Charlotte Casiraghi and Family Current Events Part 41: January 2017 - December 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Not me, sorry tatianacressida!

I didn't know a thing about Gad Elmaleh before he became involved with Charlotte but I knew instinctively that it(the relationship) would not go the distance. I could not think of one thing the two of them had in common and the sixteen year age gap seemed to hang over them like a sword.

I have since become a huge fan of his...he is funny, extremely charming, hard working and down to earth. I completely understand why Charlotte was drawn to such a man. But as a life partner? Not so much.

Charlotte Casiraghi and Dimitri Rassam seem so completely right for one another. Same intellectual and artistic interests, same elite education and privileged upbringing, both raised by glamorous, strong, single mothers, both have reserved temperaments, both have a common bond of early childhood sadness caused by the traumatic loss of their fathers, and they are from the same age group/generation. I don't know Charlotte obviously and I am not privy to the details of the reasons for her rupture with Gad, but I do suspect it was at least partly because because Charlotte is so high maintenance. I don't mean that in a material, greedy way at all. But she seems to require a lot of "togetherness" in her relationships and a lot of emotional nurturing. Gad comes from a background where he had to work hard for everything he had. I think he loved Charlotte but he was not willing to put in the kind of time and effort that she requires to feel secure in a relationship. He is reportedly fixated on pursuing his dream of conquering America and becoming a big star in standup comedy in the US.

The reverse seems true of Dimitri, who is evidently willing and able to be the sort of Prince Consort that Charlotte wants. .Since the relationship became public last spring they have never been apart, in fact there was a report in the European press that they actually coordinate their schedules to minimize separations. He adores her little boy. He seems besotted with Charlotte. He is handsome. He is already a successful and wealthy man in his own right.

How could Charlotte have resisted such a guy after all she's been through romantically? She'd be crazy to even try!

I agree with Biri. Unless Dimitri has really pulled the wool over our eyes, he's The One!

Last edited:
:previous: Yes, I hear you! And I agree with everything you said about both Dimitri and Gad. All of that seems very logical. I only meant that I'm sad she's not in love with Gad because he's Raphael's father, and i know children always prefer their parents to be together, living together in the same house....It's not so much about Gad and Charlotte, as I just wish it so for Raphael.
that's not to say that Dimitri does not love Raphael, and vice versa, because I believe that they are mutually crazy for each other. I had no trouble believing that Dimitri is every bit a dad to Raphael as it's appropriate to be without "replacing" Gad. It's just, well you know, it's very hard for kids to understand big-people emotions. For a kid, it's like, Mommy and Daddy love each other, then they should be living together, sleeping together down the hall from me, ready to come and chase the monsters out from the closet when necessary! :lol:

In short, I can't help it. I'm not trying to be all moral, but imo it's unfortunate when people have children with someone they are not sure they will stay with. I think the decision to have a child is taken too lightly by most people (so I'm not picking on Charlotte!) I have not had children because I never felt that I was with 'the one' I would stay with. I would not have a child with a man unless I knew for sure I would stay with him. That's just my thing. It's not about religion (because I'm not religious). It's just about my own ideas of what's right and sensible.

Now I got that off my chest, please, let me stress again, that I'm not judging Charlotte, and I would NEVER impose my own ideas of what's right and good upon another. I think Charlotte is fantastic. That little boy is precious. I want her to be happy and I'm so happy for her and Dimitri.

I didn't know a thing about Gad Elmaleh before he became involved with Charlotte but I knew instinctively that it(the relationship) would not go the distance. I could not think of one thing the two of them had in common and the sixteen year age gap seemed to hang over them like a sword.

I have since become a huge fan of his...he is funny, extremely charming, hard working and down to earth. I completely understand why Charlotte was drawn to such a man. But as a life partner? Not so much.

Charlotte Casiraghi and Dimitri Rassam seem so completely right for one another. Same intellectual and artistic interests, same elite education and privileged upbringing, both raised by glamorous, strong, single mothers, both have reserved temperaments, both have a common bond of early childhood sadness caused by the traumatic loss of their fathers, and they are from the same age group/generation. I don't know Charlotte obviously and I am not privy to the details of the reasons for her rupture with Gad, but I do suspect it was at least partly because because Charlotte is so high maintenance. I don't mean that in a material, greedy way at all. But she seems to require a lot of "togetherness" in her relationships and a lot of emotional nurturing. Gad comes from a background where he had to work hard for everything he had. I think he loved Charlotte but he was not willing to put in the kind of time and effort that she requires to feel secure in a relationship. He is reportedly fixated on pursuing his dream of conquering America and becoming a big star in standup comedy in the US.

The reverse seems true of Dimitri, who is evidently willing and able to be the sort of Prince Consort that Charlotte wants. .Since the relationship became public last spring they have never been apart, in fact there was a report in the European press that they actually coordinate their schedules to minimize separations. He adores her little boy. He seems besotted with Charlotte. He is handsome. He is already a successful and wealthy man in his own right.

How could Charlotte have resisted such a guy after all she's been through romantically? She'd be crazy to even try!

I agree with Biri. Unless Dimitri has really pulled the wool over our eyes, he's The One!
I kinda agree with you, even though I prefer to stay away from such observations considering we don't know them personally.

What I will say is that they look content. They just seem to mesh well, kind of like a puzzle in a way that just wasn't the case with Gad, Alex and that Italian guy I cannot be bothered to remember. I'm not going to count Felix. He was her teenage boyfriend.

And you are wise..... I should not have said anything. It is what it is.

Oh well, I liked her with Alex - I thought they seemed settled and happy. Their split certainly took everyone by surprise. They had plenty in common - same social circles and arty interests and he certainly wasn't a big seeker of the limelight. A lot of people weren't keen (just like they weren't keen on Gad) for the simple reason they didn't think he was attractive enough... (not specifically referring to posters here).

Hope it works with Dimitri - they certainly seem in sync.

Last edited:

Ad usual I agree with you dear friend.

Oh well, I liked her with Alex - I thought they seemed settled and happy. Their split certainly took everyone by surprise. They had plenty in common - same social circles and arty interests and he certainly wasn't a big seeker of the limelight. A lot of people weren't keen (just like they weren't keen on Gad) for the simple reason they didn't think he was attractive enough... (not specifically referring to posters here).

Hope it works with Dimitri - they certainly seem in sync.

She certainly has a fine taste, Charlotte. I have been impressed with all of her relationships, really. Though.... Alex is probably my least favorite. Art gallerista, trust fund baby, had his father buy a gallery for him, then ran into the ground. It's closed for years now. But Alex doesn't care because he has cushy City job now. Charlotte has a curious, seeking mind. I'm sure she'd have gotten bored with Alex as time went by. But one thing positive I will say for Alex, he seemed to bring Charlotte out of her shell, gave her confidence, and all that. After toiling in academia, I think it was good for Charlotte to party with Alex for a few years!

She certainly has a fine taste, Charlotte. I have been impressed with all of her relationships, really. Though.... Alex is probably my least favorite. Art gallerista, trust fund baby, had his father buy a gallery for him, then ran into the ground. It's closed for years now. But Alex doesn't care because he has cushy City job now. Charlotte has a curious, seeking mind. I'm sure she'd have gotten bored with Alex as time went by. But one thing positive I will say for Alex, he seemed to bring Charlotte out of her shell, gave her confidence, and all that. After toiling in academia, I think it was good for Charlotte to party with Alex for a few years!
I'm not sure it's fair to say the gallery was run into the ground - he changed direction both personally and professionally. He's now helping run the family business.

He may be a trust fund baby but so is Charlotte, and Dimitri's connections won't have harmed him making his way in his chosen area.

Interesting you find Charlotte curious and seeking - I often find her to be quite the opposite. I know she loves philosophy and has set up a very laudable project involving this, but actually I think she is quite happy to stay within her very select social circle and is not interested in much beyond that - which is fine.

Interesting you find Charlotte curious and seeking - I often find her to be quite the opposite. I know she loves philosophy and has set up a very laudable project involving this, but actually I think she is quite happy to stay within her very select social circle and is not interested in much beyond that - which is fine.

Curious and seeking intellect, without social risk. She'll stay in her ivory tower, for sure. Her curiosity is in theoretical realm. Many people might see that as a problem, I don't so much, because I'm very similar to her in that regard. We're very sheltered and have a fear of people outside a certain comfort zone, because in general any experience outside of that comfort zone has been negative.

He was my least favorite as well. The fact that I found him physically unattractive was a small matter I could have overlooked it if I'd felt he had charm. Instead he gave off a jaded, arrogant, louche vibe that really turned me off. Charlotte seemed to take on his "aura" and seemed to have a permanent smirk on her face whenever she was photographed during that London high life period they were together. And yes, I agree that she got bored with him otherwise how could she have been so thoroughly swept off her feet by Gad Elmaleh at the end of 2011?

Alex and his father Guy were involved in some sort of shady financial situation
last year. They were compelled to testify about it before the House of Commons. The very unfortunate bottom line is that hundreds of working people ended up losing their pensions due to the malfeasance of others.

ttps://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jun/28/philip-green-pressure-to-sell-bhs-topshop-us-backer-mps-told

http://www.businessinsider.com/bhs-...ce-on-financing-for-dominic-chappell-takeover

On the other hand, Alex rebounded nicely from Charlotte with a young woman named Elisa Sednaoui. Like Charlotte, Elisa is strikingly gorgeous and very bright. Unlike Charlotte she conveys warmth, passion and depth without sounding pretentious, and she is engaged in social causes that directly attempt to improve the lives of others in a practical way. I checked her out on youtube and she is a very impressive girl. Alex has something on the ball to be able to attract someone like that.

Anyway, it all worked out well for both of them I think.

Last edited:
To be honest, I think Charlotte will end up like her mother Princess Caroline, as she is her twin in all ways, including love. ;) jmho.

As for men, yes, Alex was my least favorite as well. However, he was Charlotte's favorite, judging by the length of time together. She's really only been with a handful of men that I recall ~ young 1st love, then Alex, Gad, Italian nobleman, and Dmitri. Same as her mother ~ older French playboy whom she married, actress"s son?, Italian business man & father of her children, some French actor?, Hanover Prince. Hmmm, Charlotte's only 31, her mother didn't marry the last one until she was 41, still 10 more years to go... :D Yes, I'm cynical, but also I do believe she'll end up like her mother, in all ways.

In the meantime, I do enjoy following my favorite royal/princely family, through all their ups & down, triumphants & tragedies. I wish them all much luck, as it's not easy, even for us commoners. :)

At the age of 31 Caroline was already a mother of three and happily married; I am sure she and Stefano would still be together if Stefano were alive.
I don't wish Charlotte to experience such a tragedy as her mother had to endure.

Last edited:
An Italian publication a few weeks ago(Diva e Donna? OGGI) predicted that Dimitri Rassam will become Charlotte's Stefano.

If it's true, I sure hope Charlotte is destined for more than only 7 years of happiness.

What a sad, troubling thought.:sad:

Yes, it really is. Stefano was Caroline's greatest love but I truly hope that that aspect of her mother's life is something Charlotte (and Dimitri) will avoid.

Oh that Gucci dress is terrible. I only like the make-up and hairstyle. And I wish she had a good back posture.

Foxy Charlotte??! ? (Or maybe she means a different kind of pun: perhaps she's the wily fox, the Cunning, Il Malizia!)

An Italian publication a few weeks ago(Diva e Donna? OGGI) predicted that Dimitri Rassam will become Charlotte's Stefano.

If it's true, I sure hope Charlotte is destined for more than only 7 years of happiness.

What a sad, troubling thought.:sad:

Oh no, I doubt they have a tragedy like that in their future. Stefano was awesome, but what happened to him was really because of the way he lived: very dangerously, taking risks. I think it was just who he was. He wasn't happy playing it safe. But Dimitri seems different...... If any couple in that family seems like Caro and Steph, it feels more like Pierre and Beatrice, not the very quiet, almost boring to a fault :lol: Charlotte & Dimitri....

:previous: Good point. Dimitri seems very cerebral and artistic. I can't see him into high risk behavior at all. He told Madame Figaro magazine that in contrast with his tragic father Jean-Pierre, he(Dimitri) was simply "not into excess at all" and never even tasted coffee until he was 26 years old.:eek:

Also... even though he is quite a handsome guy, he does not have the type of physique that one associates with a sporty, physically active lifestyle.

Anyway I don't believe the comparison was meant to imply that Dimitri would die young like poor Stefano due to an active risk taking lifestyle...only that he would come to be known as Charlotte's true love, like Stefano was for her mother.

Last edited:
Why was his father tragic?

:previous: Jean-Pierre Rassam was a brilliant and renowned cinematographer who lived a life of extreme excess and erratic behavior(to put it mildly) and died of an overdose of barbiturates at the age of only 43. Dimitri had just turned three at the time.

Rassam Sr was living at Paris's exclusive Hotel Athenee and became notorious for wild, bizarre behavior...his rooms overlooked an indoor courtyard with a dining area and one day he just started throwing women's undergarments down onto the heads of the diners. (Carole Bouquet had taken Dimitri with her to live elsewhere)

There is speculation by Jean-Pierre's biographer Mathias Rubin(Rassam the Magnificent) that he suffered from undiagnosed bi-polar illness and from what I have read of him I tend to agree. There is also the theory that he did not intend to commit suicide, and that the drug overdose that killed him was accidental.

BTW...Jean Pierre's beautiful sister Anne-Marie jumped out of an apartment window in Paris and killed herself in the 90's, as did her son Julien(Dimitri's cousin) a few years later.:sad:

Last edited:
:previous: Good point. Dimitri seems very cerebral and artistic. I can't see him into high risk behavior at all. He told Madame Figaro magazine that in contrast with his tragic father Jean-Pierre, he(Dimitri) was simply "not into excess at all" and never even tasted coffee until he was 26 years old.:eek:

Also... even though he is quite a handsome guy, he does not have the type of physique that one associates with a sporty, physically active lifestyle.

Anyway I don't believe the comparison was meant to imply that Dimitri would die young like poor Stefano due to an active risk taking lifestyle...only that he would come to be known as Charlotte's true love, like Stefano was for her mother.

The idea of him as her true love is the way I personally took the analogy as well. I merely mentioned the dangerous lifestyle it seemed that there was another interpretation (not sure, but i think there was something implied in a prior post, and unfortunately I'm not in a position to go reread it at the moment.)
The more I learn about Dimitry from you the more I really like him for Charlotte. His tragic family experiences seem to have made him a very cautious person, like her, and a very thinking person, also like her, so...... I don't know. It's nice to see her with a soulmate, someone to have deep thoughts and talks with. :big grin:
I had a weird insight today about Caroline and Vincent Lindon of all people. The obvious comparison as relates to Charlotte is Gad, but I propose as an alternative, Lamberto. Lamberto became very fond of Raphael, Raphael even very fond of him and being confused about who his father was? :ohmy: I think it must have been so hard for the Casiraghi kids, not only to lose their bio-dad, but then to lose Vincent Lindon after so many years of him basically being their daddy substitute.

:previous: Hi tatianacressida-

Of all Charlotte's partners Lamberto Sanfelice is the one I know least about. I am not sure if it's because he and Charlotte were together for such a brief time or it's because the relationship took place mostly in Italy and away from the eyes of the media.

I only remember seeing one photo of him with Raphael. It was the summer of 2016. Lamberto, Charlotte and Raphael were in Monaco, apparently at the Beach Club. Charlotte and her little boy were in the pool and Lamberto was completely absorbed in his paper.:sad:

In other words there was zero interaction. Not to say that this photo was an accurate depiction of the Raphael/Lamberto bond, but I have nothing to go by to judge how close they became. Quite honestly for Raphael's sake I hope that he did not become as close to Lamberto as he has apparently become with Dimitri Rassam, or as Charlotte was with Vincent Lindon.

The entire Lamberto Sanfelice saga is just a mystery to me.:ermm:

Last edited:
As soon as I saw that Brad attended the same LACMA event where Charlotte was I wondered how long before some imp gossip reporter tried to stir something up.:lol::lol:

Never mind about the 21 year age difference, and the fact that Charlotte's boyfriend was right there with her at LACMA that night.:cool: By the way what was Dimitri doing while Brad and Charlotte were allegedly holding hands all evening..BUSSING TABLES somewhere??

Jared Leto was there as well(dressed like Count Dracula btw). Last spring the tabloids were full of reports of his "complicity" with Charlotte.

Last edited:
:previous: I am a little disappointed in Lainey. I was led to believe that her sources, not to mention her common sense, were usually impeccable.

So how can she say that the source of this story is even "doubtful" instead of straight out 100% garbage when Charlotte and Dimitri were all over the Internet together at this event, not to mention on the cover of a major international periodical with a cover story devoted to their (rumored) imminent engagement?

My guess is that she was too lazy to look further. Either that or her Royal "expertise" does not extend beyond Harry and Meghan these days. :cool:

Last edited:
No Lainey had never sure source, it is a tabloid of the web.

Don't trust this sort of Tabloid and the proove is this story of love about Charlotte and Brad Pitt, I think she does not know very well Charlotte, she called her princess, Charlotte is not princess and these two tabloids don't follow the activities of Charlene, they would have done this, these tabloids would have see that Charlotte is with Dimitri since the last summer.

I think that these english tabloids followed Harry and Meghan and nothing else

Of course, all is untrue

And the very idea, Brad Pitt and Charlotte, is so crazy, even if they presented "photographic" evidence I would not believe it! :lol: (Because of course that would be photoshopped! ) :big grin: It's weird to say it, but honestly, Charlotte is so far out of his league, it's hilarious! Maybe 90s Brad Pitt, that Brad Pitt was 'cool', but he is so far past that! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom