Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 12 : Sept.2005 - Oct.2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
personality and others

"I agree, she's certainly beautiful, but why does she always wear that dull expression? Her Mom had a much stonger personality when she was young."

"I'm with you. she seems to always be pouting. she atleast in the photos I've seen, rarely looks interested in what is going on around her."

There are plenty of photos where one can see Charlotte smiling and laughing, most of these are the Showjumping event pics, the ones with Valentine, and her other friends. I do think, however that Charlotte is a serious and solemn person, don't know why, I just have that impression of her.
I don't know who has a stronger personality between Caroline or Charlotte but I do think that it is premature to compare them at this stage. Caroline was raised as a princess, early on she got used to the media and all they insinuate and publish about her--whether they may be rumors or truths because it was part of her life as the daughter of a reigning prince, and then at a young age she had to deal with a philandering older husband, the death of a superstar mother, the death of a husband, and raising three young kids on her own (later on in her life). She certainly a very strong woman and circumstances gave her a chance to show the world what she's made of.
Charlotte, on the other hand, was probably raised in an environment as "normal" as possible, or at least her mother tried to. Her mother also tried to shield her from the prying eyes of the public and she's had had the attention of a parent who isn't also running a country. Probably, as far as she's concerned, the media and the public don't have any right at all to intrude on her personal life and this could be a very very good reason why she doesn't look happy when she knows there are paparazzi taking pictures of her and her boyfriend, or of her taking a stroll through the streets of Paris. But she's on the spotlight whether she likes it or not and people are going to speculate all sorts of things about her however, she is young yet and we have yet to see what sort of character she has (or if she has anything at all), but i think the fact that there isn't one single paris hilton moment that we can hear from her and that instead she's doing good in school says a lot about the kind of character she possess, especially in this day and age where heiresses gone wild headlines are everywhere.

ps-i used to think that the way she often narrows her eyes gives her a sour expression but i'm almost certain it's because of her eyesight problems...near-sightedness, which is common among people her age, make a person do that. and i think the reason why she seems like she's pouting is because she has very pouty lips (first-hand experience here,people always tell me i looked pis*ed even when i'm not, but it's really bec. of the shape of my lips :D :D :D)

Moby made excellent points. I could not agree with everything she said more. I also have this to add: Charlotte's supposed lack of "strong personality" vs. Caroline's "strong personality" may also have to do with the fact that Charlotte has led a safer life than Caroline. Caroline, being always in the royal spotlight, was an obvious royal target. Charlotte, however, has grown up in a comfortable and cozy seclusion. When I say seclusion here, I mean that it was a secluded upbringing compared to Caroline's fishbowl one. Little Charlotte was able to go to her wealthy suburban school without the press watching. The only time the press "caught" her was at equestrian events and the sort of public events arranged by the Grimaldi family to expose some charity or some opening or some other such official function. Or if she ventured beyond her cozy net to some exposed public place (a beach, Paris, a ski resort) the paparazzi caught her there. But otherwise, Charlotte grew up like any other wealthy kid: privately, sheltered, safe, and cozy, and surrounded by bundles of loving relatives and friends. Charlotte's had a good life. People with good lives often don't have the chance to show their mettle the same way people who struggle do. I'm sure Charlotte is tough and has lots of personality, but when has she been able to show that? She hasn't been tested yet. She hasn't had to defend herself or overcome some life-altering obstacle, except her dad's death, but she was so young when that happened and she's had so much time since then to heal, and so much love from her family to help her. you might also site her grandfather's death, but her grandfather died of natural causes at a ripe old age. So his death was really a natural process rather the tragedy that young Stefano's death was. Rainier had a full life.
So yes, we have not seen the extent of Charlotte Casiraghi's personality by any means!

P.S. Gabrielle, thank you for chucking the abortion debate posts. Whew! That's a dangerous topic for this forum, especially for me! I have such strong opinions about it that things might have gotten rather ugly!
;)

I think it takes a really tough woman to get excellent results in the bac. It takes strength of character, motivation and self control... Besides, it's also important to be able to keep her cool in equestrian competitions.

Last edited by a moderator:
moby said:
"I agree, she's certainly beautiful, but why does she always wear that dull expression?

Well, these days we often see her alone, walking the Parisian streets. I don't know how things are where you come from, but at least in the city where I live people are not exactly sunny when hurrying on the crowded streets during the morning and afternoon rush hours. ;)

I think it would be interesting to see her having fun with her friends again, like that time when she was partying with Val, Delphine and the others and got thrown in the swimming pool! Too bad there weren't very many photos from that Viproom disco in January...

miau

moby said:
"

ps-i used to think that the way she often narrows her eyes gives her a sour expression but i'm almost certain it's because of her eyesight problems...near-sightedness, which is common among people her age, make a person do that.
:D :D :D you're right. didn't wear my glasses over years, it sounds strange but when you make your eyes like that, to see something, you automatically open your mouth (at least I do so:D )

about the lips: you're right, just like at angelina jolie, she looks like she's always pouting

And finally, you look the way you look, I'm often told I look bored or arrogant, but I don't want to and I am not bored, that's just my face, can't change it.

Please, I still belive that she´s not pregnant....we´ve saw recent pics of her, and, nothing different! And, if she is pregnant, it´s ridiculos hidding her belly and forbidden her of not letting her out! It´s a crying shame if Caroline is doing that! If thats true, it proves that she is a bitch and cruel woman that a lot of people say! Hidding a pregnancy becomes hard after the 6 months....and, when the baby is born????
im sorry, but this is very rude, you dont even know if princess Caroline is really doing that,and call her "bitch" is very very ridicules and rude, I think the members of this forum need a little bit more of respect in their minds

miau said:
I think it takes a really tough woman to get excellent results in the bac. It takes strength of character, motivation and self control... Besides, it's also important to be able to keep her cool in equestrian competitions.

C'est vrai. Ooops, only English, sorry. This is very true, Miau! I too often forget how difficult the bac is compared to US school exams. There really is no comparison. I studied French culture and language for many years and gathered that the bac system is one of the most rigorous academic systems in the entire world. So Charlotte's "tres bien" is no small feat. Good point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Strong????? Why???

Hi

VERY VERY VERY well said.
Additionnally I think that Charlotte is not obliged to prove anything to people. I mean, her life as good for her, she is happy, of course with all the every day problems, but she is not a public person. She has not a JOB to accomplish for the world, so I she should show to be STRONG???
She is OK for the life she choose, that's enough.
What a 19 years old gilrl has to accomplish??? Be good at school, as normal as possible in her behavior and having a loving family and friends. Charlotte has obtained her bac with "très bien", she is now in Paris in "Hypokagne" which is well know to be a very difficult and "elite" course, she become a very good horse rider and she managed to have a boyfriend who seems to be nice and acceptable (look at Stephanie's choices....) At her age Caroline was in love with Junot, being not a dream for every mother.....
Charlotte does not seem to be neither alcoholic, nor drugged, she IS NORMAL, and this in my opinion it is a proof of strong personality.
In this kind of upper class cercles, is easy to loose yourself and to fall very deep down, but Charlotte is healty and nice, what else would it be better for a 19 years old girl???? What would we expect from her???? Climb the Imalaia??? Or go to the moon???
That's my opinion

CasiraghiTrio said:
Moby made excellent points. I could not agree with everything she said more. I also have this to add: Charlotte's supposed lack of "strong personality" vs. Caroline's "strong personality" may also have to do with the fact that Charlotte has led a safer life than Caroline. Caroline, being always in the royal spotlight, was an obvious royal target. Charlotte, however, has grown up in a comfortable and cozy seclusion. When I say seclusion here, I mean that it was a secluded upbringing compared to Caroline's fishbowl one. Little Charlotte was able to go to her wealthy suburban school without the press watching. The only time the press "caught" her was at equestrian events and the sort of public events arranged by the Grimaldi family to expose some charity or some opening or some other such official function. Or if she ventured beyond her cozy net to some exposed public place (a beach, Paris, a ski resort) the paparazzi caught her there. But otherwise, Charlotte grew up like any other wealthy kid: privately, sheltered, safe, and cozy, and surrounded by bundles of loving relatives and friends. Charlotte's had a good life. People with good lives often don't have the chance to show their mettle the same way people who struggle do. I'm sure Charlotte is tough and has lots of personality, but when has she been able to show that? She hasn't been tested yet. She hasn't had to defend herself or overcome some life-altering obstacle, except her dad's death, but she was so young when that happened and she's had so much time since then to heal, and so much love from her family to help her. you might also site her grandfather's death, but her grandfather died of natural causes at a ripe old age. So his death was really a natural process rather the tragedy that young Stefano's death was. Rainier had a full life.
So yes, we have not seen the extent of Charlotte Casiraghi's personality by any means!

P.S. Gabrielle, thank you for chucking the abortion debate posts. Whew! That's a dangerous topic for this forum, especially for me! I have such strong opinions about it that things might have gotten rather ugly!
;)

CasiraghiTrio said:
I'm sure Charlotte is tough and has lots of personality, but when has she been able to show that? She hasn't been tested yet. She hasn't had to defend herself or overcome some life-altering obstacle, except her dad's death, but she was so young when that happened and she's had so much time since then to heal, and so much love from her family to help her.

I agree with most things you say but you have the wrong view on this point. My own dad died when I was very young (six) and that's just not something you can overcome with time! Sure, I'm used to it and my mother has been incredibly strong and loving so I grew up OK.
But it inevitably leaves scars that won't completely heal. So yes it's a big deal and it always will, I can tell you! I have to say this life experience has made me a strong person who maybe thinks a bit more about life and death, in the sence that life is very fragile and one must be very carefull with ones own health.
Because of my similar life experience with Charlotte, I recognise some things about her in myself, which is very funny.

I didn't intend to criticize her, after all nobody can change anybody's nature, thankfully! I was just making a comment on how her mother was more spontaneous and was able to convey her joy of living. In this Pierre is the only one to be more similar to Caro than his siblings.

She doesn't have to prove anything.

marina18 said:
I agree with most things you say but you have the wrong view on this point. My own dad died when I was very young (six) and that's just not something you can overcome with time! Sure, I'm used to it and my mother has been incredibly strong and loving so I grew up OK.
But it inevitably leaves scars that won't completely heal. So yes it's a big deal and it always will, I can tell you! I have to say this life experience has made me a strong person who maybe thinks a bit more about life and death, in the sence that life is very fragile and one must be very carefull with ones own health.
Because of my similar life experience with Charlotte, I recognise some things about her in myself, which is very funny.

My father died when I was three, so I'm aware of the deep impact. I didn't mean to trivialize Stefano's death at all. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Im wondering, if charlotte is really pregnant... The name of the baby :p

Time for a new thread. Thanks to all who have contributed.

You can find the new thread here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom