The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #161  
Old 12-11-2007, 12:04 AM
talula's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 94
Well, I believe that the society that Charlotte hangs out with may not be soo wild, and if they are then they are most probably 'house wild' since we don't hear about it in the media.

Plus, for a 21yr old, like myself, it's good to be exposed to change. I'm sure she's having the time of her life!
__________________

  #162  
Old 12-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: vienna, Austria
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
She is a younger 21 than her mother's 21. Charlotte reminds me so much of young Stephanie sometimes. I know I've said that before but it strikes me again so strongly. I'm impressed also by the comparatively low-key presence of Charlotte and her friends at the event (no poses with Karl). One wonders if we should expect a certain intern to write about it for the 'Sindy'. But she was not wearing a press pass....
Sorry - but I found Stephanie much more attractive at the same age. Her shape, her face were just breathtaking. Stephanie also showed more beauty from inside. She was more genuine and down to earth
Within the last year Charlotte has put on this arrogant face and attitude which is very annoying and inappropriate - an expression she perfectly inherited from her mother.
Also her shape is not that great. She has to watch out not to become heavy built like her paternal grandmother. Her legs are rather short and she is not very tall. You can tell she fights with her weight.
Only her face is really really pretty.
Time will show how well she ages. Stephanie didn't do a very good job in that and also Princess Grace became heavy with the years and her face was kind of bloated.
__________________

  #163  
Old 12-11-2007, 01:41 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,413
Charlotte is haughty sometimes (like Caroline) but she also has something of her aunt's sweetness, I think. I also won't disagree with thekla about Caroline's arrogance, though. I think I am somewhere between agreeing and disagreeing with thekla. Charlotte is gorgeous in face and body (this is a subjective matter, as body shapes go, svelte versus curvy is a matter of preference) but, yes, sometimes haughty. It's not just Caroline's influence there. It's her friends. Eugenie is one of the haughtiest people I've ever seen, and god, Cecile Winckler has become Miss Junior Haughty. I do believe all this socialite stuff has gone to Cecile's head. But anyway, I must not say anymore because it would be going so much further off topic of Charlotte's current events.......

I also must hold my tongue (eh, fingers) about the drinking, as I could have made some unfair generalizations. I'm sure that one finds alcohol abuse in all parts of the world, maybe more so in some parts than others, but still, everywhere has its alcoholics.

Talula makes a good point. Charlotte was probably prepared to meet a different culture in the London social scene. It's great that she is exposing herself to a new scene. One hopes she will experience many other scenes in the course of her future.

I hope that Charlotte will take a drink from the NYC life like Andrea, and maybe also follow Stephanie's example by spending time in LA. Though if she does come to LA, I hope she only comes for a brief visit, maybe with Eugenie for a few weeks. I would rather that she not try to be an actress or something.
  #164  
Old 12-11-2007, 02:41 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 173
y I just wanted to say too, about the speculation about Stefano, and his assets. French inheritance law is very unlike that of the British law (particularly property law)), and it heavily favours offspring, above spouses. You are also not free to bequest at will, and must conform to their inheritance law. I don’t really know if that is the same for monetary inheritance (although I think it is). When my father was buying property in France, he decided to rent instead, as the law meant that my brother and I would be the primary inheritors, to the practical exclusion of our mother, if he should die (he didn’t want that). There are of course, legal, ways around this, but we were non – nationals so decided to leave it. The ways around it generally limit inheritance tax, between spouses, and ensure that you can distribute your assets, as you wish. Inheritance tax can be huge, as in France, legally your spouses is not your heir.

Also it is practically impossible that he died intestate. With that amount of money his solicitors and accountants, would have insisted that he made a will. If he had died intestate the children would have inherited a quarter of his estate each (as their were three); this would leave Caroline with only a quarter for herself, and the fact that his other family members would also have has a claim to this share, as they were de son sang. .
  #165  
Old 12-12-2007, 11:15 AM
mizzy2006's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alor setar, Malaysia
Posts: 230
If you find Charlotte Casiraghi as the most attractive woman, dont forget to VOTE for her in Hello Magazine. You can vote every 15 minute. I want my PRINCESS to win!!!

HELLO! Vote for...
  #166  
Old 12-12-2007, 12:27 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,413
^ Well it would be cool to have Athina win this thing for a change but oh all right I will vote for Charlotte, again.
  #167  
Old 12-12-2007, 01:34 PM
mizzy2006's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alor setar, Malaysia
Posts: 230
Oh my God, Casiragitrio, remember your name... anything to do with Casiraghi, VOTE!!!!
  #168  
Old 12-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Charlotte is haughty sometimes (like Caroline) but she also has something of her aunt's sweetness, I think. I also won't disagree with thekla about Caroline's arrogance, though. I think I am somewhere between agreeing and disagreeing with thekla. Charlotte is gorgeous in face and body (this is a subjective matter, as body shapes go, svelte versus curvy is a matter of preference) but, yes, sometimes haughty. It's not just Caroline's influence there. It's her friends. Eugenie is one of the haughtiest people I've ever seen, and god, Cecile Winckler has become Miss Junior Haughty. I do believe all this socialite stuff has gone to Cecile's head. But anyway, I must not say anymore because it would be going so much further off topic of Charlotte's current events.......
But that is the way a lot of Parisian women are; the men tend to somewhat friendlier,and more teasing. I mean I would never stop a women in Paris and ask for directions, even though some are brilliantly friendly. Paris isn't really a terribly friendly city. It is a rather aggressive city; you wouldn't want to have thin skin. Charlotte is really a Parisian, as are most of her friends. I once got yelled at for going to the: wrong ticket desk, at a train station, for accidently being served first in a cue, plus have been rather sneered at for my grammer mistakes in French (although a lot of French people seem rather pleased that I can understand and speak French, and that I don't talk to them in English persuming they understand it). Don't get me wrong, I love Paris, it is one of my favourite places on this earth, and I love that the people there have no BS, and do away with the social necessities. However, people are much friendlier in London, and even New York; and they are much bigger, and busier cities.
  #169  
Old 12-12-2007, 03:31 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
But that is the way a lot of Parisian women are; the men tend to somewhat friendlier,and more teasing. I mean I would never stop a women in Paris and ask for directions, even though some are brilliantly friendly. Paris isn't really a terribly friendly city. It is a rather aggressive city; you wouldn't want to have thin skin. Charlotte is really a Parisian, as are most of her friends. I once got yelled at for going to the: wrong ticket desk, at a train station, for accidently being served first in a cue, plus have been rather sneered at for my grammer mistakes in French (although a lot of French people seem rather pleased that I can understand and speak French, and that I don't talk to them in English persuming they understand it). Don't get me wrong, I love Paris, it is one of my favourite places on this earth, and I love that the people there have no BS, and do away with the social necessities. However, people are much friendlier in London, and even New York; and they are much bigger, and busier cities.
Yeah, New Yorkers are friendly (for the most part of them) but even friendlier (as the metropolitans go) are the Bostonians.

I agree about Charlotte: cool Parisian, no BS, a cool cat.

Well, the cool Parisian is neck and neck with Athina in the vote. I just clicked the vote again, for Charlotte. Athina is still ahead but who knows, anything could happen........ my two favorite girls, finally, neck to neck in the poll.
  #170  
Old 12-12-2007, 03:55 PM
shappica's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Posts: 438
But it's a beauty poll, I really have nothing against Athina, but she's just not beautiful IMO. (maybe, and just maybe, pretty)
  #171  
Old 12-12-2007, 04:51 PM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by shappica View Post
But it's a beauty poll, I really have nothing against Athina, but she's just not beautiful IMO. (maybe, and just maybe, pretty)
Agree with you. I find Athina lovely, but MY GOD, how can she have double votes than Charlotte???
  #172  
Old 12-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Yeah, New Yorkers are friendly (for the most part of them) but even friendlier (as the metropolitans go) are the Bostonians.

I agree about Charlotte: cool Parisian, no BS, a cool cat.
I have relations in Boston, but never been there. In general American’s are friendlier than Europeans. Certain cities/nationalities within Europe, being very stereotypical here, are friendlier than others.

I feel really sorry for American’s when they come to certain parts of Europe (especially the countries that their ancestors came from), and are all excitedly telling people about their ancestors, and all the locals are all surly and disgusted; that the American stranger dared talk to them. The tourists probably think we hate them: we don’t, we’re just not that friendly; never look at, yet a lone talk to a stranger.

I was shocked by people in New York, they were so friendly and welcoming; trust me we’re not like that, although Londoners (which would be Europe’s biggest city) are fairly friendly, but not like the New Yorkers.
  #173  
Old 12-12-2007, 10:17 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by shappica View Post
But it's a beauty poll, I really have nothing against Athina, but she's just not beautiful IMO. (maybe, and just maybe, pretty)
I can't disagree, but actually the poll is about ATTRACTIVE, which is different from beauty or prettiness. People can be attractive without being gorgeous. It's about the essence, or their style, or just something about them unique, which can make them very attractive. To me, Athina has always been attractive.

But more to the point, I voted for Charlotte (4x) ok? Is everyone happy?

No?

I think I understand....... no sleeping until Charlotte is safely #1?

The girl who has everything....... we want her to have more, and more, and more!

I know, I need to bookmark that link and try to remember to go vote every few hours....... 4x won't cut it. Athina is like more than 200 points up I think. Athina is now at nearly 450 and Charlotte 231. I guess I could put an alert on my pda....... hehe
  #174  
Old 12-13-2007, 01:13 AM
mizzy2006's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alor setar, Malaysia
Posts: 230
Mannn.. I'd never done it before. I just let the web open in my office. Keep voting every 15 minutes which relevant to 4 times vote per hour each person. My boss would kill me if he knows...
  #175  
Old 12-13-2007, 03:55 AM
kittencrews's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,081
i agree that athina is quite lovely but i´m admit Hello didn´t do her justice with the photo they chose... her´s is the worst but i guess that doesn´t matter since she´s in the lead!
__________________
Don't squat with yer spurs on
  #176  
Old 12-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: roma, Italy
Posts: 16
does somebody know something about charlotte's grey boots?I LOVE THAT!!!!!!
THANKS
  #177  
Old 12-13-2007, 11:25 AM
Vera Friedel's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Roma, Italy
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekla View Post
Sorry - but I found Stephanie much more attractive at the same age. Her shape, her face were just breathtaking. Stephanie also showed more beauty from inside. She was more genuine and down to earth
Within the last year Charlotte has put on this arrogant face and attitude which is very annoying and inappropriate - an expression she perfectly inherited from her mother.
Also her shape is not that great. She has to watch out not to become heavy built like her paternal grandmother. Her legs are rather short and she is not very tall. You can tell she fights with her weight.
Only her face is really really pretty.
Time will show how well she ages. Stephanie didn't do a very good job in that and also Princess Grace became heavy with the years and her face was kind of bloated.

















I agree with you 100%. Stéphanie at the very same age as Charlotte was far more attractive than her.
  #178  
Old 12-13-2007, 12:21 PM
mizzy2006's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alor setar, Malaysia
Posts: 230
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".. base on individual perspective. For me, nobody can compare the beauty of two person’s. Everybody said Alexandra will be a beautiful girl, she may become one but she will look totally different from her elder sister. Though, I found Charlotte much more attractive than her sister at her age. I dont know her personally and I don think I will meet with her in my entire life, so I cant comment on her attitude only by seeing her pic. Yes, she looks snobbish. But with that kind of look, all the parisian girls will look snobbish too. However, I didn't find Stephanie as attractive as her sister. Looks fierce and totally different from the princesses that we can find from the story books

Just like I do not see Kate as an attractive, pretty or classy girl.. but yeah! William also seems different compare to few years ago... where he looked just like the 'prince charming' in the story book . But now..he's 'ok'...

Just like the vote in Hello Magazine. Attihina was one of the popular girls before she married. Now, we rarely see her in the magz, quite strange she leads now in the poll... maybe somebody jealous of Charlotte or maybe the whole Greek get together and vote for her. Greek is quite bigger than Monaco...
  #179  
Old 12-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 141
I agree with you about london friendliness, although in my experience irish (maybe not that much in dublin, but in other parts of ireland) are maybe the most helpful and friendly people in europe.
If we are talking big towns, then yes, to me, in London is were you find more polite and friendly people. After London for me Paris comes in second (coming from london yourself parisians may seem cold, but you should compare them witn other big towns in europe!!!), and as much as spaniards have the reputation of being friendly and open, I have to say that if we are talking big european cities, in Madrid you will find the colder and less helping population in Europe!!!!
(if we were comparing countries, then the less friendly would be the eastern countries by far!!!!)
  #180  
Old 12-13-2007, 01:54 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittencrews View Post
i agree that athina is quite lovely but i´m admit Hello didn´t do her justice with the photo they chose... her´s is the worst but i guess that doesn´t matter since she´s in the lead!
This is hilarious! Who knew? I just went to the poll page to click in another vote for Char but no more. I give up. Athina is up to 675 votes, Char not even up to 400! I think it's a lost battle. Very surprising. Athina is a cute girl but who knew she would claim so much votes, up against Char and Keira.... If she knew it, I think she would be ....well besides flattered, very amused!

About the big towns and attitudes, everyone has notions about general attitudes of people here, people there. We should try to drop these notions. Negative thoughts breed. I'd rather think of everyone as a bunch of lovely people I have not had the honor of meeting yet.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pierre Casiraghi Current Events 11 : June 2007 - Nov.2007 tbhrc Current Events Archive 204 11-17-2007 02:34 PM
Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 27 : Sept.2007 - Nov.2007 tbhrc Current Events Archive 230 11-03-2007 04:46 AM
Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 26 : Aug.2007 - Sept.2007 tbhrc Current Events Archive 190 09-05-2007 03:02 PM
Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 24 : April 2007 - June 2007 tbhrc Current Events Archive 190 06-19-2007 02:49 PM
Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 22 : Feb.2007 - March 2007 Lady Jennifer Current Events Archive 199 03-06-2007 10:25 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 beatrice borromeo best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit 2016 catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events dom duarte duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll felipe vi grand duchess josephine-charlotte grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess charlene fashion princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:57 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises