Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 3 : April 2004 - July 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad about the Monaco jumping competition being cancelled. I was looking forward to those pix as well.

I think Charlotte is very beautiful, lovely, and an all around good looking person who also possesses style and elegance. I have always thought she was attractive and still do.

I have never met Charlotte and so I can't judge her personality or anything else. However, I think she's a young girl who seems to be very studious, private, and family oriented. She doesn't seem stuck up to me and as I have never met her then I can't judge. I judge people by how they treat me, etc. not on rumors or heresay. Charlotte is very young and still has a lot to learn. She will find her way in the end. Charlotte and Caroline are still two of my fave royals. :flower:

According to the Yahoo Group: charcanet

" Events NEWS!: As many of you may realized the "10ème Jumping de Monte Carlo" didin't started last thursday 15th like it was previewd; we don't know the reason why the date has been changed, but we know that it's going to be from April 22nd to 24th. (Hope they don't change the date again *s*). "

Nope edit that. It is cancelled!!

a Newer message on charcanet, from the actual Monte Carlo organisers said

"The dates concerning the Jumping of Monte-Carlo were
confused because the Jumping has been cancelled for
The next edition of the Jumping will take place in
april 2005 and the dates should be on April 21, 22 &
23."

hi, i am new to this forum. I have been searching for news about charlotte for quite a time... this forum has loads of those. charlotte is my fav royalty and i like everyone else, i think she is really beautiful.

Originally posted by renats@Apr 19th, 2004 - 4:28 pm
Miau,

I respect your opinion but why can't I disagree? Just because I think she not pretty, it doesn't mean that I dislike her. Besides, I find her attractive. But I think that her natural beauty is a natural "beauty". The only things that I find naturally gorgeous on her are her eyes and hair. The rest I find "not good looking" or unproportional. But she's charming and elegant, what makes her attractive. Why is that such a problem?
I wrote my comments above in order to point out how sick I am to hear negative comments about Charlotte all the time. Nowadays you hear nothing about the girl except criticism, some negative comments of which are absolutely absurd. My posts weren't addressed directly to you - or to any specific person's posts on this postboard, for that matter. I just felt it was time for a wake-up call.

In the following list, I have collected just some of the criticisms:

- She wears monochrome colours too much
- She dresses like my granny, far too old for her age
- She combines items in an unsuitable way
- She's lost her fashion sense
- Her body is far from perfect, unproportioned and weird
- Her legs are skeletal and her knees lumpy
- Riding has deformed her thighs
- She isn't exactly well-endowed
- She should cut her untidy lengths of hair
- I liked her hair colour better when it was darker
- Her hairstyle has gotten into a rut and she doesn't wear her hair up as much any more, which is a shame
- Her hair is too large and thick
- Her bangs cover her eyes and make her face seem unattractive
- She wears too little makeup
- I liked her teeth better the way they were before her riding accident
- She has wrinkles under her eyes
- She always looks bored and/or tired

You can add to the list if you like.

The old adage says that "Nobody is perfect." We should respect that about Charlotte, because she is a mere person, not a goddess or whatnot. I do agree with ALL of your points, miau (referring to your points), and as for the vanity thing, many people are seen as a little stuck up because they're not as extroverted as others are. Growing up in a family like Charlotte's and having her status must've added to this .. aloof disposition she has, so we can't judge her by that.

:( it's impossible to me to see the pic of Max and Charlotte. :cry:
when I click I only see a red cross, anything else.
Watchman, please, can you send me this pic or post again?
thank you

Originally posted by miau+Apr 21st, 2004 - 2:17 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (miau @ Apr 21st, 2004 - 2:17 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-renats@Apr 19th, 2004 - 4:28 pm
Miau,

I respect your opinion but why can't I disagree? Just because I think she not pretty, it doesn't mean that I dislike her. Besides, I find her attractive. But I think that her natural beauty is a natural "beauty". The only things that I find naturally gorgeous on her are her eyes and hair. The rest I find "not good looking" or unproportional. But she's charming and elegant, what makes her attractive. Why is that such a problem?
I wrote my comments above in order to point out how sick I am to hear negative comments about Charlotte all the time. Nowadays you hear nothing about the girl except criticism, some negative comments of which are absolutely absurd. My posts weren't addressed directly to you - or to any specific person's posts on this postboard, for that matter. I just felt it was time for a wake-up call.

In the following list, I have collected just some of the criticisms:

- She wears monochrome colours too much
- She dresses like my granny, far too old for her age
- She combines items in an unsuitable way
- She's lost her fashion sense
- Her body is far from perfect, unproportioned and weird
- Her legs are skeletal and her knees lumpy
- Riding has deformed her thighs
- She isn't exactly well-endowed
- She should cut her untidy lengths of hair
- I liked her hair colour better when it was darker
- Her hairstyle has gotten into a rut and she doesn't wear her hair up as much any more, which is a shame
- Her hair is too large and thick
- Her bangs cover her eyes and make her face seem unattractive
- She wears too little makeup
- I liked her teeth better the way they were before her riding accident
- She has wrinkles under her eyes
- She always looks bored and/or tired

You can add to the list if you like. [/b][/quote]
I don't agree with everything pointed, but I agree with some of it. Negative opinions are as valuable as positive ones. There's no reason to be so defensive about it. If the comments are absurd or not, it's a matter of opinion. I don't agree that there're only negative comments about her lately. I actually see more positive than negative ones. IMO, you are just seeing our comments in bigger proportions. And I also think that most people that like her are more realistic now than they used to be. I agree that she's a person and not a goddess, and I think that that's exactly why we don't have to reffer to her like one. Even if we hatted her(which we don't), we would have that right, and we would have the right to say so. You don't have to like the negative comments but those comments should be respected. No matter how many they are or how much you disagree.

:angry: Miau, I have to agree with you. My God, the poor girl's only 17 and people are pointing out how horrible everything about her is.
I personally find Charlotte to still be quite stunning, and, if genetics are an indicator of anything, she will only get more beautiful with age. Now, granted, I don't like her hair and she is a bit gaunt, but she still remains the most beautiful royal out there, perhaps with the exception of her mother.
Also, I think her personality is quite interesting, and to me, in pictures, she always seems quite gracious, royal, and personable. I can't see where people get off saying she always looks bored.
Why does everyone one this message board seem all too content to start bashing Charlotte all of a sudden? After all, she is human, and humans have all too visible flaws. Just because she happens to have acquired one or two microscopic flaws in her appearance doesn't give people an excuse to knock her. And aside from that, most of the people attacking her are probably doing it to help settle and aleve their own insecurities.
So, instead of knocking Charlotte's very meager faults, why don't we praise her accomplishments and good qualities. As my mother says, if you don't have anything goood to say, KEEP YOUR FAT MOUTH SHUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by grecka+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (grecka)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I personally find Charlotte to still be quite stunning, and, if genetics are an indicator of anything, she will only get more beautiful with age.  Now, granted, I don't like her hair and she is a bit gaunt, but she still remains the most beautiful royal out there, perhaps with the exception of her mother. 
     Also, I think her personality is quite interesting, and to me, in pictures, she always seems quite gracious, royal, and personable.  I can't see where people get off saying she always looks bored. [/b]

Your opinion. Should be respected, but we may agree or not.

Originally posted by grecka+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (grecka)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Why does everyone one this message board seem all too content to start bashing Charlotte all of a sudden?[/b]

The question should be: Why do some people in this board seem to not respect other people's opinions all of a sudden?

And bashing? That's a very strong word. I don't see things that way.

Originally posted by grecka
Just because she happens to have acquired one or two microscopic flaws in her appearance doesn't give people an excuse to knock her.

I don't agree that she just has a few microscopic flaws and I don't have to agree. She's human, that means that she has tons of flaws.

<!--QuoteBegin-grecka
@
And aside from that, most of the people attacking her are probably doing it to help settle and aleve their own insecurities.
So, instead of knocking Charlotte's very meager faults, why don't we praise her accomplishments and good qualities.
[/quote]

I think it's the opposite. I think that people that do their best to see her as almost perfect are trying to settle their own insecurities. I try to see things the way they are. Both the good and the bad stuff. I don't try to "cover" any of the sides.

<!--QuoteBegin-grecka

As my mother says, if you don't have anything goood to say, KEEP YOUR FAT MOUTH SHUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

If you like things that way, it's fine. It's your decision. But my mother thought me different values and different ways to express my thoughts and feelings(and with different words). And I thank her for that!

You're simply being difficult. Sure, you have a right to your opinion. This is America, land of the free, home of homicidal presidents who invade foreign countries, but when you say things which are both completely unreasonable, and cruel, I have a right to point out your cruelty. Charlotte didn't chose to be a public figure and, aside from that, she is not an adult. It seems to me a bit below the belt and very cruel to attack someone like that whom you don't even know. How would you feel if you were scrutinized about everything from your hair to your choice of shoes every time a photographer snapped a picture of you? I know you'll answer you wouldn't mind it, as it would come with the territory, just to be contrary, but, if you were in Charlotte's shoes, I'm sure you'd be a little peeved by the fact that people would be scrutinizing your actions. That is why I defend Charlotte and denounce your offensive comments. She should be able to grow up to be a fine, upstanding adult without people who don't even know her saying horrible things about her at this crucial maturing stage.

Originally posted by grecka@Apr 21st, 2004 - 11:36 pm
You're simply being difficult.  Sure, you have a right to your opinion.  This is America, land of the free, home of homicidal presidents who invade foreign countries, but when you say things which are both completely unreasonable, and cruel, I have a right to point out your cruelty.  Charlotte didn't chose to be a public figure and, aside from that, she is not an adult.  It seems to me a bit below the belt and very cruel to attack someone like that whom you don't even know.  How would you feel if you were scrutinized about everything from your hair to your choice of shoes every time a photographer snapped a picture of you?  I know you'll answer you wouldn't mind it, as it would come with the territory, just to be contrary, but, if you were in Charlotte's shoes, I'm sure you'd be a little peeved by the fact that people would be scrutinizing your actions. That is why I defend Charlotte and denounce your offensive comments.  She should be able to grow up to be a fine, upstanding adult without people who don't even know her saying horrible things about her at this crucial maturing stage.
First of all, I'm just a few months older than she is, so, don't put age in the middle of this. And even if I wasn't......that just seems to be a popular excuse now. Second, it seems that you're blaming me for the negative comments that EVERYBODY made. I support everybody's right to their opinions but I can only respond for my own. Yes, I would mind to be in her shoes, but not for the reasons that you said. I agree that in the end, she receives more critics than she deserves. But she also receives more compliments than she deserves. So,I think it evens out. I don't think it's offensive to say that she's not good looking. I'm just being honest. It would be offensive if I was making fun of her because of that, and I'm not.

People are not making negative comments only. You are the one only paying attention to those.

Originally posted by renats@Apr 21st, 2004 - 8:54 pm
I think it's the opposite. I think that people that do their best to see her as almost perfect are trying to settle their own insecurities. I try to see things the way they are. Both the good and the bad stuff. I don't try to "cover" any of the sides.
This is a minor point, but I would just like to point out that I don't see Charlotte as almost perfect or any kind of goddess for that matter. My defending her has nothing to do with that and it has nothing whatsoever to do with my supposed personal insecurities. :rolleyes: And oh yes, I see things very much the way they are; I just don't feel the need to criticize other people about trivial things like appearance unless there is something really wrong with the way they look (e.g. anorexia).

Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion, yes, and I do not feel that I showed disrespect to you in posting my own comments. I was calling for more positivity on this board, because I - personally - would like to participate in conversations in which people would try to learn and share things about the topic (and about any number of side topics - and each other) with a more positive outlook. :flower: My humble wish is also that people would treat each other with kindness here and take other participants' feelings into consideration in their choice of words. Thank you. :heart:

only women would spend so long talking about the same thing OvEr and oVeR again

lets all share our opinions and be nice to one another FULL STOP

This is a minor point, but I would just like to point out that I don't see Charlotte as almost perfect or any kind of goddess for that matter. My defending her has nothing to do with that and it has nothing whatsoever to do with my supposed personal insecurities.

I wasn't reffering to you in specific.

I just don't feel the need to criticize other people about trivial things like appearance unless there is something really wrong with the way they look

Your choice! We have the right to our own.

take other participants' feelings into consideration in their choice of words.

Now you're just being unreasonable. You complainned so much about what people talk about Charlotte but the quote "KEEP YOUR FAT MOUTH SHUT!!!"(by grecka) is more rude than anything that it was ever said about Charlotte here.

Originally posted by neptune@Apr 22nd, 2004 - 3:38 am

lets all share our opinions and be nice to one another FULL STOP
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And yes, good point!

Originally posted by renats+Apr 22nd, 2004 - 4:08 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (renats @ Apr 22nd, 2004 - 4:08 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-neptune@Apr 22nd, 2004 - 3:38 am

lets all share our opinions and be nice to one another  FULL STOP
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And yes, good point! [/b][/quote]
I quite agree!

Originally posted by renats@Apr 22nd, 2004 - 4:06 am
Your choice! We have the right to our own.

take other participants' feelings into consideration in their choice of words.

Now you're just being unreasonable. You complainned so much about what people talk about Charlotte but the quote "KEEP YOUR FAT MOUTH SHUT!!!"(by grecka) is more rude than anything that it was ever said about Charlotte here.
Yes, in this world, certain people do make the choice of being uncivilized/impolite/uncaring/rude, too. (Note, that I'm not referring to anyone specifically here.) They surely are allowed to make that choice, but it isn't necessarily appreciated/respected. My "choice" was about no one getting hurt; your "choice" results in, not necessarily Charlotte getting hurt, but at least hurting the feelings of some people on this board.

What you're saying is that I am being unreasonable and then you refer to something that Grecka said above. Am I being unreasonable because I admitted what kind of feelings this discussion evoked in me, or is it just that I'm unreasonable because I would like everyone to be considerate and polite to each other? So, Have I hurt anyone's feelings here? I don't think I have, at least not in this discussion. I directed my plea for taking other people's feelings into consideration to everyone on this board, including Grecka, in order to keep this place nice and friendly. (Besides, I don't think Grecka's language was at all that bad, because she was quoting someone and not directing the words at any one person here. What can she do if her mother uses language like that?)

If people don't start respecting each other here, the thread will be closed. If anyone has a problem with another poster, take it off the board. This thread is about Charlotte Casiraghi. Consider this warning 1...

Originally posted by grecka@Apr 21st, 2004 - 9:02 pm
As my mother says, if you don't have anything goood to say, KEEP YOUR FAT MOUTH SHUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Comments such as this are under absolutely no circumstances tolerated here. You may not like what others have to say, you may absolutely disagree with their comments or suggestions, but in no way is anyone to tell another person to shut up. That is absolutely disrespectful to not only the member(s) whom this is addressed to, but to the whole forum.

You may disagree with members comments through a civilized reply, but in no way are you to tell them to be quiet. Even Team Members would not say that to any member.

Alexandria

I in no way was telling anyone to shut up. I was simply stating the fact that my mother says, as do most peoples' mothers, that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it. If my comments were in any way misconstrued as being malicious or designed to offend anyone, I am deeply sorry. I neither meant to silence nor offend anyone. I simply wanted to express my own feelings. I will be sure I either indicate there's no malice intended when I say such things in the future, or to not say them at all. Again, I apologize, most especially to renats, and hope that, despite our differences of opinion, I and the other people posting on this board may continue to share thoughts and feelings with each other. Thanks, Grecka :heart:

Originally posted by Alexandria+Apr 22nd, 2004 - 6:23 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alexandria @ Apr 22nd, 2004 - 6:23 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-grecka@Apr 21st, 2004 - 9:02 pm
As my mother says, if you don't have anything goood to say, KEEP YOUR FAT MOUTH SHUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Comments such as this are under absolutely no circumstances tolerated here. You may not like what others have to say, you may absolutely disagree with their comments or suggestions, but in no way is anyone to tell another person to shut up. That is absolutely disrespectful to not only the member(s) whom this is addressed to, but to the whole forum.

You may disagree with members comments through a civilized reply, but in no way are you to tell them to be quiet. Even Team Members would not say that to any member.

Alexandria [/b][/quote]
Thank you! :flower:

Originally posted by grecka@Apr 22nd, 2004 - 10:00 pm
I in no way was telling anyone to shut up. I was simply stating the fact that my mother says, as do most peoples' mothers, that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it. If my comments were in any way misconstrued as being malicious or designed to offend anyone, I am deeply sorry. I neither meant to silence nor offend anyone. I simply wanted to express my own feelings. I will be sure I either indicate there's no malice intended when I say such things in the future, or to not say them at all. Again, I apologize, most especially to renats, and hope that, despite our differences of opinion, I and the other people posting on this board may continue to share thoughts and feelings with each other. Thanks, Grecka :heart:
Thank you. And don't worry, we're cool! ;)

That's nice to know. Is it just me, or is this board getting way too serious? We need to find something hilarious, easy-going, and non-argumentative to gab about. Any suggestions? ;)

Hate to answer my own question, but, this is something that just poked into my head. Is it just me, or does it seem that if Charlotte and P. William had kids, they'd look hilariously awkward. I mean, with Prince William's very imposing English Windsor features and Charlotte's delicate features combines, what would come out? Michael Jackson w/ P. William's nose? Too horrible to think about. :sick:

well to find out, we could try morphing them! get p. william's baby pic and get charlotte's baby pic, and see what comes out.

being new in this forum, i dod not have a good facial picture of p. william and of charlotte. do any of you have those? if i can get them, i'll probably can do some morphing and get several pic.

thanks bobby8 sharon, my bandwidth is too slow now, i couldn't view the pics. i'll try again tomorrow morning. hope the pics are detail enough to do the morph.

does anyone else want to do this other then me? it will be good to see other work..

whoa! Charlotte is beautiful! I love her cute, upturned nose, I think thats her best feature. She is quite a knockout, although Princess Madeleine could give her stiff competition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom