The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 11-13-2007, 11:51 AM
zembla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Camden, United States
Posts: 875
Eurotrash is like bad house music, huge diamonds, orange tans and wearing lots of Dolce and Dior.

Anyway Charlotte...I don't know...I don't want to insult Harry too much. But I feel as though she is alittle ahead of him intelligence-wise...and class...she doesn't seem like the type of girl who gets drunked up at Mahiki. And the British royal family has never really respected Monaco's royals, even Grace was snubbed for years...
__________________

__________________
  #42  
Old 11-13-2007, 11:54 AM
shappica's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Posts: 438
There are a lot of arguable terms associated with Charlotte lately, first ELIGIBLE now EUROTRASH, hmm, what will be next...

And anyway if Euro mean European and Trash means...well, TRAHS, then...no, wait, I still have no idea what it means
__________________

__________________
  #43  
Old 11-13-2007, 12:17 PM
coco's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: . . ., Germany
Posts: 219
Quote:
Anyway Charlotte...I don't know...I don't want to insult Harry too much. But I feel as though she is alittle ahead of him intelligence-wise...and class...she doesn't seem like the type of girl who gets drunked up at Mahiki. And the British royal family has never really respected Monaco's royals, even Grace was snubbed for years...
yep! That's true
They are different. (Harry is not eligible and eurotrash enought)
I mean, why should they love each other if they have nothing in commom. Only because they are both royals? I also said that I would like to see Char with Harry a few days ago. But I thought about it and I arrived at the conclusion that I only liked the imagination of a "Princess Charlotte" and a "perfect royal couple".
__________________
  #44  
Old 11-13-2007, 04:46 PM
acid_rain3075's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Anchorage, United States
Posts: 503
Actually if you go into the dictionary it says that Eurotrash is simply rich European socialites (esp. those living or working in the U.S.). Not sure if that helps much but whatever
__________________
  #45  
Old 11-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Horseygal's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 1,174
The French and English lifestyles are so different, and I know it's fun to speculate on a match between the Casiraghis and Windsors, but in reality, I cannot imagine it would work. From what little I know as an American, it seems there are enough differences between the Principality of Monaco and the Kingdom of England - doesn't a Principality have less power; also, when there is an event in Monaco, it seems that the top people in power in other countries do not always attend - correct me if I'm wrong, though.
__________________
  #46  
Old 11-13-2007, 05:18 PM
christinacg's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 1,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseygal View Post
The French and English lifestyles are so different, and I know it's fun to speculate on a match between the Casiraghis and Windsors, but in reality, I cannot imagine it would work. From what little I know as an American, it seems there are enough differences between the Principality of Monaco and the Kingdom of England - doesn't a Principality have less power; also, when there is an event in Monaco, it seems that the top people in power in other countries do not always attend - correct me if I'm wrong, though.
Just because theire families work differently doesn't mean they wouldn't get along great. They seem to have some similar friends and interests. Its could work

I can't believe this article referred to Monaco royals as Eurotrash. Grace, Caroline and Charlotte are anything but.
__________________
  #47  
Old 11-13-2007, 06:53 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco View Post
But I thought about it and I arrived at the conclusion that I only liked the imagination of a "Princess Charlotte" and a "perfect royal couple".
That's true of me too but it only hit me after reading your post.

About "eurotrash", I guess it's like a parody of european B List celebrities. The footballers, footballer wives, ex Spice Girls, Charlotte Church!
In other words, definitely not the Grimaldis!
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
  #48  
Old 11-13-2007, 07:43 PM
oxygen's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston, United States
Posts: 338
Eurotrash?! Says the magazine that listed a first cousin, as a match. Now that's trash!
__________________
  #49  
Old 11-13-2007, 10:16 PM
talula's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by acid_rain3075 View Post
Actually if you go into the dictionary it says that Eurotrash is simply rich European socialites (esp. those living or working in the U.S.). Not sure if that helps much but whatever
Actually it does help!

To be honest, I never really heard the word before but it sounds offensive..most probably because it is very similar to the word 'whitetrash' which indisputably has a negative connotation. So I was baffled that the Daily Mail would use such a word, but if they meant European socialite...then surely it cannot be so negative
__________________
  #50  
Old 11-14-2007, 01:48 AM
moby's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 735
Eurotrash has some very interesting definitions. :) Male eurotrash in definition 3 reminds me of a particular Casiraghi...

Urban Dictionary: eurotrash
__________________
It seems to me that origination is perhaps instinct, not intellect. -Joe Strummer

  #51  
Old 11-14-2007, 03:57 AM
Principessa Cano's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Victoria, Canada
Posts: 85
I've heard the Grimaldi's called Eurotrash on several occasions, mostly due to the scandals of the Grimaldi trio. Affairs, illegitimate children, Pop star careers, these don't exactly spell "class" to a lot of people. I don't think it is fair to label Charlotte this, as I have seen nothing from her that is the least bit trashy.
__________________
  #52  
Old 11-14-2007, 10:15 AM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
Well, it seems like we all agree that Miss Casiraghi is not Eurotrash whatever some of her relatives' past, or friends' present, leanings. We seem to also agree that The Daily Mail is a pile of Daily Rubbish for calling our dear Charlotte's family such a derogatory term. We should drop the eurotrash discussion before we get the telling-off from the moderators. I know it was really my fault, as I brought up the question of what the hell the term means, and please accept my full apologies.
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
  #53  
Old 11-17-2007, 09:13 PM
zembla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Camden, United States
Posts: 875
They actually had really good pics of Char in the Heiress special tonight on E!...she was ranked #19 at 1.5 billion and was the only royal on the list.
__________________
  #54  
Old 11-17-2007, 09:21 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,175
Time to move on from the topic of Euro Trash.

Thank you.
__________________
  #55  
Old 11-18-2007, 06:06 AM
moby's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 735
Here's a link to the featured heiresses, it's a joint special from E! and Forbes, called "The 20 Most Intriguing Billionaire Heiresses." Ranking was based on net worth.

In Pictures: The 20 Most Intriguing Billionaire Heiresses - Forbes.com
__________________
It seems to me that origination is perhaps instinct, not intellect. -Joe Strummer

  #56  
Old 11-19-2007, 03:51 PM
kaydura0717's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: somewhere, United States
Posts: 416
I saw it. For some reason I thought that the Grimaldi family was valued at more money than that (though it is a massive amount already).
__________________
  #57  
Old 11-19-2007, 05:06 PM
coco's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: . . ., Germany
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
Here's a link to the featured heiresses, it's a joint special from E! and Forbes, called "The 20 Most Intriguing Billionaire Heiresses." Ranking was based on net worth.

In Pictures: The 20 Most Intriguing Billionaire Heiresses - Forbes.com
1.2 Billion Dollar . . . only cash or also valuable articles like castles, jewels, her island . . .
Does anybody know where she gets her money? I mean of cause she is rich but. . . . does she get money from her mother (like pocket money) . . . maybe from Albert?. . . did she inherit money from her dad (I think so). . . I have no idea.
__________________
  #58  
Old 11-19-2007, 05:29 PM
psychoduck's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: paris, France
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco View Post
1.2 Billion Dollar . . . only cash or also valuable articles like castles, jewels, her island . . .
Does anybody know where she gets her money? I mean of cause she is rich but. . . . does she get money from her mother (like pocket money) . . . maybe from Albert?. . . did she inherit money from her dad (I think so). . . I have no idea.
in the ford list, each time the amount which is indicated is the family's wealth so in charlotte case, that is pss caroline's...if i remember well, when prince rainier died, pss caroline inherited more than 1 billion dollar...from her mother, she might inherit about 250 millions dollars, i think, from her father i don't know how he was worth..so i can't help you....for albert i don't know either...and i think that the castle belongs to the reigning prince (not sure about that)...
__________________
  #59  
Old 11-19-2007, 06:28 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 173
I sincerely doubt that Charlotte wrote the majority of that article; I have no doubt that she contributed to it though. That the independent would let an intern, who has yet to gain a degree, and who doesn’t even speak English as a first language, write such an article for their Saturday edition beggars belief somewhat. I, however, think that it is absolutely marvellous that Charlotte has this internship: they are difficult to get and I would say that for her to get it means that she is very bright. Given the relative difficulty of breaking into journalism, if this is to be her chosen career, this internship (and having contributed to such an article) will give her a massive head start.
__________________
  #60  
Old 11-19-2007, 07:46 PM
zembla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Camden, United States
Posts: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco View Post
1.2 Billion Dollar . . . only cash or also valuable articles like castles, jewels, her island . . .
Does anybody know where she gets her money? I mean of cause she is rich but. . . . does she get money from her mother (like pocket money) . . . maybe from Albert?. . . did she inherit money from her dad (I think so). . . I have no idea.
She probably has a trust fund set up that she lives off of...I doubt she physically sits down and writes out checks to pay her own bills each month...it's all probably taken care of by someone who runs her estate, like a money manager. She probably gets a few credit cards to buy stuff with and can get cash anytime from an account.


Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
I sincerely doubt that Charlotte wrote the majority of that article; I have no doubt that she contributed to it though. That the independent would let an intern, who has yet to gain a degree, and who doesn’t even speak English as a first language, write such an article for their Saturday edition beggars belief somewhat. I, however, think that it is absolutely marvellous that Charlotte has this internship: they are difficult to get and I would say that for her to get it means that she is very bright. Given the relative difficulty of breaking into journalism, if this is to be her chosen career, this internship (and having contributed to such an article) will give her a massive head start.
It looks like the majority of it was written from her perspective since she was at that party with Louboutin and Lynch. But most articles do have 2 writers and so did hers...I don't think it's too hard to believe that she could do this.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pierre Casiraghi Current Events 11 : June 2007 - Nov.2007 tbhrc Current Events Archive 204 11-17-2007 01:34 PM
Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 27 : Sept.2007 - Nov.2007 tbhrc Current Events Archive 230 11-03-2007 03:46 AM
Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 26 : Aug.2007 - Sept.2007 tbhrc Current Events Archive 190 09-05-2007 02:02 PM
Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 24 : April 2007 - June 2007 tbhrc Current Events Archive 190 06-19-2007 01:49 PM
Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 22 : Feb.2007 - March 2007 Lady Jennifer Current Events Archive 199 03-06-2007 09:25 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman palace pom president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince floris prince frederik prince laurent prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit wedding william winter olympics 2014


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:41 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]