Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 14 : Nov.2005 - Jan.2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People were saying that the outfit looks ugly and the boots are too short and ugly, just the whole outfit is. Me too in a way , but I do like her skirt and tights, but the sweater and boots thing is just not appealing me I don't like it. But I do love Charlottes silver hoop earrings which are always classic and chic elegant that go with everything simply beautiful. Her hair looksa very pretty and her makeup looks great never heavy, natural , but not too little at all either, very shimmery, fresh, glowing. I think the filling out with more womanly figure looks so much prettier, it makes her where clothes better and look more sexy femmminine and elegant. But she's still slender though so its now like she gained alot of weight or moderate of amount of weight just probably 15 pounds or ''the freshmen 15''.
so, cause remember camera always adds weight especially taken at a wide angle lense like in the new photo's of her in that photo. She's a sophmore now in college so she's more in control more relaxed looking, happier has a warm glow to her, more knoweledge.

Tosca said:
Is this the reason why many royals choose France as their "second home"?
Italy's also a republic, and, although I think nobody will kiss any of them, people her is very interested in everything royal, no matter where they come from.

The fact many royals choose France as second home has nothing to do with the fact people here aren't interested in royals, but with the quality of life and the beauty of the area they're living in.
About the interest for royals, France is a republic for nearly 140 years, Italy for 60 only.

CasiraghiTrio said:
I'm not French, but I seriously doubt Charlotte's fame comes even remotely close to the level of Prince William's fame, even in France. I know she is occasionally on Point du Vue or Paris Match, but that happens (maybe) a couple of times a year at the most. I can't imagine Char being a weekly frontpage headline on the French grocery-store tabloids.

The point to understand is we have no tabloids like in Great-Britain, so it's difficult to make comparisons. It happens Charlotte and the Grimaldis are on the top (the inthronization of Albert II was broadcosted even in public televison) but it's not as fa as in Great-Britain.

Danielane said:
The fact many royals choose France as second home has nothing to do with the fact people here aren't interested in royals, but with the quality of life and the beauty of the area they're living in.
About the interest for royals, France is a republic for nearly 140 years, Italy for 60 only.

I don't think the fact that Italy was a monarchy until 1945 has got a lot to do with royal interest, and I'm not so sure Italian are more interested in royalty than the French who have a whole weekly mag (Point de vue) dedicated to them...
I agree though that Britain, with its gossip newspapers, it's completely different not only in regards to royals, but also to celebrities in generel.

BTW, it was calculated when Caro turned 40, that an Italian mag had dedicated her 100 covers since the day she was born (Paris Match's cover were even more...)
Can you imagine being soo much in the spotlight for so long? For me it would be a nightmere.

Kisses

Grace you answered before me!
I do not think that the return of monarchy is hoped for in Italy. On the contrary, I think that the word "monarchy" here still conjures up with grief and tragedies related to dictatorship, war, rout and civil war.

The reason the Grimaldis are so popular in our country, is based on the fact that Rainier married Grace Kelly, and that their three kids are Grace Kelly's kids. That's all. Had Rainier married a princess, the press and the readers wouldn't have been so much interested in them. Take the Swedish Royal Family: Queen Silvia is a beautiful woman and Princess Madeleine could be somewhat compared to Caroline for her beauty, elegance and disinhibition, however she's never enjoyed the same popularity in Italy. You can hardly see pictures of her in Italian mags and rags.

I have no objection to France's good quality of life, if not, I wouldn't have bought a house in Alsace, although I realize this region has different cultural roots. But when I asked the reason why some royals have chosen it as their second home, I was referring to an interview Princess Grace gave to American press on her arrival in the U.S.A many years ago, where she complained about the American press' pushiness, by saying moreless: " I wish they showed the same respect for the celebrities'privacy as much as their French counterparts do!"

cd_1 said:
Also, I had a question for any French people out there: is having Charlotte in your country a big deal? You know, like Prince William is a big deal in Britain...I mean, do you see her on the cover of every magazine, with tabloids feverishly discussing her lovelife and every new peson she's seen with? like with Prince William and Kate, etc....
Three things:
1. The French press is nowhere as trashy and celebrity obsessed as the British press. In the UK you have about 5 daily tabloids who publish story about who is a closet homosexual, who is cheating on who and who is shopping in the mall (all three being incredible invasion of privacy). In France we have no daily gossip rag, only weekly glossies. The most important is Voici, who is quite respectful (they won't out someone or publish something who could break down a marriage). Paris-Match is powerful too but it's more serious-minded (lots of politics). So basically, to have coverage in these stuff, you better be a television, sport or movie star. They don't have much place for minor celebrities, and they won't be too intrusive.
2. French privacy laws are very strict. It's easy to win a trial against a newspaper here, and Caroline is known to sue a lot. So newspapers won't publish too much pics of Charlotte because they are afraid.
3. The grimaldi are super celebrities in France. They always have covers of Paris-Match (the French answer to Vanity Fair). So I'm pretty sure most French people know at least how Charlotte look, her name, and that she is pretty. Maybe not details about her life, but she had many cover (ohla, point de vue, paris-match, nowhere near her mom, but still), so she's not an unknow.

Paris Match.com

M0005094.jpg
M0005186.jpg
M0005189.jpg

Point de vue. com

pdvcouv50451.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if when Char walks down the street in Paris, if she gets a lot of "she looks familiar but I can't say who she is for sure"?

cath85 said:
I think it is felix too! I admit that he doesn't look 100 percent like on the other pics we've seen of him but I remember seeing one pic of char where she doesn't look like herself either lol it's funny to say but it's true it can happen that you don't look like yourself on one pic. I can't explain that I hope some of you see what I mean :lol:

I know what you mean about a picture not looking like the person - I think that is Felix, too. It doesn't look like him at first glance, but I copied and pasted that one into a document and pasted the ones from the soccer match a few weeks ago next to it. Side by side it was clear that it was him - his chin, his nose. The hair looks a little bit different.

Last edited:
CasiraghiTrio said:
I wonder if when Char walks down the street in Paris, if she gets a lot of "she looks familiar but I can't say who she is for sure"?

I wonder how she goes out without being jumped on by everyone on the street! "OH MY GOD, THAT'S CHARLOTTE CASIRAGHI!" *leap*

:D:p

M|L said:
I wonder how she goes out without being jumped on by everyone on the street! "OH MY GOD, THAT'S CHARLOTTE CASIRAGHI!" *leap*

:D:p

Because lot of people don't care about her :D

I wonder what accent Charlotte and her siblings speak in , because her mother,uncle,aunt all have American accents. If anybody knows pleae reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom