The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 04:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Britters@Jan 21st, 2004 - 2:26 am
Cute picture...I like that one!

As for the whole smoking deal; people make a much bigger deal out of smoking in the US then they do in most of Europe. TO them smoking is natural, and no one really cares. In fact the idea of NON-Smoking area's is controversial for many places, which could be a big part of why Caroline and Stephanie see no problems with smoking. So whether it is looked down upon in the US, it's not there and it's no big deal.

Also in many places in Europe there is no set age for when buying or selling Cigarettes is ok, so they can't really punish people for selling to minors as they do in Canada and the US (Age 18 in most US States...)
I'm told that the cigs are different in Europe. From what I'm told they're much more toxic here. Also, there is a more active lifestyle Europe (for one thing, people walk more) and the diet is completely different. Smoking is a real health issue here in North America because we combine it with so many other unhealthy habits.

Where I live there is no smoking in public spaces and some semi-private ones too (like there are condos where you can't smoke in the building). There are age restrictions in places in Europe too, btw. Here it is 18.

Anyway, it is a gross habit. I know because I used to do it.

Sean

Old 01-21-2004, 04:07 AM
Courtier

I smoke as well...and yes while it is a somewhat nasty habit, it's something I chose.

You are correct Sean, the cigs in Europe tend to be less potent. However they still sell some potent brands...for example Marlboro is a big name in many European places...so I guess it all just depends on what you smoke...

Old 01-21-2004, 04:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Britters@Jan 21st, 2004 - 3:07 am
I smoke as well...and yes while it is a somewhat nasty habit, it's something I chose.

You are correct Sean, the cigs in Europe tend to be less potent. However they still sell some potent brands...for example Marlboro is a big name in many European places...so I guess it all just depends on what you smoke...
Lol. I used to take the same approach too. I *wanted* to smoke. It was only after the asthma started that I knew I had to quit. I only started after high school and had quite by the time I was in my early 20s. Anyway, we live and learn.

With regards to your second point, I was talking to a European acquiantance of mine and he said that even the Marlborough's there are less potent compared to here. I still maintain think that smoking here is such a big deal because it is combined with so many other bad things. Moderation seems to be term that some of us often forget.

Regards,

S
Old 01-21-2004, 11:46 AM
Serene Highness

Well Caroline smokes Winston's... so are they different here than in Europe?

hmm... maybe we should have moved these posts to the thread dedicated to Caroline's smoking
Old 01-21-2004, 11:52 AM
Majesty

will its time to start the next thread....
it wll be the fourth thread all about Charlotte see you there
Old 01-21-2004, 11:52 AM
Serene Highness

Forgot... I found the perfect quote to explain Caroline's childraising techniques!

"The thing to remember is that children are not ours. They don't belong to us. They come through us," Caroline has said. "So you can just show them the doors and maybe try to give them keys, if you have them, but they've got to choose the door and use the key. Protection has its limits. It doesn't mean stifling or smothering people. In the name of love, a lot of damage can be done."

Her children have sure found the key to the smoking door!
Old 01-21-2004, 11:55 AM
Majesty

here is the link to the fourt thread all about charlotte - see you there
Old 02-16-2004, 09:59 AM

Hey,,, wait a minute,,, How could this white trash be similar to charlotte,,, No way,,,,, stop try to find another char,, because thats imposible.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:28 PM
Courtier

Please watch how you refer to other people. "white trash" is not a very polite term.
Thank you
Old 02-17-2004, 12:49 PM
Nobility

Adriana and Charlotte are very similar in physical appearance but not in personality nor style. As for Adriana being "white trash," well incase you haven't noticed, she's not even pure "white." Her blood is mixed with Portuguese, Native-American, Japanese, and African.
Old 02-21-2004, 11:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Of course Charlotte is an individual with an own character, and an own look, but if I should choose THE look-alike of Charlotte, I would choose the french actress Sophie Marceau...ok, she“s older than Charlotte, but in younger years she looked so much like Charlotte...and most of all like the "natural" Charlotte-without tons of make up in her face...

Sophie1
Sophie2
Old 02-23-2004, 10:05 AM
Commoner

i dont think Adriana is like char, in this photo that montecarlo have posted she is not very pretty...... !! And she have a bad mouth !
She is not like Char
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2004, 11:36 AM
Serene Highness

She's much prettier than Charlotte.
Old 02-23-2004, 01:28 PM
Nobility

People who admire Charlotte Casiraghi need to realize that she's not the most beautiful woman in the world. There are countless others that are just as beautiful as her.

Bubbette, Adriana appears much more exotic than Charlotte, in my opinion.
Old 02-23-2004, 06:46 PM
Commoner

yaaaaaaaaa but it's normal that she isnt the most beautiful girl in he world!!!
it's true!! Adriana is exotic is like brasilian not like char
So...everybody have different preferences B)
a to everyone :P
Old 04-10-2004, 04:05 AM
Aristocracy

Hi montecarlo and everybody else.

Take a look at this girl. She's brazilian too. I don't know how much she looks like Charlotte because I didn't take the time to analize. But the first time I saw her(on TV), Charlotte was the first thing that came into my head. I'm just a little frustrated that this girl smiles to much. Their smile are nothing alike! When I saw her on TV she was looking serious. Well, in the first and the last link you can see it better.

http://www.globalbeauties.com/gb/coverage/...images/c_rr.jpg

http://www.globalbeauties.com/gb/coverage/...images/3_rr.jpg

http://www.2xr.com.br/missbrasil/dia%2004%.../thumbs/i42.jpg

This last one I couldn't save the link. You have to go there and see the thumbnail written Roraima under it.

http://www.missbrasiloficial.com.br/temp/i...otos/index.html
Old 04-14-2004, 07:05 PM
Serene Highness

Their coloring is the same but that is about it.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubbette@Apr 14th, 2004 - 5:05 pm
Their coloring is the same but that is about it.
She also has a giant rounded mouth and many rounded lines just like Charlotte.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:47 PM
Nobility

She doesn't resemble Charlotte at all when she smiles. By the way, what's her name?
Old 04-14-2004, 11:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by montecarlo@Apr 14th, 2004 - 8:47 pm
She doesn't resemble Charlotte at all when she smiles. By the way, what's her name?
As I said before, their smile are nothing alike. In the thumbnail she serious(even though the pic is too small). And in the first pic she's smilling just a little so, you can already see that she has a big mouth and rounded lines(just to have a notion). Her name is Catarina Guerra.