The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 11:03 PM
Nobility

she looks so grown up in the pics, she remindes me of caroline attending official buissness.

i don't like her shoes with the suit, nor do i like the bag, it kind of something paris hilton would wear

Old 04-21-2006, 12:05 AM
Commoner

ugh i actually HATE the outfit, every part of it, except for her shoes! they are the only trendy, cool thing she is wearing.

so from what i understand from the article clip, charlotte and her mother were at a ballet called "chassé-croisé" for a festival of arts in monaco?

anna

Old 04-21-2006, 12:29 AM
Gentry

i do not like outfit she wears.. look like bad fashion choice? where was she? (once again sorry for english just came from africa)
Old 04-21-2006, 02:56 AM
Aristocracy

Now, I'm a great fan of Charlotte's style and I have always admired the way she dresses. This most recent outfit is something else, though. It is the first one ever that I feel is simply bad. She can't honestly think those shoes look good, can she? Why does she wear stuff that so obviously doesn't match? Is it rebellion or what? The shoes are so heavy and clumsy-looking when compared to the rest of the outfit. They have no class whatsoever and look very "cheap"...

What saddens me most of all is her make-up, though. She has the most perfect skin, so why cover it with so much make-up? She's wearing buckets of base, which makes her look like an entirely different person. The thick make-up makes her look so old for her years that it's almost scary. :'(
Old 04-21-2006, 03:09 AM
Courtier

Ive read in another forum that shoes with that platform ar very popular lately. I think it just doesnt match with the rest of the outfit.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by miau
Now, I'm a great fan of Charlotte's style and I have always admired the way she dresses. This most recent outfit is something else, though. It is the first one ever that I feel is simply bad. She can't honestly think those shoes look good, can she? Why does she wear stuff that so obviously doesn't match? Is it rebellion or what? The shoes are so heavy and clumsy-looking when compared to the rest of the outfit. They have no class whatsoever and look very "cheap"...

What saddens me most of all is her make-up, though. She has the most perfect skin, so why cover it with so much make-up? She's wearing buckets of base, which makes her look like an entirely different person. The thick make-up makes her look so old for her years that it's almost scary. :'(
You just said everything I wanted to say
agree 100%
Old 04-21-2006, 04:00 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by miau

too much base? no wonder when i saw the pic, i went "oh, she's so white!"
Old 04-21-2006, 04:14 AM

Charlotte is having a crazy phase. She will learn over time what works and what doesn't work. Sometimes we all see things that look good in the store, or even look good on us, but in a photograph it looks bad, or just looks bad the way you're standing or in certain lighting. Experience will teach her what works best at these types of events. Lord knows her aunt and mama made plenty of mistakes when they were learning (and still make mistakes after all this time.)
Old 04-21-2006, 04:16 AM
Commoner

The shoes would probably not be too bad if were paired with another outfit. They are not flattering for her legs either.
Her hair could have been fixed better, it looks so messy from some angles. I dont like her lipstick either.

Ok lets just say i dont like the outfit! lol
Old 04-21-2006, 04:37 AM

The red lips are wonderful. but did she change her haircoulour?It looks like it is a bit red!
Old 04-21-2006, 05:17 AM
Gentry

Did you notice that she started to make her lips look smaller by not covering upper lip with lipstick on whole area? She did it the same at the Rose bal. I really don't understand why she does it because she has very beautiful lips.
Reniapl
Old 04-21-2006, 06:22 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by reniapl
Did you notice that she started to make her lips look smaller by not covering upper lip with lipstick on whole area? She did it the same at the Rose bal. I really don't understand why she does it because she has very beautiful lips.
Reniapl
yeah i was like did charlotte's lips thin out...?
Old 04-21-2006, 07:31 AM
Commoner

Seems like a lot of people don't like her outfit. I actually like it. You don't get a full frontal of her, but I think it's a nice suit and she does look good in the red. But, I have to agree about the shoes, they look off with the outfit.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:38 AM
Commoner

I was looking in Princess Caroline's thread and you can see full frontal pictures of charlotte. The shoes don't look so bad if you look straight at her, but I didn't realize how big of a slit there was in the front of the skirt.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:42 AM
Aristocracy

^^^ I thought it was the dark shade of the lipstick, also noticed it already at the rose ball.

The make-up was the first thing, I noticed, too. She looks so pale, the coulour of the outfit makes it only worse. Luckily she wore the red shirt and red lipstick, but on the other hand the contrast somehow makes the pale skin even paler.

But I think the costume (?) looks nice, I just don't know, whether it looks good when the bum "sticks out" of a skirt like that. Well, she can wear it she>'s skinny enough.

The shoes would have worked better with a jeans outfit, IMo they look ok. I'm wondering how one can walk with them????

to say something positive: I like her hairdo and I looooved the bag - I'd never have thought she'd wear something like that.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:03 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by reniapl
Reniapl
Yeah, she must not really like her lips (which I think look great). It's funny, most girls I know do the opposite and try to make their lips look bigger. I suppose even Charlotte doesn't like some things about herself.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:09 AM
Commoner

I think you are a bit too strict with her. In fact, the shoes are outrageous and due to the make up and the lip stick she seems to be very pale. Besides, i do not like the bag - it looks a bit cheap. BUT, on all the other pictures of her, I have never seen her with an outfit that didnt fit to her. So why making such a big fuss about it.

And i agree that she has sooo beautiful lips :)
Old 04-21-2006, 11:09 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey321
I suppose even Charlotte doesn't like some things about herself.
I don't think so Casey,she's a doll and she knows it..!
Old 04-21-2006, 11:51 AM
Serene Highness

I dislike that outfit. In Caroline´s thread those shoes doesn´t look that bad and they even seem nice, but don´t match with the rest of her clothes at all esp with the red t-shirt.I can´t understand how she could walk with them! she looks a bit uncomfortable while she is stand up. In the other hand i just love Caro´s shoes
I agree that sometime she wears too much make up. She is pale so it´s worse.
Perhaps if she would choose another kind a t-shirt or different shoes it´d be better. Her hair is so messy! but she looks cute and with a second view the outfit is not that bad. However I hate the bag
Old 04-21-2006, 12:13 PM
Courtier

Horrible bag, bad shoes, nice dress and nice Char...happy with Mom step-Dad, bro adn boy!