The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona
I also agree.Clearly in any case photographers are violating her privacy.It is really a shame for any individual not to be able to enjoy private moments.The only way to protect her privacy is to file a suit like Caroline did (Hannover versus Germany).
Yeah, but we're being hypocrites (I am guilty as anyone else) because we are soaking up these pics of them on their private boats (their private property!!)
Angry at myself, not anyone else! Very bad. This gives me a lot of ponder.

Old 07-27-2006, 02:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Yeah, but we're being hypocrites (I am guilty as anyone else) because we are soaking up these pics of them on their private boats (their private property!!)
Don't blame yourself,we all love this family that's why we search for their photos.It's the paparazzi's fault.On the other hand this is his job and the Grimaldis are not only celebs but royalty so people will always be interested in them and they'll always be hunted by the press people.They can't avoid it

Old 07-27-2006, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatrice
Don't blame yourself,we all love this family that's why we search for their photos.It's the paparazzi's fault.On the other hand this is his job and the Grimaldis are not only celebs but royalty so people will always be interested in them and they'll always be hunted by the press people.They can't avoid it
No, it's not really the paparazzi's fault. It goes back to us in the end. We have the demand. The paparazzi do it because they make money from it. the agencies buy their photos, the magazines buy the agency photos, and we buy the magazines. they wouldn't do it if we didn't buy the magazines.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
NO that's no true. We like them. we look for their pics, but we do not ran behind their intimate pics, we do not especially care about Char' bra colour
Old 07-27-2006, 02:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Your thoughts were also the thoughts of the German court but the court said that every individual has some privacy no matter how much popular they are and how often exposed to the press because of their lifestyle,titles.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Your thoughts were also the thoughts of the German court but the court said that every individual has some privacy no matter how much popular they are and how often exposed to the press because of their lifestyle,titles.
I think it was the European Court of Human Rights in France.Yes i know that but as we can all see nothing has changed after the Court's desicion.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:17 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyEsquire
I'm not one to rave about privacy for royals. I mean, I love having new pics of them as much as anyone. But this last one above really bothers me. The sight of a young girl having to try to hide under a towel as photographers do their best to shoot pictures of her exposed breast is kind of heart breaking.
I agree. Charlotte is keeping a low profile by wearing normal clothes, doing normal things girls her age do. I think she is doing everything to prevent getting attention. And it is as if we are even more mesmirised by her for these things. And the paparazzi reacts to that by taking more pictures, because they obviously sell. I think all of us Charlotte admirers should really think about the consequences of our admiration. Maybe we shouldn't want to see a new picture of Charlotte everyday. Because if we do, the paparazi will get nastier and nastier. And we don't want Charlotte to change into someone who's paranoid of the press do we... Maybe we shouldn't support this and only want to see pictures of her taken at official happenings, even if that means we get to see less of her. But is that such a high price to pay? Just because we love Charlotte and don't want her to change!
Old 07-27-2006, 03:23 PM
Gentry

Quote:
I don't agree Beatrice. The paparazzi only takes pictures they know we will want to see. So indirectly yes WE are responsible and CasiraghiTrio is very right. Aren't you hungry for new pictures of Charlotte every time you log into this forum? If we wouldn't buy magazines because Charlotte is in it, the paparazzi would definitely leave her alone, because they don't make money then. It's very easy to point your finger to others, but we definitely have a hand in this as well!
Old 07-27-2006, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
NO that's no true. We like them. we look for their pics, but we do not ran behind their intimate pics, we do not especially care about Char' bra colour
'
I repeat because obviously you missed this very important point: No, it's not really the paparazzi's fault. It goes back to us in the end. We have the demand. The paparazzi do it because they make money from it. the agencies buy their photos, the magazines buy the agency photos, and we buy the magazines. they wouldn't do it if we didn't buy the magazines.

It is our fault. It does all go back to our buying the magazines. That's why the paparazzi do it. our demand fills their pockets.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I think it was the European Court of Human Rights in France.Yes i know that but as we can all see nothing has changed after the Court's desicion.
The case ended to the European court just after all internal legal means were used, you are right.Here is the case for those who are interested

http://cmiskp.echr.coe.int/tkp197/vi...&skin=hudoc-en
Old 07-27-2006, 03:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
The case ended to the European court just after all internal legal means were used, you are right.Here is the case for those who are interested

http://cmiskp.echr.coe.int/tkp197/vi...&skin=hudoc-en
Interesting find Daytona.Well i agree with most of you but as i said before nothing has changed after the desicion(or will change)because they will always have fans who are interested in them.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
'
I repeat because obviously you missed this very important point: No, it's not really the paparazzi's fault. It goes back to us in the end. We have the demand. The paparazzi do it because they make money from it. the agencies buy their photos, the magazines buy the agency photos, and we buy the magazines. they wouldn't do it if we didn't buy the magazines.

It is our fault. It does all go back to our buying the magazines. That's why the paparazzi do it. our demand fills their pockets.
I did not miss any point I think. I make a difference between public and private. Charlotte and her family are public persons, her uncle rules a country, they can not live hidden. I'm very happy to see pics of them in the Monaco Rose ball, they are PUBLIC moments, but I do not care about seing her washing her teeth.
Prince Rainiers funerall was public, everyone could see it, but I wouldnt see Caroline crying into her bathroom for her father.
When Stefano died, a german or italian papz managed to enter into the church before the funeral, and took pic of her crying alone near his body, this is disgusting, but french mags never published these pics, they were really private.
Princess Diana passing away, is also disgusting to see, I choose not go into the site it was shown, last year or the year before. You can choose till which point far you can go with celebrities, you are not obliged to buy EVERY rubbish think, or go to EVERY trash internet site, you can put your limits.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:08 PM

Quote:
I did not miss any point I think. I make a difference between public and private. Charlotte and her family are public persons, her uncle rules a country, they can not live hidden. I'm very happy to see pics of them in the Monaco Rose ball, they are PUBLIC moments, but I do not care about seing her washing her teeth.
Prince Rainiers funerall was public, everyone could see it, but I wouldnt see Caroline crying into her bathroom for her father.
When Stefano died, a german or italian papz managed to enter into the church before the funeral, and took pic of her crying alone near his body, this is disgusting, but french mags never published these pics, they were really private.
Princess Diana passing away, is also disgusting to see, I choose not go into the site it was shown, last year or the year before. You can choose till which point far you can go with celebrities, you are not obliged to buy EVERY rubbish think, or go to EVERY trash internet site, you can put your limits.
Right, you buy what you want. I don't buy any of the magazines that members here give us scans from because they are European magazines.
But whenever there are pics of the Casiraghis in the Euro mags, someone here at this forum goes out and buys it and scans it. So we are guilty. We soak it up. We feed the ongoing interest in their private lives. I am not talking about the public events. I'm talking about the private pics of Pierre on the beach, shirtless playing volleyball; Charlotte with her nipple hanging out; Andrea naked. You are making a point about distinguishing between private and public that is not necessary here. We were already discussing only the private paparazzi pics. Those are the ones that are, indeed, exploited here, exploited on my site, on Carl's site, on birgitte's, etc.
So we are all guilty of perpetuating the interest in their private lives.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:11 PM

Another thing, you guys are mixing up your court cases. There was the German court ruling in the magazines' favor. Then Caroline filed a complaint with the Stausbourg ECHR and they ruled in her favor. I'm currently reading lots about it because I am working on a paper about it. It was a landmark decision and is always cited in subsequent celeb/royal complaints about privacy violations.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:32 PM
Gentry

Hmmm. Maybe they should consider vacationing where the paparazzi aren't so present.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhite3182
Hmmm. Maybe they should consider vacationing where the paparazzi aren't so present.
Why don't you direct your sarcasm at Caroline in a personal letter? give her suggestions about where to go to evade the paparazzi, huh? Or do you think the paparazzi would track them down anywhere? hmmmmmmmm
Old 07-27-2006, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Why don't you direct your sarcasm at Caroline in a personal letter? give her suggestions about where to go to evade the paparazzi, huh? Or do you think the paparazzi would track them down anywhere? hmmmmmmmm
IMO for Caroline, they are very very few places to escape, .... like the moon, or the deeplest point of the Pacific Ocean....... and she knows it very well. She does not even try to, she just files court cases.

Her "lack of luck" is that being herself since her tender age followed by Paparazzis, she now has beautiful children, who will continue the "tradition".
If Charlotte was extremely ugly, do you think that we all would be discussing now????????? :p
Old 07-27-2006, 05:21 PM
Gentry

Quote:
IMO for Caroline, they are very very few places to escape, .... like the moon, or the deeplest point of the Pacific Ocean....... and she knows it very well. She does not even try to, she just files court cases.

Her "lack of luck" is that being herself since her tender age followed by Paparazzis, she now has beautiful children, who will continue the "tradition".
If Charlotte was extremely ugly, do you think that we all would be discussing now????????? :p
I bet she vacations but we just dont see the pictures so we dont know about them. Thats what i like to think at least.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:29 PM
Gentry

Quote:
That wasn't intended to be sarcastic. But it's a rather obvious conclusion that if you go to the same places for vacation every summer and winter you're going to be hounded. Paparazzi generally haunt the areas where the rich and famous like to gather. I live in a burg that isn't frequented by the rich and famous (San Francisco); therefore, we don't have paparazzi (just a couple of local gossip hounds).

And by the way, I would never write a letter to someone I don't know, suggesting what they do with their lives! It would be in poor taste!
Old 07-27-2006, 11:56 PM

um. it's no ones fault. the paparazzi will always continue to take photos of the famous, and the public will continue to view the pictures. Sometimes intentionally. either way it happens. You can't feel 'bad' for viewing a picture taken by someone else.

Closed Thread