The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by anag
What is wrong with her? That pose with her leg up like that? She looks so trashy. Oh, Charlotte has not been making great fashion choices lately, it's a real pity because she's so beautiful. I understand that she's young, rich, and living it up, but maybe she will snap out of it. Hopefully, she just needs to get the red lipstick out of her system...

Ani
Charlotte is definitely running with the socialite crowd and she's posing for the cameras. Unfortunately, the "L" pose looks dumb. She should pose with one foot crossed in front of the other a la Tinsley Mortimer. I don't see anything wrong with her wanting to enjoy her priviledged life, but it seems like a different direction for her. I guess she's just growing up?

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 03-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Aristocracy

Well bright colors are in for spring .. I think she looks great and the photographers probaby told them to pose like they were having a great time or something theres nothing distasteful in that

Old 03-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Courtier

i think she looked horrible but i hope it's just a phase and she snaps out of it.........................i think sometimes we expect too much of these people but i think she used to be a much better dresser and a lot more sophisticated a few years ago than she is now
Old 03-01-2007, 10:22 PM

i'm a little unfamiliar with the people she was with for the mario testino party. can someone please tell me who they are? thanks...
Old 03-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhea
i'm a little unfamiliar with the people she was with for the mario testino party. can someone please tell me who they are? thanks...
Fellow kids out of big money: the ones that I know of - in black and white dress Camilla Al Fayed (her father is Harrods owner, I think), in black Tatiana Santo Domingo (Andrea's gf, who is apparently studying hard in New York, as you can see), in white Olympia Scarry (the author's granddaughter and Pierre's former gf) and in pink Dasha Zhukova (Russian money, former Marat Safin's gf, apparently had a fling with Abramovich this summer). Can't blame you for not knowing them, they are not really famous for doing something that's worth reporting.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:49 PM
Serene Highness

I think she looked great. I loved the dress. Sexy, not skanky. I think she's allowed to be that way every now and then. She seems to be coming out of her shell a lot lately, as compared to the shy Char from a few years ago.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:14 AM
Commoner

Just like the song says, "The times they are a-changin'"

Old 03-02-2007, 12:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by maya35
Fellow kids out of big money: the ones that I know of - in black and white dress Camilla Al Fayed (her father is Harrods owner, I think), in black Tatiana Santo Domingo (Andrea's gf, who is apparently studying hard in New York, as you can see), in white Olympia Scarry (the author's granddaughter and Pierre's former gf) and in pink Dasha Zhukova (Russian money, former Marat Safin's gf, apparently had a fling with Abramovich this summer). Can't blame you for not knowing them, they are not really famous for doing something that's worth reporting.
Who has time to just fly to Paris for a party especially if they are a student? An 8 hour flight to Paris and an 8 hour flight back to New York in the space of a weekend would not work for me if I was in school. Or maybe her schedule in school is a little light.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 03-02-2007, 01:56 AM
Gentry

Quote:
To be honest, (and it's just my opinion) they all look incredibly... tacky?
I concur. The dresses all look a size too small, their hair looks messy and unkept and they look like they have had a little too much to drink and are a little worse for wear. Having said that, they also look like they are having fun. I guess if I was going to an event where I knew that there would be photographers, no matter how much fun I planned on having, I would try to not look like street-walker chic. But, to each his own.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:53 AM
Aristocracy

I miss the days of photos from the riding competitions. It seemed then she had a real passion for something. Of course, being a student takes so much time and energy that I suppose that becomes your passion and when you get a break, you take a break. I just enjoyed seeing genuine smiles and emotion on her face more than the posed pouts of fashion show photos.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:44 AM
Courtier

I saw this http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...00790523AM.jpg
and thought, oh what a pretty dress!
And then I opened the other pics and I was .
Not pretty! Not pretty at all! And this coming from someone who believes twenty-year olds should have lots and lots of fun.

I think the true charlotte, at least the one we *thought* we know and love, is in there somewhere. I just hope she's not succumbing to the seemingly inevitable fate of living the life of a pseudo royal with the world at her feet. My impression of charlotte's personality has always been that she seems to be the kind of person who could be easily dominated by stronger personalities. With Pierre or Andrea, you could easily put your finger on what makes them tick. They've been always consistent and the things they do don't seem out of character. But that's not the case with Charlotte.

I think the fashion world has been clamoring for her and it would take a lot of sureness of self to be able to stay you and resist all that glamour and people making you feel that as if you're the most beautiful/important/heavenly creature to walk through their doors.

Ah well...too much said about a few little snapshots.

Old 03-02-2007, 10:43 AM
Aristocracy

For you fans, here's my contribution: Paris Fashion Week Parties: Party Coverage on Style.com

Being a male, I do feel strange reading an online mag for women!

Dave HAL
Old 03-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
Who has time to just fly to Paris for a party especially if they are a student? An 8 hour flight to Paris and an 8 hour flight back to New York in the space of a weekend would not work for me if I was in school. Or maybe her schedule in school is a little light.
My thoughts exactly, especially considering the party was on wednesday. Their weekend starts early:) And light class schedule usually means a LOT of reading and self study. Unless she is doing right at Testino's party, she is not very dedicated to her schooling, lol.

On the lighter note, they all look quite comfortable with themselves, so I guess as long as they are having fun... I do hope the company and the style is just a phase for Charlotte though. She used to be much more likable.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Royal Highness

Charlotte in Paris, 02/03/07 (only small pic)

Charlotte (jogging or maybe running away from paparazzis )
Old 03-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianna
Charlotte in Paris, 02/03/07 (only small pic)

Charlotte (jogging or maybe running away from paparazzis )
Or maybe crossing the street..... she doesn't look as if she's running.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by anag
Or maybe crossing the street..... she doesn't look as if she's running.
Probably..like her red sneakers
Old 03-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianna
Probably..like her red sneakers
So do I. Thanks for the picture, Ianna
Old 03-02-2007, 05:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
So do I. Thanks for the picture, Ianna
You're welcome maya! Red is her colour for now.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:53 PM
Aristocracy

charlotte running in the streets of paris the day of the chanel fashion show?? that's pretty strange haha
or maybe she wasn't there because I haven't found any pics yet
Old 03-03-2007, 03:09 AM
Nobility

I wonder why charlotte exclusively wears karl lagerfeld designs, it usually doesn't compliment her petite body. The last fotos of her at Testino party shows a lackluster, or maybe because she's with the usual tiring socialites lately

Closed Thread