Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 28 : Nov.2007 - Dec.2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't need promotion, Dellals are London's high society. I think Charlotte is the one who kind of invaded his crowds, no other way round... JMO

I think Alex is more like Phillipe Junot was an opportunist - Alex, like Phillpe, seems to be preying on a younger, more vulnerable member of the so-called jet set. Why not find someone like a Kate Middleton, or maybe Alex isn't really a part of the London high society as it's been claimed - yes, he has money, doesn't mean he has class. He needs Charlotte to make him more respectable. I think Felix liked being able to go to events he may not have otherwise been invited to.

Why should find someon like kate Middleton????
IMO Kate M is so much more classier than Alex!!

K. Middleton is just boring IMO. Why should he date someone like her just to prove he's high society. He belongs to the cool crowd (Dellals, Richards', Jaggers), and not boring stuck up crowd. Besides, Casiraghis are obviously party kids themselves, so I think Alex and Charlotte are good match.

Seriously not to offend anybody, Kate cant be considered as 'classy', she is a very 'normal' girl. Dellals family may belong to the London's high society but not for other communities or countries. They stand as a family not as an individual figure except Alice Dellal who is a top model. But I agree that Charlotte may have courage to come to London because her connection with Alex. They did say she is an independent lady but without any social circle that she trust, I dont think she would make the first move (to be based in London)... :rolleyes:

I agree about Kate M.
Well all famous siblings stand as families, to people who don't know much about them, Casiraghis too. For me both Charlotte D. and Alice stand very individual, cos they're so different, and both have great styles. (btw Alice is not top model, she just appears in eds occasionaly and even lesser on runway)

What I meant by Kate Middleton, is that he should find someone his own age, and financially sound/connected - not necessarily royalty. I believe he's latched onto Charlotte because she's younger, and maybe more vulnerable than someone like a Kate M - has probably dated more, more experienced. If Alex is so prominent in London, then why isn't anyone in London society interested?!

But aren't Charlotte and him about the same age (isn't he 23-24)? It's not big difference (I don't even consider it any difference).
And how do you know noone is interested.
1) how could we possibly know that
2) he has a girlfriend
3) and what's the deal with all this, him being prominent or not...

What I meant by Kate Middleton, is that he should find someone his own age, and financially sound/connected - not necessarily royalty. I believe he's latched onto Charlotte because she's younger, and maybe more vulnerable than someone like a Kate M - has probably dated more, more experienced. If Alex is so prominent in London, then why isn't anyone in London society interested?!

I think there is a lack in understanding the term ‘London Society’. Alex is not apart of the young ‘aristocratic’ London set (which would be British society in this case), like the Windsor grandkids. He would be a part of the ‘well moneyed’ set; Alex is probably better off than Charlotte. I doubt he is exploiting her, they run in the same ‘jet set’ circles. It is, however, probably a bonus, in his circle, to have a girlfriend whose family, are royal. Alex does, however, have a reputation as a playboy. However Charlotte is only 21 and she will probably have many more boyfriends in the future. If he does break her heart, well she is young enough to recover.

Kate Middleton is very ‘classy’, from a personality point of view (that is something money can’t buy). Her parents are very wealthy, but she is not a natural part of the ‘aristocratic’ set, and she would not be part of Alex’s set either. She is more, in the definition of British snobbery, a member of the well moneyed upper middle class; infinitely more preferred in British royal circles, than the likes of Alex and his friends would be.

Last edited:
Yeah Alex doesn't really mix with the titled London set...more the celebrity London set. Charlotte, despite being a royal, also doesn't mix with that set of people either. I think since Monaco has always been more open to celebs and other "common" folks in society, they tend to be less snobbish.

Besides she wouldn't fit in with the Princes circle of friends from what we know about them and what we know about her. Charlotte's crowd is more fashion forward and edgy.

I always thought Charlotte should've traded up from Felix...but when I say that I mean to someone like Gaspard Ulliel who looks a lot like Felix...LOL

The December British Vogue named Charlotte C. and Alex to the "Who's glamorous now" list. Also named were Andrea D. and Alice D., but not Charlotte D. Maybe they thought that would be confusing.

They called Charlotte C. and Alex a publicity-shy Euro couple with matching full lips, olive skin and beautiful bodies. Also called them gilded youth.

So EternalMuse has posted the pic of Char with Yasmin LeBon but it is so tiny that you can't even really see anything. From what I can tell she is wearing a black off the shoulder velvet dress and it looks like Charlotte D. is with her too. So here it is:

Image - TinyPic - Share the Experience!™

He doesn't need promotion, Dellals are London's high society. I think Charlotte is the one who kind of invaded his crowds, no other way round... JMO

agreee...

But aren't Charlotte and him about the same age (isn't he 23-24)? It's not big difference (I don't even consider it any difference).

it's noting, just 2-3 years, it's not the end of the world :cool:...if he was 30, 40 or plus, i'd understand..but like shappica said, it's not a big difference...in all case for me..

She wasn't at Paris FW, so I think she'll be there this time, because it's in London and it's Chanel...

Pics 5.12.2007

Charlotte arriving at the Chanel Party at Nobu,
London, England - 05.12.07

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Charlotte arriving at the Chanel Party at Nobu,
London, England - 05.12.07

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

thx iceflower for the pics....

can't see what the boots look like but i love the outfit...she's beautiful :wub:...hope we'll have other pics from the inside soon...can't wait to see the entire outfit...:flowers:

Thanks Iceflower for the pics!:flowers:
Charlotte looks great, I like her outfit but IMO that short skirts don't look nice on her.

I think her hair is a bit lighter. Especially if you look at the pictures from the Fetish exhibit and compare them to the pics from this summer when her hair was very dark.

I think her hair is a bit lighter. Especially if you look at the pictures from the Fetish exhibit and compare them to the pics from this summer when her hair was very dark.

dark hair in summer?
light hair in winter?
That makes no sense . . . . . . so she colours her hair:lol:

I like what she's wearing, from what I can see. The shoes are bugging me, I wish we had better pics.
About hair, I think it's because of light...

You are most welcome :flowers:
Here are a few more pics of Charlotte yesterday,
I especially like the first one as to her great smile:

- Pic 1 - Pic 2 - Pic 3 - Pic 4 -

thanks for putting them up iceflower!

i really like them! she looks quite happy in the first one and pretty much stressed out in the third one, bet it's because of all of the photographers..

does anyone knows if she'll write another article about the chanel show? and how long will she stay in london?

that is the type of pap attention she would get if she was out constantly on the town. No wonder she keeps a lower profile...

Don't know why she's stressed with the photographers...it's a fashion party, they practically camp out there to see the 'who's who' of the creme! But she's smiling at the same time, so she's probably laughing at them :lol:

@ shappica: She's wearing gray boots with a wedge heel..looks like they are peep toe as well, but I'm not too sure.

that is the type of pap attention she would get if she was out constantly on the town. No wonder she keeps a lower profile...

There were a lot of photographers there, but Charlotte was not their focus. There was Kate Moss, Kylie, Kelly Osbourne, Thandie Newton etc, and the biggest Pap star of the Chanel night, and the one who appears in all the newspapers today, Emma 'Hermione' Watson. Emma was all decked out in Chanel and red lipstick. I swear they are groomimg her to be the next face of Coco Mademoiselle. I didn't see one picture of Charlotte, from the party, in the papers today. Although there was a mention that she was there. I think it is great for Charlotte, the English Paps aren't really interested in her, so her time in London is giving her a privacy, I doubt she has ever had before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom