The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 08-23-2007, 11:38 AM
psychoduck's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: paris, France
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals View Post
It's interesting to me that in these pictures and in the video, you can tell the difference in personality between Charlotte and her mother. They are so often portrayed as being clones of each other physically, which to a certain extent is true, but Charlotte is a lot "cuter". I'd never describe Caroline as "cute". Also, Caroline once said in an interview that one of her nicknames, when she was a girl, was "Câline", (kind of short for Caroline, but meaning "affectionate, cuddly"), and how she felt that nickname did not suit her at all because she was not the cuddly type. It would actually suit her daughter a lot more. Although both are exuberant, extraverted (at least in these current pictures), talkative, it seems to me that Charlotte is more playful, more kittenish, and craving for attention, whereas Caroline never seemed to need attention that way. In fact, Charlotte reminds me more of Stephanie, in her days with the young Delon or the young Belmondo.
you are absolutely right, iloveroyals...
caroline and charlotte look like each other but in the same time they are so different.. caroline seems so haughty at times, cold, even pretencious ...while charlotte is, like you say ,cute and spontaneous...they're is something childish in her face, her manners...it's obvious when you see the video. If you take 2 pics of them at the same age and compare them, U will see the difference.. ( unfortunately, i don't know how to post pics so can't show you ).
__________________

  #122  
Old 08-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 141
I don't quite get why everyone finds Charlotte more mature in this new relationship. She seemed fairly mature with Felix, while with Alex she seems a 15 year old groupy craving for her idol attention.
Last week in the spanish magazine que me dices they hinted that she looked a bit desperate and pathetic around him, and in the last Point the vue issue they also make some ironic comments about her adoration for alex (although in a much more polite way than in the spanish magazine) and I have to say that I kind of agree.
In a way it is very nice that she is so much in love, but in another way I don't like the image she offers.
I don't consider myself a prude person at all, but I will certainly never allow my boyfriend to grab my ass the way alex does in front of all my friends. And the way she looks at him ALL THE TIME, you could believe Alex is god reincarnated... In the videos is more of the same: he goes for the jeep and she follows him like a puppy even if the paps are surrouding them... And at the airport!
Well, I have to say that that video has kind of changed my opinion about Alex. I used to think that he was cold and dettached with her, but in these images he just looks embarrased. And I would certanly feel embarrased too with a girl hanging on me and kissing me all over my body in front of hundreds of people! She acts like a teenager who is away from her parents supervision for the first time!
__________________

  #123  
Old 08-23-2007, 02:54 PM
rchainho's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , Portugal
Posts: 2,543
According to the portuguese magazine and one friend of mine, charlotte was in Comporta, near Setúbal, Portugal to have some days in the coast.
__________________
my new forum for active members only:http://crownroyals.proboards.com/
  #124  
Old 08-23-2007, 03:15 PM
mizzy2006's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alor setar, Malaysia
Posts: 230
Yeah...she looks immature, however hopefully she learns to be mature in this relationship.... she's only 21 and hopefully she won't decide to get marry yet (since her mother married for the first time at age 21).
  #125  
Old 08-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Lamyah's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 251
Its funny how in the 21st CE, we still have clearly defined double standard when it comes to women and male affections towards their significant other. I mean, if this was Andrea or William, we would say how romantic and loving they are towards their girlfriends. However, because Charlotte seems to be the more open and affectionate person with Alex, a man who apparently wanted her for years, we consider that desperate. Its not like she's forcing herself on him, she's a 21 yrs old who for the first time moved from her teeny-poppy love to an adult one where she's living her life without any scandal.

Only criticism I would state is that she should watch out for the camera lenses since these pictures are recorded for history and try to be a bit more royal in her public affection with a boyfriend. After all, if she ends up marrying another man, whether he be a Prince or not, the media and some people might not look too kindly on it.
  #126  
Old 08-23-2007, 06:52 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals View Post
It's interesting to me that in these pictures and in the video, you can tell the difference in personality between Charlotte and her mother. They are so often portrayed as being clones of each other physically, which to a certain extent is true, but Charlotte is a lot "cuter". I'd never describe Caroline as "cute". Also, Caroline once said in an interview that one of her nicknames, when she was a girl, was "Câline", (kind of short for Caroline, but meaning "affectionate, cuddly"), and how she felt that nickname did not suit her at all because she was not the cuddly type. It would actually suit her daughter a lot more. Although both are exuberant, extraverted (at least in these current pictures), talkative, it seems to me that Charlotte is more playful, more kittenish, and craving for attention, whereas Caroline never seemed to need attention that way. In fact, Charlotte reminds me more of Stephanie, in her days with the young Delon or the young Belmondo.
She is loads like her Tama Steph and I think she would like it if she knew people said that about her. She has always looked up to Stephanie, I think.
  #127  
Old 08-24-2007, 12:47 AM
talula's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 94
Yes after seeing the second video I kind of get the same feeling as Tutu described in previous posts. Charlotte does seem to be very desperate-looking around Alex. She's always by his side, and only paying attention to him. It's a lot different than how she behaved with Felix. I'm sure she was as devoted to him, but she kept it more private. But in the end I really don't believe in doing too many comparisons because they're different guys at different times.
One thing for sure, while I watched the video I definitely got the feeling that she is more into him than he is to her. She is probably captivated by his personality and experiences - living in London, Brazil and having ties to the middle east, plus he has his art gallery. He's a wealthy man that gets around and seems to have ambition beyond the average 20yr olds. She is probably attracted by this. I'm sure the attraction is mutual, but you can't forget that he's dated superstars' kids before, and you can't get cooler than a Stones kid!
  #128  
Old 08-24-2007, 04:54 AM
Daytona's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by talula View Post
. Charlotte does seem to be very desperate-looking around Alex. She's always by his side, and only paying attention to him. It's a lot different than how she behaved with Felix. I'm sure she was as devoted to him, but she kept it more private. But in the end I really don't believe in doing too many comparisons because they're different guys at different times.
Women are usually looking for a strong man,not only physically but in character, so as to feel safety and security.It seems that Alex is a tough guy with experiences who knows how to treat women so as to show them who is the man.I also believe Charlotte is very affectionate,love carrying who has been brought up adequatly.Not many women have these qualities today in a relationship.
__________________
There is but only one truly philosophical problem and that is suicide.
Albert Camus
,The myth of Sisyphus
  #129  
Old 08-24-2007, 07:28 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamyah View Post
Its funny how in the 21st CE, we still have clearly defined double standard when it comes to women and male affections towards their significant other. I mean, if this was Andrea or William, we would say how romantic and loving they are towards their girlfriends.
Well, that's just your assumption. I certainly will think exactly the same if it was a man who was behaving that way. In my eyes, she looks like looking desesperately for his attention all the time, and these last images with her pleading "embrasse-moi" in front of the whole airport, are a bit sad IMO.
  #130  
Old 08-24-2007, 07:34 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoduck View Post
caroline seems so haughty at times, cold, even pretencious ...).
I really think that caroline offers that image because she is really concious of her public role and tries to offer a serious image. I say that because a couple of years ago I was watching the montecarlo ballet festival on tv. The grimaldis were on the balcony and caroline looked all the time haughty and serious even after the show while she knew that the cameras where watching them. However at some point while the credits were passing over the screen she might have think that she was not on tv anymore and suddenly she changed completely.She grabed the arm of a man besides her and started dancing and doint little jumps in a playing way. It wasn't the same woman we see on tv at all.
So, I think that she must be playful and nice in private, and her public image does not do her justice.
  #131  
Old 08-24-2007, 08:01 AM
shappica's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutú View Post
Well, that's just your assumption. I certainly will think exactly the same if it was a man who was behaving that way. In my eyes, she looks like looking desesperately for his attention all the time, and these last images with her pleading "embrasse-moi" in front of the whole airport, are a bit sad IMO.
I agree with Tutu, one thing is being romantic, and the other being childlish, and it's the same standard for both man and women. It's even more desperate when man follows girl around like some puppy...
  #132  
Old 08-24-2007, 09:50 AM
Ianna's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: My little corner of the world, Croatia
Posts: 1,730
Back to Monaco/August '07

Some new pics..from airport, I beleive.

Beautiful Charlotte

Waiting in line... converse girl..have same, even the color matches...hehe..

Charlotte and Alex

.
__________________
On the last day of the Creation God desired to crown His work,
and thus created Kornati Islands out of tears, stars and breath.
(George Bernard Shaw)
  #133  
Old 08-24-2007, 10:12 AM
mizzy2006's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alor setar, Malaysia
Posts: 230
If Will does that, follow like a puppy, I would say the same thing.....fortunately nobody had the opportunity to capture that yet... but I do agree that Char has to be more cautious as the videos are permanent, maybe one day, in case she marries a famous guy, royal or religious or celebrity..the clips might turn to be valuable 'masterpiece'...
  #134  
Old 08-24-2007, 10:14 AM
shappica's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Posts: 438
She looks angry in the last pic. Can't blame her, check out the tourist with the camera, I can only imagine how annoying it must be.
  #135  
Old 08-24-2007, 10:18 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Strasbourg, France
Posts: 407
Thanks a lot for the new pics Ianna.At the third one the guy with the camera is sooo indiscreet..
  #136  
Old 08-24-2007, 10:25 AM
Ianna's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: My little corner of the world, Croatia
Posts: 1,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
Thanks a lot for the new pics Ianna.At the third one the guy with the camera is sooo indiscreet..
You're welcome, Beatrice!
Couldn't agree more for that pic...
__________________
On the last day of the Creation God desired to crown His work,
and thus created Kornati Islands out of tears, stars and breath.
(George Bernard Shaw)
  #137  
Old 08-24-2007, 10:30 AM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,413
Wow.......... she looks so fed up. Here is such a classic example of how in her face the attention is. She cannot breath without someone gaping at her or taking a picture. That tourist guy probably has no idea what her name is but he saw the paparazzi and thought she must be some famous glamorous person, and of course she is so beautiful and looks the part.
  #138  
Old 08-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Char_Lou's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lima, Peru
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianna View Post
Some new pics..from airport, I beleive.

Beautiful Charlotte

Waiting in line... converse girl..have same, even the color matches...hehe..

Charlotte and Alex

.
Pls! PLS! PLS! Ianna where did u get those pics. can u tell me pls.! i love the second one she looks OMG BELLISIMa beautiful and i like taht she's so simple and even if she is simple she always looks pretty really pretty!!!
__________________
Lou
www.loumpy.webs.com
Charlotte Casiraghi humilde "fan art"
  #139  
Old 08-24-2007, 06:35 PM
Lamyah's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutú View Post
Well, that's just your assumption. I certainly will think exactly the same if it was a man who was behaving that way. In my eyes, she looks like looking desesperately for his attention all the time, and these last images with her pleading "embrasse-moi" in front of the whole airport, are a bit sad IMO.
I don't spend most days on a royal forum so I can't respond to whether you've equally stated similar comments about Char's brothers or other young royals, unless you prefer to quote previous comments of yours?

I've highlighted your reference to 'Assumption' after all this whole forum is based on people's assumption and their own bias conclusion. I do not consider a girlfriend or a boyfriend kissing their significant other and minding their own business desperate. After all we are the intruder and desperate ones invading into someone's right to enjoy their vacation with their loved ones, and having hidden camera follow them around like a stalker.

Charlotte like her brothers are very demonstrative and affectionate with family, friends and those whom they date. As long they are enjoying their life and not causing scandals like their elders from the same family, I'll say be more 'desperate', which apparently annoys some of the royal watchers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianna View Post
Some new pics..from airport, I beleive.

Beautiful Charlotte

Waiting in line... converse girl..have same, even the color matches...hehe..

Charlotte and Alex

.
Beautiful, they seem to be unhappy with the camera men following them around though. I hope Charlotte does not become a media obsession specially in the English speaking world who are slowly discovering her in the past few months.
  #140  
Old 08-24-2007, 08:03 PM
rrinvan's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Costa Mesa, United States
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianna View Post
Some new pics..from airport, I beleive.

Beautiful Charlotte

Waiting in line... converse girl..have same, even the color matches...hehe..

Charlotte and Alex

.
The first pic is so Stephanie!

Actually, Charlotte in her recent fashion statements are so much ala Stephanie -- tight jeans, body-hugging outfits, very casual.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 25 : June 2007 - Aug.2007 tbhrc Current Events Archive 190 08-08-2007 06:13 PM
Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 24 : April 2007 - June 2007 tbhrc Current Events Archive 190 06-19-2007 02:49 PM
Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 23 : March 2007 - April 2007 tbhrc Current Events Archive 191 04-16-2007 05:54 PM
Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 22 : Feb.2007 - March 2007 Lady Jennifer Current Events Archive 199 03-06-2007 10:25 AM
Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 11 : Aug.2005 - Sept.2005 Gabriella Current Events Archive 209 09-21-2005 08:59 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit poll catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 october and november 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess marie events princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania in washington royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats the duchess of cornwall working visit


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:09 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises