The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 12:24 PM

I think she is starting to age. The smoking is getting to her.

Old 01-20-2004, 01:02 PM
Nobility

My thoughts exactly..Then again Caroline wasn't a great model concerning smoking either..:( Hopefully she doesn't have to pay the proce. My friend's father had smoked since the age of 10 and died of cancer, not to mention the emphesyma he had to contend with.

Here in Canada selling smokes to minors is not permitted..

Old 01-20-2004, 01:09 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally posted by montecarlo@Jan 20th, 2004 - 9:11 am
I still can't believe Charlotte smokes. No wonder she's so skinny!!! Caroline needs to be more strict with her children.
Well, Caroline smokes as well, so I don't think she could forbid Char. But she could warn her. When my father (who smokes) found out I smoked he just told me that once I start it would be very hard to stop. So I stoped. Besides being bad for my health, ut was expensive, altough I don't think that's a problem for Charlotte. But nowadays there 's so much information about what smoking does to you that I think Charlotte would have more conscience...
Old 01-20-2004, 07:08 PM
Courtier

Caroline and Ernst need to make a conscious effort not to smoke in front of their children. I happen to have pictures of Ernst Jr., Christian, Andrea, Pierre, and Charlotte smoking. Who's next....Alexandra?

I wonder what Charlotte is thinking....Does she want to look like her aunt Stephanie?
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2004, 07:13 PM
Serene Highness

I know... it's crazy, you would think ONE of them wouldn't smoke... hopefully Alexandra won't!!

Guest2003 could you post the picture of Christian smoking?? I've never seen it!
Old 01-20-2004, 07:16 PM
Courtier

Sure but let me look for it....Give me a second.
Old 01-20-2004, 07:21 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Guest2003@Jan 20th, 2004 - 7:08 pm
Caroline and Ernst need to make a conscious effort not to smoke in front of their children. I happen to have pictures of Ernst Jr., Christian, Andrea, Pierre, and Charlotte smoking. Who's next....Alexandra?

I wonder what Charlotte is thinking....Does she want to look like her aunt Stephanie?
A family tradition goes on?
Old 01-20-2004, 07:23 PM
Serene Highness

Well it isn't abnormal in European countries to smoke... bit of a what's the word... cultural thing!
Old 01-20-2004, 07:39 PM
Courtier

I'm trying to group all of them together....I hope the picture fits on this site....

....Okay I am having a hard time uploading the picture....Don't any of you remember seeing Christian smoke?....It happened while they were on vacation in Venice, Italy. At first I thought it was Pierre but when I looked closely it was Christian.
Old 01-20-2004, 08:18 PM
Serene Highness

ah, danke!! :flower:

I'll look through my pictures, never noticed it before
Old 01-20-2004, 08:24 PM
Courtier

Christian doesn't look to good in the pictures. His hair is really messy....It's as if he just rolled out of bed....I think the pictures were taken in the summer of 2002....All I know is it was in Venice, Italy.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:32 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, his hair does look a bit messy... but Ernst's ALWAYS looks that way.. that's what I like about him...
Old 01-20-2004, 11:46 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the pix..

I agree that Caroline never should have let her children start smoking so young and she should have been stricter.. But Caroline started smoking as a teen and obviously does not have a problem with this nasty habit.

I also really hate that Charlotte smokes.. She is much too gorgeous and young to be picking up such a nasty habit that will ruin her health and looks in the end..

She's still extremely beautiful and so the smoking has not runied her looks right now, but years from now she will prematurely age just like Caroline and Stephanie have..

I hope that Charlotte will eventually quit smoking for the sake of her own health!
Old 01-21-2004, 12:28 AM
Commoner

I understand that Charlotte is taking baccalaureat exams, what is baccalaureat exams anyway?
Old 01-21-2004, 12:35 AM
Serene Highness

The baccalaureat is the official French high school diploma...
Old 01-21-2004, 12:55 AM
Commoner

oh, thanks kittencrews. I stumbled on several pictures of charlotte with her brother yesterday, and I saw this young man with the name Hubertus? (is that right) with charlotte. Whos is he? he seemed close to her, can somebody tell me more about him?
Old 01-21-2004, 01:20 AM
Serene Highness

me again.. ... Baron Hubertus Herring von Frankensdorf... he's a "friend of her brother's" but they seem close to me...
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2004, 02:26 AM
Courtier

Cute picture...I like that one!

As for the whole smoking deal; people make a much bigger deal out of smoking in the US then they do in most of Europe. TO them smoking is natural, and no one really cares. In fact the idea of NON-Smoking area's is controversial for many places, which could be a big part of why Caroline and Stephanie see no problems with smoking. So whether it is looked down upon in the US, it's not there and it's no big deal.

Also in many places in Europe there is no set age for when buying or selling Cigarettes is ok, so they can't really punish people for selling to minors as they do in Canada and the US (Age 18 in most US States...)
Old 01-21-2004, 02:34 AM
Majesty

In sweden the limit is 18, and you have to show a ID.
for the store i think there is a fine of you sell to those under 18

in sweden we get more and more smoke free zoons....soon its only in your home that you can smoke.....
Old 01-21-2004, 02:40 AM
Courtier

There are a ton of places like that here in Colorado as well. Boulder (for example) is completely smoke free in public areas, which means you can only smoke in the privacy of your own home. Many places in Downtown Denver are doing the same thing. Aspen attempted it, but there are many International guests who travel to the mountain and it's quite difficult to explain over and over that smoking is not allowed, when they smoke all the time without hassle, so the non-smokers just kind of gave up on that idea.