The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
I think part of her likes the spotlight...you can tell in the pap videos...
Yes, no doubt a part of her likes the attention. I think she must be a little amused, a little fascinated, and perhaps a little dazed by it. She must be having offers from all kinds of people, from film producers, magazine editors, charities seeking her patronage. If she has a passable singing voice, the record labels would line up to record her debut album.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseygal View Post
Did she, Tatiana, or Andrea attend Fashion Week in NYC?
I think Tatiana and Andrea did. Paris fashion week is coming up this week, so I wouldn't be suprised if we saw Charlotte at one of those shows, especially Chanel.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Yes, no doubt a part of her likes the attention. I think she must be a little amused, a little fascinated, and perhaps a little dazed by it. She must be having offers from all kinds of people, from film producers, magazine editors, charities seeking her patronage. If she has a passable singing voice, the record labels would line up to record her debut album.
True...LOL

I just wish she would take one little offer...that would obviously still keep her respected.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:17 PM

Zembla, you might have your wish if Charlotte decides at some point to launch a charity, as Andrea did for the Motrice Foundation. Point du Vue would be the obvious choice for the honor of her first interview, and if it happens it will certainly be charity related. I mean, whatelse would she talk about?
Old 09-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Zembla, you might have your wish if Charlotte decides at some point to launch a charity, as Andrea did for the Motrice Foundation. Point du Vue would be the obvious choice for the honor of her first interview, and if it happens it will certainly be charity related. I mean, whatelse would she talk about?

But socialites get interviewed all the time...especially for Tatler and their cover stories. Although I suppose they usually just talk about their lifestyles...and that doesn't seem to be her thing. I do think she could make an interesting cover piece for something like Vanity Fair...you'd just have to ask the right questions. There seems to be more and more curiosity about her, especially in America now...which is odd for royals outside of the UK.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:56 PM
Nobility

I think many questions might be about her grandmother, and that would be weird...
Old 09-30-2007, 03:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shappica View Post
I think many questions might be about her grandmother, and that would be weird...
I'm actually curious as to whether she or her brothers have watched their grandmother's films...

It has to be strange to know she was such an icon and has all this work left behind...I even wonder whether they have ever been to Philadelphia or Ocean City, NJ to connect with the Kelly cousins they have and see the family landmarks...
Old 09-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Nobility

Well I'm sure they couldn't miss her movies, unless they don't watch tv ever... I said it must be weird, because I wonder do they see her as grandmother (which is probably hard because they never met her) or as an icon. I somehow don't think they keep conections with Kelly family...
Old 09-30-2007, 04:58 PM

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling Shappica is right about the Kelly question, for the most part. Albert obviously has a fair amount of contact with the Kelly-Levine cousins, as they are involved with the Princess Grace Foundation and seem to visit Monaco sometimes. As far as the Casiraghis, I would say their relations with the Kelly side of the family are "weddings and funerals". Big events, friendly enough, but not like best buddies or something.
Yes, I imagine they have seen all of Grace's films. In the 90s, I remember Albert had a boat called the Mogambo, which I think is very nice, but I haven't seen any of the family on that boat in any recent years. It was just one of those smallish yachts, nothing like PACHA III.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Courtier

It would be interesting for them to explore the area where they have some roots in the northeast. I've seen a lot of the Kelly landmarks cause I live between Philly and South Jersey...I was just in Ocean City where they have their estate still...
Old 10-01-2007, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
It would be interesting for them to explore the area where they have some roots in the northeast. I've seen a lot of the Kelly landmarks cause I live between Philly and South Jersey...I was just in Ocean City where they have their estate still...
I love Philadelphia too. I lived there nearly four years and every week did skating or running along the river on Kelly Drive, passing the big statue of Jack Kelly.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I love Philadelphia too. I lived there nearly four years and every week did skating or running along the river on Kelly Drive, passing the big statue of Jack Kelly.
Yeah it's nice, especially in the Fall now...even though the city is getting a bad rep now with the murder rate rising so bad this year ...the historical parts are just lovely. I love walking around the Old City section....
Old 10-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Aristocracy

Sorry..sorry..'an anti-climax' question I just wonder, do Charlotte has a bodyguard? I think few months ago, when she was walking down a street in Paris, nobody was near her.. wow!! do they think nobody will realize she is belong to the royal family? She always on the cover of the magazines...
Old 10-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Aristocracy

The pictures have less value if there is a bodyguard into it, the point is you never see them...
Old 10-02-2007, 11:13 AM
Aristocracy

^^ I do agree with you but it is impossible for the bodyguard to be stand at least 100 mile or maybe more, because definitely we cant see anybody beside her...do you think she will only have bodyguard when she's in Monaco or when her mother is around?
Old 10-02-2007, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzy2006 View Post
^^ I do agree with you but it is impossible for the bodyguard to be stand at least 100 mile or maybe more, because definitely we cant see anybody beside her...do you think she will only have bodyguard when she's in Monaco or when her mother is around?
Well, I imagine that any security around Caroline will be effective for everyone around her, so yes in that sense, I suppose she is well-protected in most of her family's presence. I think that, yes, in Monaco she will have a guard and chauffeured car. At least that was the case in the weeks after her grandfather's death. Anywhere else, like in Paris, she's got a phone and some very protective friends. I imagine if anyone gives her trouble, unless Alex is around to take care of things, her brothers are capable of a few things. You saw the pics from a few years ago of Andrea in Rome, right?
Old 10-02-2007, 03:26 PM
Courtier

I don't think she keeps a bodyguard...I don't see why she would need one...it's not like people harass her for an autograph or pic on their camera phone. She keeps too low a profile and the paparazzi don't seem to follow her so much. Only when she's in Spain it seems like...
Old 10-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are some more pics from the Jaap de Vries Exhibition
Party at Hoxton Square, London, 19/09/2007.

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 *

* Pic 4 ** Pic 5 *
Old 10-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Serene Highness

What is she wearing? Yuck.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 10-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Nobility

I don't like what she's wearing, not even a little bit. She looks gothy.

Ani