Charlotte Casiraghi and Family Current Events Part 43: August 2018 - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, God. I've just seen a news piece about the Met gala on TV and it's amazing how bland and insipid she is. She looks bored and lost and has a lifeless presence.

She even had to be instructed to stop fot the photos when she was going up the stairs without doing it.

It's just me or she is becoming more and more flavourless with time?

News:
A picture from mid April in a Rwanda event with author and director of the book and movie she is producing:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxFqQl9nNhW/?igshid=zn15hdr6g88e

A short video for the philosophy for children event starting tomorrow in Monaco:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxJwjZZon0l/?igshid=96w5ixjf9uev

I cringe at the thought of SL making her wedding dress. Every dress I've seen from them is black.

I cringe at the thought of SL making her wedding dress. Every dress I've seen from them is black.

I have a hunch that "prize" is going to Gianbattista Valli....who, to be honest, also has the power to induce cringes. :ermm:

Spare me. His designs are either spectacular or horrendous. I think hoping for a Valentino is far off, and with Karl Lagerfeld deceased, I doubt it. But maybe, who knows? YSL and Gucci don't really do wedding dresses.

I think it's attendance at events such as this that definitely has always made me see the Monegasques as more "celebrities" rather than royals (though I wonder if Charlotte goes to the Met as a representative of her modelling career rather than through her princely connections). It was still nice to see her there and I do like what she was wearing. Very tame in comparison to some of the horrors we saw on many of the celebrities there! :eek:

I think it's attendance at events such as this that definitely has always made me see the Monegasques as more "celebrities" rather than royals (though I wonder if Charlotte goes to the Met as a representative of her modelling career rather than through her princely connections). It was still nice to see her there and I do like what she was wearing. Very tame in comparison to some of the horrors we saw on many of the celebrities there! :eek:
I think she goes in her capacity as YSL "muse".

The only Royal/Princely members of the Monaco House are Albert , his wife and twins, and his sisters. With the exception of Princess Alexandra..none of the other kids are Royal. They do not even pretend or seem to want to be.

They are hugely privileged aristocratic jet setters free to do almost whatever they please. Why on earth would they want to be Royal?

The line between celebrity and Royal seems to have become blurred in every one of the European Royal houses with maybe 2-3 exceptions in the conservative lesser known Houses. The old style of being Royal will probably die completely with Elizabeth II.:sad:

Last edited:
The only Royal/Princely members of the Monaco House are Albert , his wife and twins, and his sisters. With the exception of Princess Alexandra..none of the other kids are Royal. They do not even pretend or seem to want to be.

They are hugely privileged aristocratic jet setters free to do almost whatever they please. Why on earth would they want to be Royal?

That's true but they are still connected to the princely house in name and that's what I was more referring to. So, even if they've never lead the lifestyle, people will still associate them with their princely relatives (unless they have independent careers like Charlotte). You don't really see it much with other European RFs, so that's what I was getting at.

I like Charlotte who’s graceful and looks smart.
however I am revolted against its way of life in contradiction with the ecological emergency. Back and forth by plane, even to go skiing. It’s sad to see and I hope Qule will soon become aware of his responsibility as a spoiled child.

The line between celebrity and Royal seems to have become blurred in every one of the European Royal houses with maybe 2-3 exceptions in the conservative lesser known Houses. The old style of being Royal will probably die completely with Elizabeth II.:sad:

That's true but they are still connected to the princely house in name and that's what I was more referring to. So, even if they've never lead the lifestyle, people will still associate them with their princely relatives (unless they have independent careers like Charlotte). You don't really see it much with other European RFs, so that's what I was getting at.

Interestingly, though she does not hold the titular dignity of Princess of Monaco, Charlotte Casiraghi is a member of the princely house as defined by the Grimaldi house law, being related to the sovereign in three degrees of consanguinity and not (yet) having married without his written approval. :flowers:

I like Charlotte who’s graceful and looks smart.
however I am revolted against its way of life in contradiction with the ecological emergency. Back and forth by plane, even to go skiing. It’s sad to see and I hope Qule will soon become aware of his responsibility as a spoiled child.
Who is Qule? What responsibilities as a spoiled child?

Charlotte was present and spoke during the opening of the "Les Jeunes philosophent" (The young philosophers) in Monaco on May 8:

Interestingly, though she does not hold the titular dignity of Princess of Monaco, Charlotte Casiraghi is a member of the princely house as defined by the Grimaldi house law, being related to the sovereign in three degrees of consanguinity and not (yet) having married without his written approval. :flowers:

Interesting - I never knew that. You learn something new every day! I always presumed Charlotte had a similar status to Princess Anne's children here in the UK i.e. close relative of the royals but not actually royal themselves.

I don't believe I have ever seen a photo of Charlotte anywhere near her cousins Pauline and Camille. ..a little sad since they are her only female maternal cousins.:sad:

I don't believe I have ever seen a photo of Charlotte anywhere near her cousins Pauline and Camille. ..a little sad since they are her only female maternal cousins.:sad:
You’re forgetting Jazmin & Gabriella. But yes I was thinking the other day how she isn’t close with them, which is interesting because Andrea & Pierre have hung out with Louis

You’re forgetting Jazmin & Gabriella. But yes I was thinking the other day how she isn’t close with them, which is interesting because Andrea & Pierre have hung out with Louis
I always had the same though. Maybe because there is 7 years gap between Charlotte and Pauline. For young kids and teens this is a huge gap. It can be filled in a later stage when both are adults. Pauline is still exploring life, although Charlotte has already a family. Their only commun point is the fashion, but might notre be enough to bound them. For Camille I'm even not considering, as she is mush younger. And Jasmine lives far away. The only person of the Monaco family Jasmine seems to have a contact out of her father, is curiously Charlene. Noone else.

Pauline is a very beautiful young woman!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxCQnGOnzDJ/

the last photo of Raphael published by Gad a few days ago

All photos of raphael published by Gad on his Instagram account never show his face.. I wonder if that’s a request from Charlotte since she tries to be as private as she can or if that’s something Gad does on his own regardless of any directions from Charlotte... that’s just a guess but I don’t think Gad would mind showing more of his son, Charlotte on the other hand doesn’t strike me as someone who’d be happy with that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom