The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 09:22 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Hey Super moderators, i have a request to do: can the forum be in french??
NON NON NON Je ne le veux pas! I have enought difficulties to write in English.
I know why I am jealous of Charlotte . . . she speaks French, English, Italian PERFECTLY! That's not fair
But the most important thing is that we understand each other No matter if the grammar is perfect

Old 11-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
That is a funny list. Gosh I think that Charlotte is more glamorous than Jemima Khan and Isabella Calthorpe and, most of everyone who supersedes her on the list!

ABout eligible: Definitely agree it's desirable, "it", popular combined with money and/or power. This is why "W" (thanks psychoduck) cannot ever make the "eligible" status. He has money and power, but no one desires him; in fact, most people hate him, me too.

But to use another example from psychoduck's post:
Eugenie Niarchos has more money than Charlotte, but Charlotte has the status of "daughter of princess" and fabulous genetic beauty, so she trumps Eugenie in the "it" factor and everyone wants to be Charlotte's best pal, if not wanting to be Charlotte!
shappica and you have perfectly understood what i meant...that's pretty cool...
i don't understand why everyone make such a big deal about isabella calthorpe...i don't find her beautiful at all..i wonder what the hell is she doing in that list...
i don't find charlotte glamourous....she is really really beautiful, has a gorgeous face and is a natural beauty...but she is not glamourous....for me glamourous is a "package", charlotte is too young ( even if i doubt that the age is a factor) and she isn't enough self-confident...for me the 50's, 60's actress were all glamourous...
i do think that pss caroline is glamourous..she has that sort of aura ( which charlotte have, but it's not the same)..she is gorgeous...she has a kind of sex appeal even when she was charlotte's age. She has always been aware of her seduction power ( that's it?), which makes her strong.... ( i found her too haughty sometimes) ..if my memories are good, tosca once said Her Royal Haughtiness...( it suits her so much, but the fact is that despite this haughtiness, she still is beautifull)...whereas charlotte is shy...and that's all the difference.

Old 11-10-2007, 09:30 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco View Post
NON NON NON Je ne le veux pas! I have enought difficulties to write in English.
I know why I am jealous of Charlotte . . . she speaks French, English, Italian PERFECTLY! That's not fair
But the most important thing is that we understand each other No matter if the grammar is perfect
oh crap...what a fool i've been to think that my request would be accepted
yeah, i admire her for being multilingual...that's great....i would love to speak italian fluently...i love that language...
Old 11-10-2007, 09:54 AM
Nobility

^ and we agree yet again! I love Italian too, and actually working on it now - it will take a few years I imagine, but I WILL speak it eventually! I wouldn't mind Pierre or Andrea helping me along the way...

About Charlotte, I don't think that list is about glamourous, but it's a mix of trendy and elegant people. And Charlotte's style really isn't that much on either side, and sometimes she looks like trying too hard, but at least she's taking risks and not playing safe all the time (as much as most of the people here would want her to-like when she was teen) and that's what counts IMO. I think she has the potential to become a trend setter in next couple of years.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:12 PM

No, glamorous would not be my choice of description for Charlotte either, but still, she hits on "glamorous" in my opinion than most of those people.... I don't understand what is special about most of them. I just do not understand.... Here again the mass media baffles me and I shake my head in despair.... But I still think that if Charlotte is to be on any list of this kind, she should be at the top,because of all those women, she is, imho, the sweetest, the coolest, the prettiest, and........ what else? The most intelligent, the hottest, the greatest!
Old 11-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Nobility

^ Oh my, how many adjectives, but you forgot the crucial one> THE MOST ELIGIBLE!
Well maybe she shouldn't be on Top like the first place (yet), but definitely top 20!
Old 11-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Gentry

I agree with the above comments. I wouldn't necesarily consider Charlotte glamorous, but rather classy as Zembla stated. A glamorous woman in some ways is her friend Eugenie. She always looks perfect (or tries to). You know has the dress, the jewels, the hair, the makeup all matching and perfect. Whereas Charlotte mixes 'n matches, doesn't even wear makeup or fixes her hair at times. Very natural and easy breezy! A definite quality in my opinion!
Old 11-11-2007, 11:51 PM
Courtier

Charlotte's going to be on the E! Channel's "20 Most Fabulous Billionaire Heiresses"
Old 11-12-2007, 08:42 AM
Aristocracy

When?? Can someone share with us soon..
Old 11-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzy2006 View Post
When?? Can someone share with us soon..
The show won't be on until this coming Saturday.

Ani
Old 11-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
Charlotte's going to be on the E! Channel's "20 Most Fabulous Billionaire Heiresses"
I have already watched that show last summer on E!. It is ok, nothing special. They say what we already know about Charlotte.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Courtier

This is a new edition on E!...you probably saw the VH1 show about royals or the True Hollywood story on E! in the past which briefly featured Charlotte too. This is new...it probably won't be anything groundbreaking...but still...
Old 11-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Nobility

I watched two VH1 shows, one about young hot royals the other about heiresses and they said the same things, all we know of course... And they don't even use the best pictures, it annoys me. But still, nice to see that she's getting recognition in the US.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
This is a new edition on E!...you probably saw the VH1 show about royals or the True Hollywood story on E! in the past which briefly featured Charlotte too. This is new...it probably won't be anything groundbreaking...but still...
I don't know Zembia.
I only remember it was on E!, the title was the same, "20 Most Fabulous Billionaire Heiresses", and it briefly featured Charlotte, as you said.
So, you are probably right, this should be a new one, but same title.
I agree with you, it will be still nice to watch it.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:02 PM

Talking Charlotte is 10th most Eligible (there is that word again)

Quote:
So Prince Harry and his girlfriend of three years Chelsy Davy have split amid rumours of her being terrified of being 'pigeonholed as a princess'. But plenty of other eligible - and not so eligible - young women are desperate for that very title. We present a list of the hopefuls...
10. CHARLOTTE CASIRAGHI
Genuine royalty, though only of the Eurotrash variety. Charlotte, 21, is the daughter of Princess Caroline of Monaco, granddaughter of Grace Kelly, and fourth in line to the throne of the sunny principality.

After her industrialist father Stefano Casiraghi died in a boating accident when she was four, her paternal grandparents Giancarlo and Fernanda Casiraghi gave her a nice present - a small island off Sardinia worth $9million.

Charlotte has appeared in the French and Italian papers, but now she's working for one here - The Independent on Sunday.
Source
Pearlman, Natasha and Mishaal Khan: "Who will hook Harry next? The eligible beauties who could help the prince mend his broken heart," The Daily Mail, 12 November 2007
Old 11-12-2007, 11:20 PM

Charlotte's first byline

The full-text of the article she co-wrote for The Independent on Sunday is available online now, in at least two places. So there is no more excuse for not reading it.

1) http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...1/ai_n21063678
2) http://www.eternalmuse.co.uk/reporter.html

"Soul Mates," The Independent on Sunday, 21 October 2007
by Charlotte Casiraghi and Rhiannon Harries
Old 11-13-2007, 07:30 AM
Aristocracy

Now.. Prince Harry, cute but err.. Char looks older than him. I prefer Vanessa Calthorpe for Harry.. another Calthorpe for the Windsor. Ok that's off topic
Old 11-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Courtier

Eurotrash! Excuse you the daily mail...psssht!

And ew to the fact that they put his 1st(!!) cousin on the list...ugh...sick
Old 11-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Aristocracy

But.. yeah, cant believe they put Earl Spencer's daughter name on the list If so, they should consider Beatrice and Eugenie too, at least they familiar with ins and outs of royalty (I mean the palace).

But we should be proud of our 'princess', she's on every list. You name it (billionaires heiresses, 'eligible' bachelor, 'eligible' royalist, glamorous ladies, best dress or even potential girlfriend/partner), she's in it... lovely!!
Old 11-13-2007, 12:23 PM

Yep, I was really surprised that Kitty Spencer was on there. That is just disgusting. But that wasn't the only thing annoying about the article.... they messed up with a typo on Girl Number 6 ("Vanessa" AGC). Vanessa, as they noted in the text, is really the mother of Girl Number 6, in other words mother of Gabriella, the Calthorpe girl who was actually candidate number 6.

But most of all, the worst thing about it.......... Once again, Charlotte is some unworthy number. Ten?! I don't care what the list is about. Any list that has Charlotte on it must have her at #1 spot! And not call her family Eurotrash!

Ok, so maybe they are a bit Eurotrashy.... I dunno. I don't even know exactly what Eurotrash means! But it doesn't sound very flattering, does it?