The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 12:35 AM
Gentry

Hello Everyone I was curious to know if anybody here has heard charlotte's voice? I wanted to know what kind of accent she has, is it that slightly british accent like her mother's or an american accent like her Uncle Albert? Thanx a bunch!!

Old 04-26-2004, 02:13 AM
Nobility

yeah, it really would be nice to know indeed.

Old 04-26-2004, 02:29 AM
Courtier

wow. i was reading all these criticisms and praises and arguments about charlotte and if i were her, all i'd have to say is: "ah...the price of fame and fortune..."

Old 04-26-2004, 12:05 PM
Aristocracy

hey sandee......this is a geuss but wouldn't charlotte have a stronger chance of having a french accent? I mean she is fluent in French, Italian, English and I think she understands German.

But growing up and going to school in Saint Remy-de-Provence and then Fontainebleu I think she would be more predisposed to a French accent rather than English accent. Prince Albert went to university at Amherst in the US which I think to some degree explains his accent and he has travelled alot too.

totally agree with neptune on jensen and charlotte :P

Alexander Smith

Old 04-26-2004, 01:44 PM
Commoner

"THE NEPTUNE ACCENT THEORY"

Her accent when speaking english will depend on how old she was when she learnt the language and also by whom she was taught.

The younger she was when she learnt english the less she will sound french or italian.

If she did learn young (Before age 8) and her teacher was american then she'll probably sound american, if shes learnt from her mum then she may sound english.

My guess................. yank!
Old 04-26-2004, 02:10 PM
Nobility

Rainier, Caroline, and Andrea all have English accents. So, I'm guessing that Charlotte does too.

Andrea's voice:
http://www.lestribunesroyales.com/forums/i...topic=3519&st=0
Old 04-26-2004, 02:12 PM
Nobility

Charlotte is fluent in French and English, but knows some Italian and German.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:53 PM
Commoner

i'd be surprised if char wasn't fluent in italian, she's half italian.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:55 PM
Nobility

Just because she's half Italian that doesn't mean she's fluent in Italian. My best friend is Mexican-American and she doesn't speak a word of Spanish. According to an article, Charlotte's paternal grandmother was very upset with Caroline for not teaching her children enough about their Italian heritage.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:57 PM
Commoner

the JUMP BOST Fontainebleau starts today (30th April) and runs through till the 2nd of May. I wonder if Char will be attending this year
Old 04-30-2004, 02:10 PM
Commoner

does anyone know when charlottes exams will be?
they must coming up soon

if anyone on here does know charlotte tell her we wish her all the best.
Old 04-30-2004, 04:28 PM
Commoner

Char placed 48th on the horse CLAIRECHEN and 49th on the horse EOLISCO yesterday.......i know nothing about horse comps, so this question may seem dumb to some people, but why does she ride two different horses in the same round (or whatever its called!&#33??
Old 04-30-2004, 04:50 PM
Serene Highness

lol... it's not a stupid question... I know from competitions I was in when I was younger you can compete on different horses just for experience and for testing the horse you want to ride in "bigger" competitions... I don't know if that is true in France...

p.s. she competed today, not yesterday
:P
Old 04-30-2004, 05:28 PM
Gentry

48th and 49th. That's not bad. How many people competed?
Old 04-30-2004, 07:30 PM
Commoner

thanks kittencrews!! and for me it was yesterday cos i live in new zealand and it was 8.30ish in the morning that i posted that over here on the 1st of may!!!

Joy to the world: i think that was last, well she was last on the list of placings anyway
Old 04-30-2004, 07:38 PM
Aristocracy

she came last.....ouch that must have hurt !

Alexander Smith

Old 05-01-2004, 01:49 AM
Serene Highness

Well I think they only listed the top 50 so that could be the reason she was on the very bottom... but indeed it is not one of her finest performances... but they aren't the horses she used to compete on either!
Old 05-01-2004, 05:47 AM
Aristocracy

Happy May 1st everybody!!! Have been partying all night with friends and there's more fun in store for today! (April 30th is when the biggest parties of the year are thrown in Finland, it's one of the best known "national holidays".) Take care,

miau
Old 05-01-2004, 06:05 AM
Aristocracy

I believe that Charlotte no longer takes her riding hobby very seriously. She doesn't take part in as many competitions as she did before, there are no pictures of her training, she doesn't seem to be as much interested any more, somehow. And, what's with the horses? Clairechen and Eolisco... Could it be that I'm wrong in saying that she doesn't take riding seriously any more, and could it be that she has taken to training a couple of young horses so that she can compete on them later on? All serious riders strive to train their horses themselves so that the horses turn out the way they like.

I would like to hear more news on Charlotte. She's in the middle of a phase of change in her life and there's probably a lot going on in her life. Does anyone know when the French take their baccalaureate? I wonder if we'll get to hear her results. Watchman, if you're still around, do you happen to know anything about Charlotte's studies? Is she good at school or what?

Does anybody have the photos of Charlotte from Le Printemps de l'Art (or something like that) in Monaco?
Old 05-01-2004, 01:19 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think that she is taking it less seriously I think that we could assume she is concentrating more on her exams and not riding. Also, you have to remember Caroline went to court last year for control over the pictures taken of her family so the media could have backed down due to that!!