Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 28 : Nov.2007 - Dec.2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlotte's going to be on the E! Channel's "20 Most Fabulous Billionaire Heiresses"

I have already watched that show last summer on E!. It is ok, nothing special. They say what we already know about Charlotte.

This is a new edition on E!...you probably saw the VH1 show about royals or the True Hollywood story on E! in the past which briefly featured Charlotte too. This is new...it probably won't be anything groundbreaking...but still...

I watched two VH1 shows, one about young hot royals the other about heiresses and they said the same things, all we know of course... And they don't even use the best pictures, it annoys me. But still, nice to see that she's getting recognition in the US.

This is a new edition on E!...you probably saw the VH1 show about royals or the True Hollywood story on E! in the past which briefly featured Charlotte too. This is new...it probably won't be anything groundbreaking...but still...

I don't know Zembia.:)
I only remember it was on E!, the title was the same, "20 Most Fabulous Billionaire Heiresses", and it briefly featured Charlotte, as you said.
So, you are probably right, this should be a new one, but same title.
I agree with you, it will be still nice to watch it.:flowers:

Charlotte is 10th most Eligible (there is that word again)

:wub:
So Prince Harry and his girlfriend of three years Chelsy Davy have split amid rumours of her being terrified of being 'pigeonholed as a princess'. But plenty of other eligible - and not so eligible - young women are desperate for that very title. We present a list of the hopefuls...
10. CHARLOTTE CASIRAGHI
Genuine royalty, though only of the Eurotrash variety. Charlotte, 21, is the daughter of Princess Caroline of Monaco, granddaughter of Grace Kelly, and fourth in line to the throne of the sunny principality.

After her industrialist father Stefano Casiraghi died in a boating accident when she was four, her paternal grandparents Giancarlo and Fernanda Casiraghi gave her a nice present - a small island off Sardinia worth $9million.

Charlotte has appeared in the French and Italian papers, but now she's working for one here - The Independent on Sunday.

Source
Pearlman, Natasha and Mishaal Khan: "Who will hook Harry next? The eligible beauties who could help the prince mend his broken heart," The Daily Mail, 12 November 2007

Eurotrash! Excuse you the daily mail...psssht!

And ew to the fact that they put his 1st(!!) cousin on the list...ugh...sick

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO: But.. yeah, cant believe they put Earl Spencer's daughter name on the list :confused: If so, they should consider Beatrice and Eugenie too, at least they familiar with ins and outs of royalty (I mean the palace).

But we should be proud of our 'princess', she's on every list. You name it (billionaires heiresses, 'eligible' bachelor, 'eligible' royalist, glamorous ladies, best dress or even potential girlfriend/partner), she's in it... lovely!! :wub:

Yep, I was really surprised that Kitty Spencer was on there. That is just disgusting. But that wasn't the only thing annoying about the article.... they messed up with a typo on Girl Number 6 ("Vanessa" AGC). Vanessa, as they noted in the text, is really the mother of Girl Number 6, in other words mother of Gabriella, the Calthorpe girl who was actually candidate number 6.

But most of all, the worst thing about it.......... Once again, Charlotte is some unworthy number. Ten?! I don't care what the list is about. Any list that has Charlotte on it must have her at #1 spot! And not call her family Eurotrash! :lol:

Ok, so maybe they are a bit Eurotrashy.... I dunno. I don't even know exactly what Eurotrash means! But it doesn't sound very flattering, does it? :doh:

Eurotrash is like bad house music, huge diamonds, orange tans and wearing lots of Dolce and Dior.

Anyway Charlotte...I don't know...I don't want to insult Harry too much. But I feel as though she is alittle ahead of him intelligence-wise...and class...she doesn't seem like the type of girl who gets drunked up at Mahiki. And the British royal family has never really respected Monaco's royals, even Grace was snubbed for years...

There are a lot of arguable terms associated with Charlotte lately:lol:, first ELIGIBLE now EUROTRASH, hmm, what will be next...:rolleyes:

And anyway if Euro mean European and Trash means...well, TRAHS, then...no, wait, I still have no idea what it means :bang:

Anyway Charlotte...I don't know...I don't want to insult Harry too much. But I feel as though she is alittle ahead of him intelligence-wise...and class...she doesn't seem like the type of girl who gets drunked up at Mahiki. And the British royal family has never really respected Monaco's royals, even Grace was snubbed for years...

yep! That's true
They are different. (Harry is not eligible and eurotrash enought:lol:)
I mean, why should they love each other if they have nothing in commom. Only because they are both royals? I also said that I would like to see Char with Harry a few days ago. But I thought about it and I arrived at the conclusion that I only liked the imagination of a "Princess Charlotte" and a "perfect royal couple".

Actually if you go into the dictionary it says that Eurotrash is simply rich European socialites (esp. those living or working in the U.S.). Not sure if that helps much but whatever

The French and English lifestyles are so different, and I know it's fun to speculate on a match between the Casiraghis and Windsors, but in reality, I cannot imagine it would work. From what little I know as an American, it seems there are enough differences between the Principality of Monaco and the Kingdom of England - doesn't a Principality have less power; also, when there is an event in Monaco, it seems that the top people in power in other countries do not always attend - correct me if I'm wrong, though.

The French and English lifestyles are so different, and I know it's fun to speculate on a match between the Casiraghis and Windsors, but in reality, I cannot imagine it would work. From what little I know as an American, it seems there are enough differences between the Principality of Monaco and the Kingdom of England - doesn't a Principality have less power; also, when there is an event in Monaco, it seems that the top people in power in other countries do not always attend - correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Just because theire families work differently doesn't mean they wouldn't get along great. They seem to have some similar friends and interests. Its could work

I can't believe this article referred to Monaco royals as Eurotrash. Grace, Caroline and Charlotte are anything but.

But I thought about it and I arrived at the conclusion that I only liked the imagination of a "Princess Charlotte" and a "perfect royal couple".

That's true of me too but it only hit me after reading your post.

About "eurotrash", I guess it's like a parody of european B List celebrities. The footballers, footballer wives, ex Spice Girls, Charlotte Church! :lol:
In other words, definitely not the Grimaldis! :doh:

Eurotrash?! Says the magazine that listed a first cousin, as a match. Now that's trash!

Actually if you go into the dictionary it says that Eurotrash is simply rich European socialites (esp. those living or working in the U.S.). Not sure if that helps much but whatever

Actually it does help! :flowers:

To be honest, I never really heard the word before but it sounds offensive..most probably because it is very similar to the word 'whitetrash' which indisputably has a negative connotation. So I was baffled that the Daily Mail would use such a word, but if they meant European socialite...then surely it cannot be so negative:neutral:

I've heard the Grimaldi's called Eurotrash on several occasions, mostly due to the scandals of the Grimaldi trio. Affairs, illegitimate children, Pop star careers, these don't exactly spell "class" to a lot of people. I don't think it is fair to label Charlotte this, as I have seen nothing from her that is the least bit trashy.

Well, it seems like we all agree that Miss Casiraghi is not Eurotrash whatever some of her relatives' past, or friends' present, leanings. We seem to also agree that The Daily Mail is a pile of Daily Rubbish for calling our dear Charlotte's family such a derogatory term. :bang: We should drop the eurotrash discussion before we get the telling-off from the moderators. I know it was really my fault, as I brought up the question of what the hell the term means, and please accept my full apologies. :blush:

They actually had really good pics of Char in the Heiress special tonight on E!...she was ranked #19 at 1.5 billion and was the only royal on the list.

Time to move on from the topic of Euro Trash.

Thank you.

I saw it. For some reason I thought that the Grimaldi family was valued at more money than that (though it is a massive amount already).

Here's a link to the featured heiresses, it's a joint special from E! and Forbes, called "The 20 Most Intriguing Billionaire Heiresses." Ranking was based on net worth.

In Pictures: The 20 Most Intriguing Billionaire Heiresses - Forbes.com
1.2 Billion Dollar . . . only cash or also valuable articles like castles, jewels, her island . . .
Does anybody know where she gets her money? I mean of cause she is rich but. . . . does she get money from her mother (like pocket money) . . . maybe from Albert?. . . did she inherit money from her dad (I think so). . . I have no idea.

1.2 Billion Dollar . . . only cash or also valuable articles like castles, jewels, her island . . .
Does anybody know where she gets her money? I mean of cause she is rich but. . . . does she get money from her mother (like pocket money) . . . maybe from Albert?. . . did she inherit money from her dad (I think so). . . I have no idea.

in the ford list, each time the amount which is indicated is the family's wealth so in charlotte case, that is pss caroline's...if i remember well, when prince rainier died, pss caroline inherited more than 1 billion dollar...from her mother, she might inherit about 250 millions dollars, i think, from her father i don't know how he was worth..so i can't help you....for albert i don't know either...and i think that the castle belongs to the reigning prince (not sure about that)...

I sincerely doubt that Charlotte wrote the majority of that article; I have no doubt that she contributed to it though. That the independent would let an intern, who has yet to gain a degree, and who doesn’t even speak English as a first language, write such an article for their Saturday edition beggars belief somewhat. I, however, think that it is absolutely marvellous that Charlotte has this internship: they are difficult to get and I would say that for her to get it means that she is very bright. Given the relative difficulty of breaking into journalism, if this is to be her chosen career, this internship (and having contributed to such an article) will give her a massive head start.

She probably has a trust fund set up that she lives off of...I doubt she physically sits down and writes out checks to pay her own bills each month...it's all probably taken care of by someone who runs her estate, like a money manager. She probably gets a few credit cards to buy stuff with and can get cash anytime from an account.

I sincerely doubt that Charlotte wrote the majority of that article; I have no doubt that she contributed to it though. That the independent would let an intern, who has yet to gain a degree, and who doesn’t even speak English as a first language, write such an article for their Saturday edition beggars belief somewhat. I, however, think that it is absolutely marvellous that Charlotte has this internship: they are difficult to get and I would say that for her to get it means that she is very bright. Given the relative difficulty of breaking into journalism, if this is to be her chosen career, this internship (and having contributed to such an article) will give her a massive head start.

It looks like the majority of it was written from her perspective since she was at that party with Louboutin and Lynch. But most articles do have 2 writers and so did hers...I don't think it's too hard to believe that she could do this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom