The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 11:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
Ok everyone. Here it is!
Download independent.exe free - Uploading.com

Sorry about the bandwidth being used up again on my site. I cannot do anything about it. I hsve 80GB of traffic allowed and it is gone. I am upgrading to 120gb but if that isn't enough I will have to downsize the site.
I am buying the independent every day and will keep you all informed and provide scans for anything Charlotte does.
Carl
Sorry but I can't read it.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:37 AM
Aristocracy

Sorry but that could mean anything. Page doesn't load. Link doesn't work. Text is too small.....

Old 10-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Sorry but that could mean anything. Page doesn't load. Link doesn't work. Text is too small.....

You have o wait while open the link, it comes down slowly. It saves automatically to your desktop, and after you have 4 jpg items. It is small, but yo can increase the zoom. Not so easy, but it works.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:52 PM
Courtier

Thanks for the article...it was good...and funny in some parts like the google foot fetish thing...LOL...
Old 10-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Commoner

Thanks Carlos, its awesome!@!!
Old 10-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Serene Highness

i can't get it, i only get an ad for upload.com. it has me wait 10 seconds then ads come up, what am i doing wrong?
Old 10-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Aristocracy

Nothing. It does come up. It is at the bottom of the page, you just have to wait.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks a lot Carlos!
Old 10-23-2007, 04:29 PM
Serene Highness

Download independent.exe free - Uploading.com

this is the page i'm getting, i know i can be slow but what am i missing?
Old 10-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Aristocracy

Can someone else upload again using another site for them? I do not have internet access at home. I am on my mobile now.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Courtier

You can find the scans here too...

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...-4449-193.html
Old 10-23-2007, 06:00 PM
Courtier

ok well, i don't know about anyone else but the fashion spot is being a bit slow (plus that first post seems to not be working for me either) so I uploaded it to imageshack for our amusement. Thanks to Carlos for these scans (and I hope you don't mind that I took the liberty to repost your them)!!

Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5
Old 10-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Serene Highness

thanks for the scans, very interesting article and well written, i enjoyed it. i love shoes i'd be happy with one black dress and a 1,000 pair of shoes. a friend and i was laughing this weekend, he helped me move 20 years ago and is still telling the tired story of having to rent an extra van for my shoes lol
Old 10-23-2007, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Nothing. It does come up. It is at the bottom of the page, you just have to wait.
I got it from the first post of yours. I did exactly as it said, waited, and downloaded it without a problem, the problem was in opening the "exe" file, but luckily I saw the TFS post and read it through that way. It is a good article. She uses the word "provocative" a lot. I know there are only so many ways to say it, but it was kind of funny how many times to see the one word over and over.... It was good for a first time article in a major magazine. Definitely good.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
I got it from the first post of yours. I did exactly as it said, waited, and downloaded it without a problem, the problem was in opening the "exe" file, but luckily I saw the TFS post and read it through that way. It is a good article. She uses the word "provocative" a lot. I know there are only so many ways to say it, but it was kind of funny how many times to see the one word over and over.... It was good for a first time article in a major magazine. Definitely good.
true, but i wonder how much of it was actually written by her.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by acid_rain3075 View Post
That other person wrote the captions for the pics...I believe...

I mean I'm sure it was all Char, she's a smart girl and we all saw her at the Louboutin event. I guess that was research...
Old 10-23-2007, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
That other person wrote the captions for the pics...I believe...

I mean I'm sure it was all Char, she's a smart girl and we all saw her at the Louboutin event. I guess that was research...
by Charlotte Casiraghi and Rhiannon Harries.... just to toss in my own personal guess, for whatever it is worth.... Well the byline is probably ordered alphabetically but I imagine that Charlotte submitted the primary draft and Harries made editations, cleaned it up, and helped with background research on the "sole mates." I'm not part of the "Lynch cult" and can't afford to be part of the Louboutin cult, if such a one exists, but still the article is a fun and enlightening read.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
by Charlotte Casiraghi and Rhiannon Harries.... just to toss in my own personal guess, for whatever it is worth.... Well the byline is probably ordered alphabetically but I imagine that Charlotte submitted the primary draft and Harries made editations, cleaned it up, and helped with background research on the "sole mates." I'm not part of the "Lynch cult" and can't afford to be part of the Louboutin cult, if such a one exists, but still the article is a fun and enlightening read.
Yeah I was thinking that too after I posted. I don't how long she had to write it...when was the Lynch/Louboutin event? 2 weeks ago...
Old 10-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by acid_rain3075 View Post
I'm inclined to believe that Charlotte wrote about the event - the people that attended and their thoughts, the progression of it, and the thoughts/quotes from Loubition and Lynch. Whereas the other writer focused on the history and the merging of these two individuals.

It just seems like the logical approach. The intern or novice teaming up with the mentor or more experienced person. It's well-written and flows nicely - it usually takes lots of practice to achieve this and I don't think it is achieved on the first shot. I could be wrong, and Charlotte may have wrote this in its entirity. Writing may have been one of her strenghs during uni
Old 10-23-2007, 09:56 PM
Serene Highness

Taking nothing away from Charlotte, but before anything goes to print, it's edited - even the "pros" have their work edited....well, maybe not Anna Wintour....

Closed Thread