The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 08:03 AM
Aristocracy

I think I read somewhere that Caro and Steph have their own private jets (I'm not 100% sure), and Albert for sure has one as the head of state.

As far as the WM is concerned I think it might be Brasil or Croatia, although I prefere Croatia! :p

Old 04-14-2006, 08:08 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by prana
I read that she is about 165 to 170 cm, so with high heels she is probably taller than me
hm...since there are a lot americans in this forum, i guess there is hardly anybody interested in the football wm, im very sorry *gg*
Greetz Alex
I'm American so can you convert her height measurements to feet?

Old 04-14-2006, 08:13 AM
Courtier

Officially, the Palace doesn't have its own Royal Plane.

Albert seems to rent one for family members as needed. As he's the "green Prince", it wouldn't do to be trotting around in a gas-guzzling private plane. But then he met Nicole while flying commercial. :P

I don't think the Hanovers have a private one either as its too expensive to maintain so perhaps Caroline rents one as needed too. She took one to Germany for something last year. If Charlotte was on one, it might have been a friend's (or their family's); she runs in well-to-do circles.

Generally when I've seen the Family (Grimaldis*, Casiraghis, Hanovers and Ducrets) flying, they've helio'd from MC to Nice and flown commercial. Most pictures I see of them air-traveling are in the airport though-due to regulations-so there is no real way (other than sitting next to them!) to be sure what type of planes they get on.

*Camille is still a Grimaldi right? Her official last name I mean.

Ann
Old 04-14-2006, 08:25 AM
Courtier

Ernst for sure has a private plane (Caro has the boat, he has the plane, balanced couple); I don't know about Albert or Steph. Anyway all the members of the family sometimes fly on private planes (might be rented) and sometimes on commercial flights...
Old 04-14-2006, 09:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
Officially, the Palace doesn't have its own Royal Plane.

Albert seems to rent one for family members as needed. As he's the "green Prince", it wouldn't do to be trotting around in a gas-guzzling private plane. But then he met Nicole while flying commercial. :P

I don't think the Hanovers have a private one either as its too expensive to maintain so perhaps Caroline rents one as needed too. She took one to Germany for something last year. If Charlotte was on one, it might have been a friend's (or their family's); she runs in well-to-do circles.

Generally when I've seen the Family (Grimaldis*, Casiraghis, Hanovers and Ducrets) flying, they've helio'd from MC to Nice and flown commercial. Most pictures I see of them air-traveling are in the airport though-due to regulations-so there is no real way (other than sitting next to them!) to be sure what type of planes they get on.

*Camille is still a Grimaldi right? Her official last name I mean.

Ann
Here mags usually refer to her as Camille Gottlieb.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:14 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AplePie

Between 5,24 and 5,57 feet. I hope thats not wrong...
Old 04-14-2006, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AplePie
Divide cm by 2.54 to get inches. So...

165cm = 65'' (5ft 5'')*
170cm = 66'' (5ft 7'')*

*rounded up:)
Old 04-14-2006, 12:36 PM
Nobility

Thats how tall I thought she was.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
Ernst for sure has a private plane (Caro has the boat, he has the plane, balanced couple); I don't know about Albert or Steph. Anyway all the members of the family sometimes fly on private planes (might be rented) and sometimes on commercial flights...
I know you are right about Ernst having the plane. Caroline does also charter flights for sure, going way back to the early 90s at least, because I have only ever seen the trio flying that way. I've never observed them flying commercial. I mean, maybe the magazines just don't show pics of them flying commercial, or maybe there is some paparazzi restriction in commercial terminals. I don't know. But the only airport pics I've seen of them show them taking private planes. This includes when they were quite little.

Albert for sure does not have his own boat. I am sure he also doesn't own a plane, though he may charter as Caroline did or maybe still does on occasion.
For an American perspective, it's weird thinking of a head of state not having a plane, since the American chief executive (president) has the use of a plane that is called "Air Force One" when he is on it. (Any plane he sets foot on has that designation actually, but he has always has a plane. It's not a personal plane, but still, he has it for official travels. I am surprised Albert doesn't have something like that. But I don't think he does.)

I've seen Albert vacationing on PACHA III with his "set" so I think Caroline loans it to him whenever he wants it.
I've never seen Steph on PACHA III and I don't think she has her own boat. Nor have I ever seen her in airline travel of any kind.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:09 PM
Courtier

Albert through the years has had one or more boats, and Steph too, but they changed them a lot unlike Caro's, and they are much smaller. Pacha III is 35 mt. and one of the most beautiful boats (thought not one of the biggest) of the Mediterranean.

I'm not sure about Albert having a plane, but if he does, it is his own and not State owned as the Air Force One.

Kisses
Old 04-14-2006, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Albert through the years has had one or more boats, and Steph too, but they changed them a lot unlike Caro's, and they are much smaller. Pacha III is 35 mt. and one of the most beautiful boats (thought not one of the biggest) of the Mediterranean.

I'm not sure about Albert having a plane, but if he does, it is his own and not State owned as the Air Force One.

Kisses
I think one of Albert's boat was called the Mogambo, right? I saw him on a boat with this name (it was an old early 90s pic) and I thought it was cool that the boat was given this name, perhaps Grace's most famous movie. but I don't know who owned it, I just assumed it was Grimaldi owned because of the name.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:10 PM
Courtier

Yes, he owned Mogambo; he also owned (now the Monaco Yacht Club does) the historical sailing ship Twiga. Very beautiful. Steph had a boat named Louine, but for information about Steph we should ask Michelle or Sebastian...
Old 04-14-2006, 07:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Steph had a boat named Louine, but for information about Steph we should ask Michelle or Sebastian...
*lol* Lou - ine that reminds me of P - A - Cha
Old 04-14-2006, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Smith
*lol* Lou - ine that reminds me of P - A - Cha
yeah, it's neat how they name their boats after family or after some important feature of a family member's life, like Grace/Mogambo. Some celebs name their boats things like "Atlantis" or "Octopus" and the name doesn't mean anything relating to family. It's just a name chosen out of arrogance. So nouveau riche! :=)
Old 04-15-2006, 09:10 AM

correction

Sorry, guys. I thought the pic where you can see Felix at the Nice airport with Char and Cecile was up on my site but I just noticed I forgot to put a link to it on the right page. so I've fixed it now and you can see it there. I believe it is definitely Felix.

oops, just noticed tbhrc already posted the pics from hola! the ones at my site are the same. sorry.
Old 04-15-2006, 06:12 PM

Bob Sacamano i read somewhere that charlotte is like 5'3-5'4, she usually wears 2-3 inch heels in official functions, making her 5'5-5'6, which makes sense because her mother caroline is 5'7 and charlotte is shorter that her.
oh and i think this year brazil will win the world cup simply because there the best, but i bet germany will come very close
Old 04-15-2006, 07:24 PM
Courtier

I'd say she was at least between 5'4 - 5'6 but not 5'3
Old 04-15-2006, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acid_rain3075
I'd say she was at least between 5'4 - 5'6 but not 5'3
Yes, Charlotte is definitely taller than 5'4, but no taller than 5'7. 5'7 is a generous estimate because I believe she is 5'6 but I grant an inch additional considering that she is now four years older than she was at the time I decided she was 5'6.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:07 AM
Nobility

I'd say Charlotte is about the same height as her mother now it defintlry looks like it, cause when they were on vacation this summerthey wee both wearing flat flip flops and standing next to each other they were the same height. Because Caroline is about 5'8 to 5'9 which is what i red several times and what other people under the royal forums here said and for your European viewers thats 1,73,1,75 cm.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:12 AM
Nobility

Bonjour!

As being a new poster although i'm member at the forums from August i want to say hello to everyone here..!