Charlotte Casiraghi and Family Current Events Part 43: August 2018 - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it required that you name your child with a name from your family tree?

In Royal and aristocratic families that's usually how it's done...Albert and Caroline stuck with Grimaldi names...and even Stephanie gave her first born son the name "Louis".

Andrea was named after a friend of his late father but his middle name is the Grimaldi "Albert"...both his sons have Grimaldi names as do Pierre's.

Charlotte Pomeline is from the family tree and her eldest son Raphael too...Princess Alexandra has a Royal Hanover name.

As for little Balthazar...if that is his name- Voici Paris is reporting that he weighed 7 lbs 2 ounces and was delivered by Caesarean section.

But no other media outlet is confirming a Caesarean delivery and frankly I don't believe it.

Last edited:
Lovely news. I had a hunch it would be a boy. And Caroline gets three grandsons in six months!

Interesting news about a possible c-section. I don't recall if Raphael was one. If he was then they probably don't have a large brood in their future.

:previous: No...reports are that he was born in the Principality.

Wish to happy parents and siblings of the new born plenty of happiness and health.
As for the name Balthazar it is a Bible name, one of the 3 wisdom men who wisited the new born Christ. It sounds old and personally I don't like

Congratulations to the happy parents!! And to entire families!!

In Royal and aristocratic families that's usually how it's done...Albert and Caroline stuck with Grimaldi names...and even Stephanie gave her first born son the name "Louis".

Andrea was named after a friend of his late father but his middle name is the Grimaldi "Albert"...both his sons have Grimaldi names as do Pierre's.

Charlotte Pomeline is from the family tree and her eldest son Raphael too...Princess Alexandra has a Royal Hanover name.

As for little Balthazar...if that is his name- Voici Paris is reporting that he weighed 7 lbs 2 ounces and was delivered by Caesarean section.

But no other media outlet is confirming a Caesarean delivery and frankly I don't believe it.

I hadn’t heard of a previous Gabriella or Raphael in the Grimaldi family tree. Who were they?

Happy news for Charlotte and co!

If true; congratulations to the family! It would be nice if the baby's name was Balthazar, it's a lovely underused name that goes well with Raphael.

Ooohhh… I love, love Balthazar. I doubt they'd use it, but that would be so lovely.

What's bad in being born via C-section? Sometimes it's necessary to save mother's or baby's life (or both); if an obsterician stated that it was necessary he/she did it.

If it has passed two years since Caesarean, next child could be born naturally (Queen Mathilde of Belgium had Elisabeth via the operation - because she was wrapped by the umbilical cord - and subsequent children naturally).

As for Biblical Magi - the Gospel does not mention even their number, let alone names.

Lovely, so we are fixed. I notice that for Charlotte it is always the granny's who announce. It might me because she is not married
No mention of the name though

Actually, no. All birth announcements of Pcs Caroline's grandchildren are announced with the other grandmother. I guess it started that way because both Andrea & Tatiana don't have their fathers anymore. But with Raphael & Pierre's kids, only the mothers of Gad & Beatrice were mentioned.

What's bad in being born via C-section? Sometimes it's necessary to save mother's or baby's life (or both); if an obsterician stated that it was necessary he/she did it.

If it has passed two years since Caesarean, next child could be born naturally (Queen Mathilde of Belgium had Elisabeth via the operation - because she was wrapped by the umbilical cord - and subsequent children naturally).

As for Biblical Magi - the Gospel does not mention even their number, let alone names.

Another board reports that the infant weighed 4.5 kilos at birth...over 9 lbs...so if true a C-section makes perfect sense for Charlotte, who has rather narrow hips.:eek:

I like your pointing out that Balthazar is a biblical name..and since Dimitri is half Lebanese that could be why it was chosen too.

One of the Gettys...a grandson of Liz Taylor...is named Balthazar.

Last edited:
Balthazar is not a name used by Lebanese. I have some familial knowledge of this.

:previous: What I meant to imply that Balthazar is believed to be the name of one of the Magi who came from the East...and Lebanon could be considered as part of that region of the world. So it made sense to me in that context because Dimitri is of paternal Middle Eastern descent.

I think it's lovely that both of Charlotte's sons have names that are associated with the Incarnation and the Nativity of Jesus.?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balthazar_(given_name)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriel

Last edited:
I hadn’t heard of a previous Gabriella or Raphael in the Grimaldi family tree. Who were they?

Happy news for Charlotte and co!

Hi cdm-sorry for the delay just noticed your inquiry...Gabrielle de Polignac was a favorite of Marie Antoinette, and the Polignac linked their ancestry with the Grimaldi through marriage in a later century. For reasons I don't know, Albert and Charlene decided to use the Italian "Gabriella" instead of the French Gabrielle-which I prefer.:sad:

"Raphael" was one of the names of Prince Pierre de Polignac (1894-1964), the father of Prince Rainier III.

https://gw.geneanet.org/soudet2?lang=en&n=de+polignac&oc=0&p=pierre

Congratulations to Charlotte and Dimitri!
Balthazar has previously been used as a royal name. Balthasar Charles was the son of King Philip IV of Spain and his spouse Elisabeth of France.

I hope that is not the name, how difficult to use in a practical way.

Actually, no. All birth announcements of Pcs Caroline's grandchildren are announced with the other grandmother. I guess it started that way because both Andrea & Tatiana don't have their fathers anymore. But with Raphael & Pierre's kids, only the mothers of Gad & Beatrice were mentioned.

I like it, all very matriarchal for a change.

I hope the name is Balthasar. Strong name, and Balthasar Casiraghi Rassam sounds rich lol.

Baldassarre Casiraghi sounds awful, instead! :eek:

Baldassarre Casiraghi sounds awful, instead! :eek:

Ciao Tosca, come stai ? ;)
Anyway Balthazar is kind of an unexpected choice for me. I thought something more in the range of Richard, or Thomas.

I like it, all very matriarchal for a change.

I hope the name is Balthasar. Strong name, and Balthasar Casiraghi Rassam sounds rich lol.

As for the richness i don't know, but the name sounds rather classic and regal to me... i don't dislike it... :flowers:

I think Charlotte would really like a girl now - if they want a second child together.

Congratulations to both of them! I bet he will be a handsome boy!

I think Charlotte would really like a girl now - if they want a second child together.

Congratulations to both of them! I bet he will be a handsome boy!
She is a stepmother to a young girl, so she's not completely surrounded by testosterone. :flowers:

I don't hate Balthazar. It's unique, but Balthazar Casiraghi-Rassam has quite the ring to it. It also flows nicely with the (step)siblings: Daria, Raphael and Balthazar.

She is a stepmother to a young girl, so she's not completely surrounded by testosterone. :flowers:

I don't hate Balthazar. It's unique, but Balthazar Casiraghi-Rassam has quite the ring to it. It also flows nicely with the (step)siblings: Daria, Raphael and Balthazar.

Half siblings-the new baby is a half sibling to Raphael and Dmitri’s daughter. The baby’s half siblings are step brother and step sister to each other as they share no parents.

I fear for young Batthazar who will have the press since his birth. I hope Dimitri will agree wih that.

Last edited:
Half siblings-the new baby is a half sibling to Raphael and Dmitri’s daughter. The baby’s half siblings are step brother and step sister to each other as they share no parents.
Oops you're right. I stand corrected.

What do you think of Xavier as a name for the new baby? Xavier was a middle name of Prince Pierre, the father of Prince Rainier III?

I absolutely LOVE the name Xavier..I would have preferred it as a first name other than Balthasar, even though I don't dislike the name Balthasar.

But I am not sure that Charlotte gave Raphael a middle name-can anyone confirm? So I don't believe the new baby will have one either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom