The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwroble View Post
in london :(
oh, but does anyone know where in paris she used to hang around. what cafes or bars?? just out of curiousity
It's not such a bad thing, she still seems to spend quite a bit of time in Paris and presumably still has her appartment (if she or her mother owned it), after all it's only 2 hours or so on the train between the two cities. I think the attraction, for her, is the fact that by writing, in English, in Britian, she is avoiding the fuss that goes along with who she is, and who her family are. I mean in France or Italy she would be unable to have such a career, and the Americans would probably grap hold of the Grace Kelly granddaughter angle. In London she is nothing more than a society daughter who has written a few articles, and believe me there are many of those around, so she can start her career, get necessary experience, and see how it goes. i think it' a rather shrewd move, whoevers idea it was.

As for where she hangs out in Paris, I don't know. There were many pictures of her taken in St Germain des Pres area, but it's a big enough area, and her school was there, so I don't know sorry. As for the bars/clubs she goes to, well probably more expensive and exclusive than your average Joe anyway. I do remember hearing she liked hanging around in the VIP area in some club off the C. Elysee but I can't for the life of me remember the name.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco View Post
On this pic 2 you can see Charlotte and the girl from this pic IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65
But she looks a lot like Charlotte.
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65
char does not have earrings the woman in the pic with him does...

Old 04-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Gentry

thanks, very informative. what u said about starting her career in london makes sense....still i'm not sure if she really plans on working in her later life...i guess we have to wait and see.
ohh, and I wonder if her bf lives with her there....what u guys think?
I miss seeing more pictures of her
Old 04-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwroble View Post
thanks, very informative. what u said about starting her career in london makes sense....still i'm not sure if she really plans on working in her later life...i guess we have to wait and see.
ohh, and I wonder if her bf lives with her there....what u guys think?
I miss seeing more pictures of her
Well she can work, or she can live of the family money. I doubt she will be required to do much PR/charity work, as regards Monaco, and if she is planning to write in English, than London is probably the best place to go. Besides if she fancies a freelance journalistic career, well then that woulsd enable her to have plenty of time to do any 'royal' work in Monaco. I mean I presume she will want to work. She won't inherit her mothers position, and Albert may yet marry, and I don't see her (from the things her mother has said in interviews) being the type to happily squander any talent or potential she has. P. Caroline once said that Charlotte was reduced to tears when she went to ask a teacher about applying to University, and he replied: why on earth do you want to do that, your family has money. P. Caroline was/is apparently incredibly intelligent, and was/is somewhat resentful of the fact that her life took away, any option she had of a career. I am sure she has passed this down to her daughter. I actually see Charlotte as being the most disiciplined and determined of her children.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:47 AM
Courtier

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
P. Caroline once said that Charlotte was reduced to tears when she went to ask a teacher about applying to University, and he replied: why on earth do you want to do that, your family has money
When/where did Princess Caroline say that?
Old 04-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by acid_rain3075 View Post
When/where did Princess Caroline say that?
I actually don't know the orginal source for the interview, but it was an interview with her that was reported in Hello magazine, to celebrate her fifth birthday. I doubt Hello actually did the interview, but if you can find the edition, which was around the end of January 2007, then the interview was there. It made me feel a bit sad for Charlotte, but then Caroline also said that she can't stand her children moaning about their life as they had so much, and others have nothing. Actually it may have been an interview she gave to promote her children's charity work.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:12 AM
Courtier
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
I actually don't know the orginal source for the interview, but it was an interview with her that was reported in Hello magazine, to celebrate her fifth birthday. I doubt Hello actually did the interview, but if you can find the edition, which was around the end of January 2007, then the interview was there. It made me feel a bit sad for Charlotte, but then Caroline also said that she can't stand her children moaning about their life as they had so much, and others have nothing. Actually it may have been an interview she gave to promote her children's charity work.
That's interesting : I read the almost exact same quote, in Paris-Match, when P. Caroline's children were still high school students. It was an interview given in the context of her work with AMADE. Apparently, one of Charlotte's teachers wondered why she would want to pursue higher studies, and I remember P. Caroline's using the word "méchant" (mean-spirited) or "stupid" to describe the statement. In that interview, she also said that whenever her children would want to watch television, she would admonish them to do something "creative" instead. She hated the passivity television breeds.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:21 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals View Post
That's interesting : I read the almost exact same quote, in Paris-Match, when P. Caroline's children were still high school students. It was an interview given in the context of her work with AMADE. Apparently, one of Charlotte's teachers wondered why she would want to pursue higher studies, and I remember P. Caroline's using the word "méchant" (mean-spirited) or "stupid" to describe the statement. In that interview, she also said that whenever her children would want to watch television, she would admonish them to do something "creative" instead. She hated the passivity television breeds.
That may have been the orginal source, I will look for the magazine and see. I do remember her making several comments through the years about hating children watching TV.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Gentry

yeah... it was from hellomagazine.. I red that interview, I think I have still that magazine
Old 04-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Courtier

do you think you can post it!
Old 04-08-2008, 11:12 AM

Smile What's the meaning of this pic (ya toura ...? )

IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

Old 04-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Gentry

well actually it was the spanish edition of this magazine, ¡HOLA!. I have to search it 'cause I keep a lot of the magazines I buy hehe.. but yeah, in the interview, princess caroline said that the professor answer charlotte : why do you want to study? you don't have to work if you want, because your family have a lot of money, or something like that.
I'LL SEARCH IT!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Aristocracy

The original words by Princess Caroline (as being reported in ihola.com)

....When a teacher said to my daughter: "Why do u want to study, your family has enough money." It is an insulting and evil...

The link has been posted by tbhrc at this thread...

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ne-2081-2.html

the link of the article is
Ãœbersetzte Version von http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2004/04/23/carolina_monaco/
Old 04-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Serene Highness

I remember the interview too, but it didn't mention that Charlotte was reduced to tears.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Courtier

So I know that a lot of people did not like Charlotte's dress at the Rose Ball but she is #2 Best Dressed for the week on Vogue's 10 Best Dressed right now. Here is the link: Vogue's 10 Best Dressed of the Week edited by Alexandra Kotur on Style.com

*I'm not sure if this should go in this thread or in the Rose Ball thread so mods feel free to move it!*
Old 04-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbaby318 View Post
So I know that a lot of people did not like Charlotte's dress at the Rose Ball but she is #2 Best Dressed for the week on Vogue's 10 Best Dressed right now. Here is the link: Vogue's 10 Best Dressed of the Week edited by Alexandra Kotur on Style.com

*I'm not sure if this should go in this thread or in the Rose Ball thread so mods feel free to move it!*
Thanks for the link.

I don't know waht to think... maybe only that they are tastes and tastes...
I'm one of those who doesn't like Charlotte's terrible dress. One of the ugliest which I saw on her.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Courtier

maybe im wrong but i think it went with theme well. I really like it as i think only she can pull it off but then some really did not like it . i think she look great.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Hello to everyone. Thee is an article about Charlotte on hola.com diario de actualidad, moda y belleza. Can someone help with translation?
Heerunder the link

CARLOTA DE MÓNACO: AMOR Y TRABAJO EN LONDRES

Thanks
Old 04-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
I remember the interview too, but it didn't mention that Charlotte was reduced to tears.
Well perhaps not; I can't remember, I was just recalling from memory, but the general implication was that she was upset by it.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:02 PM
Aristocracy

new picture?

I found this strange picture of Charlotte,somebody knows who is that guy?

Image - TinyPic - Erfahrungen gemeinsam machen!™

source: group charlottecasiraghi1984

Closed Thread