The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 09:57 PM

The Louboutin/Lynch show was on the 2nd of October. I agree with you guys in believing Charlotte must have been the primary writer, as she was the field person, and Harries was like a mentor/editor/wisened fact checker/caption writer. It definitely makes sense that the intern does most of the work. So typical! The intern, scarcely paid, scarcely rewarded, always the office grunts. Imagine Charlotte bringing her first draft in to Rhiannon: "And I brought your coffee, Ms. Harries. How many splendas do you want with it?"

Old 10-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Aristocracy

Do you think they dare to do that? But who knows?

I find it's amusing
- We always see her to be the centre of topics but now she is the author of an article about somebody else.
- We intended to hear how she speak in person but now at least we can see how she writes...

I think her involvement with the press more or less will slow down the attention she will receive from other press since any publicity will help to boost up the Independent's rating. Other 'papers' wont like it...

Old 10-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Nobility

Smile

i think that it is wonderful that Charlotte is doing something with her life. you see young people with everything given to them and they do nothing. Charlotte is showing the world that she is a human being and that she is not going to sit on her butt all day and do nothing. I really admire that in people
Old 10-27-2007, 12:30 AM
Gentry

Amazing! i love the article thankz CArlos! ( a little late)
Old 10-27-2007, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzy2006 View Post
I think her involvement with the press more or less will slow down the attention she will receive from other press since any publicity will help to boost up the Independent's rating. Other 'papers' wont like it...
That's an interesting thought. Or perhaps the papers will still give her attention when possible but not mention what she is doing in London, unless they attribute it completely to being near Alex!
Old 10-27-2007, 01:42 PM
Aristocracy

please guys dont get me wrong, but am I the only one how has, lets say, mixed feelings about that? I'm ablolutely sure that Charlotte is academically nd intellectually qualified for her job, but letting a non-experienced intern write an article like that after few weeks seems a bit too much to me. I might be wrong, of course and that's what the independent always does with its interns, so please correct me if you have any info. I just know that getting into journalism is extremely difficult. you kinda need practical experience to get an internship at a prestigous mag and internships to get a "real" job. maybe it's just me but I would have prefered her to start a bit slower and maybe not with a celebrity-related topic... just like a "normal" person. I did some kind of "mini-intern" at the local office of a big newspaper (which i got through realtions too, to be honest, but I didnt earn any money, just wanted to gain an insight) an their "real" intern wrote her first medium-size article after weeks of watching the professionals and writing small notices.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Smith View Post
I did some kind of "mini-intern" at the local office of a big newspaper (which i got through realtions too, to be honest, but I didnt earn any money, just wanted to gain an insight) an their "real" intern wrote her first medium-size article after weeks of watching the professionals and writing small notices.
Maybe Charlotte only wrote her first article (presumably the "sole mates") after a few weeks of watching and learning, though. I'm not trying to argue, honestly, because I have no idea, but isn't it possible she was there a bit longer and we don't exactly when she started?
Old 10-27-2007, 04:16 PM
Aristocracy

I dont doubt about her ability to write since that is her first article (to be published in the newspaper). She might has all the infos in her dairies before hand, only need somebody to cut and paste here and there...she's been to so many fashion events and I can say she is really 'into it'.. I wont question about her ability if the article is something to do with fashion but if she begin to write something out of the blue... then she might receive lots of support from the veteran

If I'm not mistaken, even outsiders are invited to write their own article to the Independent..I read it somewhere, so maybe Charlotte is using that column.. she's taking philosophy, pretty sure she has experience to write anything before...
Old 10-28-2007, 06:47 AM
Aristocracy

Nothing by Charlotte this Sunday.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:36 AM
Aristocracy

...that's pretty sad!! but yeah, we dont expect her to write every week. But the idea that she's a journalist now make us want to wait something from her every week. Like we wait to receive a love letter..hehehe!!
Old 11-03-2007, 03:46 AM
Majesty

Time to close this thread and to start a new one. You can find it right here: Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 28

Closed Thread