Charlotte Casiraghi and Family Current Events Part 40: December 2015 -December 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlotte was born in August 1986 so she just hit 30 years old. She is still young and she is rich and quite beautiful. There will always be men who want someone like that.

My feeling about her is that she seems to see herself as an independent, free thinking philosophe who does what she wants.

I see her as self-centered and extremely needy when it comes to men. She picked up sticks and moved to London to follow Alex Dellal, then packed up and moved to Paris to follow Gad Elmaleh. Now she has packed up her tent and headed to Rome for SanFelice.

London, Paris, Rome..will she be heading to Melbourne with her kids if she falls for an Aussie next? Or Madrid for a Spanish love?:whistling:

She reminds me of her Aunt Stephanie in the 80's and 90's. What a mess.

But Stephanie's children appear amazingly well balanced and mature.Maybe it will be the same for Charlotte.

And yes btw...LAUDOMIA is a hideous name...like a disease!:lol:

Last edited:
I don't understand Charlotte. She is beautiful, wealthy and yet still unmarried. Is she planning on raising an illegitimate family or what? :ermm:

Maybe she's planning on raising a happy family and considers a marriage certificate not to be mandatory for that

This continuous word: legitimate. And again and again. What could be delicate is Charlotte changing partners especially with kids. But we forgot something. The ten years of her life Charlotte had two long relationships and now she is on her third one. But if she had married Alex, then divorced, after married Gad, had a legitimate Raphael and now divorced, so everything done by the law, everything ok? No fuss no mess ?
What is the disturbing point ? That she did not wed ? Or that she is at her third long relationship?

I don't believe in "illegitimate families". In fact I am not even certain what that is, or what it looks like.

I do not agree that Charlotte has been in long relationships. She was a few years with Dellal and roughly the same time span with Elmaleh and before with the Winckler kid.

I do not know Charlotte and I feel extremely uncomfortable judging her personal life. But this is a Forum for opinions and perceptions, no?

So as I posted above, my perception of her is that she is emotionally immature and needy, too willing to uproot her life and follow her grand amour du jour around like some camp gypsy. She comes off as a dilettante in other areas of her life as well, interested in show jumping but not disciplined enough to truly commit herself to a career, dabbling in philosophy here and ecology there with a little writing and modeling on the side.

I don't see any stability or stick-to-it-ness in her life-especially compared to her brothers, but all that may be about to change. For the sake of any children that come into her life I sure hope so.

Otherwise Christmas at Charlotte's home could get very confusing..."no we will not all be together this year for the holidays. X will be in Paris with Papa, Y in Rome with his/her Papa, and Z will be in New York etc".

Sorry to be so blunt but there it is.

Last edited:
Except for a few problems: papa X is not Catholic and therefore in no need to spend Christmas together, and Y & Z are a figment of our imagination still...

Point taken. But "Y" might not in fact be a figment of our imagination, at least not for long.:cool: I am almost certain that she will have more children in the future, and the daddy will be different from X's.

Let's all be honest....if Charlotte was not wealthy and famous and from a Princely family...especially if she was a minority, there would be an unflattering name for her even if she was not on public assistance.

I couldn't care less about her choice of men, you can't feign happiness when it's not there and a lot of 30-year-old women have been in relationships far more than she has and in shorter ones too. In this day and age, it's not easy to find love. It doesn't matter if you're rich, beautiful, extremely intelligent, you can't invent love. Worse, even if you find one, the timing could be all wrong. Plus I'm sure her men had problems too and she should not settle for anything less than what she thinks she deserves. There's just too many factors we don't know for us to make such harsh judgments. If she were a guy, there would be few judgments on how she leads her romantic life, that's just fact. People would just say--oh it takes time, she just hasn't found the one yet, etc. etc.

I do agree, however, with the lack of dedication to her professional pursuits. I don't know what's going on there but I always feel like it's a waste when you have heiresses who have had mediocre achievements considering the wealth, connection and endless opportunities they have. Between a Charlotte Casiraghi or a Tessy de Nassau (sorry for the comparison but I'm really a fan both), I am in the end more impressed with the latter who's clearly working towards something and putting her opportunities to good use and making an impact in the world. Substance and purpose, those are things I do feel that's lacking in Charlotte's career.

Anyway, we are so off topic here. :D

:previous: True moby very true.

But there have been men who have been judged harshly for behavior similar to Charlotte's...namely her Uncle Prince Albert.

He had a fling with Jasmin's mother but by most accounts the relationship with Nicole Coste was serious and might have gone further if Rainier had not put his foot down.

You make her sound like a flaky whore jumping between men :bang:

Since 18 she has had 3 boyfriends:
-Felix- 3 years
-Alex- nearly 5
-Gad- 3 1/2 years

She runs off to be with a man? She moving to London to be with a man she dated for years. Should she have been in long distance forever or demand he give up his job and move to France. She returned to France with Gad and is still there. I love the double standards, Gad has kids with 2 women but she is the needy flaky one.

Charlotte is realistic and knows she doesn't have enough skill to ride for a living so she models which pays the big bills. Her writing and riding are more hobbies and there is nothing wrong with that.

Caroline manages to have family holidays, so does Stephanie.

No sorry, she was NOT with Alex for "years" when she moved to London to live with him. It was only a matter of weeks, same with El Maleh when she decamped to Paris and same with SanFelice in Rome.

She has a pattern.

And if this thread was about Gad I'd be saying the same thing about him. He's a flake, imo

For the record, no I don't think Charlotte is anything close to a "whore". I also don't think a 26 year old woman is past her shelf life and at 30 is over the hill, as you offered a few posts up..

Last edited:
Well...it's my first time writing on this discussion.

(and what I'm about to say is from a cultural point of view, at least what happens in my country)

I think that Charlotte brought herself a wrong image by dating some guys, then she had a child with one of them (nothing wrong with that) but she switched from another guy when she has a young child. That would be weird here, well, it happens a lot too, but here people criticize a lot, especially the elder people. And when that similar situation happens to a women here, I mean having kids from diferent fathers, she would have a bad image forever, unfortunately that doesn't happen to men because people are used for men to be more of womanizer than women (I think people have standards to what a women should behave).

So, from a cultural point of view Charlotte, famous or not, wealthy or not, royalty or not, her current social life is not good to the eyes of many. Not whore, but not a saint as well...It's just an opinion I wanted to share from what I see in my country from general point of view...

Last edited:
No sorry, she was NOT with Alex for "years" when she moved to London to live with him. It was only a matter of weeks, same with El Maleh when she decamped to Paris and same with SanFelice in Rome.

She has a pattern.

And if this thread was about Gad I'd be saying the same thing about him. He's a flake, imo

For the record, no I don't think Charlotte is anything close to a "whore". I also don't think a 26 year old woman is past her shelf life and at 30 is over the hill, as you offered a few posts up..

I agree that she moves to wherever her beau is located, but I don't think it's because she's needy or immature. I think it has more to do with her having an informal job, and no real roots. It's not a big deal for her to move to whatever metropolitan European city, it has no impact on her or her work. She didn't move to the USA with Gad, because that would have been a big change. She's a citizen of Europe, like her older brother living in London, and her younger brother living in Italy.

I also agree that Gad is a flake, and regardless of her personality or choices, that relationship would be on borrowed time. He's never had a relationship last longer than 4 years, and he's in his 40's. I think he gets bored after a while and either dumps them and/or starts to show his disinterest and they say "goodbye, why bother".

What's your opinion on Lamberto? Is he a casanova? A flake? Or is he the stabilizing "rock" for Charlotte?

So far, he's my favorite Charlotte beau but I might be wrong about the strength of their relationship.

Last edited:
Hi miss whirley!

I knew the thing with Gad was on borrowed time when he virtually took out an ad in the New York Times proclaiming he had no intention of marrying his 9 months pregnant young lover. If I'd been Princess Caroline I would have given him a black eye.:bang:

I don't know much about Lamberto at all. I need to catch up, don't I!:;)

Last edited:
She did move to Los Angeles for a,while with gad as I recall.

She and their son would go on visits, to both LA and NYC. And would be papped at the airport returning home to Paris. But they never moved there. It wouldn't make sense to move there as Gad was usually on tour. It would of been Charlotte and their son sitting alone at a house in the USA for a majority of that time, so it wouldn't be worth a move. The visits would happen when Gad had a break in his schedule, or when his comedy tour was stopping in LA or NYC.

That's why the tabloids always cited the long distance as being a strain on their relationship. Gad wanted to make it big in the USA but it was at odds with Charlotte's life in Europe.

:previous:

Thank you, LadyFinn! Im surprised how much Noé has grown in the meantime ;), it's touching to read his "I'm the happiest big brother on this earth"-comment and I like the fact that he respects the family's privacy by only sharing a back view photo. It's a very lovely photo.

Hi miss whirley!

I knew the thing with Gad was on borrowed time when he virtually took out an ad in the New York Times proclaiming he had no intention of marrying his 9 months pregnant young lover. If I'd been Princess Caroline I would have given him a black eye.:bang:

I don't know much about Lamberto at all. I need to catch up, don't I!:;)

Really?? He did say that? Jeez:bang:

We may not blame Gad they did't have the same religion. This was known since the beginning of their relation

Why it should be the question of religion?
The marriage of Chelsea Clinton & Marc Mezvinsky is an interfaith marriage (Christian and Jewish) and lasts already six years (their relationship - much longer)

Weddings for me was always a question of commitment. Call me old fashion but for me if you are ready to have kids with a man or a woman, you should also be ready to be committed to him or her and not be afraid of marrying this person. If you know you would never/ not marry this person, then don't have kids with him or her. Especially if you are a religious person, as is to a certain extent Gad who asked for Noe to be a jew (I believe his mother was catholic) or Charlotte who asked for Raphael to be baptised (I believe she is since Raphael is not dynast, it was not mandatory for the princily family for him to be baptised )

Last edited:
I agree with you @titiromi about the committment. From Charlotte's side it was supposed to be serious. So I don't think she was not willing to marry him.
The Grimaldis might get pregnant out of wedlock but they marry after.
Princess Caroline was twice pregnant but she wed, Andrea and Princess Stéphanie also.
When they have a real relationship they always marry.
And i not think that the palace interfered and refused Charlotte to marry Gad. She is actually quite far in the line of succession
So I really presume that Gad did non want to do it. And this is a bad point for him as he used this relationship enough in his Interest but did not want to give anything.
Of course people will say that Gad did non need Charlotte's fame as he is very successful himself. Yes, OK, but it was Gad who spoke about this relationship saying that he was born Morocco emigrant and now he is dating a princess..... Bad taste of declarations...
He put Charlotte into his TV show. And he went to Rose Ball. And finally he said that he did not want to wed.
Charlotte never talked about her personal life for any of her relationships.
But Gad opened his mouth constantly and was vey happy to catch attention. Very happy to make his entrance into to "high people" sphere, as talented or not he did not belonged to it before.
He is talented and rich maybe but before her he was not used to be inside palaces or social events like the Borromeo wedding, and he took full profit of this.

Last edited:
His attendence to the Borromeo Wedding was pathetic !
His worst Role !!

Princess Caroline was twice pregnant but she wed, Andrea and Princess Stéphanie also.

With one exception: Stephanie didn't marry Jean-Raymond Gottlieb.

With one exception: Stephanie didn't marry Jean-Raymond Gottlieb.

It was not a relationship with Camille's father. Just a short affair.
Same for Albert and Jasmine's mum. A short fling.
I do not know how long was with Nicole Coste, but Albert was the heir and Prince Rainier alive. Another story with state reasons and interests. Far away from Charlotte's situation.

I agree with you @titiromi about the committment. From Charlotte's side it was supposed to be serious. So I don't think she was not willing to marry him.
When they have a real relationship they always marry.
And i not think that the palace interfered and refused Charlotte to marry Gad. She is actually quite far in the line of succession
So I really presume that Gad did non want to do it. And this is a bad point for him as he used this relationship enough in his Interest but did not want to give anything.
Of course people will say that Gad did non need Charlotte's fame as he is very successful himself. Yes, OK, but it was Gad who spoke about this relationship saying that he was born Morocco emigrant and now he is dating a princess..... Bad taste of declarations...
He put Charlotte into his TV show. And he went to Rose Ball. And finally he said that he did not want to wed.
Charlotte never talked about her personal life for any of her relationships.
But Gad opened his mouth constantly and was vey happy to catch attention. Very happy to make his entrance into to "high people" sphere, as talented or not he did not belonged to it before.
He is talented and rich maybe but before her he was not used to be inside palaces or social events like the Borromeo wedding, and he took full profit of this.

I am afraid, you 're right, fandesacs2003.

It was not a relationship with Camille's father. Just a short affair.
Same for Albert and Jasmine's mum. A short fling.
I do not know how long was with Nicole Coste, but Albert was the heir and Prince Rainier alive. Another story with state reasons and interests. Far away from Charlotte's situation.

By all accounts he was with Nicole Costs for several years on and off. But anyway, I was just responding to the comment that Grimaldis always marry if there is a pregnancy.

Personally, I don't think Charlotte (or anyone) needs to marry if she has children. She isn't titled - rich and privileged but only a member of the extended family. Do I think she might have commitment issues? Possibly - but I can only comment as an onlooker who doesn't actually know her. What I find interesting is that she seems to have a certain physical "type" that she goes for. None of them are attractive in a conventional way but all, IMO, bear a passing resemblance to Vincent Lindon, who to all intents and purposes, was her stepfather during her formative years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom