Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 27 : Sept.2007 - Nov.2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok well, i don't know about anyone else but the fashion spot is being a bit slow (plus that first post seems to not be working for me either) so I uploaded it to imageshack for our amusement. Thanks to Carlos for these scans (and I hope you don't mind that I took the liberty to repost your them)!!

Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5

thanks for the scans, very interesting article and well written, i enjoyed it. i love shoes i'd be happy with one black dress and a 1,000 pair of shoes. a friend and i was laughing this weekend, he helped me move 20 years ago and is still telling the tired story of having to rent an extra van for my shoes lol

Nothing. It does come up. It is at the bottom of the page, you just have to wait.

I got it from the first post of yours. I did exactly as it said, waited, and downloaded it without a problem, the problem was in opening the "exe" file, but luckily I saw the TFS post and read it through that way. It is a good article. She uses the word "provocative" a lot. I know there are only so many ways to say it, but it was kind of funny how many times to see the one word over and over.... It was good for a first time article in a major magazine. Definitely good.

I got it from the first post of yours. I did exactly as it said, waited, and downloaded it without a problem, the problem was in opening the "exe" file, but luckily I saw the TFS post and read it through that way. It is a good article. She uses the word "provocative" a lot. I know there are only so many ways to say it, but it was kind of funny how many times to see the one word over and over.... It was good for a first time article in a major magazine. Definitely good.
true, but i wonder how much of it was actually written by her.

That other person wrote the captions for the pics...I believe...

I mean I'm sure it was all Char, she's a smart girl and we all saw her at the Louboutin event. I guess that was research...

That other person wrote the captions for the pics...I believe...

I mean I'm sure it was all Char, she's a smart girl and we all saw her at the Louboutin event. I guess that was research...

by Charlotte Casiraghi and Rhiannon Harries.... just to toss in my own personal guess, for whatever it is worth.... Well the byline is probably ordered alphabetically but I imagine that Charlotte submitted the primary draft and Harries made editations, cleaned it up, and helped with background research on the "sole mates." I'm not part of the "Lynch cult" and can't afford to be part of the Louboutin cult, if such a one exists, but still the article is a fun and enlightening read.

by Charlotte Casiraghi and Rhiannon Harries.... just to toss in my own personal guess, for whatever it is worth.... Well the byline is probably ordered alphabetically but I imagine that Charlotte submitted the primary draft and Harries made editations, cleaned it up, and helped with background research on the "sole mates." I'm not part of the "Lynch cult" and can't afford to be part of the Louboutin cult, if such a one exists, but still the article is a fun and enlightening read.

Yeah I was thinking that too after I posted. I don't how long she had to write it...when was the Lynch/Louboutin event? 2 weeks ago...

I'm inclined to believe that Charlotte wrote about the event - the people that attended and their thoughts, the progression of it, and the thoughts/quotes from Loubition and Lynch. Whereas the other writer focused on the history and the merging of these two individuals.

It just seems like the logical approach. The intern or novice teaming up with the mentor or more experienced person. It's well-written and flows nicely - it usually takes lots of practice to achieve this and I don't think it is achieved on the first shot. I could be wrong, and Charlotte may have wrote this in its entirity. Writing may have been one of her strenghs during uni ;)

Taking nothing away from Charlotte, but before anything goes to print, it's edited - even the "pros" have their work edited....well, maybe not Anna Wintour....

The Louboutin/Lynch show was on the 2nd of October. I agree with you guys in believing Charlotte must have been the primary writer, as she was the field person, and Harries was like a mentor/editor/wisened fact checker/caption writer. :) It definitely makes sense that the intern does most of the work. So typical! The intern, scarcely paid, scarcely rewarded, always the office grunts. Imagine Charlotte bringing her first draft in to Rhiannon: "And I brought your coffee, Ms. Harries. How many splendas do you want with it?" :D

Do you think they dare to do that? But who knows? :D

I find it's amusing
- We always see her to be the centre of topics but now she is the author of an article about somebody else.
- We intended to hear how she speak in person but now at least we can see how she writes...

I think her involvement with the press more or less will slow down the attention she will receive from other press since any publicity will help to boost up the Independent's rating. :rolleyes: Other 'papers' wont like it...;)

i think that it is wonderful that Charlotte is doing something with her life. you see young people with everything given to them and they do nothing. Charlotte is showing the world that she is a human being and that she is not going to sit on her butt all day and do nothing. I really admire that in people

Amazing! i love the article thankz CArlos! ( a little late)

I think her involvement with the press more or less will slow down the attention she will receive from other press since any publicity will help to boost up the Independent's rating. :rolleyes: Other 'papers' wont like it...;)

That's an interesting thought. Or perhaps the papers will still give her attention when possible but not mention what she is doing in London, unless they attribute it completely to being near Alex! :whistling: :lol:

please guys dont get me wrong, but am I the only one how has, lets say, mixed feelings about that? I'm ablolutely sure that Charlotte is academically nd intellectually qualified for her job, but letting a non-experienced intern write an article like that after few weeks seems a bit too much to me. I might be wrong, of course and that's what the independent always does with its interns, so please correct me if you have any info. I just know that getting into journalism is extremely difficult. you kinda need practical experience to get an internship at a prestigous mag and internships to get a "real" job. maybe it's just me but I would have prefered her to start a bit slower and maybe not with a celebrity-related topic... just like a "normal" person. I did some kind of "mini-intern" at the local office of a big newspaper (which i got through realtions too, to be honest, but I didnt earn any money, just wanted to gain an insight) an their "real" intern wrote her first medium-size article after weeks of watching the professionals and writing small notices.

I did some kind of "mini-intern" at the local office of a big newspaper (which i got through realtions too, to be honest, but I didnt earn any money, just wanted to gain an insight) an their "real" intern wrote her first medium-size article after weeks of watching the professionals and writing small notices.

Maybe Charlotte only wrote her first article (presumably the "sole mates") after a few weeks of watching and learning, though. I'm not trying to argue, honestly, because I have no idea, but isn't it possible she was there a bit longer and we don't exactly when she started?

I dont doubt about her ability to write since that is her first article (to be published in the newspaper). She might has all the infos in her dairies before hand, only need somebody to cut and paste here and there...she's been to so many fashion events and I can say she is really 'into it'.. I wont question about her ability if the article is something to do with fashion but if she begin to write something out of the blue... then she might receive lots of support from the veteran :D

If I'm not mistaken, even outsiders are invited to write their own article to the Independent..I read it somewhere, so maybe Charlotte is using that column.. she's taking philosophy, pretty sure she has experience to write anything before...:flowers:

Nothing by Charlotte this Sunday.

...that's pretty sad!! but yeah, we dont expect her to write every week. But the idea that she's a journalist now make us want to wait something from her every week. Like we wait to receive a love letter..hehehe!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom