Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 26 : Aug.2007 - Sept.2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting to me that in these pictures and in the video, you can tell the difference in personality between Charlotte and her mother. They are so often portrayed as being clones of each other physically, which to a certain extent is true, but Charlotte is a lot "cuter". I'd never describe Caroline as "cute". Also, Caroline once said in an interview that one of her nicknames, when she was a girl, was "Câline", (kind of short for Caroline, but meaning "affectionate, cuddly"), and how she felt that nickname did not suit her at all because she was not the cuddly type. It would actually suit her daughter a lot more. Although both are exuberant, extraverted (at least in these current pictures), talkative, it seems to me that Charlotte is more playful, more kittenish, and craving for attention, whereas Caroline never seemed to need attention that way. In fact, Charlotte reminds me more of Stephanie, in her days with the young Delon or the young Belmondo.

you are absolutely right, iloveroyals...
caroline and charlotte look like each other but in the same time they are so different.. caroline seems so haughty at times, cold, even pretencious ...while charlotte is, like you say ,cute and spontaneous...they're is something childish in her face, her manners...it's obvious when you see the video. If you take 2 pics of them at the same age and compare them, U will see the difference.. ( unfortunately, i don't know how to post pics so can't show you :ermm:).

Last edited:
I don't quite get why everyone finds Charlotte more mature in this new relationship. She seemed fairly mature with Felix, while with Alex she seems a 15 year old groupy craving for her idol attention.
Last week in the spanish magazine que me dices they hinted that she looked a bit desperate and pathetic around him, and in the last Point the vue issue they also make some ironic comments about her adoration for alex (although in a much more polite way than in the spanish magazine) and I have to say that I kind of agree.
In a way it is very nice that she is so much in love, but in another way I don't like the image she offers.
I don't consider myself a prude person at all, but I will certainly never allow my boyfriend to grab my ass the way alex does in front of all my friends. And the way she looks at him ALL THE TIME, you could believe Alex is god reincarnated... In the videos is more of the same: he goes for the jeep and she follows him like a puppy even if the paps are surrouding them... And at the airport!
Well, I have to say that that video has kind of changed my opinion about Alex. I used to think that he was cold and dettached with her, but in these images he just looks embarrased. And I would certanly feel embarrased too with a girl hanging on me and kissing me all over my body in front of hundreds of people! She acts like a teenager who is away from her parents supervision for the first time!

Last edited:
According to the portuguese magazine and one friend of mine, charlotte was in Comporta, near Setúbal, Portugal to have some days in the coast.

Yeah...she looks immature, however hopefully she learns to be mature in this relationship.... she's only 21 and hopefully she won't decide to get marry yet (since her mother married for the first time at age 21).

Its funny how in the 21st CE, we still have clearly defined double standard when it comes to women and male affections towards their significant other. I mean, if this was Andrea or William, we would say how romantic and loving they are towards their girlfriends. However, because Charlotte seems to be the more open and affectionate person with Alex, a man who apparently wanted her for years, we consider that desperate. Its not like she's forcing herself on him, she's a 21 yrs old who for the first time moved from her teeny-poppy love to an adult one where she's living her life without any scandal.

Only criticism I would state is that she should watch out for the camera lenses since these pictures are recorded for history and try to be a bit more royal in her public affection with a boyfriend. After all, if she ends up marrying another man, whether he be a Prince or not, the media and some people might not look too kindly on it.

It's interesting to me that in these pictures and in the video, you can tell the difference in personality between Charlotte and her mother. They are so often portrayed as being clones of each other physically, which to a certain extent is true, but Charlotte is a lot "cuter". I'd never describe Caroline as "cute". Also, Caroline once said in an interview that one of her nicknames, when she was a girl, was "Câline", (kind of short for Caroline, but meaning "affectionate, cuddly"), and how she felt that nickname did not suit her at all because she was not the cuddly type. It would actually suit her daughter a lot more. Although both are exuberant, extraverted (at least in these current pictures), talkative, it seems to me that Charlotte is more playful, more kittenish, and craving for attention, whereas Caroline never seemed to need attention that way. In fact, Charlotte reminds me more of Stephanie, in her days with the young Delon or the young Belmondo.

She is loads like her Tama Steph and I think she would like it if she knew people said that about her. She has always looked up to Stephanie, I think.

Last edited:
Yes after seeing the second video I kind of get the same feeling as Tutu described in previous posts. Charlotte does seem to be very desperate-looking around Alex. She's always by his side, and only paying attention to him. It's a lot different than how she behaved with Felix. I'm sure she was as devoted to him, but she kept it more private. But in the end I really don't believe in doing too many comparisons because they're different guys at different times.
One thing for sure, while I watched the video I definitely got the feeling that she is more into him than he is to her. She is probably captivated by his personality and experiences - living in London, Brazil and having ties to the middle east, plus he has his art gallery. He's a wealthy man that gets around and seems to have ambition beyond the average 20yr olds. She is probably attracted by this. I'm sure the attraction is mutual, but you can't forget that he's dated superstars' kids before, and you can't get cooler than a Stones kid! :lol:

. Charlotte does seem to be very desperate-looking around Alex. She's always by his side, and only paying attention to him. It's a lot different than how she behaved with Felix. I'm sure she was as devoted to him, but she kept it more private. But in the end I really don't believe in doing too many comparisons because they're different guys at different times.

Women are usually looking for a strong man,not only physically but in character, so as to feel safety and security.It seems that Alex is a tough guy with experiences who knows how to treat women so as to show them who is the man.I also believe Charlotte is very affectionate,love carrying who has been brought up adequatly.Not many women have these qualities today in a relationship.

Its funny how in the 21st CE, we still have clearly defined double standard when it comes to women and male affections towards their significant other. I mean, if this was Andrea or William, we would say how romantic and loving they are towards their girlfriends.

Well, that's just your assumption. I certainly will think exactly the same if it was a man who was behaving that way. In my eyes, she looks like looking desesperately for his attention all the time, and these last images with her pleading "embrasse-moi" in front of the whole airport, are a bit sad IMO.

caroline seems so haughty at times, cold, even pretencious ...).

I really think that caroline offers that image because she is really concious of her public role and tries to offer a serious image. I say that because a couple of years ago I was watching the montecarlo ballet festival on tv. The grimaldis were on the balcony and caroline looked all the time haughty and serious even after the show while she knew that the cameras where watching them. However at some point while the credits were passing over the screen she might have think that she was not on tv anymore and suddenly she changed completely.She grabed the arm of a man besides her and started dancing and doint little jumps in a playing way. It wasn't the same woman we see on tv at all.
So, I think that she must be playful and nice in private, and her public image does not do her justice.

Well, that's just your assumption. I certainly will think exactly the same if it was a man who was behaving that way. In my eyes, she looks like looking desesperately for his attention all the time, and these last images with her pleading "embrasse-moi" in front of the whole airport, are a bit sad IMO.

I agree with Tutu, one thing is being romantic, and the other being childlish, and it's the same standard for both man and women. It's even more desperate when man follows girl around like some puppy...

If Will does that, follow like a puppy, I would say the same thing:lol:.....fortunately nobody had the opportunity to capture that yet... but I do agree that Char has to be more cautious as the videos are permanent, maybe one day, in case she marries a famous guy, royal or religious or celebrity..the clips might turn to be valuable 'masterpiece'...

She looks angry in the last pic. Can't blame her, check out the tourist with the camera, I can only imagine how annoying it must be.

Thanks a lot for the new pics Ianna.At the third one the guy with the camera is sooo indiscreet..

Thanks a lot for the new pics Ianna.At the third one the guy with the camera is sooo indiscreet..

You're welcome, Beatrice! :)
Couldn't agree more for that pic...;)

Wow.......... she looks so fed up. Here is such a classic example of how in her face the attention is. She cannot breath without someone gaping at her or taking a picture. That tourist guy probably has no idea what her name is but he saw the paparazzi and thought she must be some famous glamorous person, and of course she is so beautiful and looks the part. ;)

I don't spend most days on a royal forum so I can't respond to whether you've equally stated similar comments about Char's brothers or other young royals, unless you prefer to quote previous comments of yours?

I've highlighted your reference to 'Assumption' after all this whole forum is based on people's assumption and their own bias conclusion. I do not consider a girlfriend or a boyfriend kissing their significant other and minding their own business desperate. After all we are the intruder and desperate ones invading into someone's right to enjoy their vacation with their loved ones, and having hidden camera follow them around like a stalker.

Charlotte like her brothers are very demonstrative and affectionate with family, friends and those whom they date. As long they are enjoying their life and not causing scandals like their elders from the same family, I'll say be more 'desperate', which apparently annoys some of the royal watchers!

Some new pics..from airport, I beleive.

Beautiful Charlotte

Waiting in line... converse girl..have same, even the color matches...hehe..:)

Charlotte and Alex

Beautiful, they seem to be unhappy with the camera men following them around though. I hope Charlotte does not become a media obsession specially in the English speaking world who are slowly discovering her in the past few months.

The Prisma pics are nice. Her blue bikini is cool, but I wish she will burn that thing she wore over it! :lol:

^ Oh yes, my taught exactly! BTW the other girls are very free regarding their bicini tops, or lack of it.

Who's this guy?!?:w00t2::in_love::brows:
Clearly Charlotte is dating the wrong guy here...:D:lol:

http://i9.tinypic.com/4kvul92.jpg
http://i16.tinypic.com/4l6m9mg.jpg
http://i10.tinypic.com/4xqlh6b.jpg
(agencia prisima originally posted by tbhrc)

I had a similar thought, hehe.... at first I did! But then I noticed his body.... too.... I can't say it because the Mod Squad won't like it! :D His face is good, very good, but not his body. No, even Alex has a much better body than this guy. And Alex seems much more cool than this guy. :p

thank goodness charlotte showed common sense and didn't shed her bikini top like her friends!!!! that's one photo i don't want to see flashed around the world. i know its accepted and no big deal in many places but she's showing decorum not giving them a chance to exploit her beautiful body (sigh i had a body like that in my 20's, gonna go have a good cry now sigh)

Charlotte obviously learned from her mother's (and aunt's ) mistakes !

Last edited:
thank goodness charlotte showed common sense and didn't shed her bikini top like her friends!!!! that's one photo i don't want to see flashed around the world. i know its accepted and no big deal in many places but she's showing decorum not giving them a chance to exploit her beautiful body (sigh i had a body like that in my 20's, gonna go have a good cry now sigh)

You're right. It's better for her not to be exploited, as she surely would be! Only remember the photos of last summer when a little bit kind of slipped out (if you know what I mean) and the press had a field day! What would they do with pics of her topless? Exploit them, exploit her! It is one thing for private individuals to enjoy an even tanning, but another thing for someone of Charlotte's position to be exploited.

Posted by iloveroyals
Charlotte obviously learned from my mother's (and aunt's ) mistakes !

I am sure you must mean she learned from her mother's and aunt's "mistakes". :D Yes, indeed. Although it can't be called an actual mistake, for it would be understandable if she wanted to do it, but like bbb said, it's better that she won't do it. She doesn't need that kind of exploitation on top of everything else she puts up with from paparazzi.

Agree, with Casiraghi Trio & bbb. I just don't understand how can Alice (if that is Alice) take the top of in front of her brother... I'm mean it's not big deal when you're with friends, but I would feel weird doing that in front of my brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom