The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 12:16 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shappica View Post
21 is not "big one" in Europe. The big one here is 18, and she did have a huge party for that one.
I disagree. In the U.K your 21st birthday is pretty big - probably bigger than your 18th. Most people have huge 21st celebrations ... probably because at 18, though you can legally drink, you're still a teenager whereas once you're 21 it's the beginning of adulthood in a sense & you have a huge celebration to mark it.

Old 08-05-2007, 06:22 AM
Nobility

What I meant is that in Europe the big one legally (or when you're not under aged anymore) is 18. That's when you can drink (you can pretty much do that anytime, I think that's more strict in the US), drive, vote... And in the US from what I know, they have 16, 18, 21.

Can someone from France or Italy say something about this, because I think that UK is a bit different from continental Europe.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
What I meant is that in Europe the big one legally (or when you're not under aged anymore) is 18. That's when you can drink (you can pretty much do that anytime, I think that's more strict in the US), drive, vote... And in the US from what I know, they have 16, 18, 21.

Can someone from France or Italy say something about this, because I think that UK is a bit different from continental Europe.
I think that the UK are a bit different too. Closer to the USA than the rest of europe. In continental europe 21 is no more special than 20 or 22.
About drinking, the "legal" age for drinking in bars is 18, but is not such a respected law.
At least in southern europe (france, spain, italy) it is completely normal to have a glass of wine or champagne in dinners and celebrations with your family... And of course we also start having drinks with friends on weekeds way before turning 18!
Old 08-05-2007, 01:54 PM

Quote:
21 is not "big one" in Europe. The big one here is 18, and she did have a huge party for that one.
Ah well in the US it's big, and everyone over here were pretty excited for her to be 21, sorry
Old 08-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Courtier

In Italy the 21st birhday is absolutely identical to the 20th and the 22nd, it has no particular meaning or importance; the only big celebration is at 18 when you become of age, you can drive and vote (I don't think in Italy we have a legal age for drinking, but maybe we do and noone knows or respects it...) Not sure about France but I'd same is the same as Italy.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Administrator

Pics 5.8.2007

Charlotte and Alex yesterday on the Spanish island Ibiza, enjoying the sun and their love :

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
Old 08-06-2007, 05:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Charlotte and Alex yesterday on the Spanish island Ibiza, enjoying the sun and their love :

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5

Pic 3 answers our inquiries whether Charlotte smokes or not.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:59 PM
Nobility

^ and on pic 5 she looks worried about the paps.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
(I don't think in Italy we have a legal age for drinking, but maybe we do and noone knows or respects it...) Not sure about France but I'd same is the same as Italy.
This is very funny. In US the legal drinking age is not too well-respected either, although everyone knows about it so no one has an excuse for breaking it, other than just plain not caring.

I didn't expect a big to-do kind of party like she had at 18, but it is nice to see that she spent the weekend in such a carefree way. I am a bit surprised to see the Casiraghis not a bit turned off by what Ibiza has become. I would have thought they'd prefer neighboring Formentera. Then again, in terms of privacy, there isn't much difference, is there?
Old 08-07-2007, 01:05 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Thanks, Ianna! I very much like the color of Charlotte's dress on her. It is great with her skin. But the style, I don't like. I don't like Juliette's dress, although like Charlotte, she looks beautiful as always. Olympia looks kind of odd there. I don't think I like her dress, or what little we can see, and I don't think I like her hair like that. I think she looks better with 'up' styles, no?
Out of the 3, Char looks the best. I like the fact that she isn't wearing black, but that is all that I really like. Juliette looked a lot better in a previous pic on this thread. I think it was for Dior collection. I have noticed that she seems skinny in that pic (on page 1; Dior collection) but here she looks kinda short and chunky). Maybe it is just the fit and style of the dress. I do agree that Olympia does look odd.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:52 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you Iceflower for pics. I knew she would spend her b-day around Alex. I love her tan ...
Old 08-07-2007, 05:43 AM
Nobility

i love her tan also..she lookes great in the second pic..
Old 08-07-2007, 06:48 AM

she looks quite thin in the second photo her chest bones look odd....
Old 08-07-2007, 07:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenlovesyou View Post
she looks quite thin in the second photo her chest bones look odd....

She should have loosen weight since the last summer. She's got a wonderful body.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:12 AM
Serene Highness

Charlotte is too skinny. Her chest bones are visible. Don't know how that looks good to some people.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 08-07-2007, 10:57 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Pic 1
Pic 2
I like the guy with the blue shirt.. he's a hunk!!
Old 08-07-2007, 12:19 PM

He is a hunk. His presence is intriguing too. He is so serious-faced. He has a bodyguard look about him, although he can't be because he is not carrying any weapon or even a radio. At the table when they were eating, he was sitting next to Alex, then moved into the empty chair next to the blonde in white.

Here are some enlarged AWP pics:
http://i9.tinypic.com/4kwk8ap.jpg
http://i15.tinypic.com/6d0sw89.jpg
http://i13.tinypic.com/4pkpw6p.jpg
http://i14.tinypic.com/4vg9sox.jpg
http://i17.tinypic.com/6737xx1.jpg

Enlarged from Wire Image:
http://i12.tinypic.com/54j4oe1.jpg
http://i11.tinypic.com/678vdds.jpg
http://i17.tinypic.com/4pj41dx.jpg

Please feel free to take them, use them anywhere. The only reason they have my mark, which I hope isn't too intrusive, is in case anyone has questions about the source. The credits are to AWP/Getty and Wire Image.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit View Post
Charlotte is too skinny. Her chest bones are visible. Don't know how that looks good to some people.
I don't think she's too skiny, I think she's perfect weight.
I wouldn't be surprised if she lost more weight, though, after all she seems to be around Karl a lot.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Gentry

her skin look really good i love that tone of her skin and yeah she seems a lil skinny in the top LOL jaja
Old 08-07-2007, 10:20 PM
Aristocracy

she doesnt look too skint to me now, she had look skinner before
she looks really pretty

Closed Thread