The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 06:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula**
hey a cool little game, have fun
Yeah its a little fun, I have to admit, but there isn't a really good selection of cloths! he he

Old 11-16-2005, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Mary I
Only? Whoa! Impressive! :)
It's possible she knows some Spanish too. I've wondered about that.

Old 11-16-2005, 10:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
It's possible she knows some Spanish too. I've wondered about that.
Given the fact that she is so close to Spain, and that she and the rest of her family go to Spain a lot (and Andrea is dating a Columbian) I wouldn't be surprised if she did know Spanish
Old 11-17-2005, 03:48 AM
Aristocracy

Most royals and in general rich people get a wide education at the best schools in Europe and in America
Old 11-17-2005, 06:09 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
I think Charlotte is a very pretty and intelligent person. Her boyfriend is pretty cute too:p . But IMO these pictures from the soccer match or whatever, she seems a little smug...but don't get me wrong, I still like her and admire all the hard effort she puts into school. I know a lot of rich kids who don't give school the time of day because their inheritance will take care of them.
PLEASE, don't hate ME for the following comments, for these comments are the opinions and facts of two of my former mathematical colleagues at U. Paris, Profs. Jean Penon and Gonsalo Reyes, with whom I conducted research work in Paris years ago, and whom I emailed.

According to Penon and Reyes, Charlotte speaks poor French, even worse English, pathetic Italian and nothing else. She seldom attends class. She seems arrogant and snobbish. She throws tantrums. She is not well-liked. She sits reading romance novels. Penon and Reyes are not optomistic as per her academic success, and compare her with her mother, who never finished school in Paris. It seems that Caroline dropped out of school to get married. Penon and Reyes said that this matter regarding Caroline's failure to finish, could be checked easily by searching the B. Phil. Theses stacks, only to find that no such mandatory thesis exists for her, meaning she never finished.

This was a let down for me!

David -- soon to be killed other members.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:12 AM
Nobility

I can't believe that her French and English are poor. So what does she speak then ? Both languagues and even Italian are her mother tongues so this is not possible !
Old 11-17-2005, 06:16 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by assia
I can't believe that her French and English are poor. So what does she speak then ? Both languagues and even Italian are her mother tongues so this is not possible !
They didn't say much more in their email, but it was very mordant.

Perhaps, Reyes and Penon are just jerks!

David
Old 11-17-2005, 06:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw2108
According to Penon and Reyes, Charlotte speaks poor French, even worse English, pathetic Italian and nothing else. She seldom attends class. She seems arrogant and snobbish. She throws tantrums. She is not well-liked. She sits reading romance novels. Penon and Reyes are not optomistic as per her academic success, and compare her with her mother, who never finished school in Paris.
I think anyone that likes or admires (or whatever) Charlotte has probably heard that she can be arrogant, snobbish, stuck up and all that kinda stuff. But if she passed her bac with one of the highest scores, and is now attending university but refuses to pay attention and rarely attends, then why does she bother going in the first place? And what do you mean speaks poor French, even worse English, pathetic Italian and nothing else?
Old 11-17-2005, 06:30 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by acid_rain3075
I think anyone that likes or admires (or whatever) Charlotte has probably heard that she can be arrogant, snobbish, stuck up and all that kinda stuff. But if she passed her bac with one of the highest scores, and is now attending university but refuses to pay attention and rarely attends, then why does she bother going in the first place? And what do you mean speaks poor French, even worse English, pathetic Italian and nothing else?
Penon and Reyes said that. I DIDN'T!

David
Old 11-17-2005, 06:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Penon and Reyes said that. I DIDN'T!
Yes, I can see that! But I still don't get it!!!!!!! You should write them back and ask WHAT DO THEY MEAN!! I really sorry for coming off so mean, but I don't see why she would bother going to school if she isn't going to pay attention and not attend! Not to be mean or anything!!! SORRY!!
Old 11-17-2005, 07:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by acid_rain3075
Yes, I can see that! But I still don't get it!!!!!!! You should write them back and ask WHAT DO THEY MEAN!! I really sorry for coming off so mean, but I don't see why she would bother going to school if she isn't going to pay attention and not attend! Not to be mean or anything!!! SORRY!!
I shall email them again, but I believe that I know already what they mean: Penon and Reyes have probably, prejudicially and somewhat snobbishly assumed that Charlotte is going to be just another spoiled brat WITHOUT any evidence to support such a claim. Profs write off students all the time before these students have any fair chance of demonstrating their respective academic potential. In other words, profs are often JERKS for no reason. But I shall email them and ask them for specific examples. That which concerns me is this: Penon and Reyes, being very powerful men, could affect a student by demanding of the student that which no one could possibly attain. And I hope that these guys don't do that with Charlotte or any other student. It's wrong to do so.

David
Old 11-17-2005, 07:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
mathematical colleagues at U. Paris, Profs. Jean Penon and Gonsalo Reyes,
For all that we know Charlotte is not attending University yet, but a preparatory school, so how did she get in such a close contact with two maths university teachers?

I don't want to defend her with my post, I'm not even such a huge fan or hers, but I'm sure a person with her family and social background, even if she hadn't had a formal education, must talk French correctly, plus we know that she got her bac with the highest grade in her school (we also know in the summer she reads authors like Guy de Maupassant, not exactly romance novels...)

As for her English, I've heard Andrea speak and he seems quite fluent, plus we know from Michelle that both Caro and Steph tried to raise their kids as bilingual; maybe her English is not fluent, but I guess it can't be poor...

As for her behaviour we know nothing for sure, so I'm ready to accept what these people say, if they are a reliable source (too many times on the internet I've come across people who claimed to know the Grimaldi's personally and knew less than me who have anly read about them on magazines...David, I'm not refering to you)

Kisses
Old 11-17-2005, 08:21 AM
Courtier

could you enlighten us as to what University these professors are from? thanks.

oh and i think it's impossible for charlotte to be horrible in french. she grew up in the french countryside, not even in monaco, and unless she's deaf or has a serious learning impediment, i think that part is bollocks.

Old 11-17-2005, 08:41 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
For all that we know Charlotte is not attending University yet, but a preparatory school, so how did she get in such a close contact with two maths university teachers?

I don't want to defend her with my post, I'm not even such a huge fan or hers, but I'm sure a person with her family and social background, even if she hadn't had a formal education, must talk French correctly, plus we know that she got her bac with the highest grade in her school (we also know in the summer she reads authors like Guy de Maupassant, not exactly romance novels...)

As for her English, I've heard Andrea speak and he seems quite fluent, plus we know from Michelle that both Caro and Steph tried to raise their kids as bilingual; maybe her English is not fluent, but I guess it can't be poor...

As for her behaviour we know nothing for sure, so I'm ready to accept what these people say, if they are a reliable source (too many times on the internet I've come across people who claimed to know the Grimaldi's personally and knew less than me who have anly read about them on magazines...David, I'm not refering to you)

Kisses
Grace, all of you made a great point! I'm wondering why Penon and Reyes would act like (un-)academic mob hit men with respect to this family or anyone for that matter, especially when a child is still at the prep stage.

These guys did not earn their mathematical reputations by publication; rather, these bozos earned their respective reputation by getting to know "the important people of this world" and then using their social connections to bully their way to the top. It is true that these men know nearly anyone of social status, especially those who would be termed royals, celebrities or stars; that's how they climbed to the top so quickly, which brings me to a question. Was their email to me their own feeble attempt to feed their own attention? Does anyone see anything else that is odd in their remarks?

Milnor told me a long time ago that these guys were more "more anecdotal than prelectoral." (Quote as best I can recall.)

David
Old 11-17-2005, 09:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby
could you enlighten us as to what University these professors are from? thanks.

oh and i think it's impossible for charlotte to be horrible in french. she grew up in the french countryside, not even in monaco, and unless she's deaf or has a serious learning impediment, i think that part is bollocks.
What I think these profs ment is that she speaks a normal every day french, and not a "high academical" french in the same way as themselves may speak..... but in any case I can't accept that she speaks really poor.
And what about the baccalaureat with "très bien? Does it mean that they distribute high notes to non worthy students???
Old 11-17-2005, 10:01 AM
Aristocracy

how could it be possible to have a French baccalauréat if you speak poor French? maybe she got a slight Italian accent that's possible but you can't qualify it as poor I believe. and what about her reading Hume (in French)? you can't really read that kind of books if you don't speak the language fluently...
Okay, maybe she's not as intelligent as we tend to think she is. At my university there are some people who come from preparatory classes and they are not really as bright as they are expected to be...
but anyway even if she's not that intelligent she's at least seriously working for school since we see her reading philosophical books on holidays! and that, I think, is already something we can admire...
Old 11-17-2005, 11:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
What does make you think she speaks with an Italian accent, when she's never lived in an Italian enviromnent?
Old 11-17-2005, 11:35 AM
Heir Apparent

accent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
What does make you think she speaks with an Italian accent, when she's never lived in an Italian enviromnent?
IMO no way she has an italian accent. She is a real french speaker, she has always been living in a french environment. The only foreign accent she could may have is an English one, because of her roots, and because Caro may have spokent to them in english, but that's it.

And I think, even if what these profs was true, they are not allowed to communicate such information. Profs have to give their opinion in the frame of a course/exam, FULL STOP. For every student, his mental-cultural skills remain secret inside the shool-university. Charlotte is not a politician, she is not ruling or managing people, so how she speaks and even if she is fully stupid or a future Nober awarder, this is her own business.
IMO these profs are just jealous and bad.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:26 PM
Aristocracy

I'd really like to know when these Professors spoke with her in French, English and Italian...

About the arrogance: I could well imagine that she's like that, there are too many people around her, who seem to be very arrogant - which is no proof for herself being like that, of course -
Old 11-17-2005, 01:59 PM
Aristocracy

In my opinion, all of this sounds extremely unbelievable. Someone's pulling our leg.