nothing for me either, but he could be lovely; we don't really know. He doesn't have to work, but he obviously has an interest in art and runs the gallery. He isn't pictured falling out of clubs, he has never, to my knowledge, embarassed himself in public.
I must say I agree with this comment. Alex may not be everyone's ideal boyfriend for Charlotte but I don't think he deserves the level of criticism he's getting based on any assumptions about his reasons for dating her & a dislike of his general demeanour. I'm sure Charlotte is having as much fun as he is, & if it all ends in tears, she will definitely pick herself up & move on!
  #178  
Old 06-14-2008, 12:20 PM
bbb's Avatar
bbb bbb is offline
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lake texoma, United States
Posts: 1,060
all i know my "bad boy boyfriend" when i was in my 20's is just a secret little smile no one understands, i never considered marrying him, but he sure makes me appreciate the "real thing" i've got now. was it exciting, crazy, carefree (did i cry and think i was going to die when it ended)....yea -would i have wanted it for a lifetime...NO. she's young, in love and having fun, better to do it now than when she's hitting 50 and looks stupid having a mid life crisis. as long as she doesn't marry him and have to learn that lesson the hard way, i say "go girl". i'm sure caroline took to heart the lesson her mother learned the hard way, the more you dislike the guy, the more she draws closer, let loose the reins and let it take it's course. if he's a dawg, it'll come out, he's not my favorite, but charlotte looks very happy, that counts for something right now.
  #179  
Old 06-14-2008, 10:55 PM
christinacg's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 1,216
Supposedly Char is in Moscow. Does anyone have any pics?
  #180  
Old 06-15-2008, 12:25 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callaghan View Post
Other than the fact that it is the fashion in THIS PARTICULAR ERA to diffuse jealous jibes about not "contributing to society" by doing something in the marketplace, WHY should it be better for these people to get "jobs"

If one finds something for which one feels a passion, sure, go ahead and work, by all means; if, however, you don't really need the money for survival and you aren't drawn to any one particular thing to the degree that you wish to pursue it as an occupation why should you?
Again, careerism has only become such an absolute requirement for social approval in the past...what...twenty-five years?

Not everyone has middle class needs or values nor should they be forced, at the risk of some society mob mentality and the pop opinion of the period to all follow the same paths.
Having something with which to occupy your mind and focus your desires is a fine thing, but that needn't be a "job" it could just be an enjoyable hobby.

And no, I don't subscribe to the insulting doctrine that everyone is going to tend toward vicious or negative habits unless their minds are taken up with performing some task for an outside entity; in fact people who DO subscribe to such a jaundiced view tell us a heck of a lot more about themselves and how they have been raised to view themselves and others than anything else.

I'm sure many of us have the inner resources to actually enjoy and use free time without resorting to crime or self destructive habits.
This is not to say that pursuing an outside career is bad, only that it is no more a one size fits all answer today as the idea that all women needed to marry and have children was the best idea 50 years ago.

As for Queen Elizabeth, this get a job stuff is every bit as much a 21st century sop to public opinion as was the virginity madness that Lady Diana was put through back in the '80s.
Let these women be themselves, and make your decisions from there. The lesson should have been learned.

For all that, Charlotte looks beautiful as always and I'm sure that given her background the things that attract her in a boyfriend are quite different from those that appeal to me (admittedly I'm 45). Still I'm really surprised that the realationship with Alex has lasted this long. I wonder if he would have made as much effort with another non-royal connected society girl.

I wasn't making this personal, but I don't have some "jaundiced view". I also don't subscribe to some negative jealousy because as I said above "many of us have money". Next time I will be more careful what I say.

I don't think you understand what I was trying to say and took it the wrong way. I'm not a great writer so I will try to come across as clearly as I can. I don't want someone to get a job "by doing something in the marketplace" that they hate to just have a job for the sake of one. I probably used job it in the wrong connotation. Everyone needs something to do besides picking your tush. I want someone to find something and be productive in some type of way. Nor do you have to be mother Teresa, but when you have that much money and esp if you're dating a princess its nice to do charitable events. I know he likes art from reading what everyone says, so maybe he could do something with art besides owning a gallery.


I think a great movie to watch is Born Rich, I may not like all the interviews, but there are some great points in it. Jamie Johnson makes some interesting points especially when he has a conversation with his father. The most memorable part is when he asks his father what he should do with himself and his father gives him a reply like why would you want to do anything. Jamie just looks puzzled.

I'll say maybe he has changed since he has been with her. Maybe Jagger was just a phase in his life.
Oh yeah I saw this the other day

http://www.revista-caras.com.ar/ed_1...os/nota7_1.jpg
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 28 : Nov.2007 - Dec.2007 tbhrc Current Events Archive 195 12-17-2007 04:02 AM
Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 25 : June 2007 - Aug.2007 tbhrc Current Events Archive 190 08-08-2007 06:13 PM
Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 24 : April 2007 - June 2007 tbhrc Current Events Archive 190 06-19-2007 02:49 PM
Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 4 : April 2003 - Dec.2004 Alexandria Current Events Archive 238 12-18-2004 01:12 PM
Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 1 : Dec.2002 - Oct.2003 Lorraine Current Events Archive 194 10-31-2003 03:31 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 belgian state visit to japan best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style christening of prince alexander coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events december duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll fashion suggestions grand duke jean greece jubilee kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament oscars picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:24 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises